Phoenix

By snuttlebug

Slight!Laxus x OC Eventual! Sting x OC A girl with memory loss has been traveling with Laxus Dreyar for two y... More

Author's Note
Soup & Gardens
Meeting Team Natsu
Fairy Tail Finds Out
Books and Nightmares
A Fairy Tail Encounter
Sleepover!
Thunder
Finding George's George
Natsu Returns
Snake Fang
Gildarts Enters
Sick
Cuddle
Hugging Time
Crying
Deal
Memories
Hunt
A Fairy Tail Wizard
Fantasia
GMG
Found You!
A What?
Frustrations
Dragon Book
Laxus vs Ivan
Asking
Here We Go
Date
Date (Part 2)
Date (Part 3)
Post Date
Return
Remember
GMG Final Battle
Dragons!
Ball
Magic Circle Formed
Memories Begin
Cain?
The Blue Demon
Prelude
Let's Hunt Some Demons
Scary Meeting
Kira and Ayame
Camp
Thanks, Kira
Hey, Did You Change?
Well...
The Present
Emi's Birthday
Job With Sting
The Hood
Eviction
Contact
He Tried, He Really Tried
Mira's Delight
How Dare You Set Us Up
Your Turn
Date
Cloaked Demon
The Holy Dragon
Magnolia
Wind Spell
Scolding
Flower Garden Days
Black Dragon
Questioning
I Don't Know What To Call This
The Sunsmiths
Emi Reveals Her Past
Vulcan
Emi's Scars (Vacation!)
Let's Go To The Beach (Vacation!)
Last Day
Fight! Sting vs Kira
Gluttony
Aftermath
S-Class
Crystal
Mating Season Begins
A Surprise Awaits
A/N: Thank you!
So Are We?
No Magic
2K?
Explanation
Moving
Picnics and Scars
Everlue
Meet the Construction Wizards!
The New Job
Hisui
Hisui's Wish
Fight: Emi vs Master Rue!
Scaredy Cats
Scout
Gas Summon: Truth
Wyvern
Announcement
Another S-Class
Prelude to Destruction
Destruction
memoria exisse
New Book Out Now!
The Lightning Man
The Start of a Journey
And So It Continues
Lizard Tongue
The Problem
Mission: Acquired
Mission: Failed
Emi's "First" Job
Sleepover: Emi Style
Emi's Trip
Fall
Scarred
Domestic Life
Babysitting!
Testing Magic
Snowman Origins
This is a bit of a problem
Sting
Flynn and Ryder
Big Oops
Spy
Premonition
Compromise
Return: Emi vs Dragon Slayers!
Training
Storm
Black Dragon
Unison
Picnic Bonding
A Day With Fire
Flower Gardens
Demonic Force Manipulation
Efreet
Prelude (The Encore)
Start
Wrath
Smite
Rage of Failures
Summoning
Guardian
Decrescendo
Departure
Sabertooth
Three Years
The End

Job With Kira

431 11 0
By snuttlebug

"This has to be the best request ever. It asks specifically for a water mage."

Kira was staring at the request board at the guild. She picked the water mage request and handed it over to Mich before telling Emi to pack her bag.

"I'm coming?"

"Of course! It's been a while since it was just us on a job. It'll be fun. Plus it's hot out and you can take your cloak off when we camp tonight."

The two walked back to their apartment and packed the necessities for the job. They passed Sting and Lector fighting over what type of pie was best, and they decided to pull Emi and Kira into the debate as well.

"Emi, you have to tell Lector that the best pie is shepherd's pie!"

"Kira, please tell Sting that it's pumpkin!"

Kira and Emi looked at each other before looking back to the two bickering partners. Kira immediately sided with Lector just because it would be disagreeing with Sting. Emi looked confused with the situation before looking at Sting.

"Um, is shepherd's pie even considered a pie?"

"Of course it is. It has pie in the name!" Sting defended.

"Hey idiot, when people say pie they think of dessert, not a stupid shepherd's pie."

"I think you and Lector are both wrong. Apple pie is the best."

The three others looked at her before Kira smirked.

"There you go, Emi. You tell them."

Sting grumbled something under his breath.

"I'm sorry, dragon boy, what was that?"

"Shepherd's pie is a pie."

-----------------------------------------------------

"I can't wait to do this job with you."

"Why are you so excited?"

"I love going on jobs with you. You're like the sister that I've always wanted. Plus you always have some new spell that you learned that you can show me when we fight."

"Like a...sister?"

Kira stopped walking and turned back to Emi.

"You're the only one who isn't phased by my personality and you're always fun to be around. I know that you don't really like people to get close to you and that it's taken this long just for you to take off your hood around me and I just want you to know that it makes me so happy that you trust me. I know that I can be an asshole sometimes but--"

"You know, I never had a sister before. I was always curious what it would be like to have one."

Kira processed her answer and smiled brightly before taking Emi's hand and dragging her to the train.

"This is going to be so fun!"

Emi giggled before following along. The train ride was filled with random conversation until Emi asked what the request was about.

"It says on the paper that it requires a water mage to help a dam hold. Apparently the town is built on the other side of a failing dam and they're worried that it will flood them out. I figured you'd be able to help out with that Ice Wall spell that you've been working on."

"Seems interesting enough."

"Hey," Kira giggled, "these train rides are a lot calmer without Sting."

Emi returned her laughter and looked out the window and stated, "Yeah, but I do kind of miss pointing out trees to Lector. He seems to enjoy that."

"You seem to like those two a lot."

Emi continued to look out the window and elaborated, "They're very entertaining to watch. I haven't been around a lot of people, especially not anyone as energetic and easily distracted as them. I guess I just enjoy seeing all kinds of people."

----------------------------------

"Man this is kind of weird without Sting carrying all our shit."

Emi tittered and said that Sting was probably relieved that he didn't have to come. Kira turned around with a smirk, but did not elaborate. The two set up their campsite and sat around the fire.

"Your fire spells sure come in handy."

"You think so? Fire magic is kind of hard for me, so the spells are weaker. If I were to go up against a fire mage I don't think I would do well."

Natsu started to laugh maniacally, causing Lucy to scold him. He turned to Emi.

"That means I can totally kick your ass. Once we get out of your mind, we're fighting!"

Gray groaned, "All you think about is fighting."

"Deal."

"Emi, you don't have to give into him!" Lucy objected.

"What about that Armageddon spell?!"

"I haven't practiced it enough, so I'm still not able to use it."

"Hey you two!"

Emi and Kira looked towards a bush to see a group of people hiding. Four men walked out, one holding a sword. Emi quickly put on her cloak and faced the group. Kira started stomping over to them.

"Look what you've done. You ruined our girl chat."

The man with the sword jumped at Emi.

"The girl in the hood goes first. She looks weak enough to cut down in one blow!"

Emi stayed completely still as the swordsman charged at her. Kira looked over at Emi and started laughing at the man.

"Why are you laughing, you red eyed freak?"

"Your buddy over there chose the wrong target."

"What do you--"

"Fluctus inpulsa!"

A burst of lightning struck the swordsman and threw him back, hitting one of the other men. Emi then turned to the leader and pointed at him. The man flinched a little before asking what she wanted.

"Kira," Emi spoke from in front of her, "you take care of the leader. I'll handle the short one and the one that's trying to look cool wearing a bandana on his head."

Kira laughed before getting into a fighting position and waving the leader on. The leader charged at the girl with the purple hair and cast an invisibility spell.

"Crap."

Kira scanned the area for the wizard but could not find him. She heard movement to her left and struck the direction with one of her water spells.

"Rushing waters!"

The man's invisibility was canceled by the water, revealing his figure to Kira. She aimed another wave at him, causing him to be pushed further back. She looked over at Emi to see how she was doing and found her fighting off the two members at the same time.

"Emi, you need any help? I got this guy cornered."

"Wind blade!"

A sword of wind appeared in Emi's hands as she swung it at the two enemies. She looked over towards Kira and asked her to repeat herself.

"I said I think it's time to finish this. What do you say? Time for the combo?"

Emi laughed and swung the blade at the wizards one more time before jumping over to Kira and putting their hands together.

"Juvia wants to know if they're doing a unison raid."

"Sure looks like it," Cana stated.

"I never knew you guys could do a unison raid," Sting laughed.

The two girls faced the group and cast their spells.

"Cloudkill!"

"Mass drown!"

"Unison raid: poison waters!"

The group dropped to the ground as they choked for air. Emi and Kira cheered as they walked back over to the fire.

"Well I guess this means we have to move locations now. These guys give me the creeps."

"What gave that away?" Emi joked. "Maybe it was the fact that they attacked us?"

Kira gave a lopsided grin as they started gathering their stuff.

"I mean," Emi noted, "it's pretty close to sunrise. We might as well stay up."

"If Sting was here he would be complaining."

"But he's not."

"I guess I have to take that role then," Kira started before whining. "Can we please go back to sleep?"

Emi snorted before telling Kira that they could get the request done sooner and then she would pay for both of them to eat at Kira's favorite diner in Crocus. Kira groaned and agreed reluctantly.

Once the two had made it to the town, they were briefed by the person who had made the request.

"So basically," Kira stated, "we're plugging it up."

The two had arrived at the edge of town where the dam was. Kira shook her head at the dam.

"What?"

"Why would they build a town right next to a dam? That's just asking for trouble. Whatever. Let's just do this so we can eat."

Kira and Emi stood on top of the dam's gates and cast their spells.

"Ice wall!"

"Water gate!"

With their spells, the water was forced back into the dam and an ice wall held the water in place until Emi was able to construct a new one with her Iron Wall spell. They high fived and quickly made their way back to town to collect the reward. The train ride was mostly just Kira talking about what they were going to do once they got back.

"And I was thinking that maybe we could get an ice cream after we ate, but not that weird apple shit that you like. We're going to the one by the palace. And then maybe tomorrow we cou--"

"Actually I told Sting and Lector I would go food shopping with them tomorrow."

"Food shopping? Really? Those two actually cook and not just eat out every night?"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.8K 69 12
Just a remake of my old story "Mate" from my old account @ToraAstrid. I thought that I would... errr thoroughly improve it after rewatching Fairy Tai...
426K 11.3K 66
Lucy Heartfilia is a 16-year-old. Her mother had died early and her father's business collapsed. Finally having been able to join the most renown gui...
52K 1.2K 15
Lucy Heartfilia's gone through everything with Fairy Tail, but her new adventure will be the hardest yet : True Love. Laxus Dreyar still feels like a...
54.7K 1.4K 12
{Completed} Now that you and Sting are Fiore's Hottest Couple you feel on top of the world! But danger still lurks, the battle of Tartaros begins and...