Learn to fly {Haikyuu x maleO...

By MafuyusHeartBreak

Kiya Seiji, nephew to the coach of Karasuno. After moving to Miyagi, starting Karasuno a few weeks into his s... More

1
2
4
5
6
7

3

1K 30 4
By MafuyusHeartBreak

Seiji's PoV

I continued sprinting as I entered the shiratorizawa campus. I remember it clearly, exactly where I have to go. The two of us got lost here once and the coach found us playing with a volleyball. In the end, he let us practice there when it wasn't in use. To be fair, even when it was in use he allowed us to use it a few times.

I continued as I ran into the gym building and down the small hall before coming to the door of the main room. I stood there panting and spotted the volleyball team clearing up. I looked around frantically before spotting a familiar head of red locks.

Everyone was giving me confused glances as they spotted me but he hadn't turned around yet.

My heart was racing out of pure joy... and from the run but that's not important.

"Satori..." I finally said.

He tilted his head over his shoulder with a curious hum. Instantly, be dropped the ball he was holding and spun round to sprint over to me, slipping a little in the process. Within a split second he leapt towards me and wrapped his arms around my neck, me quickly hugging back.

God... this is probably the tightest hug I've ever had. It's nice though, part of me doesn't want to let go.

"That's new..." one of the teammates remarked.

"What are you doing here?!" His voice was muffled as his face was buried into my shoulder.

"Guess who moved back baby!" I replied.

The hug ended after a short while and he looked me in the eyes, gripping my shoulders as I held his arms.

"FOR REAL?!"

"For real!" I nodded, the cheesy grin refusing to leave my face. "I got my own apartment here."

"You also got piercings." He said, pushing my hair back to look at the ear piercings.

"Dude, I've had them for ages!"

"I know, I just haven't seen them in person."

"You haven't seen this one either." I stuck my tongue out at him.

"WOAH! Look at you!" He nudged my shoulder.

"Sorry to ruin the vibe but uh... hi?" Someone with silver hair, darker at the tips, cut in.

"Ah... sorry for the intrusion." I bowed as I stood in view of the team.

"Guys, this is Kiya Seiji. Close friend of mine. He moved to Tokyo 7 years ago so it's been a while. Seiji, this is team."

I laughed at his introduction before bowing again, "nice to meet you... 'team'."

Messages:

11:45pm

BadBoi: just got back, all safe and sound!

BeadyEyedBby: can't believe you left so soon ('°̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥ω°̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥`)

BadBoi: DUDE! If it wasn't for that stanky security guard that almost dragged me out then I'd still be there ( *`ω')

BeadyEyedBby: well, I'm glad to have you back

BadBoi: feels good to be back.

BadBoi: anywho,, look at chu being all buddy buddy with that ace of yours. He better not be replacing me .°(ಗдಗ。)°.

BeadyEyedBby; never in a million years my love!

BadBoi: honestly,, if you ever cheated on me with him, I'd pull a Romeo!

BeadyEyedBby: guess I'm your Juliet~

BadBoi: wait no- you can't go killing yourself... let's be Barbie and Ken instead?

BeadyEyedBby: I call dibs on Barbie!

BadBoi: hiya Barbie~

BeadyEyedBby: hi ken!

BadBoi: wanna go for a ride ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

BeadyEyedBby: yEEHAW MOTHER FUCKER!

BadBoi: saddle up baby

BeadyEyedBby: dirty bOi

BadBoi: talk dirty to me

BeadyEyedBby: honestly... imagine all juice leaking out~~

BeadyEyedBby: of those gREasY asS burgErs!

BadBoi: uUurgh,, all the cALORIES

BeadyEyedBby: the succulent meats>•<

BadBoi: scrummy

BeadyEyedBaby: we should frame these conversations,

BeadyEyedBby: like seriously... this is pure art

BadBoi: pure chaotic art

BeadyEyedBby: sexy art

BeadyEyedBby: fuck,, my roommate just threatened to call the hall monitor if it don't stop cackling at my phone.

BadBoi: goody two shoes...

BeadyEyedBby: this is goodbye then my love ,_,

BadBoi: bye.

BadBoi; jOKES! Sleep well my princess,,

BeadyEyedBby: see you in my dreams Prince Charming!

A soft snort left my nose as I put my phone down on the kitchen side. I stood there with a pair of loose black pyjama pants and a white tank top. My hair was pulled into a messy ass ponytail and I had my fringe pinned back with some hair clips.

I began boiling some water and making a quick instant ramen before serving it up and jumping on top of the counter, sitting cross legged and digging into my dinner.

Well... considering it's already midnight, it's my midnight snack.

As I sat there eating, I used my foot to grab the handle of my school bag resting against the counter and pulled it up. I pulled out a notepad and rested it on my knee before taking a pencil and opening to a new page.

Fortunately, this was still a new and basically a spare note book. No pages used.

At the top of the page, I wrote 'Karasuno'. I proceeded to write down what I knew about the team in general so far. How they were known as the crows but are now referred to as the 'fallen champs' or 'wingless crows'. In the end, I summed up that little part with how I had a feeling that would be changing in a matter of time.

From then on, I filled the pages with information on each player individually. I mean, I didn't have much on each of them, so far I just had their names, numbers, positions and basic skills. I mean, that's all just based on what I'd observed today whilst I was there.

Before I even knew it, I was there with over 12 pages of shit and squiggles, an empty bowl, a cup of coffee and music playing in the back ground.

"Why am I even doing this..." I scratched my head and closed the book, "I'm not even part of the team in anyway. I just fucking showed up 2 days ago."

Note to self, when alone in apartment, I have a tendency of talking out loud to myself.

And all of a sudden it's 3am? What the fuck?

"Ayeee." I groaned as I jumped off the counter. I quickly washed up my bowl and cup, putting them away and putting my things back in my bag before taking my phone and heading into my room.

"Yo." I said as I walked into the gym.

"Here again kid?" Keishin said.

"Nah, I'm a figure of your imagination." I winked as I rested my bag down.

"I asked him to come in again!" Ennoshita said, "he's been giving me some tips today so..."

"Well, you're more than welcome too anyway." Daichi nodded.

"Say dude! Where did you run off to yesterday?" Tanaka asked.

"Ah, sorry bout that. I went to meet an old friend."

"What? That weird freaky one?" Keishin asked.

Immediately, I shot him a glare. Without saying a word, I walked over to the ball basket and took one in my hand, standing there and doing some receive sets before launching it into the air and slamming it towards Keishin.

"Say that again, dare ya." I smirked.

"Holy shit..." someone from the team muttered.

"OW!" He hunched over, holding his stomach where it hit, "JUST SAY NEXT TIME!"

"My bad... just word your things a lil better next time." I said.

"Hngh." He groaned.

"Despite the violence... you've got a pretty got serve. Strong spike too, nice receive sets." Daichi said.

"H-huh? Oh... thanks." I bowed my head.

"So you HAVE played volleyball before?" Tanaka asked.

"I have." I nodded with a smile, "I've been playing it since I was a kid." I said, rolling the ball that had rolled back to me along my arms and into the air.

"What position?"

"Middle blocker in my elementary, ended up playing wing spiker from middle school onwards." I replied, "I was even the ace in my old high school." I winked at them.

"WHAT!?"

"Another ace?!"

"AS A FIRST YEAR?!"

"Asahi's our real ace though." Noya jumped up beside him, grabbing his shoulders.

"So why don't you join the team?!" Tanaka asked.

"Yeah, you've been giving me some good advice too." Ennoshita said.

"Heh..." I said, throwing the ball to Tanaka. "Wish I could." I shrugged.

"There's nothing stopping you. Why don't you join us?" Daichi said.

"I appreciate it, I really do. I had a small accident a while back and basically I can't play volleyball like I used to. Maybe a few minutes at most but if I start again I know I'll keep going. I'll save you the sob story." I smiled at them.

"I didn't know about this?" Keishin said, clearly concerned.

"Don't panic. Seriously, when was the last time mum updated you on any family business?" I gave a soft laugh.

"... so that's it then? Can't anything be done?" Sugawara asked.

"Surgery if I want it recovered quicker. Or I just leave it, continue going to physio therapy and give it a year, two at most."

"And you chose the latter." Daichi assumed.

"Yeah... even if I did get surgery, considering recovery time and all, I wouldn't be able to play again until almost half way through my third year. It'd involve more physio and all that."

"I see..." Daichi said.

"DUDE! THATS SO SAD!" Tanaka boomed.

"SERIOUSLY! ISN'T THERE ANYTHING WE CAN DO?!" Noya sobbed.

"Heh, thanks guys? I mean, there's one thing I can think of."

"Which is?" Daichi said.

"Just let me stay as close to the sport as I can. If you don't mind, can I keep coming in after school and during practice?" I asked.

"Oi!" Keishin called out, "if you cant play, how about being assistant coach?"

"Huh?... really?" I asked, turning to face him.

"DO IT!" Tanaka said.

"JOIN US!" Noya cheered.

"Heh. Thanks guys. It sounds like a deal."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

46.1K 1.5K 25
❝𝐈 𝐰𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬 𝐨𝐟 𝐊𝐚𝐫𝐚𝐬𝐮𝐧𝐨 𝐬𝐨 𝐰𝐞 𝐜𝐚𝐧 𝐬𝐨𝐚𝐫 𝐡𝐢𝐠𝐡 𝐨𝐧𝐜𝐞 𝐚𝐠𝐚𝐢𝐧. 𝐓𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬...
116K 3.7K 14
He fell, and rose much stronger than before. Hinata Shōyō is a 16 year old male who used to attend Karasuno highschool. And a former middle blocker a...
303K 8.3K 24
(Y/N) is a second year at Fukurodani High school, and on their girls volleyball team. She's very good at what she does, she can play almost every pos...
4K 177 21
Suna x fem reader. "Holy shit! You're a chick?" In which Y/n had recently won her battle with cancer, but it left her body unrecognizable. When the p...