Maddox

By Jellyphish

"You know baby, you were right." I ignored his usual pet names. "I usually am. About what this time?" I aske... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23

Chapter 3

70.7K 2.2K 530
By Jellyphish

Picture of Kyson

Three knocks on the door let me know that Kade was here. I quickly checked my hair one more time and glanced over my outfit. A short dress over leggings and boots. Good for January. Grabbing my coat and shrugging it on, I headed for the front door. 

I regretted opening the front door. Kaden looked absolutely delectable. His coat attempted to obscure his abs, to no avail. I could see his fit body underneath that tight shirt and dark jeans. I swear my mouth started watering slightly. I mentally shook myself out of it. This guy was cocky and trouble, despite his good looks. Thank heavens he didn't see me checking him out.

"Hey Mer. You ready?" He gave me a confident smile, which made me slightly suspicious. What did he have to be so cocky about? Was it just his personality? 

"I just need to lock up." I confirmed. I stepped out onto the front porch and locked the door, shoving my key back into my bag.

"Where to?" I asked as we walked over to his car that was parked on my driveway. He politely held my door open for me.

"You'll see." He told me.

"Thanks." I narrowed my eyes in suspicion as I expressed my gratitude for his gentlemanly act. He got into the driver side and started up the car, pulling out of my driveway. 

"Are your parents still there?" He asked after a moment of silence.

"No," I shook my head, "They already left, immediately after the dinner." I told him.

"Did they say anything?"

"About you?"

"Yeah."

"Dad said you'll take care of me. And to come to him if you give me any trouble." Kaden coughed a laugh.

"He could fire me, but I could still beat the shit out of him." He pondered. I gave him a hard look.

"What did your mom say?" 

"Apparently you're too smart for your own good." This time he chuckled lightly. We pulled onto the main road and headed down toward the shopping district. 

"Kade, why are you doing this? Like honestly? I don't understand. I'm just your little brother's friend. You don't know me from Eve. Why do you want to help?" I finally voiced my thoughts, the ones I couldn't get rid of all night. He briefly glanced over at me before turning into a parking lot. Noodles. I was momentarily distracted as we parked.

"Let's continue this inside." He decided, killing the engine and leaving the car. Before I could open my own door he had already opened it for me.

"Thanks." I mumbled quietly as we waltzed up to the door. Like a gentleman, he held that door for me again.

We approached the menu but while Kade was searching it, I already knew what I wanted to order. He glanced over at me to see I wasn't studying the menu as he was.

"You already know what you want?"

"Yup." I nodded. He grabbed my arm and dragged me up to the cashier, whose eyes widened at the sight of him.

"W-what can I get for you today?" She asked politely. Kade turned to me first.

"I'll have a small mac and cheese." I told her. Kade smirked at me. Great. What did I do now? 

"I'll have the same, but regular please." The cashier didn't say another word as she put in our order.

"What?" I asked him. 

"You're such a kid. Mac and cheese." I frowned at him.

"You hypocrite! You just ordered the same thing!" I retorted.

"I just decided I'll order whatever you do, and it happened to be mac and cheese." 

"Any drinks?" The cashier interrupted.

"Two sodas." He told her. She took his card and returned it, mumbling something incoherent as we walked away. I let out a deep sigh. That was awkward.

"What's wrong?" He asked as we went to the soda machine.

"You don't realize the effect you have on women, do you?" I shook my head, feeling bad for the girl. She was probably dying of embarrassment right now. 

"I used to realize it. Now I'm just so used to it that it's normal." He shrugged. I bit my lip in confusion. This was weird. Plain weird. I was here. With a top boxer. A hot top boxer. My best friend's older brother. My "boyfriend".  Kade selected a soda and filled his cup, letting me go next. I got my usual Diet Doctor Pepper. 

We went and took a table in the corner where we wouldn't be bothered. I prayed for that poor cashier's sake that she wouldn't have to bring out our food.

"Seriously Kade." I told him once we sat down.

"Please answer my question?" It sounded more like a question, I realized, once it had left my mouth. 

"Getting straight to the point, eh?" He joked. I gave him my most serious glare.

"Fine fine, I get it. You want to know why the hell I'm getting involved at all."

"Duh." He was really testing my patience.

"You remind me of someone Mer. Someone I couldn't help in the past because I wasn't strong enough. Someone in a situation similar to yours. I couldn't help them, but I can help you." He played with his straw wrapper, twiddling it around in his fingers. 

"So is it some kind of guilt trip from the past? I don't want to be part of your guilt trip Kaden." He frowned when I used his full name. 

"It's not a guilt trip Meredith." He copied, using my full name.

"Then what is it?"

"I saw someone and I wanted to help them." He said simply, putting down his wrapper.

"There's got to be more to it." I demanded.

"And why is that?"

"You give me the vibe that there's always an ulterior motive when it comes to you." Kade grinned at my observation.

"Not always, but I wouldn't say you're wrong."

"So in this case-" I was cut off by our server bring our food. I looked up and realized who it was. Kyson's friend from the basketball team. Shit. 

"Meredith, what are you doing here?" Chad's eyes trailed to Kaden and widened slightly. 

"Chad, could you please not tell Kyson about this? Please please please? I'll tell him on my own time." I practically begged. Chad gave me a look of pure confusion but nodded.

"Sure Meredith. Just be sure you tell him sometime. I don't think he'll like whatever this is." He pointed to both of us.

"Here's your food." He set it down and turned away after one last glance.

"Shit." I hissed out. I heard Kade unwrapping his silverware.

"Why don't you want Kyson to know anything?" Kade looked really curious. I could use this to my advantage.

"Well I could tell you," I unwrapped my own utensils, "But only if you decide to tell me what your ulterior motive is." I bargained. He grinned at me.

"You're really something Mer. I like it." He dug into his own food. 

"So is that a yes?" I asked before digging into my own food. 

"Yes Meredith Summers, I'll tell you."

"Proceed." I said in a very professional tone. He gave me a look like he was thinking about how weird I was. I didn't really care.

"Of course I just want to help someone in need, but that someone also happens to be very.... sexually appealing to me." He summarized. I found myself putting my fork down.

"I'm sexually appealing to you?" 

"Don't sound so shocked. Of course you are Mer. I've never felt so attracted to a woman in my life." He smirked at me as I blushed slightly.

"Okay... so what are you expecting from me if you help me?" I jumped to the real question I was wondering. 

"I'll tell you, but after I find out a little more about your situation." He bargained. I let out a huff.

"Fine."

"Fine." I picked up my fork again and started eating again.

"Why do you put up with your parent's abuse?" He asked bluntly, startling me slightly.

"Because if I ever want to get out of that hellhole I need money, and they've agreed to give me a large sum when I graduate." I had never voiced this out loud, and I still wasn't sure. 

"This is all over money?" He looked a little bit angry.

"You don't get it. I don't have enough money to escape from them. I want to cut all ties as soon as they give me the money. I'm done with them. But you're making it sound worse than it is. The worst I've ever suffered is a few slaps and some bruises because of my mom's grip. They're only-"

"Abusing you psychologically and emotionally, as well as physically Meredith." He cut me off. I studied his face and realized he wasn't going to let it go.

"Let me guess. They're very controlling. They raised you to say and do very particular things, even if it's a lie. If you misbehave you're threatened, slapped, bruised." My mouth popped open.

"How did you know?" I whispered, turning back to my food. 

"I can tell Mer. That dinner was a disaster last night. I saw right through them." I looked up at him, my entire existence feeling tired of it. Tired of my family.

"I just want to get away as soon as I can." I mumbled, popping some macaroni into my mouth. 

"I know Mer. And I want to help you."

"But how? How can you help me? They never let me have a boyfriend before. How is this going to help me?" I asked bitterly, stabbing at my food with my fork.

"I've been thinking about that. Why didn't they want you to have a boyfriend in the first place?" 

"They didn't want me getting into any trouble and shaming them." I looked up to see Kade concentrating really hard on the table in front of him.

"Then how about this. You want money right? That's all you're waiting for before you bolt."

"Yes...." I confirmed, feeling unsure about what he would say next.

"Then why don't we wreck havoc? Enough that they'll pay you off to stop ruining their reputation?" My eyes widened.

"But, what if you get fired?" That was the first thing that came to my mind. Kaden laughed.

"Your dad would be crazy to fire me. I'm one of his top boxers, if not number one. There are so many other people who would take me, he would be at a loss if he fired me. I'm not worried about my job Mer." I let out a sigh of relief.

"What do you mean by 'wreck havoc'?" I quoted. He grinned over at me.

"That's the good part. We do whatever it takes to besmudge your parents and their precious reputation." I couldn't help the grin that came to my face.

"Did you seriously just use besmudge in a sentence? I'm impressed." I poked fun at him, and he glared at me.

"Just cause I'm an athlete doesn't mean I'm dumb Meredith. I'll have you know that I got better grades than Kyson is getting when I was in high school. Speaking of which, why don't you want to tell Kyson about any of this?" Damn. Just when I thought he forgot about that.

"I don't want Ky getting involved in any of this. He has no idea. He doesn't need to know. Ky knows a lot about me, but he doesn't know about this part of my life. The fact that I've hid it from him would upset him a lot. Plus the fact that it's you that I'm "dating"." I told him. He nodded slowly. 

"But back to my question Kade. What do you want from me? What do you get out of this?" Slowly a smirk started to rise to his face. 

"I have a feeling that you're very inexperienced when it comes to anything sexual." He stated as if it were a fact.

"I-I've held hands?" I tried to defend myself. Kade laughed again, turning back to his food.

"Way to go Mer."

"Just get to the point you bastard." I hissed. He looked up and put a hand over his heart, trying to look hurt.

"Seriously, just tell me." I deadpanned. He shrugged in defeat.

"I told you last night Mer, I get you. If we're fake dating, fake real dating, really dating, whatever you want to call it, I get to be your boyfriend. I get to take your firsts. Your first kiss, your first time, your first everything." I felt myself flushing furiously. Curse these cheeks.

"And why in the hell would I agree to that?" I hissed out. I felt embarrassed, one of the most uncomfortable emotions of which I despised. 

"You'd get your money before graduation. I guarantee it. You get to cut your parents off sooner than you thought. You don't have to act like their perfect little princess anymore. You can just be yourself. Plus, you get a little life experience." I sounds like he had thought this through. 

"And how do you suppose we wreck havoc?" I demanded. 

"I've given it some thought and I have some ideas, but we can play it by ear too." 

I decided to distract myself with my food as I thought this through.

I hated my parents. I would do anything to get away from them as soon as possible. I hated being their doll, being unable to be myself. I still felt like I had never really discovered who I was because my parents repressed it. Would this be an opportunity to find myself? To escape? 

I needed to get away, no matter what. It really did look like Kaden was my best option at the moment. I looked up to meet his gaze, which was patiently waiting for my reply.

"Can I call it off at any time?" That was the last thing I needed to know before I jumped headfirst into this "relationship". 

"Absolutely." He assured me. 

"One more thing." I put up my finger before he could speak again.

"What if you go off with some woman, and my dad or mom finds out? I guarantee my mom will be watching you closely from now on." Kade's signature smirk returned to his face.

"Baby, that's not going to be a problem. You're going to keep me satisfied, probably more than any other woman could or ever has." So I was just another girl. Another girl to bang, to conquer. He just wanted to take my virginity. That was it. My embarrassment fuse blew a gasket. I threw my hands over my face to hide how much I was blushing. I felt Kade's rough hand grab my wrists in only one hand and jerk it away from my face. His hands were huge compared to the hands of my 5'3" frame. 

"Don't hide yourself from me Mer. You're mine now." I didn't know what to say to that, especially when he was looking at me with so much lust in his eyes.

"I'm not used to this Kade. I'm not used to someone... wanting me." I confessed.

"You have no idea how boys look at you Mer." He muttered darkly.

"Well they don't exactly express what they're thinking, then." 

"I'm glad they don't. I'm the only one who can do that." He said possessively. I let out a curt laugh.

"You don't even know me Kade."

"I told you last night, I want to get to know you. I feel like you don't know yourself very well either, not with parents like yours. Let's find out who you are together." It sounded a bit corny, but I knew he was sincere. 

"So when do we start?" I asked him. 

"Anytime really. You need to learn to be my girlfriend. Learn to do what girlfriends do. When are your parents coming back into town?" He put his hands behind his head to stretch, giving me a full few of his muscles now that his coat was off. I gulped. 

"Dad is coming back later this month. Mom won't be with him."

"Perfect. Your dad will be our test run. We better start immediately." 

"Im-immediately?" I stuttered. Kaden winked at me.

"I won't take it too fast, I promise." He set his fork down and I noticed he was done eating now. I hurried to finish my last few bites. We got up to leave, both putting our coats on.

"Why don't we start with something simple? Like holding hands?" He suggested, but I could tell he was mocking me slightly, since all I had ever done with a hug was hold hands. And that guy had been Ky, so it didn't really count. 

"Fine." I grumbled and I immediately felt his rough, warm hand envelope my small one. Chad gave me one more look as we headed toward the exit. 

"You're a great hand holder." He complimented as we left the restaurant. 

"Oh thanks." I sarcastically spat. He laughed at me and, as usual, opened the car door for me.

"Thanks for coming to lunch with me Meredith."

"Thanks for taking me. I like this place." I told him honestly. He grinned again.

"Hey, why don't you come to my boxing match tomorrow night? You can see your man in action." He wiggled his eyebrows. 

"I've never seen any of my dad's shows. I think it would be interesting." I admitted. 

"You have a car, right?"

"I'm not supposed to drive it."

"Step one to wrecking havoc: who gives a hell what your parents said about driving the car? Drive it anyway. Come to your dad's stadium and watch your boyfriend fight." I felt a little nervous about it, but nevertheless agreed.

We were interrupted by my phone ringing. It was Kyson. Kaden motioned for me to take it. 

"Hey Ky."

"Hey Mer, wanna hang out? I'll be near your house in like twenty minutes. We can have a movie marathon or something." He suggested. I knew how he loved my parent's theatre room.

"Sounds good to me." I agreed absentmindedly. We were getting closer to my house now. 

"See you soon." He cut the line. 

"Hanging out with Kyson?" Kade asked, and I could hear a little contempt behind his otherwise normal tone.

"Yeah. Movie marathon I think." 

"Mmmm." Kade replied as he pulled up in front of my house. 

"I'll see you tomorrow Mer." He grinned gingerly and leaned in, kissing my cheek. I was a little shocked. He gave me an innocent glance. I sighed and got out of the car. Before I could close the door he stopped me.

"Mer?"

"Yeah?"

"Be careful around Kyson." He stated darkly. I closed the door and he drove away. What was that supposed to mean? 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

19.7K 656 20
“So you’re basically saying that I'm not allowed to love?” “No, you are allowed to love, just not him.” My father told me. I got up out my seat and s...
16.5M 463K 64
[Completed] [EDITED] *REALLY MATURE THEME* *MIGHT TRIGGER SOME* Jaxon Hunt. Gangster. Fighter. Player. Drug dealer. Jordan Johnson. Starting colleg...
463 21 7
"The moment I laid my eyes on you, I knew that you weren't her real daughter, a real daughter wouldn't have five fingers print on a face caused by a...
105K 3.9K 48
*Mafia romance* He pierced into my soul with his beautiful eyes, his hot breath touching my face. He looked away from me for a moment, towards every...