Chapter 18

I just found out that Kellan Lutz used to box. I couldn't have picked a more perfect cast. Picture of Kade.

My heart raced as I checked the test I had been waiting for. Negative. I let out a huge sigh of relief.

After we had gotten back from Maui, I realized that we hadn't used protection on the beach. I had waited three weeks to take the test just to make sure. I wasn't ready to be a mother. I was still in high school for crying out loud! And Kade and I had just got our relationship going.

I wasn't sure he was ready to be a father, either. It wouldn't be the best birthday present. "Happy birthday Kade, you're going to be a dad." I snorted out loud, finally finding humor in the situation now that I could confirm I wasn't pregnant.

Today was Kade's birthday. April 9th. He was twenty-two now. Thank goodness it was a Saturday, otherwise I definitely would have skipped school. Kade was coming back in an hour from Miami, where he just won a fight. I had watched it on pay per view, since I couldn't skip school to go with him. I had been nervous about him coming home because the future had been so unclear. Now, I couldn't wait to see him.

"Mer?" I jumped and hit my head on the counter and cursed. I didn't have time to focus on the pain in my head, I needed to dispose of the pregnancy test. I grabbed a wad of toilet paper and wrapped it around the test, and then shoved it under the sink. I'd throw it away later. I heard his footsteps coming down the hallway as I came out of the bathroom, and in a few seconds he rounded the corner, dropping his duffle bag the moment he saw me. A big grin was plastered on his face as he held his arms open for me. I didn't need to be told twice. I jumped right into his arms.

"I never want to be away from you so long ever again." He muttered into my hair. I nodded in agreement.

"I missed you." I mumbled right back. I inhaled deeply, taking in his scent. Sleeping in the bed alone had been lonely.

"Oh, and happy birthday." I looked up and grinned at him. He smiled right back at me.

"You're the best present I could have asked for." He whispered before pulling me in for a kiss.

"B-but I have a real present for you." I gasped once he let me back up for air. He chuckled lowly.

"Oh do you?"

"Mhmmm. Wait right here." I grinned and slid under his arms, running into our room to grab his present. He wasn't going to believe this.

"Do you want to open it now or later?" I called, and was startled when his duffle bag fell on the bed behind me. He had followed me.

"Now, duh." He teased. I rolled my eyes and handed him the wrapped present. He slowly ripped it open, eyes immediately growing big.

"H-how?" He was at a loss for words.

"I know the game isn't supposed to come out for another year, but I have connections and someone gave me one of the prototypes. They actually want you to test it out and let them know what you think, and if you notice any glitches." I looked down at Street Fighter V, a game series I knew he liked. Good thing Mattie's best friend was on the team that worked on the series.

"Is this for real?" He hissed out, eyes still wide, not believing what he was holding in his hands.

"Yes Kaden, it's real." I smirked. I was getting a real kick out of this. For once the man with so many comebacks had nothing to say. Finally he looked away from the game, chucking it onto the bed next ti him as he pecked my lips numerous times.

"Thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you." He told me between kisses. I grinned against his lips.

"Come on, I know you want to play it." I hinted. He pulled back and grabbed the game, running over to his PS4 by the TV.