Chapter 16

If you would like to receive updates about when I'm going to post, follow me! I post them to my message board.

The light hitting my eyes made me groan. It was preventing me from getting some very much needed sleep.

I felt Kade chuckle next to me, and then he began to stroke my cheek.

"Morning Mer." I kept my eyes closed, enjoying the feeling of his hand against my skin.

"What time is it?"

"Noon."

"What time is your fight?"

"5."

"Oh." I finally opened my eyes and looked over at him, and was surprised as I noticed that I was totally naked. A blush rose to my cheeks as I remembered last night.

"You're beautiful when you blush." He muttered. I decided to ignore him.

"That was the best Valentine's gift ever." He added. I froze.

"Wait, yesterday was Valentine's day?" I had completely forgotten. I felt my eyes widen.

"Yeah, it was."

"I'm the worst girlfriend ever, I'm so sorry! I forgot! I should have-"

"Mer you already gave me the best gift of all-- you." He cut me off. I sighed as I slung my arm around his waist.

"Right. I could have done something else, though." I sighed. Kade leaned forward and pulled me into a deep kiss. I really wanted a repeat of last night, but I knew that we couldn't, or else we'd never stop, and he had a fight today.

"We need to stop." I whispered. His chest rumbled beneath me.

"We need to get there early so you can warm up." I reminded him.

"I don't need a warm up. You've given me all the motivation I'd ever need." My eyes flew open, and I was greeted with his signature smirk.

"Oh my goodness. No. We're getting up right now. I won't have someone injuring your face because you didn't warm up. I own that face." It was my turn to smirk, as his eyes widened with shock.

"Daring, Mer. I like it." I giggled and pulled myself out of his arms, flying to my closet before he could catch me. I needed some clothes that would represent Kade well. The thought made me laugh. Of course my leather pants would represent Kade's image, that's the kind of guy he was. So I settled on my black leather pants, and a a white shirt under a black cardigan, which I left open. I was dressed in less than three minutes.

When I came out Kade was still in bed.

"Kaaaaaade! Get up!" He groaned back at me.

"Come on. I need you in top form today." I egged. He groaned again.

"I'll make you breakfast if you get up." I coerced. Finally he sat up.

"Okay fine, I'll get up." He jumped out of bed and headed to his own closet.

"Do you want anything specific?"

"Surprise me." He grinned, and walked into his closet. I walked toward the kitchen, already knowing what I wanted to make him. He needed some eggs and sausage in his system-- protein was his friend today.

"Smells good." He commented a few minutes later as he entered the kitchen. I grinned up at him.

"I know you like your sausage." He nodded greedily, taking some of the scrambled eggs I had already cooked. Once he had wolfed down his food and I had eaten some eggs (I wasn't a fan of sausage), we got ready to leave.