Mind and Might (A Quirkless H...

By Hexcss

Not everyone is created equal, that is a fact, but in a world of superheroes and villains, were 80% of the po... More

The Beginning
Consequences
Start
My own path
The Inventor
Change
UA
USJ
Aftermath
Prepare
What I am capable of
The Show
What I want to do
Opportunity
My chance
Battle of Ideals
Dawn in Hosu
Changes
Expo
Art of Battle
Learning
Training
The Exam
Fateful Meeting
Conversing
I-Island
I-Aftermath
Into the training camp!
Training, Training, Training.
Camp attack
Confusion
The Decision
Dawn
The Next Step
License
Progress
Understanding
Next Level
Into Darker Days
Strings
Prepare
Raid
Forgiveness
Pulling Strings
Two Sides Of The Same Coin
Rebuild
Quirkless
Special Forces
Eri
Festival Preparations
Gentle Criminal
The Festival
Time Sure Flies By...
Value These Moments
How It All Starts To Fall Apart...
This Was Just The Beginning...
Saint Peter Has Called A Name
A Broken Link
Phase 3
Real Monster

Relief

5.4K 142 90
By Hexcss

Izuku and Jitsuna arrived at the training camp proper shortly after Aizawa and the Pussycats. Jitsuna stepped out of the car and opened the door for Izuku.

Izuku: Thanks, you can stay here if you want.
Jitsuna: Thanks, but I would to help around here.
Izuku: Really?
Jitsuna: Its better than just sitting in that car, at least in this way I will be doing something useful.
Izuku: Very well then.

Izuku and Jitsuna approached Aizawa and the pussycats.

Izuku: So, what do you want us to do?
Aizawa: You will help too?
Jitsuna: Sure, why wouldnt I?
Aizawa: Lets take out their stuff and leave it here, at least we can help them with that.
Izuku: And here I thought you didnt care about them at all.
Aizawa: Dont mistake my harshness for apathy, I do care about them, that is why I dont really pamper them because the world isnt going to do it either. In this case this training is probably going to leave them at the brink of exhaustion, a little help just this once wont to them harm.
Izuku: Fair enough.

Izuku, Aizawa and Jitsuna began to take out the students' stuff and placed them on the nearby tables while Mandalay and Pixie Bob began to prepare everything for when they eventually arrive. As Izuku was unloading things he accidentally grabbed too many things and as he carried them he was unable to look where he was going. Izuku then bumped into something and he dropped a few of the bags.

Kota: Look where you are going.
Izuku: I'm sorry.

Kota then began to walk away.

Kota: Whatever, I dont expect much from someone who is trying to become a hero.
Izuku: Why do you assume I am trying to become a hero?
Kota: Huh?
Izuku: I said what makes you think I am trying to become a hero?
Kota: ....
Izuku: Nothing right? You shouldnt just assume things you know?
Kota: So you are not trying to become a hero?
Izuku: No, Im not even wearing an uniform, this is just a normal jacket. As a matter of fact I dont even have a quirk.
Kota: You dont? .... Then what are you doing here?
Izuku: I'm just a helper. So, what do you say if we start over? I'm Izuku Midoriya, and you?
Kota: ....I'm Kota.

Izuku stretched his hand for Kota t shake.

Izuku: A pleasure to meet you Kota.

Kota althought still reluctant he shook Izuku's hand but felt something weird. He then looked at Izuku's hand and saw it was metalic.

Kota: I-Is that a metal hand?

Izuku then retracted his hand and raised up his sleeve.

Izuku: It is.
Kota: B-but why do you have it?
Izuku: I had an... Accident long time ago.
Kota: You said you were a helper right? What do you do to help?
Izuku: Oh, well, you see I do study at UA but I am in the support course, in other words I have to build gadgets and weapons and many other things.
Kota: Really? So you can build anything?
Izuku: Mostly. Do you want me to show you somethings I have built?

Kota nodded.

Izuku: Come with me then, oh, but first you mind helping me with this bags?

Time skip.

Izuku and Kota were sitting on a table and Izuku had taken out his newest invention which was the holopad. The holopad was projecting images of many of Izuku's projects along with descriptions. All of this had seemed to really got Kota's attention as he paid close attention to what Izuku was saying.

Izuku: That is most of the things I have done really.
Kota: They are so cool. If you could build that then you must be really cool too.
Izuku: You think? You could probably also build something like this when you grow up if you put effort into it.
Kota: You really think so?
Izuku: I do.

Kota looked at Izuku with some shine in his eyes but he then lowered his head and looked away.

Kota: I'm sorry.
Izuku: What?
Kota: I'm sorry for being rude to you earlier.

Izuku then placed his hand on Kota's shoulder to grab his attention.

Izuku: Dont sweat it its okay, but why do you not like hero, even though you seemed to be living with them.
Kota: Mandalay is my aunt, I have no choice.
Izuku: And your parents?

There was a moment of silence.

Kota: They were the Waterhose.

Izuku widened his eyes for a moment put he then put his hand on Kota's shoulder in a conforting matter.

Izuku: I'm sorry for your loss.

Izuku then thought for a moment.

Izuku: I'm guessing this is the reason of your hatred towards heroes.... You feel like they abandoned you, right?
Kota: H-how did you....
Izuku: I just have to give it a little thought. The Waterhose were great heroes.
Kota: B-but... T-they knew the danger... A-and they continued to be heroes.... T-they didnt care about me....
Izuku: I dont think thats true, I beleive they were actually heroes because of you.
Kota: M-me?
Izuku: Yes, you. Kota, there are a lot of bad people out there, a lot. Some of them, we know quite well... Others are still unknown, but if the good people dont stand up to them, then those bad people will be able to do whatever they want. It doesnt matter if we are heroes or not, we should help. Your parents decided to stand up to those bad people so you could grow in a world where you wouldnt have to worry about them. They wanted you to live in a better world, they were ready to give up anything to do this, to keep you safe, they were ready to give up their lives, and sadly in the end they did, but I'm sure they at least died knowing they contributed to make this world, the world you will grow up in, into a better world. So, dont let their sacrifice be in vain, they wanted you to grow happy and safe, so you should do it.

Kota at that moment couldnt utter any worda so he just cried. Izuku hugged him in a recomforting matter. They stayed like that for a moment until Kota calmed down. They then separated.

Izuku: It will be hard to move on from your past.... I know it... So dont rush it... But keep in mind that in order to move forwards, you need to stop looking backwards, okay?
Kota: Okay... But... How can I start?
Izuku: Lets see.... Why dont you try to interact with the students a bit when they come?
Kota: I-I'm not sure.
Izuku: It will be fine, I can even help you.
Kota: Really?
Izuku: Really.

Time skip.

In the afternoon.

The pro heroes stood infront of the camp along with Izuku and Jitsuna. The students of 1A had finally started to arrive at the camp. They were all bruised, sweating and tired.

Kirishima: That was impossible to finish before 12!
Mandalay: Sorry, we based it on how much time it would have taken us.

The entire class groaned.

Aizawa: Now then, bring your things to your room and then go to the cafeteria to eat, you will then go to the bathtubs. The real training starts tomorrow.

The students then began to walk into the building. Izuku and Jistuna stood to the side. As Izumi passed by Izuku called her out.

Izuku: Izumi.

Izumi turned to him.

Izumi: Yes?
Izuku: Good job.

Izumi stood there for a moment before giving him a small smile.

Izumi: It was all thanks to you.

Izuku then began to walk inside.

Izuku: I merely showed you, it was you who were able to apply it.

Izuku then walked away.

Time skip.

In the cafeteria.

The students of 1A where sitting down in the tables while the pussycats, Izuku and Jitsuna served them food. Kota stood to the side. When Izuku finished serving food he approached Kota and he put his hand on his back.

Izuku: Come.
Kota: R-right.

Izuku then approached the table were Izumi and Shota were.

Izuku: Hey.

Izumi and Shota then turned to Izuku.

Izuku: Mind if we sit here?
Izumi/Shota: Not at all.

Izumi and Shota were then able to make a space in between them for Izuku and Kota to sit in and they sat down, Izuku next to Shota while Kota next to Izumi.

Izumi: Oh, and who are you?
Kota: I-I'm Izumi Kota.
Izumi: Really?! We have the same name then! That's so cool! What is your quirk?
Kota: W-water manipulation.
Izumi: Thats cool! And its also similar to mine.
Kota: What is your quirk?
Izumi: Energy manipulation, looks like we have quite some similarities!

Izuku watched as Izumi interacted with Kota. He also observed as the other girls also talked with him. It was no accident that Izuku decided to sit where the girls were. He knew most of the girls have a soft spot for little kids, so Izuku figured he could use this to his advantage since they would certainly give a very good first impression to Kota. Izuku then turned to Shota who had almost finished eating the food they had previously served.

Izuku: You seemed to really like thd food.
Shota: Yeah, its really tasty, really well made! Tell me, did you make these?
Izuku: Actually, I did.
Shota: Wait, really?!
Izuku: Really.
Shota: I'm seriously starting to question if there is anything you cant do.

Time skip.

In the night.

Shota stepped out of the bathtubs with her bathrobe. She then decided to go outside for a moment to take fresh air and also for her hair to dry faster. She opened the door to a small porch that led to a garden and she was surprised to see Izuku sitting there. When Izuku heard the door opened he turned around and they both made eye contact for a few seconfs before they both turned their head away to hide their blush.

Shota: S-Sorry, I-I didnt knew you were here.
Izuku: D-dont worry.

Shota contemplated leaving, but she was curious about what Izuku was doing alone, outside, in the middle of the night.

Shota: D-do you mind if I sit.
Izuku: G-go ahead.

Shota then sat down and placed her hand on the floor but she didnt realize Izuku's hand was also there. Shota got surprised but she didnt move her hand and neither did he.

Shota: Why are you out here, alone?
Izuku: I sometimes like to just reflect you know.... Think about.... Anything really.... Trying to....
Shota: Trying to?....
Izuku: Trying to move on..... From my past.....
Shota: Oh....

Shota looked away from Izuku at that moment. Izuku noticed it and turned to her.

Izuku: Whats wrong?
Shota: S-sorry... I cant look at you in the eyes.... Knowing what I have done... Or rather... Didnt do.... I just.... Feel awful knowing what you had to go through.... Because of me... I just.... I just cant look at you knowing this....

Shota then felt Izuku's metal hand on her chin and how Izuku turned her head for Shots to look at him but she moved her sight from him.

Izuku: Sorry...
Shota: You dont have to feel sorry.... I'm not the victim....
Izuku: But you are a victime.... Shoto told me about it.

At that moment Shota's eyes widened and she looked at Izuku.

Izuku: You were afraid... Right?
Shota: I just.... Didnt know what would happen.... Things had just recently started to get worse..... I was afraid of what would happen if I interfered..... I just.... Didnt want.... Things.... To happen in both places.... School was my only safe space.... I was afraid to ruin it.... But maybe if I would have done something.... I didnt want you to suffer too because I knew how it felt.... Maybe I could have talked to them or-
Izuku: It is of no use constantly thinking in the what ifs... You will just hurt yourself like that.... Although I am a hypocrite... I also constantly think how my life could have been... But I know I have to move on eventually.... It serves me no purpose in just looking at the bad things.... We shared good moments when we were little, many of which I still actually remember....
Shota: You do?
Izuku: Indeed.... I.... I constantly thought about them.... And I constantly thought about being friends once more.... So... Now that we can be friends again.... I dont want the shadows of our past to ruin the present.... I want to live without having to worry about some event that already happened and cant be change.... I am still not sure about the rest... But.... You were the first one to show me kindness from them... In a way... You have helped break from my shell.... You showed me affection too... That is why I want to put our past behind us.... I want to live in the present and enjoy it.... So... Do you agree?
Shota: I also want to be able to enjoy the present... So I agree.... Lets put it behind us and focus on what is now....
Izuku: I'm glad you agree with me...

Izuku and Shots then both remained in silent, they just stared at the dark sky brightened by the light of distant stars. Izuku felt inside of him as a weight was lifted.... A small sense of relief in the mountain of pressure that crushed his heart. Shota felt the same, finally.... That boulder of guilt that had bothered her for almost her entire life could be lifted up.

Shota then, although hesitant at first, she rested her head on Izuku's shoulder. She was still a bit afraid as she was worried he could get mad since her hair was still somewhat wet, but much to her surprise, Izuku didnt care and he actually rested his head on top of hers, a surprise to be sure, but a welcomed one.

They both stared at the sky without saying a word, both were just feeling the moment, as a massive weight was lifted off their shoulders.

They stayed like that for a few minutes more, but the Izuku's wristwatch alarm went off. Izuku lifted his head and Shota did the same.

Izuku: I think its time we should go to sleep. Tomorrow starts the real training after all.
Shota: Of course it does, have mercy on us please.
Izuku: Go tell that to Aizawa.
Shota: No thanks, I think I'm fine then.

They both shared a small laugh and they stood up.

Izuku: Good night.
Shota: Good night to you too.

Shota took the opportunity and kissed Izuku on the cheek and then turned and walked away as fast as possible to hide her red face.

Meanwhile Izuku stood there dumbfounded for a moment before a small smile crossed his face and he walked to his room...

The next day...

The class 1A students stood infront of Aizawa, The Pussycats, Izuku and Jitsuna.

Aizawa: The real training starts... Now...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.4K 99 16
In the world Izuku lived in, having super powers were totally natural. These super powers were also known as 'quirks'. Being born as one of the few q...
541K 13.5K 19
This is the story of how you became a hero. You even became a hero to the pros. You don't start off as well as everyone else but you soon grow strong...
317K 5.5K 43
Fuyumi Todoroki, the oldest and only sister to Shoto Todoroki. Y/N Midoriya, the oldest son to Inko and Hisashi Midoriya. Along with that, he's also...
333 10 9
In a society with 80% of people possess a superhuman ability called a quirk. However, there are the 20% who don't possess a superhuman ability. To th...