Time Tells All (Book 4)

By kthaler

Fourth Book in Kidnapping Series!!! Kyle is in charge now, the whole book is about him and his struggles of m... More

Watching
Memories
Partners
Interesting
The Plan
Ireland
Catherine and Jim
Letter
Author's Note
Impossible
Really?
Bahamas
Alive
Proposition
Information
The Knock
Promise
Suspicious
Kidnapped
Bygones Be Bygones
Mistake
Punishment
Shocking
Her Story
Russell
Island
Bang
Payback
Death
Torture
Solitude
Clean Up
Free
Moving On
Heart Broken
Amanda's Story
Update

Epilogue

1.9K 71 28
By kthaler

PLEASE READ AUTHOR'S NOTE AT THE END!!! :D 

             It’s been nearly a week since I’d last talked with Robbins and Kelly. I was now back in Florida after finishing some things that I needed to do. I got a new ID along with fake passports and other necessities, just in case he would need to flee the country. I knew I was considered free, thanks to Robbins, but you can never be too careful. There were a few loose ends that I needed to take care of to ensure Kelly’s safety along with mine. There were still many of Kayden’s followers that I planned on hunting down and killing to make sure killing Kayden didn’t come back and bite me in the ass.

            I frowned, realizing all the killing I had done in the past and would have to do. I guess I did this to myself. I remembered the very day when I had done one of the worst possible things that I could think of. It was my very first kill on my own after my father had passed away. I had killed my step mom, but I didn’t count in my eyes, she had it coming and I was still young to be a real killer yet. I was seventeen at the time and was living in a stupid foster home until I became eighteen, since I couldn’t live by myself until then.      

            It was the middle of the night and I had snuck out of my foster home, wanting to explore the new town I was living in. My foster parents were really heavy sleepers so sneaking out was fairly easy. I didn’t see why I had to stay in one, in a few months I’d be eighteen and would be able to live on my own. There was a knife and gun inside of my book bag that I always carried around with me. I’d learned to always carry protection with me seeing as my step mother beat me and that’s why I killed her. There was a strong urge for me to carry the weapons.

            As I was wondered over a few neighborhoods from mine, I noticed a girl who looked about my age, sitting on her porch reading a book, enjoying the nice evening, though it was nearly eleven o’clock at night. Something inside of my turned and all I wanted was to see her in pain. I wasn’t sure why I wanted this; she looked like a decent person, who hadn’t done anything to me before. There was built up anger inside of me that I wasn’t sure what to do with it. Then the memories of killing my step mom and blaming it on my step brother filled my head and a sinister smirk appeared on my face.

            I walked over to the girl whose green eyes stared into mine when I approached the porch. She had shoulder length brown hair and was naturally stunning in my opinion. Before I did anything Amanda appeared in my memory. She would hate me right now if she knew what I was going to do. I planned on seeing her tomorrow, if I didn’t end up in jail for what I was about to do.

            “Can I help you?” She asked, looking at me, the porch light shining in my eyes.

            “Yeah, my phone died, is there any way I can use your phone?” I asked, lying right through my teeth.

            “Sure, come inside. I’ll get the phone for you.” She spoke, not even concerned about who I was or what I could do to her.

            I stepped inside her home, instantly rethinking what I was going to do. Should I do this? My mind was torn. Part of me didn’t want to hurt this girl, seeing as she was kind and helpful. But then there was the side that craved to see her blood, to hear her scream and plead for me not to kill her. I was mentally fighting with myself when the girl handed me the phone.

            I thanked her and set my bag down telling her I had wrote down my mom’s work number and it was in the bag. What the girl wasn’t expecting was for me to pull out my gun, aiming it at her head. Her eyes widened and that’s when I knew I’d made the right choice. I wanted to see the fear in her eyes. I turned and locked the front door, stilling aiming my gun at her. I slowly grabbed gloves out of my bag and placed them on. I knew this day would come, I could feel the anger towards people building up. I needed to be prepared so that’s why I had weapons and gloves to cover my tracks. She slowly backed away, asking me what I wanted. I smirked when she asked this as my response was simple.

            “I want to see you bleed.” I laughed, humorously.

            She let out a scream, causing me to lung forward and hit her with the butt of my gun, causing her to trip and fall to the ground, her head starting to bleed. I heard footsteps rush down the stairs, and that’s when I saw the girl’s parents, or at least I assumed that’s who they were.

            “Help.” The girl cried to her parents, as she scooted away from me, but not too far, knowing I’d stop her if she did.

            My gun had a silencer on it, so I simply aimed my gun and with two shots, I hit them both in the chest, causing them to tumble down the stairs, a puddle of blood forming underneath them. I guess the shooting range my father always took me took worked after all. The girl started to sob loudly, staring in horror at her parents’ corpses. The sweet smell of blood lingered in the air. I knelt down in front of the girl, cocking my head as I stared into her teary eyes.

            “What’s your name?” I asked, sweetly.

            “M-megan. Pl-please don’t hurt me.” She shuttered out, tears rolling down her cheeks, as she scooted away even more.

            “See I wish I could tell you that I’d won’t, but that would be a lie. I don’t think you want me lying to you, now would you?” I asked, causing her to become silent.

            I grabbed my knife from my bag and slowly ran it across her arm. When she tried to run away from me, I grabbed her and threw her back to the ground, causing her to cry out in pain. I overpowered her and loved that feeling. I covered her mouth with my hand and with my other hand, I delicately sliced into her pale, white skin, leaving a trail of blood, staining her skin.

            After an hour of playing with her, and testing out my new skills and hobby, I decided to finally finish her off, shooting her in the head. I smiled at the murder I’d committed but I wasn’t stupid enough to get caught, not when I realized how much fun this was. I gathered the three bodies and placed them in the middle of the living room. I went into the garage and found the gasoline.

             I poured it on the bodies and lead it out of the house, where I stood with a lighter. I threw it down, watching as it caught fire and burned into the house, I quickly ran away, hiding across the street. The house exploded, causing a lot of people to come out of their houses, but I was halfway down the street before anyone saw me. And I never got caught for their murder. It went unsolved.

            Today, I knew I made the wrong choice and should have just pretended to call someone when she gave me the phone. Maybe then, I wouldn’t have turned out this way and could have been a great police officer and found a great girl to start my life with. Sadly, that’s not what happened. I became a criminal instead, who lusted the idea of killing. I had murdered an innocent family for no apparent reason. If that girl hadn’t been sitting outside that day, who knows what would have happened to me or her for that matter. That’s the memory that eats away at me the most, because that what caused the monster I became.

            I pushed away that memory, because I was heading to Robbins house to talk with Kelly one last time before I was leaving for good, never bothering her again. Even though it would kill me to leave her, I knew that was what was best for her. I just wanted her to be happy and I knew she wouldn’t be happy with me. If only I’d figured that out before I had kidnapped her and ruined her life.

            I approached Robbins’ front door knocking three times. I waited as Robbins opened the door giving me a kind smile. I gave her a piece of paper and told her these were several ways to contact me if she ever needed too because after today I wouldn’t be showing up unless I was asked or needed. Robbins called for Kelly and she walked down stairs.

            She nearly took my breath away. She was wearing a beautiful blue sundress that made her eyes pop out and her hair laid perfectly on her head, not a strain out of place. She gave me one of her sweet smiles that I love and walked into the living room with me. I asked to speak with Kelly in private and so Robbins left the room, but I knew she was standing around the corner listening, though I didn’t care.

            “So I wanted to come and say a few things that should have been said a long time ago.” I spoke, as we both sat on the couch, facing each other.

            “I’m sorry I ruined your life. I know I shouldn’t make excuses but I didn’t have the best life growing up and without parents, it was harder. When I first saw you, I knew I was in love. You were everything I needed in my life, someone who was loving, smart, beautiful, and passionate.” I said, noticing a hint of blush on her cheeks from what I said.

            “I thought Amanda was dead at the time, so I’d already lost the woman I loved and who reminded me so much of you. If you really got to know her, you should laugh at how similar the two of you are.” I smiled, realizing how much I missed Amanda and how hard it would be to leave Kelly. 

            “I’m a monster, who selfishly took you away from your life and into my murderous world. You didn’t deserve any of this. I never wanted to hurt you, never in a million years.” I stopped, holding back tears that were forming.

            “When I kidnapped you, and killed so many of the people you loved, I was being selfish. I wanted you to myself and no one could take you away from me. I was stupid and you should hate me. I would prefer you hate me, because I hate myself.” I frowned, and that’s when I felt wetness on my cheeks. I looked into Kelly’s beautiful, blue eyes to see they were filled with tears as well.

            “I don’t hate you, I’ve tried, but I can’t.” She spoke softly.

            “I’m sorry about your parents, especially your father. I was never his friend; I just wanted to get closer to you. I killed him because I didn’t care and I only wanted you and I knew he’d stop me. He was a good man though, way better than myself. I’ve learned over the years that what I did was wrong and I will punish myself every day for what I’ve done. Now, I don’t want you to pity me; that’s the last thing I want. I do want you to understand how sorry I am for everything and I hope one day you can forgive me even if it’s just a tiny bit.” I pleaded, not making eye contact with her.

            “You saved me though, you aren’t a terrible person, and if you were then I would hate you. I wouldn’t be here talking with you. You’d be in jail right now, but you aren’t. I know deep down you had good intensions. You were lonely and hurt. I can’t imagine being abused and having a rough childhood with parents who were terrible. I’m not making excuses, I loathed you for a long period of time, but I understand where you were coming from.” She said, wiping away her tears.

            “It’s just I miss them, my parents and friends, even Dole. There has been so much death, that I don’t know how I am handling it all.” She sobbed, burying her face into her hands as she cried.

            I made a risky move by scooting closer to her and wrapping my arms around her, holding close to me as she cried. I tried my best to comfort and calm her down, but I remembered it was my fault she was crying and that her loved ones are dead. As I’ve always said before, she never stops surprising me because she actually cuddled up into my chest and buried her face into my chest.

            “Kelly, I love you more than anything in my life and I know you will never feel that way about me and that’s completely fine. I want to make you a promise though, I will never hurt you again and if I do, I’ll go and turn myself into the police myself, that’s how serious of a promise this is. I love you to much to put you though any more pain than I’ve already caused.” I said, and I meant every word of it.

            “Once we’re done talking I’m going to leave for good. I’m going to let you have a normal life for once and since Kayden is out of the picture, you shouldn’t have any problems. I’ll always be here to protect you though, even when you don’t expect it and that’s another promise I plan on keeping.” I added, as she pulled away, staring me in the eyes, knowing I was serious about everything I was saying.

            “God, you know how bad I’ve want to hate you over the years. I’ve been kidnapped four damn times,” she paused letting out a chuckle. “I know you care for me and I think that’s why I can’t hate you. Deep down, I care for you too. I’ll miss the great times we shared before all this happened. What are you going to do when you leave?”

            “I haven’t decided on that yet. There’s some loose ends I need to deal with and probably try to have a life myself, if that’s possible.” I replied, not believing I could ever be considered normal.

            “I believe it’s possible. You could find someone who loves you and that you love and don’t have to kidnap. You would have to tell her everything you’ve done though, or it won’t work and if she’s the right one for you, she’ll understand and overlook it, knowing you won’t ever hurt her.” She encouraged.

            When I looked into her glassy eyes, I saw her innocence and how beautiful of a person she was. After everything I’ve done to hurt her and make her life a living hell, she’s the one encouraging me to have a life and believes in me. She was one of those rare few people who could truly change your life, even if you didn’t see it happening.

            “Well, I’ve said what I need to. I gave Robbins a card to contact me if you ever need to, and don’t ever hesitate if you need help. I’ll be here in a blink of an eye.” I said, smiling down at her.

            I stood up, and she followed me towards the door. Robbins followed the two of us. My insides were turning at the thought of leaving her. The last couple years I’ve been close with her, even if she hated me at times and when I’d mad her cry, I still felt a connection with her. And when I saved her from Kayden, I couldn’t have been any happier.

            “So I guess this is goodbye.” I said, giving her a fake smile, since it was killing me to have to say bye to her.

            She nodded, not speaking, but I could the tears lingering in her eyes. I turned and walked out the door, I was slightly hurt that she didn’t say goodbye to me. I started to walk on the sidewalk when I heard her sweet voice call out.

            “Kyle, wait.” She paused, as she rushed over to me and wrapped her arms around me pulling me into a tight embrace.  

            “I do love you, just not the way you want me to.” She whispered, as she leaned over and kissed me on my cheek, causing me to break down crying. Tears cascaded down my cheeks as I stared down at her. Tears also stained her cheeks as she cried silently.

            “Goodbye, Kelly. I love you so much.” I managed to get out.

            I heard her say her goodbye and that’s all I needed to force myself to turn away and walk away from the house. I wiped my tears away, taking several deep breaths. I refused to turn around because if I did, then I’d never be able to leave her. Who knew that the victim after all these years would end up changing the criminal? Kelly Hunter truly changed my life and I would never forget her.

AUTHORS NOTE, PLEASE READ!!! :D

It's finally over!!!! I still can't believe I’ve finished four whole books for this series, it's crazy to think about. What did you think about the ending? I’ll admit I got teary eyes as I wrote this haha. This was probably my favorite chapter of this book because all of Kyle’s feeling come out and he says sorry for all he’s done.

 Kyle’s really changed from the first book, hasn’t he? So has Kelly in my opinion. Please comment what you thought about this chapter and how the end of the book was!!!! I want to hear what you all think and have to say.

Alright, so here's the secret about this series that I’ve had. I've decided to write a story based on Amanda's life, seeing as she has had a rough life like Kelly. I'm not sure when i will start writing but i will post an update on here when i figure it out. Please comment if you have any title idea for this story or you can message me. The book is going to start from when she is taken from her home and up until she dies by Kayden.

Over the next week or so check this story for updates because hopefully i'll decide soon when i will start writing Amanda's story.

And I want to thank everyone once again for all the wonderful support you’ve given for all my books, it means the world to me and helps me write better. You’re read, votes and comments are the best and I couldn’t be any happier. Until the next update with the other book, have a wonderful day and I love all of you!!! You all are dedicated to this last chapter!!!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7K 507 26
This is the fourth book of the Locatlie series. The Locatlie series is a story about a young girl named Julia, who is taken at a very young age by th...
Annular By Alex Rezdan

Science Fiction

145 14 14
After Kyle's wife, Elizabeth, passes away, he finds out about a revolutionary new procedure that claims to track and control reincarnation. As he str...
3K 102 12
A one-shot book filled with different stories about Kidnapping, brother moments and more, read to find out what else awaits you.
8.6K 616 26
After Julia gets taken by a gang, her husbands must do everything in their power to get her back. Once they discover what has happened, they must dea...