Now That You Are Here

By DustyBooks16

COMPLETED! Reign Henderson, the loner girl. Thanks to bullying and rumors. After heartbreak and being deemed... More

Characters/Playlist/Author's Note
Ice Cream
Utterly Fucking Clueless
Take A Freaking Hint
A Stupid Rumor
Deep Purple Circles
Noah Henderson
Less of a Hassle
English Lit 206
Sweet Girl
Total Chick Magnet
I Hate The Patriots
Rage Consumes Me
Yes, I Feel Represented
My Kind Of Party
Ten Things, Kitten
Faint Like Anastasia Steele
Winked At You
Emotional Support
Without You
Look At That Ass
Traditional Track
Climb The Damn Tree
He Called Me Reign
Suffocating Me
Mama Is Hungry
My Many Flaws
Julia
Adorable Little Kitten
Wrong Kind Of Distraction
Talent Of Yours
I Love Marshmallows
Cinnamon
Three Waffles
Feel the Same Pleasure
Humming Tenderly
You Did Steal Me
Walking Aimlessly
Hate That I Love Them
Let Me Distract You
That's My Brother
Into A Hole
That Was Descriptive
Scratch Marks
Out Of Everyone's League
Too Many Sins?
Shut Up and Smile, Mother!
They Are Villians
Leave Those Fears Behind
No, I Can't
Twinkle In Her Eyes
She Has A Key
All A Dare
Asshole of a Nurse
Terribly Toxic, Tough Figures
I Lied To You
Bewitching
Upfront With You
Merry Christmas
I'll Hurt Her
Mine To Protect
Deep Breaths
Threaten My Man
Exposition Park Rose Garden
Your Water Broke

Why?

221 16 9
By DustyBooks16

Reign P.O.V.

"How are you doing, sweet girl?"

I relax deeper in Brixton's warm embrace.

"I'm fine. Tired. But my parents-"

Brixton shakes his head, placing a kiss in my hair.

"We aren't going to talk about that right now. Is that okay?"

"Yeah. It's why I'm here in the first place. I just-I wanted them to say something way different."

Danny nods his head, placing a kiss on my forehead.

"Well, you two look good here. I've got to go back to work. I left Dominco in charge. I think you both can handle it. Unless you want me here."

"No, no. Go back to work. You showed, that's all that matters to me. I'm sorry about work. I'll be there tonight."

"No. You're not. Brixton's gonna take care of you, and you can come to work in two days."

"It's fine. I have bills to pay, and this has happened before."

"I don't care. You need to recuperate, and I'll pay you."

"No, I couldn't. At least let these be sick days."

"No, Reign. Not up for a debate. Get rest, and call grandpop."

Danny gathers his things and says goodbye to both Brixton and me. The two of us stay silent, huddling in each other's arms. I turn my body, so I'm facing Brixton. He runs a finger over my face, and over the freckles splashed across my nose. He places a kiss on my forehead, tucking me into his embrace. I take a deep breath of his cinnamon scent and close my eyes. He runs his fingers through my hair, calming me even more than I already am.

"How did you find me?"

"By asking a few people."

"Did I look weird passed out? Was I on the floor?"

"No, you were in a chair. And what do you mean weird?"

"Did I look dead?"

"Don't even talk about that."

"Were you scared I was dead?"

"I checked your pulse and breathing, so I knew you weren't dead."

"What was your first thought when you saw me passed out in a chair in the back of the library?"

"Shit."

I giggle, wrapping my arms around Brixton's waist. He kisses the top of my head, his fingers skimming my spine. I shiver at his touch and lean my head up to place a kiss on his lips. They hit my lips delicately, tugging me deeper into him. His tongue carasses mine, and I run my hands up through his hair. I'm so glad I don't have an IV or I wouldn't be able to do this. Brixton and I pull away from one another, breathless.

"I was scared."

His voice comes out husky.

"Scared of what?"

"I don't know, but I thought you really got hurt. I kind of freaked out."

"If you freaking out is using resources to find me, you should be a police officer or detective or something. Most people freaking out have a panic attack or hyperventilating or something. I wouldn't say you freaked out. And thank you."

"For what?"

"Finding me. Caring enough to come for me."

"Of course, kitten. You're my girl. I'm in love with you."

I stare at him in surprise. He's in love with me? I'm in love with him too, but I have a reason. How could he possibly be in love with a girl like me? I'm nothing special.

"Why?"

His eyes widen in bewilderment.

"Are you asking me why?"

"I have so many flaws and things wrong with me. How can you possibly love me? People usually say I'm too much."

"You cannot be possibly too much for me because I can't get enough of you. What's not to love? Everything about you is beautiful and enticing and amazing. You are my light. My everything. I love you so much. I'm so in love with you. Why? What a dumb question. I'm in love with you because of everything. Every little about you. Flaws and all."

"I don't understand."

"Love isn't something to understand. You don't have to say it back. I'll love you either way."

Of course I'm going to say it back. I think the same things about him, though he has no flaws at all. Besides maybe a little bit of a coward sometimes. Of course I love Brixton.

"I love you too. I'm in love with you too."

Brixton presses his lips against mine, his hand resting gently on the side of my face. I whimper softly as his lips run down my neck, moving over my collarbone. I hear footsteps behind me, and I pull away (reluctantly) from Brixton.

"Ms. Henderson?"

I clear my throat, feeling like I'm being caught stealing.

"Yes?"

"You are being discharged if you feel ready to go."

"I'm great. I have a babysitter already."

"It seems so."

Brixton chuckles as I blush and try to hide my embarrassment. The doctor smiles at the both of us, and I shake my head.

"I'm sorry you had to see us making out."

"That is not the worst thing I've seen, so don't worry about it. I have your discharge papers here, and our discharge planner, Theresa, should be here any minute to give you a quick rundown of how to recover."

"Okay. Thank you so much. I have one question."

"Yes?"

"How dead did I look?"

Brixton groans, burying his head into my neck.

"What? I wanna know."

"Ms. Henderson, you looked halfway dead."

"Damn. Was my pulse faint and all that?"

"It was, yes. But you recovered quickly."

"Thank you. That's all I wanted to know. Have a great rest of your day, Dr. Jixon."

"You as well."

The doctor exits the room, leaving me with an annoyed Brixton.

"You had to ask that question."

"Well, I wanted to know. I think it's important."

"You know what I think is important."

"Hmm?"

"You calling your grandfather before Theresa gets in here. Here's your phone."

Brixton hands it to me, his moving closer to me after we jumped apart from the doctor. His right leg tangles through mine. He tucks his head into my chest, wrapping his arms around my waist. I run my hands through his hair. I wonder why he's so clingy right now. Brixton's always been clingy, but now it's overboard. He really must have been scared. Jesus. That makes me sad. I dial my grandpop's number.

"Sweet girl! Are you okay? I'm sorry I can't be there. Can I do anything for you?"

"I'm perfectly fine. I just need rest. I know you can't be here, but that's for your health. I wouldn't want you to risk it. Answering my call is all I need from you."

"I'm gonna send you a gift package with chocolates and whatever else. Gift Cards."

"You really don't need to. I'm perfectly fine without it."

Brixton snuggles deeper into me.

"I know you are, sweet girl, but I feel horrible I can't be there."

"That's because you'll get sick if you do. I would rather me be in the hospital than you. I have a boyfriend now. He's here with me. Danny's here. I have friends. I'll be okay."

"Do your parents know?"

"I don't really want to talk to them. At all. Ever again."

"What did they say?"

"Oh, boy. Just a bunch of stuff about them not wanting me to be their daughter. The whole mistake thing."

"I'm sorry, sweet girl."

"You have nothing to be sorry for. It's all them, but I'm gonna be alright. It'll all work out."

I hope you get better soon. We'll talk later."

"Of course, grandpop. I'll talk to you soon."

"Bye, sweet girl. Love you."

"Love you too."

Grandpop hangs up the phone, and Brixton instantly reaches up to kiss my lips. I smile against them.

"You two need to separate. We have some medical things to discuss."

"We have got to stop getting caught."

Brixton pulls away and unfortunately has to climb out of the hospital bed so I can concentrate on Theresa. 

1 Day Later

"Kitten, we can't. No stress."

"Sexual acts don't equal stress."

"I know but you got hurt."

"You have been babying me for the past twenty-four hours. The least you can do is eat me out."

Brixton shakes his head at me, returning to the pasta in front of him. I groan in frustration.

"Do you not like me in that way?"

"Of course I like you that way. I love doing those things with you."

"Show me how much you love them."

He chuckles sarcastically as he figures out what I was trying to do. When Brixton tells me no again, I stand up out of my seat at the table and walk out onto the small patio. I lean myself against the railing and look out across the buildings that light up the streets. I rub my forehead as I take deep breaths. I'm a woman with needs. 

Those needs should be met by the guy I'm in love with, right? Why doesn't he want to do those things with me? Am I bad at it? Does he not want that from me? I don't understand. Most guys want sex. Is he waiting till he's married or something? He won't talk to me about it. I've been asking him since I got home from the hospital. 

"Kitten. I want to, but I don't want to hurt you."

"I'm not a virgin."

"I know. I just..."

"Why are you so nervous about it? I'm in love with you, Brixton! I love everything about you, including your body. You once told me that I have every right to feel sexual pleasure!"

"Why don't we talk about this inside?"

"You don't want your neighbors knowing that you won't have sex with me? Great. Just great. I got the most insecure boy on the block!"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

121K 4.3K 32
Aren't one sided crushes fun? NOT! 18 year old Melody Jenkins has spent the last 3 years of high school crushing on one guy, Jake Kensington, who see...
13.7K 660 22
Summer Brinkley is thrilled to be promoted to a job in California, where her best friend from college lives. She is sad to find out Dana won't be the...
106K 1.8K 24
Brielle Knight has just graduated from high school. It was the summer, she's working at a diner not too far from her house. Her life was average, but...
78.1K 1.6K 57
hi i am Addison Marie-grace hillside and I am 16 years old I have 3 older brothers named . . . logan brantley-Keith hillside he's 17 Noah- Jase-kyl...