Climb The Damn Tree

"I still want to meet Danny and climb a tree."

"I still want to climb a tree too."

"You don't want me to meet Danny?"

"The problem is that I think you two will get along."

"That's okay, kitten. We won't torture you too bad."

"You say that now, brown eyes."

Brixton smirks dangerously down at me, our awkwardness completely worn off. I watch as he confidently strides his way into the main garage, leaving me to get ready to go for our climbing a tree adventure. I shake my head as I already hear the two of them laughing with one another. I knew they would get along. That's going to be my personal hell. I peel the smock off me and straighten myself out, wiping the grease off my forehead, before making my way behind the counter to grab my car keys. When Brixton sees me, his mouth drops open.

"You look like a fucking queen. You are mesmerizing."

A deep blush falls over my cheeks, and Danny winks at me. He points at Brixton while nodding to show me that he approves. He has a girlfriend Danny. We almost kissed and he has a girlfriend. God, what is wrong with me? I shouldn't be doing that. Houston cheated on me, so I know how that feels. I shouldn't do that to another girl, no matter how much I dislike her. I hand Danny my keys.

"You can drop Maximo off at my apartment, but no detours and no hurting him."

"Who's Maximo?"

"She names her cars, Brix."

Danny's already calling him Brix. I rub my head in frustration.

"Best woman around."

"Yeah, so you better not hurt her."

I put my hands on the chests of the two men.

"Alright, you two. If you guys get in a fight, I won't talk to either of you for the rest of my life."

Brixton squeezes my hip delicately as to say, 'you know that's a lie'. I give them both a grimace, tugging Brixton behind me.

"Have fun, but be careful."

"We will, dad."

Danny chuckles, but I can tell that he likes me calling him that. He's been more of a dad to me than my biological dad. He's always been there to help and support me through my worst times. If he ever decides to become a dad of his own kids one day, he's going to be amazing at it. He'll be the best dad ever. I know it. Brixton opens his car, which is the Lamborghini today.

"Don't touch the handle."

"I can open a car door."

"My chivalry isn't going to die just because you want to prove you are independent. I know that, but I want to open your door. I can be a gentleman and still know that you are an independent queen."

"You are one in a million, brown eyes."

"You are too, kitten."

Brixton takes my hand as he walks around the car. He opens my car door, holding the small of my back while I lower myself into the car. I smile up at him to see Brixton smiling right back at me. Even if we don't get together in the way I seem to want to, though I'm completely confused, being Brixton's friend wouldn't be that bad of a thing. 

Clearly I'm confused about everything because I keep reminding myself he has a girlfriend, but the next minute I'm about to jump his bones. He's a kind person in general. Yes, he has had his controversial moments, but who hasn't? I think he's a good guy (still). He let me out of a closet that his so-called 'friends' locked me in, was worrying about where I was, helped me move into my apartment, and we have a certain chemistry.