Total Chick Magnet

1975 Plymouth Gran Fury (Reign's car) on the top; Porsche 911 Turbo S (Brixton's car) on the bottom

"I will always be here for you, sweet girl. No matter what. You aren't alone in anything. If you ever need anything, just give me a call."

"I'm scared, Danny. I'm scared they won't want me for who I am. No matter who that is."

"It's okay to be scared. That means you're doing something right, at least most of the time. You're grandpop is right though."

"You won't know you have the courage until you start doing what you need to have courage to do. He's a brilliant man."

"He didn't even go to college. That tells you something about the education system."

Danny smiles at me before taking another sip of his beer.

"I should get to the library."

"What are you studying for tonight?"

"I have an exam on the Stonewall riots tomorrow."

"You probably know more about it than most of your classmates do."

"I'll admit that I had to do a little extra research to satisfy my base of knowledge, but we should learn more about it than we do. Hopefully I'll get a good grade."

"You have to be fucking kidding me. You are literally the smartest fucking person I've ever fucking met."

"You have such a potty mouth. Did your father never teach you that you shouldn't say potty words in front of women?"

"He was a misogynistic bastard, but he wasn't a hypocrite."

"I thought those two went hand in hand."

"You're hilarious."

"I wasn't joking."

"Alright, Einstein. It's time for you to leave."

"Shut up, Danny."

"Do you need a ride?"

"I'll be good, but thank you."

"Yeah, no problem. Call me about the apartment hunting thing."

"I will. I get out of class at noon, I'm going to work until four, and then I'll head over here for you."

"When do you think you'll get here?"

"Four fifteen, four thirty maybe."

"Alright. I'll be ready by then."

"I figured since you close at four it would work."

"Oh, yeah. Totally. I'll see you then."

We both stand up, giving each other a small smile. I wrap my arms around his waist, and Danny tightly hugs me back. I really needed that. I pull out of his arms.

"Can you order that part for me?"

"What's your car again?"

"A 1975 Plymouth Gran Fury."

"I'll order it, as long as you let me drive your car."

"Don't count on that, but I'll pay you."

"No, no. It'll be on the house. It doesn't cost much."

"Are you sure?"

"Absolutely positive. Now for the last fucking time, get out of here. Go be a studying nerd."

"At least I'm going to graduate."

"Shut up, Reign."

I send him a smirk and a small wave.