Deep Breaths

"You won't know you have the courage until you start doing what you need to have courage to do. I've fallen for you, Brixton. I fell for you. I'm in love with you. I always have been. I'm scared, but I know that it'll all work out the way it's supposed to."

"I've fallen for you too. I love you, kitten."

"I love you, idiot."

Brixton's lips land delicately on mine as he holds me like I'm a fragile wine glass full of the most expensive wine on the earth. His hands hold the side of my face lightly, cradling me in his warm arms. His tongue brushes against my teeth, asking me to let him in. Brixton slowly moves his right hand down to my waist, tugging me impossibly closer to him. 

I tug at the ends of his gorgeously soft hair, and a grunt (a sexy grunt) exits against our lasting kiss. I tug his head down further, so my feet can rest easily on the ground. I feel Brixton smile against my lips, already knowing what I'm doing. He breaks away, and he places butterfly kisses along my neck. I subtly place the promise ring back on his right ring finger. He smiles down at it before placing another kiss to my lips.

"You are the cutest thing in this entire world."

"Oh, really. Well...how's this for cute?"

I push him away from me, sticking my middle finger up in the air with my tongue sticking out at him. 

"Absolutely adorable, kitten."

"Gosh. You're an idiot."

"Your idiot."

"That was cliché."

"You love it, kitten."

"Why did you decide on the nickname kitten?"

"Because you are adorable. That's why. And you're a wild cat in bed too."

"You might never get the pleasure of knowing it ever again."

Brixton smirks, humming knowingly. My body shivers as his chocolate brown eyes full of trouble twinkle at me. His thick hand rests on my waist, and I sigh happily, a kiss being placed on my collarbone. He rubs his nose lovingly against the skin in the nape of my neck.

"Are you sure about that, kitten? You feel absolutely nothing even close to sexual desire?"

"Nothing at all."

"Well you a liar. One because of that kiss and two, I can practically feel your body humming in anticipation."

Brixton clumsily smirks at me, making me blush.

"I'm going to see just how far that blush goes."

His voice is thick and husky, yet irritatingly playful. That only sets me into a hiatus with my breathing. I suck in air sharply, feeling my nerves being overtaken by the tingles against my skin and the butterflies in my stomach. Brixton nips at my smooth skin, making me gasp and him chuckle in appreciation. Completely breathless, I start to speak.

"Don't think I've forgotten about the apology I need to make."

"Damn it. I was thinking you would forget."

"In any other circumstance I would, but this is really important."

"Then I support you. Do what you need to do. I'll be waiting of course. Do you want me to come with you?"

"No. I have to do this alone."

"You might be doing this without someone next to you, but you aren't alone."