The Crown

Galing kay chofachofachofa

It was the first thing he saw when his eyes opened for the first time. The glistening, golden glow shining in... Higit pa

INTRODUCTION
PART ONE - THE BEGINNING OF THE END
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
PART TWO - AN ATTACK ON SANITY
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
PART THREE - THE END
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty One
Chapter Thirty Two
Chapter Thirty Three
Chapter Thirty Four
Chapter Thirty Five
Chapter Thirty Six
Chapter Thirty Seven
Chapter Thirty Eight
Chapter Thirty Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty One
Chapter Forty Two
PART FOUR - RECONCILIATION AND HEARTACHES
Chapter Forty Three
Chapter Forty Four
Chapter Forty Five
Chapter Forty Six
Chapter Forty Seven
Chapter Forty Eight
Chapter Forty Nine
Chapter Fifty
Chapter Fifty One
Chapter Fifty Two
Chapter Fifty Three
Chapter Fifty Four
Chapter Fifty Five
Chapter Fifty Six
PART FIVE - A CATASTROPHIC HAPPY RESOLUTION
Chapter Fifty Seven
Chapter Fifty Eight
Chapter Sixty
Chapter Sixty One
Chapter Sixty Two
Chapter Sixty Three
Chapter Sixty Four
Chapter Sixty Five
Chapter Sixty Six
Chapter Sixty Seven
Chapter Sixty Eight
Chapter Sixty Nine
Chapter Seventy
lil vote
Epilogue - 1
Epilogue - 2
Epilogue - 3
Epilogue - 4
Epilogue - 5
C O N T E S T
CONTEST (part 2)

Chapter Fifty Nine

1.9K 52 4
Galing kay chofachofachofa

 Tobias had lied awake all night; not because he was kept up, but because he didn't want to close his eyes out of fear this would be a dream. Things seemed so unbelievably surreal to him - almost too perfect.

Marcus, a man who had terrorized Beatrice's life, was locked away for good. He was isolated, unable to intervene in their lives.

Evelyn, someone who still gave her silent judgments and discreet remarks about her son's marriage to a servant, had finally escaped her past life to start a new one. She succeeded in leaving the castle that haunted her dreams, although selfish wants laced in her decision.

She had left her Tobias, her only child, to fend for himself as king of a kingdom he had little to no connection with. But even with all the stress he was supposed to feel, he couldn't help but smile because his duty as king seemed inferior compared to the great joy of being a husband and, soon, a father.

Beatrice had finally woken up. Her hand moved instinctively to her stomach, where she gave it a little rub before looking up and smiling at her husband. "You know staring at people while they sleep is creepy, right?"

Instead of responding, he dipped down and kissed her lips. "Yes, yes. I'm so incredibly creepy. Yet you married me."

She smiled. "That, I did."

Tobias deepened the kiss before. His hands cupped her face as their lips moved in sync. Her hand moved to the back of his head, pushing him down. One of his arms linked around her waist, pulling her closer. Things would have escalated had the sound of a knocking - no, pounding - interrupted them.

Beatrice smiled against his lips before pulling away. She stepped off the bed, groaning at the loud knocking on the door. She slipped in her silk robe and opened the door, only for her presence to be completely ignored and two boys barging inside the bedroom. She helped as she jumped backward, hitting a wall.

"Toby!" The two boys exclaimed as they ran over to him, jumping on the bed and lying beside him.

"What the hell are you two doing here?" Tobias asked, pushing his way and walking up to his wife. He discreetly asked if she was alright, to which point she laughed and shrugged it off.

"You're Zeke and Uriah, right?" She asked as she tightened the robe around her.

Zeke and Uriah looked at each other and laughed. They nodded their heads, both jumping off the bed and attacking Tobias. Beatrice giggled silently, watching the fun they were having.

"Be careful when you barge into bedrooms next time," Tobias said, pushing Uriah off of him.

"Tobias I'm fine," Beatrice assured him.

Zeke widened his eyes. "I'm so sorry, Beatrice. I didn't realize you were behind the doors."

"Then who else would have opened the door, pansy?" Uriah teased.

"Both of you, shut up. Now, as I was saying -" Tobias tried to continue but Zeke walked over to Beatrice and began roughly playing with her. She returned the favor, but Tobias had become filled with worry. "Stop, Zeke, you're going to hurt her."

"I'm not fragile, Tobias," Beatrice reminded.

"But you are pregnant," He blurted out.

Uriah looked at his brother, fairly confused. Zeke rolled his eyes and pushed him playfully. "What did you think happens when two people get married, dimwit?"

"I didn't expect them to move this fast."

"You're really dumb."

"Boys," Tobias spoke as if he were talking to toddlers. "Enough bickering."

Beatrice stood awkwardly, rubbing her arm and smiling shyly. "We weren't going to tell anyone until the second semester, but, yes, I'm pregnant."

Uriah stared blankly at her before turning to Tobias and flashing a goofy smile. He walked over and hugged his friend. "You're expecting a boy, huh? Congratulations."

"A girl." Tobias corrected while Beatrice said, "Maybe."

Zeke smiled. "Excuse my younger brother," he said to Beatrice aside. "He's obviously not all there."

Beatrice laughed silently, watching Tobias and Uriah bickering. She walked over to her husband and planted a small kiss on his cheek. "Can you escort your boyfriends out of here so I can continue my sleep?" She whispered.

Tobias nodded, taking her hand and kissing her fingertips. "Zeke, Uriah, let's go downstairs."

His wife smiled compassionately as she returned to their bed and the rest left. Tobias led them down the stairs and into the garden, where he had one of the servants bring them breakfast. 

They spent the rest of the morning eating, bickering, and laughing. Tobias felt at ease - more at ease than he felt with Beatrice in their bedroom. Being with his friends made him feel comfortable.

"You know," Zeke began. "Shauna and I - we're trying too."

"I'm never going to have children. Not in the near future anyway." Uriah added, taking a sip of his drink.

Tobias shrugged. "It's different when your wife tells you she's pregnant. I didn't want children either - with Marcus and all - but I can't be happier than to know she's expecting."

"I don't want to deal with the hassle," Uriah continued. "They seem annoying, and require a lot."

"Not as much as you did when you were little." Zeke laughed before returning to Tobias. "Shauna, she really wants a little girl. She won't stop speaking about names, and she isn't even pregnant yet."

"Everyone seems to be getting pregnant these days," Tobias mumbled. "Beatrice's best friend just had a baby. A boy, a couple of days ago."

"I'd want a boy - if I had a kid." Uriah said.

"I'd want a girl." Tobias said confidently. The truth was, he didn't want a boy out of fear to continue the lineage of boys related to his father. He didn't want another one - another to fall in the steps he himself almost did.

He couldn't have that future marked out for his son.

And yet, his wife wanted a son.

~

Beatrice opened her eyes and sprawled over the bed. She sat up and smiled, content to be in the comfortable sheets around her. Slowly, she stretched her legs and stood up, walking over to her dresser. 

As she extended her hand to the drawer, she stopped to marvel at the wedding band on her finger. She sighed at the sight, holding her hand up to the light so she could admire it more properly.

How her life had changed. 

She closed her hand and removed it from her sight, reaching for a simple dress to wear - definitely, nothing like she was supposed to wear as a Queen - and left the bedroom. She walked down the long corridor and opened the doors to the hallway where the guest bedrooms were. She knocked on one and smiled when Christina opened the door.

Christina smiled helplessly and ushered her inside. She walked over to her son and carried him in her arms, cooing the small infant. Beatrice smiled and took the baby from her best friend's arm, admiring how small the human was. She rocked him and let him play with her index finger.

"He has a big grip," Beatrice said softly. "How much sleep have you gotten?"

"Zero." Christina sighed, lying on the bed, her arm draped over her eyes. "I'm so unbelievably exhausted. Will, he had to leave and get his family so they could come visit the baby. They wanted us to go there, but I just couldn't let him go for that long in a carriage. He'd fuss and - I can't deal with another seven migraines added to the ones I have."

Beatrice wasn't really listening. She heard how much Christina complained, and how parenthood was unbelievably difficult the first few days. However, she couldn't wish to have that more than anything in the world. She wanted to be a parent. She wanted to have a baby.

"But he's so quiet..." Beatrice hummed.

"Now he's quiet, you mean. If you want, you can watch him. I wouldn't mind, I could catch up on some sleep."

"No problem, I would love to."

Christina rolled under the covers and went to sleep instantly. Beatrice cooed the baby, grabbed his blanket, covered his small body, and carried him out of the bedroom. She strolled with him down the hallways, carefully walking down the stairs. She hummed a soft tune, caressing his bald head.

Tobias was laughing loudly as he came back inside the castle. He had waved goodbye to Zeke and Uriah before noticing his wife rocking a baby at the bottom of the stairs. He smiled at the view, then walked towards her.

"You look great with a baby." He whispered, kissing her cheek. "You're going to be a great mother."

Beatrice's cheeks reddened as she looked up. "And you'll make a great father, I promise."

He simply nodded, stroking the baby's head. They both headed down the hall and sat on one of the couches. Beatrice shifted the boy in her arms so that he could rest comfortably on her shoulder. She rubbed his small back, continuing to hum the tune she was previously singing

"It's like you're a natural..." Tobias admired. "You're so good with kids."

"I think I'd have to be since I'm going to have lots of little heirs, aren't I?" She laughed.

He joined in. "I think this baby will be plenty enough. Maybe two."

"Two? Honey, we have to have more. Three, at least.."

"Fine. Three. Three girls."

"No. Two boys and a little girl."

As the little baby slept on Beatrice's shoulder, the King and Queen found joy in speaking about their future. They talked and laughed, and all their worries were fading away.

Nothing was more important than the future. 

Ipagpatuloy ang Pagbabasa

Magugustuhan mo rin

906K 25.8K 48
Beatrice Prior is a princess. Great, right? Wrong. Of course her parents are nice, the King and queen, but they work all day. Her brother's the same...
3M 127K 42
She was the type to stare herself in the mirror and see someone else stare back. Someone who was free and light, being able to spread her wings like...
73K 1.2K 89
I know Divergent no-war stories have been done countless times, but they can never get old. In this fanfic, we will follow the lives of new Dauntless...
66 0 1
Tobias and Tris Eaton, a lively married couple of a year. Their lives were perfect. Neither of them could have be happier. Until one fateful day shat...