Forbidden Hope | H.S.

By fookinavocadosman

Hope Anderson is one of the most popular girls to walk the halls of Oakley High. She's not like the other gir... More

Authors Note
Cast List
01
02
04
05
06
07
08
09
10
11
12
13
14*
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22*
23*
24
25
26
27*
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38*
39*
40
41*
42
43*
44
45*
46
47
48
49
50
Epilogue

03

133 6 0
By fookinavocadosman

It was morning and I felt a heavy pressure on my chest. I opened my eyes to see Athena fast asleep on my chest.

She had woken up a few times during the night screaming or crying for Grayson. And every time I was there to soothe her back to sleep.

I was about to close my eyes again when my phone started ringing. Athena groaned and moved over onto her side, I reached over to my nightstand and grabbed my phone.

I didn't see who it was but I declined it because I just wanted to sleep. I put my phone down and rolled over then it rang again, I groaned the least this person could do is let me sleep. I picked it up and answered it.

"Hello?" When I heard no response I realized my phone was upside down. I flipped it upright and asked again.

"Oh my god Hope finally I called you like 100 times! Where are you and why didn't you pick up the first time?"

I could tell it was Caroline and I immediately regretted declining the call.

"Sorry I was sleeping and didn't want to wake Athena up."

"Anyway, are you coming over tonight to hang out with Niall and I?"

"I can't, I'm still grounded remember?"

"Hope, I have three words, party, alcohol, boys."

I looked over to Athena and she looked peaceful, I think she can deal for a few hours without me. I need to have fun and get this whole thing off of my mind too.

"I guess I could just tell my mom I'm going to go study at the library."

"Great! I'll see you later Hope! And make sure to wear your party clothes!"

"Yep see you later Care."

I hung up and got out of bed. I looked at the time and saw it was 9:00 am.

Shit we're late for school. I knelt down and shook Athena's shoulders lightly.

"Hey sweetie, we're late for school, go get ready and I'll bring you to school, okay?"

Athena rubbed her face, her eyes still puffy from the night before

"Can't I just stay home today. It's only Friday."

"I know sweetie I wish I could just stay home too but we need to go in today. Mom wouldn't be too happy if we skipped school again. Right?"

"Yeah, I guess, I just don't want to go in without Grayson."

Athena had tears in her eyes and I pulled her close to me.

She let out a cry. I wish she could just stay home and grieve but I know my mom will have my ass if I let her miss school again.

"I know you don't want to go, but go for him, he wouldn't want to see you like this."

Athena looked up at me with her puffy eyes. Her breath is shaky as she tries to get the words out of her throat.

"Okay Hope, I'll go in. For Grayson."

"Good. Now go get ready I'll meet you downstairs in five minutes."

Athena got up out of my bed, I gave her a small hug before she left to go to her room. I waited to hear her door close before I walked over to my closet. I trailed my fingers along my clothes and grabbed a white crop top and black leggings. I brushed out my hair and decided on a messy bun for the day.

I walked downstairs after ten minutes and Athena was already at the door. We walked out to the car. She sat in the front seat, and I started the car. I drove to her school and walked her inside. The secretary looked up and flashed a smile.

"Hi, I'm dropping off Athena Anderson."

"Okay, and what's the reason for the late drop-off?"

The secretary types into her computer with what I assume was Athena's name waiting for the reason as to why she was late. I wanted to roll my eyes because it doesn't really matter.

"Uh, we thought she had a doctor's appointment today but it was actually tomorrow."

"Okay, thank you Miss Anderson."

The secretary starts writing a pass for Athena and hands it off to her.

"Okay, thank you so much."

I smiled back at her and bent down to Athena and looked at her puffy red eyes.

"If you need anything call me okay?"

She nodded her head in response and I hugged her.

"I love you so much, Athena."

"I love you too."

She broke the hug and walked away to class. I turned around and walked back to my car.

I opened the door and got in. I closed my eyes for a second and took a deep breath. When my eyes finally opened I saw someone in the rearview mirror. My head shot back as my eyes scanned the empty parking lot.

Great now I'm starting to imagine things. I started my car and drove to school.

I walked into school and saw it was 10:30. That means it was 4th period, English. I walked to class after signing in and I got there a few minutes before the bell was going to ring.

I sat down at my desk in the corner and listened to my teacher ramble on about Catcher In The Rye. Which is one of the worst books I think I've ever read. The bell rang and all the students sprung out of their seats to go to 5th period.

I luckily had a study hall so I just headed downstairs and texted Caroline about the party for the period. The bell rang and that meant I had to go to my least favorite class. History.

Thankfully I have lunch right after so at least I had a reward after suffering through that class. I walked back upstairs and into our classroom and straight towards my desk. I pulled out the homework that I didn't do.

The bell rang and everyone sat at their desks. There was a knock on the door and the teacher went to open it. She cleared her throat and everyone looked up except for me. Instead, I kept my eyes on the homework that was due today.

"Everyone, this is Harry Styles. He's new to the school and I hope you welcome him with open arms."

I glanced up confused as to who this was because no one moves here. My breathing hitched as I saw the boy that stood at the front of the classroom.

Oh my god. He's hot.

I stared as Harry walked to the back of the classroom and sat down at the desk next to me. He looked at me, his eyes looking me up and down. I smiled and he immediately looked away and I looked down at my desk.

I felt a pair of eyes on me and looked up to see Harry staring at me studying my features again. I quickly looked away and raised my hand.

"Yes, Hope?" The teacher asked.

"Can I go to the bathroom?"

"Yes. Hurry because we're starting a new topic."

"Thanks." 

I got up from my seat and hurried out of the classroom. I could feel his eyes on me. It was as if he was staring right through my clothes.

I turned the corner and into the bathroom, I went into the nearest stall and locked it and sat down on the toilet. I put my face in my hands and rubbed it slightly.

Oh my God. Why was he looking at me like that?

I was freaking out. I'm used to the boys giving me attention as I am one of the most popular girls, but something about him is off. About a minute later I heard someone come in so I got up and walked out of the stall.

I washed my hands and opened the door. I stared at the ground as I walked knowing my feet will take me back until I bumped into something.

"Watch where you're going." The voice said, I looked up and saw I had bumped into Harry.

"Hope, right?"

Shit, this isn't happening.

My words are caught in my throat. His lips turned up into a smirk as he saw my loss for words.

"Um yeah, sorry I'll pay attention next time." I smiled politely going to walk around him but he had stepped that way too. I chuckled and moved to the other side. He did the same thing and I looked at him awkwardly.

Good way to make things even more awkward Hope.

He grabbed my arm, his touch sending a shock through my body as he moved me to the other side.

"I'll see you back in class Hope." His voice is rough and raspy. His accent popped out the most.

"Yeah see you later." I mumble before walking back to class and waiting for the bell to ring.

*******

The bell rang and I rushed out of class to get away from his lingering eyes. For the rest of class he wouldn't take his eyes off me and it was making me uncomfortable. Not only was he rude to me in the hallway his touch made me feel dirty.

I ran down to the cafeteria and to our table, Caroline and Niall were already there munching on their food and chatting away.

"Hey, guys!"

Caroline and Niall looked up and smiled at me.

"Hey, Hope!" Niall mumbled between bites of his sandwich.

"Are you ready for tonight?" Caroline asked.

"More than ready! But I have to talk to you guys like now."

Caroline and Niall looked at me with confused expressions.

My vocal cords decided they didn't want to work so we just stared at each other awkwardly until Niall finally broke the silence.

"Okay, what is it?" Niall seems annoyed.

My brain isn't working and I don't know how to tell them but I move the words out of my mouth before I can contemplate what I'm saying.

"There's a really hot new boy and he's in my history class."

"What!" Caroline yells nearly choking on her food. "And you didn't tell me the second you saw him!"

Niall just started laughing at Carolines reaction. He clearly didn't care while Caroline wanted me to spill all of the details.

"Yeah, he kept on looking at me during class and when I left to go to the bathroom I ran into him in the hallway."

"What's the mystery boy's name?" Niall asked seeming interested all of a sudden

"Harry Styles."

"Harry Styles? Seriously?" Niall rolled his eyes at me.

"Niall shut up I want to hear about Mr Harry Styles," Caroline pointed at him and he crossed his arms shutting up.

"Well there's not much to know. He's a bit rude and when we were in the hallway he grabbed my arm to move me to the other side of him and it sent a shock through me. Also he's not from America because he has a British accent"

"Hey Niall, that's something you and Harry can bond over. You both aren't from here and isn't the UK right next to Ireland or something." Caroline said to Niall and he flipped her off.

"Okay first of all, this Harry dude sounds like a creep, secondly, Ireland is next to the UK but they are two completely different places." Niall corrected Caroline who rolled her eyes and mumbled "Same thing."

"No it isn't Caroline." Niall and Caroline bickered back and forth over it until Caroline finally admitted defeat. Caroline put her hands out in front of her and folded them mad over her loss.

"I have an idea. How about we invite him to the party tonight." Niall said.

Caroline and I looked at each other in shock never expecting him to suggest that.

"Let's do it." Caroline piped up. "I want to see this Harry Styles."

"Well Hope, what do you say." Niall looked at me waiting for my response.

I sat there contemplating if it was a good decision. I didn't want to really see him again but I also did at the same time.

"Okay fine, I'll ask him."

The next period went by slowly and then the bell rang for 9th period. I decided I would find him after school and invite him. I had a study hall and sat in the corner of the room away from everyone else. Everyone was whispering rumors they heard about Grayson's death, I put in my earbuds because I didn't want to be reminded of what had happened.

There was 10 minutes left of the period when I heard the door shut and I looked up to see Harry walking in the classroom. He went up to the teacher's desk and I just saw her nod at him, he turned around and scanned the seats, his eyes landing on me. I diverted my eyes back to my phone hoping he would go sit in the other corner.

I saw Harry sit down in the seat next to me out of the corner of my eye but I kept ignoring him.

"Hey, Hope." His voice deep and rough.

Well there goes the plan of ignoring him.

"Hey, Harry." I smiled timidly at him. And turned my direction back to my phone

We sat there silently for a few seconds and I broke the silence feeling bad for ignoring him.

"Um, I just wanted to say sorry again for bumping into you in the hallway. I'm usually not that clumsy."

He smirked at me, the dimples in his cheeks popping out. I hadn't noticed them earlier.

"Yeah it's fine, just be careful next time."

"Yeah, duly noted." I smiled at him and stared into his eyes. They are an emerald green color and have hints of blue in them.

I wanted to know more about who he is. I was about to ask him a question when the bell rang signaling school was over. Harry went to leave but I still needed to invite him.

"Oh, Harry!"

He turned around and looked at me raising his eyebrow.

Shit Hope just say it

"Um, before you go there's a party tonight, it's at Caroline Fields house. I know you're new and probably don't want to go but I just thought I'd let you know."

I flashed a small smile at him. Hoping he doesn't embarrass me in front of everyone.

"Are you going to go?" He asked.

"Yeah I'm kind of required to go or else she'll kill me."

He chuckled at my response.

"Yeah, I'll be there." He smirked and my heart burst in excitement.

"Okay cool it's at 7:30 and here's her address. I'll see you later!"

He smiled at me as I handed him the piece of paper that I had scribbled her address on.

"Bye Hope, see you later."

He turned around and walked away. I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding. Now all I have to do is wait until the party.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

312K 6.9K 35
"That better not be a sticky fingers poster." "And if it is ." "I think I'm the luckiest bloke at Hartley." Heartbreak High season 1-2 Spider x oc
7.3M 302K 38
~ AVAILABLE ON AMAZON: https://www.amazon.com/dp/164434193X ~ She hated riding the subway. It was cramped, smelled, and the seats were extremely unc...
247K 6.1K 52
⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯ જ⁀➴ 𝐅𝐄𝐄𝐋𝐒 𝐋𝐈𝐊𝐄 .ᐟ ❛ & i need you sometimes, we'll be alright. ❜ IN WHICH; kate martin's crush on the basketball photographer is...
28.8M 915K 49
[BOOK ONE] [Completed] [Voted #1 Best Action Story in the 2019 Fiction Awards] Liam Luciano is one of the most feared men in all the world. At the yo...