Jeongmin Oneshots

By completelyoongified

Short stories about Jimin and Jeongyeon :) More

Author's Note
One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Fifteen
Sixteen
Seventeen
Eighteen
Nineteen
Twenty-One
Twenty-Two
Special Chapter
Twenty-Three
Twenty-Four
Twenty-Five
Twenty-Six
Twenty-Seven
Twenty-Eight
Twenty-Nine
Thirty
Author's Note
Thirty-One

Twenty

1.4K 64 68
By completelyoongified

Promise

Jeongyeon snuggled herself on the bed. She could feel the cottony fabric on her skin which she found comfortable; she could drag herself into a deep slumber once again. But she remained her eyes close. This opportunity can't be missed. She had been working non-stop and she rarely finds herself in a vacation even though she eagerly wants to. Just a day or two will be great. But it's a calling—she was immersed in her work that either way is fine for her. She was happy. She cocooned herself further, a small smile painted her thin lips.

She felt arms snaked her waist, warm underneath her bare skin.

She mused a satisfied smile. This is even great, she said to herself.

Jeongyeon slowly opened her eyes and a sudden sharp headache came through her. She slightly winced of the pain. Was she really drunk that night? Dizziness consumed her for a short time and once her vision cleared, it came spiraling in. She gazed at the blank ceiling, trying to clear off the discomfort and she felt much better after. She could still feel the weight on her waist. Warm. Maybe a pillow.

She heard a short grunt.

A groan, louder this time.

Then came mumbling words she can't understand.

Confusion was evident on her. Her eyebrows creased as if something truly bothered her. She turned her head—at the side to where the voice is. At the same time, his eyes flanged open and for a moment, they exchanged blank stares that was abruptly changed into puzzlement. Into complete shock.

Both scurried away from each other. As if one's presence irks them.

Jeongyeon almost choked; her throat tightens. As an instant reaction, she backed away from the bed. Stumbled through the table near her. Her heart was beating fast. She is completely awake and she know she isn't dreaming. She then quickly covered herself with the blanket she's holding, too much skin from her night clothing. She gazed at the person on her bed—it's a man... a guy. She can't mutter a word... she was flabbergasted.

"What are you doing here?!" She questioned; her voice raised.

Jimin was half-naked. He can't process the whole situation yet because of the endearing effect of alcohol in his head. It was aching badly and all he could do is to look at her in return—clueless as she is. He rested his back at the head of the bed, muffling his hair. He pretty much doesn't remember anything last night, just a few fragments but this, he can't even recognize a thing. Of how he ended up not being on his bed, but rather, on someone else's.

He groaned and gazed at her. She was waiting for a response but all he could see worry in her eyes.

"Did you and I... you know?" Jimin teased. That is all he could say. "You know what I mean." He continued, as if, the situation doesn't bother him.

Jeongyeon's eyes widen. Realization struck her. She suddenly feels a knot in her stomach. Oh no no no no. Did something happen between them last night? Alcohol and liquors play a tricky game in everything and you end up regretting when the time comes. Jeongyeon quickly checked herself. She feels alright and there hadn't been anything unusual she feels. She gazed around, there are no scattered clothes, perhaps, it was neat like the first time she had entered the room.

"I should be asking you that." She said in stern tone, calmer. "I don't remember anything. Did you drug me?"

She wasn't supposed to say the last sentence but it came rushing in.

Soft chuckle tingled her ears.

"Relax." Jimin cooed and got up from the bed. His upper torso was perfectly toned and for a moment, Jeongyeon can't tear her stare away.

"Even how much drunk we are last night; I wouldn't be feasting with your body." He answered without gazing back. "Look at you."

Jeongyeon gritted her teeth at the sudden remark. "Why you little—"

"I'm not that kind of guy so don't worry yourself."

Jimin faced her direction and plastered a small genuine smile. She was silenced by his retort and the air suddenly felt thick. Jimin was only wearing boxers and even how much he can't reminisce a single thing, embarrassment flashed through the nip of his ears. It was red but he was smart to shoo it away. Jeongyeon didn't even notice.

"Change into something decent." He softly said and exited the door.

Upon closing it, Jimin placed a hand on his chest, trying to subside his beating heart. He was sweating underneath his palms. What just happened? He was so embarrassed and he is only wearing boxers. Sure, lucky he is, he didn't wear something funny. That would be graver. Was he that drunk to not recognize his own hotel room? He can't believe it.

Jimin strode the hallway and into the line of doors, just four rooms from Jeongyeon's, he welcomed himself in without knocking. Still, with an unbothered expression.

"Taehyung." He called and the man, idly cozying on the bed, glared a look at him. Which in seconds, was turned into a wide teasing grin.

"Jimin-ssi!" The younger welcomed with his box smile. "Your morning looks good."

Jimin didn't know if he is being sarcastic.

"Please. I'm not into your foolish pranks."

"What?" Taehyung's expression changed—he puppy-eyed.

"I know you—you did that thing." Jimin stuttered, pointed at the right direction to where Jeongyeon's room is, embarrassed once again. "And with Jeongyeon? Seriously? Are you out of your mind?"

"Woah. Stop right there, Park." Taehyung stood, neared him. "Not just me. Yoongi, Hoseok and Jin also came to help. So please, blame them also just to be fair. And loosen up, Jimin! We're not kids anymore. We got to do a little mischief for a while."

Jimin groaned, fusing with irritation. This man hadn't changed a bit. He is still the same childish person, really hadn't matured enough for the past ten years.

"I just made my promise, Jimin." Taehyung's tone grew lower. Seriousness filled his face. "And now, it's your turn."

Jimin suddenly remembered. Fragment of memories flashed in his mind. Back in college, when they're just teenagers—young and free. They had made an oath, made their selves a promise, with the same circle of friends. Taehyung, Yoongi, Hoseok, Seokjin and lastly, Jimin. They had agreed that even before their batch reunion comes, they'll be able to fulfill those promises. Yoongi starting a music studio with Jihyo, his wife. Hoseok building a dancing school with Momo. Seokjin starting his own restaurant. And him... he hadn't fulfilled any of his promise. Yet.

Last night. Last night was their first batch reunion after ten long years and Jimin knew it would come to this. Of course, his friends are excited for him but they grew a little pity when he had done nothing of his promise.

"What's yours again Taehyung?" He asked, seated on a chair near him.

"You forgot?" The younger mused. "Simple. To bring you and Jeongyeon together."

Taehyung always crack a laugh of it. Last night, their batch held a huge party. Of course, their college classmates had shown, pretty much with their fiancé or husbands and wives. Some were single. And one of them is Jeongyeon. Taehyung thought it is the perfect timing so he did what is needed to be done. He told Yoongi, Hoseok and Jin to help him out, even reached out to Jihyo, Momo and Sana who are close friends of Jeongyeon. Both Jimin and Jeongyeon were knocked out, drinking endless alcohol. Even how ridiculous it sounds, they all agreed. When everything is settled, the boys carried Jimin to Jeongyeon's room and with the help of the girls with the door pass. Both was a sleepy head so there hadn't been any trouble throughout the night.

Jimin went agape for a while. Did Taehyung really promise that? For Jimin? Not for himself?

"I remember how broken hearted you are before. We've been friends forever Jiminie. I have seen your darkest moments. I have seen how you fallen over heels for her. How you would drink yourself at night, trying to calm those emotions down. I had seen you cry. She's your first love after all." Taehyung paused, remembering the memories.

"So, I made my own promise. Bring you and her back together."

"Yeah." Jimin released an entertained smile. "On the bed."

"At least I tried!" Taehyung cooed. "Luck you are. You're single. She's single. Might as well make a move or regret at the end."

Jimin remained silent. Tried to change the subject by asking where the others are.

"Yoongi and Hoseok's room is at the west wing. Jin is just two rooms ahead of us." Taehyung explained, busy pouring himself a champagne.

"Jimin." He called, something clear came into view.

"Please. Don't let my effort go into waste this time."

And there was a drop of heartbeat.

..•.•.♦♥♦.•.•..

It was the second night of the reunion and everybody seems to be having fun. A disco ball was hanging at the center of the ceiling and various speakers were scattered around the ballroom, a blasting pop music were playing in shuffle. After the short introduction and program of reminiscing the good old college days, everybody is encouraged to join the dancefloor. Which is, by now, were filled to the max. It was grandiose yet fun and it doesn't happen that often so why not grab the chance. It might be the first and the last.

Jimin joined with the others, with the glass of wine in his hand, dancing and chatting with his group of friends. He could still remember the names of the others that had just joined them. One was named Sungwoon, a great dancer. The other was Chanyeol, he was a rapper back then. There was Nayeon, one of the cheerleading teams. Mina, a ballerina in the class. Jungkook, he was famous because of his agility to do multiple things—talented in short. And many many more.

Jimin gazed around, looking for someone. He saw her at the far corner last time he checked, talking with Namjoon, their long-time class president. They are causal to each other. They would crack a laugh. Plastered smiles. But Jimin wasn't bothered, he knows Namjoon is a married man and it wouldn't make a difference to be jealous about it.

When his vision plights at the horizon, where an open door leads to the terrace, he paused for a while and quite lost the interest to dance.

"Where are you going?" Jin asked from a distance, still with the blasting music.

Jimin didn't answer.

He let his feet take him places and he didn't oppose. He squeezed himself to the crowd and into the direction towards the balcony. There wasn't anyone around except for her and it truly calmed him down for a while. At least, they'll be able to talk more—about the present. About the future. Jimin halted, he could feel the heavy thumping of his heart and how nervous he is. Just a small casual talk is all. It wouldn't hurt that much, he told himself.

Before anything else, he straightened his suit and went on.

"Beautiful view isn't it?"

Jeongyeon looked over her shoulder only to be greeted by him in his daring suit. If she's being honest, she would say he looks dazzling as he ages. His jaw was sharpened and he had quite built a muscle. He was petite back then and she would poke fun of his height, causing childish tease between them. But so far, nothing much had changed. He's still the old Jimin and Jeongyeon was awed at the idea. The thought put a smile on her face. He was still the same guy she knew ten years ago.

"Hm." She mused. "If you came here to tease me of what happened this morning, I'm not buying it."

Her answer made him crack a giggle.

Same same Jeongyeon.

"If that's what you think, I won't be coming here in the first place. I don't want to go over it again." He neared, rested his arms on the railing same as hers. "It was so embarrassing."

She was wearing an emerald silk dress that almost shaped her slim body. There hadn't been anymore changes but her hair. Jimin remembers how she cut her hair so short, it came out ugly. Not ugly... boyish is the right term. Jeongyeon would receive countless tease because of it and starting on, she would wear a cap just to hide her hideous masterpiece. Jimin find it cute though. Her hair now was longer and it pretty much suits her. Just beautiful, as always.

"I'm fine with it." Jeongyeon started, exchanged a stare with him. "Jihyo explained what happened. I would punch Taehyung if he was here."

Jimin softly laughed at her remark.

"Yeah. I would do the same also."

There was a stretch of silence.

It hadn't changed. Even just a single bit. No. None. He can still feel butterflies in his stomach. The synchronized beating of his heart every time he hears her voice or sees her pretty smile. The way she pinned her hair at her ear when she's shy or not used in receiving compliments, a small mannerism of hers. The way she looks at him sends him euphoria. An unexplained feeling of happiness. She's the only person that can make him feel that. It was the same feeling. The same emotion. Love? Love.

"I missed you." Jeongyeon said in a soft tone as she stared at him.

Jimin post a genuine smile.

"I missed you too."

There was again a gap of silence between them.

This time, Jimin looked at her but she hadn't noticed so far. It's now or never.

He neared to her, almost closing the distance between them. Jeongyeon didn't backed away, she watched him... allowed him. For ten years, he had bargained so many times for fate to bring their path together once again. Just once. And he promised himself, he'll stray away from her after. But he didn't know it will come this far. He had prayed for it. He had asked for miracles. Even how many times he tried to love someone; he would always think of her. Hoping she could love him as he still loves her back. He hadn't been able to move on because of those clawing emotions. First love never dies, they said. And it never did.

"Are you okay?" Jeongyeon asked, slightly bothered of his sudden action.

"Just let me." Jimin said, watched her under the moonlight. They were so close—they were only inches apart.

"Only this time," Jimin once again said, his eyes glistened. Tears prickled at the edges of his eyes. No. He can't let her see through him. No.

"Let me be near to you. Just this once." His voice stuttered at the end.

He was fighting with his own emotions and how much he hated it. But he can't do anything but to be carried by it. He had waited in vain. And she's finally here with him. Only the two of them. He had made a vow years ago. A vow to himself that when fate brings them together once again, he'll fulfill his promise. Once and for all. Even how much hopeless it is. Even how much frightful it is.

"You don't know how much I waited for this." He stared at her eyes deeply, drowning by its beauty. "There's a point in my life, I had told myself to just give up already. But you know, it always come back. Those emotions I tried to bury. They always haunted me. Telling me I still love her. Even at the depths of uncertainty, at whatever cost, I still love her. Unconditionally."

Jimin cupped his hand on her face, rubbing his thumb over her warm skin.

"If only she feels the same for me, I wouldn't be in this so much pain." He softly smiled; a tear fell on his cheek. "I know it doesn't work that way."

Jimin neared once again.

"Let me do this one last time, Jeongyeon."

He closed his eyes and placed a soft peck on her forehead. His lips brushed and at the same time, another tear fell. Warm.

"One last time." He said, the ache in his heart felt heavy.

Finally, a promise fulfilled.

..•.•.♦♥♦.•.•..

Anyeong! Anyeong! :))))

Question of the chapter:

If given to choose only one, what would be it?

Jeongtae or Jeongmin

Aigo~ why did I ask myself such difficult question XD but I am curious on what your answers are! For me, it depends on the mood I'm in. Sometimes, I'm great either way.  Jeongmin gives me this feeling. Jeongtae gives me this. But for now, it's Jeongtae. Ever since I shipped them, there was this chemistry I can't explain. Maybe, Jeongyeon compliments Taehyung's personality and vice versa. Even in true to life or fanfics, I can see and feel their chemistry well. I don't know why though but don't get me wrong, I love both ships! <33333

That's all!

Stay safe :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.2K 95 9
A short story where two rivals fall in love with each other~ [cross-posted on twitter @/jiminssi030]
12.9K 469 10
Warning: Might contain BxG smut. This fanfiction is a collection of Jeongyeon x Jimin short stories/oneshots. Please keep in mind that my first lan...
13.4K 731 33
jikook
19.2K 1.1K 36
these stories are sometimes longer than my books. enjoy. copyright ยฉ 4sokjin