The Crown

By chofachofachofa

It was the first thing he saw when his eyes opened for the first time. The glistening, golden glow shining in... More

INTRODUCTION
PART ONE - THE BEGINNING OF THE END
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
PART TWO - AN ATTACK ON SANITY
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
PART THREE - THE END
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty One
Chapter Thirty Two
Chapter Thirty Three
Chapter Thirty Four
Chapter Thirty Five
Chapter Thirty Six
Chapter Thirty Seven
Chapter Thirty Eight
Chapter Thirty Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty One
Chapter Forty Two
PART FOUR - RECONCILIATION AND HEARTACHES
Chapter Forty Three
Chapter Forty Four
Chapter Forty Five
Chapter Forty Six
Chapter Forty Seven
Chapter Forty Eight
Chapter Forty Nine
Chapter Fifty
Chapter Fifty One
Chapter Fifty Two
Chapter Fifty Three
Chapter Fifty Four
Chapter Fifty Five
Chapter Fifty Six
PART FIVE - A CATASTROPHIC HAPPY RESOLUTION
Chapter Fifty Seven
Chapter Fifty Nine
Chapter Sixty
Chapter Sixty One
Chapter Sixty Two
Chapter Sixty Three
Chapter Sixty Four
Chapter Sixty Five
Chapter Sixty Six
Chapter Sixty Seven
Chapter Sixty Eight
Chapter Sixty Nine
Chapter Seventy
lil vote
Epilogue - 1
Epilogue - 2
Epilogue - 3
Epilogue - 4
Epilogue - 5
C O N T E S T
CONTEST (part 2)

Chapter Fifty Eight

1.8K 58 1
By chofachofachofa

Tobias didn't need a moment to think before he started barking for the servants to come in. Will took Christina in his arms as he ran to their bedroom. Beatrice took a deep breath and followed them, Tobias and the servants right behind her. They all entered the bedroom as Will placed Christina gently on the bed. She was screaming in pain, crying even.

Beatrice was mortified.

Tobias took his wife's hand and guided her outside. The doctor came rushing in and sat at the end of the bed. The servants carefully took off the wedding gown and placed towels under Christina. Will gripped tightly on his wife's hand as she began to push hard.

"Oh, my," Beatrice gawked outside. "Did you see how much pain she was in? I'm going to go through that! I don't want to do that - why isn't there something to make you feel numb? Nevermind that - labor looks so incredibly hard."

"I know that pushing a baby couldn't even compare to what you've done before," he pressed a kiss to her temple as a servant announced that she was permitted to reenter. "Go inside and be with your best friend."

Beatrice nodded and took a deep breath before pushing open the door. The shrilling cry erupting from Christina's throat made her hands shake. Beatrice stepped forward, standing behind Will. He was pursing his lips, but even she could see the tears in his eyes. Christina pushed again, screaming at the top of her lungs every time.

"You're almost there, Christina," The Doctor said reassuringly. "You just have to keep pushing."

"I'm trying!" She screamed at him.

"You're almost there, I can see the head. Two more pushes, count with me."

"One..." Christina muttered, pushing. "Two!" She pushed with all her force before collapsing on the bed, taking deep breaths.

The sound of the newborn baby crying rang in Beatrice's ears. She looked at the doctor taking the baby out and wrapping it with a towel. "It's a boy," he announced as he handed the small baby to his father. Will was overjoyed as he stroked the baby's small cheek, calming him down before handing him to his mother. Christina cried as she coddled her child, resting her forehead against his. "A boy," she smiled.

Beatrice admired and quietly excused herself. Tobias was standing outside and smiled when she walked out. He approached her, and instead of repealing him away, Beatrice threw her arms around him and pressed her face against his shoulder.

"They had a boy," she mumbled as she looked up into his eyes. "I've never seen something that made me want to have a baby so bad. I want to have a baby with you."

He smiled and gripped her face in his hands. "I'm so sorry, for even a moment, I doubted my desire to have a child with you. You're the love of my life - there's no other person in the entire universe that I'd ever want to share my life with."

She grinned, nodding. "No more fear of the past, Tobias," she stroked his cheek. "We only have our future to look forward to."

Tobias slowly let go of her face and pressed a hand against her stomach. "I can't believe we've created a baby in you," he looked at his wife and his admiration grew tenfold - a feeling he didn't even know was possible. 

She kissed him softly. "What do you think we'll have? A boy? He could play with Christina's son."

He shook his head and intertwined their fingers together. "No, we're going to have a little girl. And besides, we have so many years together to have more little babies," Tobias dipped down and passionately kissed his wife in the middle of the hallway. He moved one hand behind her head, pushing her closer. "I love you. I'm so in love with you."

Beatrice laughed against his lips. "I love you too."

Tobias and Beatrice, their relationship feeling so broken and wearing out, suddenly felt more powerful than they had ever been. Their past seemed so inferior to what the future lied for them - a future full of children and everlasting happy life.

~

Everything had happened so fast since their lips collided from days of being apart.

Tobias had scooped his wife up in his arms, causing her to throw her head back in laughter. She held on tightly as he rushed through the hallways, kicking open the bedroom door. Beatrice stepped down from his arms and led him to the bed, where she laid down and smiled up at him.

"I love you..." he mumbled as he went on his knees and took her face in his hands before crashing their lips together again.

Within minutes - seconds, even - articles of clothing were ripped to the ground and they were both entangled in each other's radiating warmth. Their hands ran all over each other - like they were in the middle of the North Pole and their bodies were the only heat source.

Their need for each other grew more intensely by the second. Beatrice had never been happier, and she regretted every second they spent apart. That was at the back of their minds as nothing could stop their intense movements.

After what seemed like hours, Beatrice rested her head against Tobias's bare chest. She found comfort in listening to his heartbeat while he stroked her hair and played with her fingers. As he looked at her hand, he remembered when she had thrown the wedding band at him and never recuperated it.

Tobias moved away from her and stood up. Beatrice asked what he was doing, to which he didn't respond. He opened his drawer and pulled out the ring that had been lying on top of there waiting. He returned back under the bedsheets and took her hand again, only to slip the ring back on her finger.

Beatrice smiled, admiring its beauty once again. "I'm sorry I threw it at you."

"Oh come on, I deserved that."

"You did."

~

The next morning, Tobias and Beatrice had gone to visit Christina and Will, and their new son. Beatrice knocked softly before opening the door and seeing Christina draped over the wooden crib playing with her son. Will waved and walked over, giving her a hug before letting them walk inside the bedroom.

"The doctor said she shouldn't be walking around too much, but she, of course, didn't listen," Will explained as he took a seat on the futon.

"I'm sure mine will be just as stubborn," Tobias joked as he joined Will on the futon.

Beatrice couldn't care to listen. She walked over to stand beside Christina, who was stroking the little baby's head. "Have you thought of a name?"

Christina shrugged as the baby played with her index finger. "Will wants him to be called William, like him and his father, but I think I'd want to name him differently. He's going to live differently. He's not going to live in the village, and he won't be thinking whether or not he might have his next meal."

"That's really beautiful, Chris. He has a great mother," Beatrice whispered.

"I was thinking Adam, or Abel," She sighed. "But, they just don't sound right."

"How about Aaron?"

Christina turned her head and smiled. "I actually love that name. It fits him well, no?"

Beatrice looked inside the crib. "I think it's perfect."

Tobias stood from the futon and walked over to his wife. He wrapped his arms around her torso, hugging her tightly. Christina stroked her son's head one last time before retreating back to her bed. Will kissed her goodbye before he left the room. 

Tobias stepped next to Beatrice and leaned over the crib, looking down at the baby.

"Isn't he handsome?" Beatrice laughed quietly.

"Ours will be cuter," Tobias mumbled low enough so only she could hear.

Her hand moved to her stomach. She rubbed it and smiled, ecstatic at the idea that she would soon be welcoming a child. Beatrice looked up at her husband and wrapped her arms around his neck. Tobias moved his hands to her hips and leaned their foreheads against each other. Their positions moved and they were soon hugging, clinging onto each other.

"We're going to have the cutest baby in the world," Tobias whispered in her ear. Beatrice smiled and nuzzled her head in the crook of his neck, engulfing herself in the perfectness of how their life was turning out to be. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.5K 317 60
A family, full of deceitful maniacs... A kingdom ruled by tyranny, yet the people aren't aware... A story full of lies and deceit, woven to manipulat...
906K 25.8K 48
Beatrice Prior is a princess. Great, right? Wrong. Of course her parents are nice, the King and queen, but they work all day. Her brother's the same...
336K 7.1K 81
Venus Eaton is desperate to escape the abuse of her previous faction although she is unaware and unprepared of the ordeals of Dauntless initiation. S...
17.6K 410 15
"If you look anymore perfect, I will lock you up in my room And I assure you, you won't be able to walk for days after that." It was every girl's dre...