Time Tells All (Book 4)

By kthaler

Fourth Book in Kidnapping Series!!! Kyle is in charge now, the whole book is about him and his struggles of m... More

Watching
Memories
Partners
Interesting
The Plan
Ireland
Catherine and Jim
Letter
Author's Note
Impossible
Really?
Bahamas
Alive
Proposition
Information
The Knock
Promise
Suspicious
Kidnapped
Bygones Be Bygones
Mistake
Punishment
Shocking
Her Story
Russell
Island
Bang
Payback
Death
Torture
Solitude
Clean Up
Free
Heart Broken
Epilogue
Amanda's Story
Update

Moving On

1.3K 59 15
By kthaler

Kelly’s Point of View

            It was five in the morning when an annoying alarm woke me up from the most wonderful sleep. I was too exhausted to have any nightmares and since in the past week or so with Kayden I hadn’t gotten much sleep. Last nights memories of talking with Kyle flooded my memory. It was heartbreaking to see how distraught he was. After telling him about Amanda and Dole, it broke my heart as well. Death was a common thing in my life, yet I couldn’t get used to the idea. Every time it happened, a new piece of me broke inside, ripping out another piece of my heart.

            I climbed out of bed, staring outside where the sun still hadn’t rose yet. Robbins had left me a note saying she was downstairs getting check out ready and getting something to eat. I went into the bathroom, taking a shower and getting dressed in sweats and a shirt, nothing fancy for a plane ride. Instead of dying my hair, I just threw it up in a ponytail and called it a day. I didn’t feel like trying today. I walked downstairs where Robbins was sitting at a small table, eating a muffin.

            “Are you hungry?” She asked.

            “No, I’m fine.” I said.

            I wasn’t really hungry, even though the last time I’d at was at five o’clock yesterday evening before Kyle came over. I was used to getting little food so I wasn’t hungry, where most people would be. She nodded hesitantly, knowing that I should probably eat, but didn’t stress it. We walked out to the car waiting for us that Robbins had rented. Once she started to drive, I finally broke our silence.

            “What did you and Kyle talk about last night?” I asked, being the curious person I am. I had tried to listen through the door, but when I didn’t hear anything, I knew they weren’t somewhere else to talk.

            “It’s nothing for you to worry about.” She replied, causing me to sigh loudly.

            “I’ll worry about it, because I need to know.” I whined, not liking when things are hidden from me.

            “He can tell you himself if you really need to know. You’ll just have a wait a week or so.” She replied.

            “So he’s coming back?” I asked, curiously.

            “Yes, he wanted to tell you some things when he returns to Florida. Now, let’s change the topic. I’d prefer not to talk about Kyle or anything in our past.” Robbins sighed.

            “Well that’s all to talk about now and days. Would you like to talk about the weather? Or how about our wonderful vacation to the Bahamas? Or what else, let me think. How about-” I was cut off by Robbins.

            “Just shut up Kelly. We’ve both had a rough couple weeks and you’re not helping at all.” Robbins said softly, not acting mad, more frustrated.

            “Oh you’ve had it bad? I’m pretty sure I’ve had it a hell lot worse than you.” I snapped, realizing what a bitch I was being, but I couldn’t help it. She doesn’t know half the things that I’ve went through with Kayden and even Kyle.

            She slammed on her break, pulling off to the side of the road. She snapped her head over to me, her eyes filled with tears as she stared at me. She started to speak but stopped herself. Seeing her like this, I knew I messed up and I instantly felt guilty for talking to her like that. After a few deep breaths, she began to speak.

            “Kelly, if you don’t think I’ve been through hell worrying about you when you were gone, you are an idiot. When you were taken, I was freaking out. I’ve tried to protect you since you parent died, but that’s a lot harder than I thought. I broke my heart when I couldn’t protect you and prevent this from happening. I didn’t know what to do, so I broke down and called Kyle out of all people. I care so much about you that I called him for help because I knew he could find you. I waited and waited for answers of your whereabouts and I didn’t sleep for days, I couldn’t. I didn’t want to eat, and I felt alone. It’s not like I could call the police and tell them. It was just Kyle and I, trying to find you and for all we knew you could have been anywhere. So before you lecture me about suffering and how bad you had it, try to consider that I felt the same way you did.” She snapped, shutting me up instantly.

            She put the car in drive and continued our way to the airport. Tears were in my eyes because I did know how she was feeling and I was stupid to tell her she didn’t know how I was feeling and I had been a bitch towards her. I shouldn’t take my anger out on her, she didn’t do anything to me. Since my parents died, she had been the one to care for me and help me no matter what happened.

            “I’m sorry.” I said, letting out a sob. She looked over at me, concern in her eyes along with a few tears.

            “It’s alright, you’ve been through a lot. You just need some time to relax. Everything will blow over soon.” She replied as we pulled in to the airport.

            We headed to our plane, knowing it would be a long flight home. And I was right. Hours later, we arrived in Florida, where I would finally be home again and hopefully for awhile. I wasn’t sure if wanted to stay in Florida after everything that happened here, but then again where would we go? I sighed as we drove to Robbins house, hopefully moving on and getting settled in.

             Once we got to the house, the first thing I did was shower again, feeling dirty from the plane ride. I changed into shorts and a tank top, seeing as it was extremely hot today. I walked downstairs to see Robbins was finished unpacking her things and was sitting in the kitchen, eating an orange.

            “So, I was wondering if we should let the police know you’re alive now, seeing that there are no longer any threats to keep you dead.” She spoke.

            “Not yet. We just got back and I want time to adjust and get back into having a normal life, well as normal as it can be. If we tell them, they are going to ask a bunch of questions and I’m just not ready for that yet.” I replied, honestly not wanting the police to get involved in anything.

            “Alright, but we will have to tell them eventually.” She said, and I nodded.

            “I’m going to for a little bit. There’s something I was to see.  I’ll be back in an hour or two. I’ll text you and keep you updated.” I smiled as I headed out the door before she could protest.  

            I started walking on the sidewalk, not in the mood to run and get sweaty. The place I wanted to visit was the waterfall in the woods where Landon had taken me on our first date and where we had our first kiss at. I planned on telling him I was alive sooner or later, but seeing as I just got back. I didn’t want to stress about how he’d take it. I mean, he believes I’m dead, that can’t be an easy thing to find out that I’m alive and never was dead. Sure, all I wanted was to be in arms but I’ve waited almost a month now, what could another day or two do?

            I reached the woods, walking on the trail towards the waterfall. It would be nice to see this place again, since I had an amazing memory here. I felt bad for Landon seeing as he was hurt and kidnapped because of me. Then he had to accept my death, which I wasn’t even sure how well that went. Was he still upset? Did he move on? What if he was a depressed mess? I wasn’t sure how he would be and seeing me again would shock him.

            Walking through the woods, you would think would scare me, but honestly, I couldn’t have cared less. It was peaceful here and the silence of the woods calmed me. Sure, if I was kidnapped and trying to escape it would be a different story, but I’m free now and came here on my own. I could hear the waterfall now, and the sweet smell of flowers that surrounded it already filled my nostrils.

            Once I got to the sacred spot, I noticed that there were two people already there. I frowned, not wanting to interrupt the young couple who were kissing. I was about to leave when I saw the most horrible thing I could imagine. The couple pulled away and that’s when I saw his face. Landon’s. Tears filled my eyes at the scene. Landon had been kissing another girl. It sudden got hard to breathe and everything around me started to spin. How could he move on that quickly? I hadn’t been dead that long for him to move on to kissing other girls and dating again. I guess he never did love me like I did. The times he told me, must have been lies.

            I couldn’t believe this was happening to me. I’d lost the other love of my life, who I thought was my second chance. I knew I was lucky to love Ethan the first time, and to find Landon, who cared about me the same way was too lucky. I’m guessing it was all good to be true. Landon never loved me; it was obvious by his actions now. He moved on too quickly to have loved me.

            I came here to remember Landon and to help me decide when I should tell him I’m alive and I guess I got my answer. I was never going to tell him. He seemed pretty happy without me. I went to turn and leave, tears rolling down my cheeks. I hated him so much; it took everything I had not to go off on him. He didn’t get to deserve to know that I was alive.

            “Kelly?” Landon’s voice echoed the woods, sending chills up my spine. He had seen me.

            Without a second of hesitation, I ran away, not looking back at Landon who was shouting my name, begging for me to stop as he chased after me. How could he do this to me? I still couldn’t believe him. I hadn’t been considered dead that long for him to move on with another girl. Tears cascaded down my cheeks as I kept running, not planning on stopping.

Hey so i decided to be nice and give you all another chapter!!!! Happy New Year!!! So Landon is back but with another girl? Do you think he's moved on truely? So much for Kelly getting settled in. Poor Kelly can't win, can she? Please comment and let me know what you think. Thank you all for reading this story and it's sad that there is only two chapters left until it's done!

This chapter's dedication goes to @Telmarines. Thanks for commenting, all the comments really make my day and encourages me to write, because i want to read what you all have to say about it. Anyways, on the last chapter i'm going to let you all know i secret about this series and what i plan on doing. You'll have to wait though!!! Hope you enjoyed and i'll update probably in two days maybe. So thanks and enjoyed your New Years! :D

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

738 21 7
Here's an extremely cringy book I write awhile go! (*cries* don't judge me, okie? I was like 15 when I wrote this!) Warning! Read at your own risk...
Captivity (Book 5) By kthaler

Mystery / Thriller

26.6K 930 36
Book 5 in Kidnapped Series. This is Amanda's story (mentioned in Time Tells All, I'd recommend reading from the start, or you may be confused later...
478 10 15
Years ago, she was a defenseless child, crying from all of the pain and humiliation the vile men forced her to endure. "One of these days, I'll come...