Briar Rose - Taekook

Od XxghostinxX

❝But why am I here?❞ -JJK ❝Because the Master wants you to be❞ ❝But why?❞- JJK ❝Because you're his soulmate... Více

Main Characters
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 32
Chapter 33 {M}
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Epilogue 1
Epilogue 2
Epilogue 3

Chapter 12

13.4K 751 632
Od XxghostinxX

XII: Taehyung 

He met Lucius.

That I'm sure of.

Massaging the silver coin between my thumb and forefinger, I stared at the design of the writhing snakes and the eye. The symbol of Shadow Valley. The coin itself is made of simicum iron, a heavy and powerful metal made only by one blacksmith in the whole vampire world. Beautiful to say the least. But I refused to believe he sent me this rare gift out of pure good will. He didn't have any good will.

Turning the coin over in my hands, I read the latin description at the back. 'Fire will consume fire till only ashes are left.' I curled my lip, staring at the message that Lucius had sent. I knew full and well that he was trying to intimidate me to forfeit from the war. He was also bold enough to send it through my soulmate. The bastard.

Curling my fingers around the coin, I concentrated all my power into my palm. Heat collected in my hand, making the simicum burn with fire. I made the metal bend and twist so that it was nothing more than a small iron ore. Curse this coin I thought, throwing it down into the void below. And curse Lucius too.

I then looked down at Jungkook in my arms. He hadn't woken yet from his sleep, so I asked Jimin to bring him here. Right now, he was contently snuggling on my lap, head leaning on my chest and lightly snoring. A thick cloak covered everything from the shoulders down, so only his head was peeking out. I kissed his temples lightly, caressing his smooth hair. Even in the darkness of the throne room, he seemed to shine with light. I wonder what he had seen in his dream. If Lucius had tried to threaten or torture him in any way, I would murder him. Get the flames away! Jungkook had cried. My throat constricted as an idea popped into my head. Had I somehow appeared in his dream? Had I hurt him? Oh gods...

The portal swirled to life in the middle of the hall, momentarily distracting me from my thoughts. I gently covered Jungkook's ears so that he wouldn't wake from the sound. He whined, but didn't stir, simply burying his face in my neck. Through the portal gate came a man with brown hair, and eyes shining with light like the sun. A ruby-hilted dagger hung from his belt, and he was wearing a blue robe which was fastened at the waist.

Hoseok.

I nodded a greeting to him, not getting up in case I disturbed Jungkook. He looked at my sleeping soulmate and smiled. "I told you you would find him," he whispers, as he takes a scroll from his belt. "I told you."

"Yes, you did." I said, staring down at his beautiful pink lips, slightly parted as he breathed in and out. "You were right."

"I'm always right. Sunshine logic prevails," he said with a wink, and I cracked a smile. "What news do you have for me today Hoseok?" I asked, reclining back on the throne.

He hesitates, which isn't a good sign. "One of our spies reported back today. Shadow Valley is planning to attack London, England. In three days time at moonrise."

"London?" I glanced down at Jungkook. "Why London? They've only attacked smaller cities so far."

Hoseok shrugged. "Big city. Full of people. If they pull it off right, they can send a big message to the other vampire clans. And also to you..." he looked down at the still sleeping Jungkook, and I immediately got what he's saying. Attacking the home city of my soulmate would be like an indirect message telling me that he wouldn't be safe anywhere. I gritted my teeth. Damn Lucius, the scoundrel.

"The humans shouldn't be mixed up in this fight," I said. "They're innocent." Rubbing my temples, I emitted a long sigh. I hated that we had to start war on human territory, but drastic times called for drastic measures. I couldn't leave this challenge alone.

"Very well. We will fight Shadow Valley head to head in three days' time. Get the soldiers ready for battle, but tell them to leave Lucius alone. Only I get to kill him." Hoseok nodded, furiously scribbling on his scroll. "Try and evacuate all mortals in the area before the fighting starts, but not too early; we don't want Shadow Valley suspecting anything. And tell the guards at the eastern border to stay where they are. I wouldn't put it past Shadow Valley to launch a sneak attack while the troops are away."

Hoseok finished the message with a flourish of his pen, and rolled the parchment up. "I think I got everything. I'll report back to you tomorrow to discuss battle plans. Oh, and Taehyung?" He fiddled nervously with his quill, and I motioned for him to speak.

"Er... are you sure you're going to be alright? Killing Lucius, I mean. I know it might be hard, considering your past together, and―"

"The Lucius I knew is long gone," I whispered, cutting him off. "He's a different person now. He became nothing to me as soon as he decided to put on that wretched mask. I won't feel an ounce of remorse killing him. Nothing at all." Despite my brave words, I could feel something in my chest. Sadness, maybe? Sadness for what he had become.

Hoseok simply nodded, casting one last affectionate glance at Jungkook, before bowing and heading for the portal. I watched his figure retreat through the swirling mass of light, wondering why I suddenly felt so alone.

"So, who's Lucius?" A voice piped up from down below, and I looked down to see Jungkook staring at me while rubbing his eyes. His hair was a bit disheveled from using my chest as a pillow, but his eyes were as bright as ever. "Who's Lucius?" he repeated.

"Were you eavesdropping on our conversation?" I asked, flicking his forehead lightly. He ducked away from my fingers, smiling slightly. "Not the whole thing! But you guys were so loud, I couldn't help it." He pouted, and I had the sudden urge to squeeze his cute cheeks. God, pull yourself together Taehyung!

"No more bad dreams?" I asked, ignoring his previous question. "You were sleeping pretty peacefully." Jungkook hesitated. "Yeah... but, I think I was supposed to give you something... something important. The green-eyed man told me to give it to you. He said―" Jungkook gave a violent shiver, and I wrapped the cloak tighter around him. "H-he said that it was a gift. But I'm sorry, I think I've lost it."

"You didn't lose it my love," I said, wrapping both arms around his waist. "I already got it. Thank you, you were a wonderful messenger." I kissed his cheek, and he turned bright red, hiding his face in his cloak. "Oh, don't do that," I laughed as I pulled the cloak awak from his blushing face. "Don't hide your pretty face."

"My face isn't pretty," he mumbled, and I shook my head. "It's prettier than anyone's by far. I can see a whole galaxy in your eyes. With you here, I won't ever miss the sun again. Your face is brighter than the sun ever will be. You're my beautiful flower."

"Stop with the poetic stuff, please," Jungkook muttered, but I saw that he was still blushing. "It's getting sappy." I just smiled and let him lean on me, loving the feel of his hair underneath my chin. "But Taehyung? There was this strange man in my dream. He―he had green eyes, and was talking about you. Almost as if he knew you. Do you know that man?"

I sighed, nodding. "Yes, I do. He's the Lucius you were asking about. The leader of Shadow Valley. Why?" My gaze sharpened. "Did he hurt you? Threaten you?"

"Well, he had this short scim... but he didn't use it. He just told me to give that coin to you... and he also said something about a monster. That you were going to turn into a monster." Jungkook looked up at me, a bit scared. "Are you?"

"Not for a very long time," I promised. "I can keep it in for a while longer." He looked confused. "But isn't anger something that just sort of evaporates away after some time?"

"Not this type. For me, it's kind of like a spring. Sometimes, it just bounces right back if I'm not careful. If I keep it bottled up, it will come out eventually. But I promise, that will probably take more than another 100 years."

He didn't look reassured, but dropped the subject, for which I was glad for. I didn't want it anymore than he did, but it was inevitable.

"Taehyung, can I ask a favor?" Jungkook suddenly asked. I hummed. "Depends on the favor."

"I-I want to go back to the human world. Just for a day," he added, seeing the look on my face. "I want to go to London and see the sights again. It's my hometown after all. And... I also want to make a call to my parents since phones don't work here. Just to tell them I'm alright. Please!"

I sighed, leaning back. "Do you not like being here with me?"

"No! ... I mean yes, I mean..." He hung his head. "I like you, and I've grown fond of this castle and the people. I'm not saying I'll be going back to London forever. I just want a day to roam around the city. I'll come right back, I promise!"

London's going to be a full-war zone in a few days, I wanted to say. It's not safe there. But looking into his big eyes full of hope, I just couldn't say it. I couldn't tell him that the city he loved was going to be overrun with monsters. I could never hurt him like that. But I couldn't let him go either. It was too dangerous.

"Jungkook I'm sorr―"

"No, please!" His voice turned pleading. "I'll do anything you want. Just―just please let me go! Just once, before it's burned to ashes in your war!"

For a minute, I was too stunned to speak. He knew that his hometown was going to the sight of a battle? And yet he wanted to go? Even in the days leading up to the war, I knew that Shadow Valley scouts would be sent there to spy. It wouldn't be safe for him to go alone. But the look on his face...

"Fine." I said, and I almost smiled at the look of pure joy that flashed across his face. "But on one condition." He frowned a bit.

"I'll go with you."

"You?" Jungkook looked surprised. "But don't you have to plan for your war?"

"That will be finished in a few hours at most. Of course, if we were fighting on vampire territory, it would be much more complicated, but mortals make everything easy. They won't be prepared for vampires to come, so it will be easy to wipe out their defenses and focus on the main enemy. Besides, I'm your soulmate. It's my job to protect you."

"I don't need protec―"

"Yes you do," I interrupted. "Shadow Valley has allied with some Specters for this war. You don't know how to fight them. I do. Odds are, they're roaming the streets of London right now. If you're there alone, they'll take that chance to kill you. You need my escort."

"Oh." His voice had a bit of a tremor in it, but he still looked determined. "Okay then." I pulled him closer to my chest, loving his sweet scent of vanilla. "You won't have to worry about them," I murmured. "I'll take care of that."

He turned to face me, worry sparking in his eyes. "But what if you get hurt? What if one of them kills you?" I chuckled, nuzzling his hair. "I've battled with Specters for more than 200 years. I know how to take them down without hurting myself." He nodded, though the worry in his eyes remained.

"By the way," I waited until he looked at me. "You said you would do anything to go to London. Ready to keep your promise?" He groaned. 

"Isn't you coming along enough?" He whined, and I shook my head. "Not nearly enough. But I do have something in mind." I took a deep breath.

"Can I kiss you? Not a simple kiss on the cheek or head, but a real kiss. On the lips." Seeing him hesitate, I added. "It's just a suggestion. If you're uncomfortable we don't have to do it."

"N-no. It's fine. You can do it." My smile grew wide, and I used one hand to caress his hair, feeling him shiver underneath my touch. Gently guiding his face forward with my hand, I paused briefly to connect our foreheads together. "Relax," I whispered, seeing his breath come out in short huffs. "You don't have to be so tense. Just trust me." He nodded.

Still keeping one hand on the back of his head, I lifted his chin up, seeing him look at me with wide eyes full of guarded affection and a bit of curiosity. Tracing a finger down his high cheekbones, I gently kissed his cheek to prepare him. Looking down at his pink, plump lips, I slowly inched my own lips towards his. I felt his breath hitch as I closed the last bit of space between us, and captured his lips in mine.

It was a sweet, passionate kiss, our lips molding perfectly together in an almost harmonious way. I had never tasted lips as sweet as Jungkook's and it took all my willpower to keep the kiss slow. Jungkook hesitated at first, but slowly started to kiss back, closing his eyes to enjoy the feeling. I smiled into the kiss, entwining our fingers together and giving them a light squeeze. I wanted this moment to last forever.

Unfortunately, the human species needed something called oxygen to survive, so the kiss ended much too fast for my liking. All the more reason to turn him into a vampire the minute I had gotten his consent. Jungkook pulled away, lungs heaving for breath, and a dazed look in his eyes.

"That was... wow," he murmured, blinking his eyes. "I've never kissed anyone like that before." I smirked, happy to be his first. "I'm glad."

A deep blush adorned his cheeks, and he fumbled to say something. But before he could, the portal started swirling again, and we both turned to see who it was. A bored-looking Yoongi stepped out, followed closely by a bickering Jimin and Baekhyun. As they got closer, I could hear their conversation.

"For the last time, Baekhyun, you're wrong. Mint chocolate is totally tasteless. The mint just overpowers the chocolate until you can only taste the icky freshness of mint. It's disgusting! It tastes like toothpaste!"

"Jimin, you've got bees in your brain. Mint chocolate is the best thing life has to offer. I mean, come on! Mint and chocolate in one combination! How cool is that? Yoongi, tell him. Tell your soulmate he's an idiot."

"Jimin, you're an idiot."

"Hey! You were supposed to take my side!" Jimin protested, bumping Yoongi lightly with his shoulder. Yoongi looked like he wanted to die.

"Guys. What are you doing here? Especially all three of you at once?" I asked, not wanting to suffer through their conversation. Jungkook stifled a laugh.

"It was supposed to be just me," Yoongi said. "But these two decided to tag along in the middle. Something about wanting to settle differences in opinion, and wanting me as a judge." He glared at Jimin and Baekhyun, who were too busy glaring at each other to notice.

"So, why are you here Yoongi? Has something changed with opposing clans?" Yoongi barely ever came into the throne room unless there was an emergency situation.

"Well, no..." Yoongi chewed his lip, looking a bit nervous. "But you won't like it." He seemed to steady his breath before speaking.

"Your Grandfather is here."

I think I forgot to say this earlier, but "scim" is just short for "scimitar" which is a type of sword. 

Thanks for reading!

Pokračovat ve čtení

Mohlo by se ti líbit

21.9K 1.3K 41
"What...are you?" "You wouldn't believe me if I told you." "Try me." --- Yoongi is a freshly turned vampire that lives in a large home near the cemet...
11.7K 927 17
All ya have to know is its a Vampire Story, read to see what happens.
32.2K 1.1K 18
"Your scent it's..." "What?" "Sweet." In where Kim Taehyung, a vampire from the south meets a human who he desires. {Complete} !*Warnings*! >>...
12.3K 652 23
Taehyung is a vampire who has his life made difficult by the existence of human being, Jeon Jungkook who works at the same hospital as him. Life is m...