Imperfectly Yours (Zayn Malik...

By zaynika

There is nothing in the world compare to the passion of love, the sincerity of it. Love has the power t... More

Imperfectly Yours
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
ATTENTION!
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
ATTENTION AND APOLOGIES
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty One
Chapter Thirty Two
Chapter Thirty Three
Chapter Thirty Four
Chapter Thirty Five (End)

Chapter Twenty

12.9K 429 53
By zaynika

The spaces between us
Keep getting deeper
It’s harder to reach her
Even though I've tried
Spaces between us
Hold all our secrets
Leaving us speechless
And I don’t know why

-One Direction

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Zayn am I looking okay?—I don’t know what to wear and this dress—“ I keep rambling in front of Zayn as he fixes his cuff links.

“Babe stop getting all worked up over this internship.” He said looking at me in the mirror. The mirror is big enough for both us to look in the walk-in-closet and Zayn was standing on his side getting ready to control his achievements. And I am on my side.

“I don’t how this will go...And I will screw up, I can already feel it.” I slumped on the couch separating both of our sections of clothes.

“Hey…” Zayn comes on my side crouching in front of me.

“You are going to do fine. I know your capabilities and how amazing you are. I know you can be nervous it’s perfectly okay. But don’t let your nervousness over take you.” he smiles at me. I nod kissing his parted lips.

 He pulled me down with him and we hit the ground with a thud. I laugh at his clumsy attempt and he followed my lead. I hugged him and he did the same.

“You will do great Faith.” I nod. I pushed myself up and he followed me

“What should I wear? I don’t know what to wear on the first day of an internship.”

“I don’t know either” he laughs. He starts knotting his silver tie which is contrasting his black suit.

I pulled out a fuchsia colored blouse with dark brown pants and showed him.

“Will this do?”

“You will look lovely in whatever you wear Babe. This will do.”  I quickly changed into it and Zayn was out of the sight, mostly downstairs by now.

I look at myself seeing I am better from yesterday. I knot my hair back in a small bun and while doing so Zayn’s promise ring on my finger twinkles in the light making me smile. I trust him but still I always doubt his capabilities. And this ring always reminds me.

Grabbing my bag and slipping in my black ballet shoes I went downstairs.

Zayn was sipping his coffee, I joined him.

 “Morning Martha.”

“Good morning love. I will fix you some breakfast.” Martha is always bright and generous.

“No I am good just some coffee will do today.”

Zayn looks at me, his lips thinned in a line “Martha she will eat.”
“Very well Mr. Malik.” Martha left.

“Zayn I don’t want to” I whined.

“You are just nervous. You need food to work in a restaurant.” His tone is stern.

“Okay” I slumped back on my seat. He looks up at me and smiles.

“What?” I straighten up my slouchy posture.

“Nothing. Can’t I look at you?” he kisses my forehead, I smile placing my head on his shoulder.

“You will do great.” He kisses my hand this time.

***

I kissed him goodbye as he dropped me off in front of Vozar’s Restaurant which is where me, Ellie and George will work for the next twenty days and complete our diploma.

I stepped inside the fancy door of Vazor’s showing my identity card to the receptionist. Zayn insisted to come inside but I told him I will be fine.

I made my way through the restaurant entering in the kitchen area where one of our teachers was waiting for us with Ellie already there. George is still to show up.

“Good Morning” I greet them both. The surroundings of the restaurant were warm. We were standing in the far end of the kitchen area near the door which was separating the huge sitting area. The restaurant is a classic example of London. Antique designs with the touch of modern technology. Kitchen is busy everybody busy starting their work for the day, not even glancing at us.

“Morning” Ellie said looking her pretty self in a cashmere maroon sweater with denims.

“Faith you saw the news last night”

 “No”

 “Come I will give you guys your coats and then I will wait for George.” Mrs. Allison said at the same time as me. We both nod following her.

We both get changed in a light brown chef coat and pants. We both laugh at ourselves already feeling the professional vibes.

“This is going to be exciting.” Ellie exclaimed.

“I am so nervous.” I said sitting on the benches in the changing room. We are still waiting for George and I have no idea how we are going to work today.

“Don’t be, everything is going to be fine.” That’s the thing about Ellie she is always positive and confident that’s why she always ace in our classes.
“By the way what were you talking about the news?”

“Ah! That…wait I will show you.” She pulled out her phone and went through some sites then showing me an article. I give her a questioning look?

She pushed her phone in my hand “just look at it.”

The first thing that caught my eyes was a collage of two photos from Saturday’s event. The one was me and Zayn entering the party and the other one is him with Victoria leaving. I took a sharp intake of breath. I look at us with our hands entwined with each other, I am looking up at him and he is looking at me with great affection.

I was smiling and there was a hint of smile in his eyes looking at me. We both for a moment were just caught up in each other. I really loved this picture.

But then my eyes move to his picture with Victoria.  Victoria was looking fierce and her eyes catching and smiling in the cameras flashing on her perfect face.

She is looking radiant and I remember my smudged face when I left the party. Zayn’s hand on the small of her back making my heart clench and he was looking his distant self. Looking straight in the Camera he was giving nothing away.

They both looked so perfect for this media world but when I look at our picture there was nothing more perfect and heart clenching and heartwarming at the same time.

I read in bold letters it was written:
“ZAYN MALIK ENTERS EVENT WITH HIS GIRLDFRIEND BUT LEAVING WITH ANOTHER LADY”
 I read further.

Zayn Malik well known business tycoon and one of the most eligible bachelors in London will all make you question his status of relationship. We all knew about his latest fling with a girl name Faith. A student with the girl next door image captures the attention of Zayn. And we may say she resembles the socialite and Malik’s former girlfriend Perrie Edwards. But well it’s none of our business. What caught our attention is Zayn leaving the event; which he enters with his Girlfriend, left with a girl named Victoria. We know nothing about this girl except her name. When we tried to question them both they left without uttering a word. But can we say that the playboy Malik is not planning a serious relationship anytime soon? And we may add we didn’t see Faith leaving the event as well. Let’s hope Zayn is not playing with the poor girl’s heart.

I took a sharp intake of breathe. “Darling you look pale” I looked back at Ellie. I can’t make the words to reply her.

“I didn’t show this to upset you but just wanted you to know how much bullshit media puts these days.” I nod.

“Yeah” My voice was small and unconvincing. No matter how much I try to avoid but jealousy and uncertainty is there present in me.

These things are effecting me big time and it’s all over my face Ellie noticed. “You need water?”

 “No—no I’m fine.”

Zayn said there was a relationship before but now it’s only business. Like now the way she was smiling making me doubt her intentions. Zayn’s action in the Party made him look like a Casanova who jumps from one girl to another. Making me want to rip the head of the person who is behind this article but this definitely left me bothered in so many ways.

“Hello Ladies. Sorry I am late.” George’s voice came from behind us. He is already dressed in a chef’s coat and his steel blue eyes are coming out with the contrast of a dark colored coat.

 Ellie rolled her eyes “You should be here on time you know that?”

“Sorry I was caught up in something.” he answered looking at her and then at me. I looked away knowing how the things are between us after his encounter with Zayn.

Our teacher came telling us the basic things which we needed to remember. We started working.
In the start we were a bit slow and dysfunctional but after an hour or so we started working like a team. Even George who is not that good is also working great.

George was chopping onions and I was making some clam sauce. Ellie was busy making the main course. When George spoke “You know we can all try to move past our differences and work as a team.” I nod not knowing what to say.

“Look at her, she is definitely going to ace her Father’s business.” He said pointing at Ellie who tastes something and her brows lifting in her own appreciation. I laughed and George followed my lead.

I look at him and he seems genuine. I sigh knowing how over-possessive my boyfriend is. But he also is  working with his ex-girlfriend and wants me to adjust with the situation. So why can’t I be friends with a guy who seems genuine enough.

George winces as he rubbed his eyes with the table cloth. “What did you do?” I laugh at him.

“Just onions.” I laughed again. His face is red and eyes bloodshot and teary. He is funny.

We both keep talking and Ellie is focused on commenting about how we are not working properly. But she also laughs at many occasions.

 Our trio worked out pretty great and we are fast in making different dishes throughout the day. At lunch time all three of us ate the left overs of many of our dishes chatting about how ridiculously awesome this restaurant is.

I received a text around one from Zayn saying he is missing me. But I didn’t reply. I was too worked up with that article.

By the end we all were tired and the feeling of fatigue is there. We smiled as Mrs. Alison cheers us.
We start making our way in the underground parking of the restaurant.

“Guys I am telling you we should celebrate.” George said as we exit the elevator entering the deserted parking lot.

“I am too tired” Ellie said pulling her hair in a bun. “Yeah.” I joined. I know how Zayn will react so I will rather skip.

“You guys are bummers.” George said. I laughed then my eyes went to Zayn who was standing near his car staring at me. It’s a surprise he is here I was expecting Torres.

I bite my lip in nervousness. His poker face giving nothing away but he seems pissed. He approaches us. “Guys I will meet you tomorrow.” I waved at them before Zayn could come and say something to George for no particular reason.

I am pretty sure he is pissed because of him I don’t know what this guy has done to him.

Ellie waved me as I passed them as fast as I could. I heard her saying “They both have got it bad” and George saying something offensive.

“Zayn...” I am cut off by him pulling me closer and smashing his lips to mine. I am caught off guard.

 He is holding too tightly on my back and his other hand in my hair pulling on them. He has had a cigarette, his breathe can tell and his usual scent fanning me, possessing me. He roughly shoved his tongue in my mouth, I kissed him back. What has happened? He never does that it in public. He bites on my lip making me whimper.

He is holding me with way too much force that my legs are barely touching the ground.

I try to pull away knowing we are making a scene. He pulled me back closer now kissing me more firmly. Slightly tugging at my lip. He stops kissing but his nose touching mine as he is inhaling. I open my eyes looking at him but his eyes are still closed.
“What happened?” I caressed his cheek.

He didn’t say anything but when he opens his eyes they are full of fear and regret.

 --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Author's Note; hiii guys last update of this Year! yyeekkss this year has been great for me. with all you guys appreciating my work and pushing to me write more. and college has been great and my result of this semester will be out soon yoday mostly so i'm bit scared. well i hope for best. and thank you so much guys for supporting me. i can't tell you all how thankful i am.i hope you guys had a great year and upcoming year will so much joy in your life. my best wishes are with all of you i really mean it. have a blast on new year. Happy New Year!! love you all.  (and the Gifs though at side) 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

771K 19.5K 32
Have you ever been a part of something that you thought would never end? and then of course it did. Zayn thought that Perrie was 'the one' for him...
67.9K 1.5K 20
❝ I don't know your name, but I would love too. Did seem to hear a knock knock, who's out there at my door? ❞ Zayn Malik had always had this massive...
21.7K 1K 28
*Do not read without reading Book One of Mistake. * Copyright © 2015 All Rights Reserved Loving someone is extraordinary. It's strange, but it...
2.7K 341 35
☆ We are all broken, that's how the light gets in. ☆ But how is it when you are completely broken and have no source of light? Zayn and Ashley had th...