Gentle Predator

By Jia-Belle

Who do you become when you've lost yourself? When the world you know is torn into pieces, is it not easy for... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35

Chapter 30

216 7 4
By Jia-Belle

Before we start, I would like to say Happy Holidays to everyone and a Happy New Year. 

Secondly, I hate hate hate this chapter. It took me forever to write and now that I am finished I hate it. It is the worst writer's block I ever had. It's kinda short but not too short with some fillers and a lot of crap.

Hopefully the next one is better... Hopefully!

Also check out my other story Eat Me. No wolves this time so if you're not down with that then don't read it! It's a bit more mature than this one so if youre not down with that then dont. read. it! 

Thanks for reading my silly ideas that I turn into stories. I love y'all!

Okay, I'm gonna shut up now... to the story!

Chapter 30

Noah's POV

I felt empty.

My wolf felt as if it was about to burst out my chest and run back to her. As I drove back home I thought of a damn good reason why I shouldn't just drive back there and take her back. She belongs with me. I don't care if she found her family or her friends or who the fuck ever. I sound like a selfish person, but when it comes to her I just can't control my emotions. It took all it had in me to let her go and walk away.

I don't know what it was...

I mean of course I liked her and there is no telling that she likes me. So why can't we be together? Why is there always something in the way from our happiness? She can't come with you, Noah. I kept reminding myself over and over again. If she comes back with me then I'm putting her life in danger. I can't do that again. I can't find it in myself to watch as she gets hurt again and I wasn't there to protect her. I will always protect her.

With that I ran my hands through my hair roughly giving it a slight pull. This is what is best; for me and for her. She's not going to be there to get hurt and I wouldn't have to worry about her getting hurt or even killed. That's why I did it. It was all for her. Damn, sometimes I wish I had amnesia. I just want to wake up and forget all about this. All about the pack and humans and to finally be happy with her.

I growl slightly hanging my head before looking back up at the road again. I was just a few miles away from the pack territory. I've been getting mind links with Dylan for quite a while now telling me about the pack. As if I did not see this was going to happen. The pack was just a pot that was ready to overflow. There is no possible way the humans decided one day that they were going to attack the pack and there is no way they had the guts to do it. Someone was helping them and that someone is a son of a bitch that needs to be dead. You never turn on your pack to side with humans of all things.

What did they promise him?

What did they tell him that made it so easy to turn on the pack?

Or maybe he was the one that came up with the idea? He was the one that planted this plot in those stupid humans head. Ugh sometimes I wish we were a normal pack like the one we used to be. Mom and Dad would be so disappointed by the way it is now. They never wanted to have any feud with the humans. The most they wanted was peace. The wolves never troubled the humans and the humans didn't trouble the wolves. I'm sure they are rolling in their graves now.

I growled at the thought of them before taking a deep breath. In that instant my phone began to go off. I took my eyes off the road for a moment to the device that was sitting on the passenger seat. The moment I saw who was calling my heart sank once again. There her picture flashed and her name let up. I quickly looked away from the phone and held my grip on the wheel. I can't talk to her. I know that the moment I hear her voice in going to turn this car around and go back to her. I can't do that now. I need to focus on what was important and that is saving my parents' pack.

Ignoring the call, I kept my head forward and eyes locked on the road. The moment it stopped ringing, I took a deep breath and stared down at the now blanked screen. I wonder how she was doing. She must be happy to see her parents again and to be home. I can already see the smile on her face as she's told stories she doesn't remember. I can see her eyes widening as she's reminded how much of a bitch she used to be.

Damn, I'm going to miss her.

I shook my head of the thought of her before focusing again. I was now closer to the pack than before. Even from all the way back here and I can hear them. Loud howls pierced the night air the closer I drove. I can feeling all the chaos that was happening and my wolf wanted nothing more than to come out. The moment I touched pack territory I stopped the car and came out. I shifted into my grey wolf that almost blended into the newly fallen snow. My wolf howled into the quiet night before following the scent of blood.

The scent lead into the town instead of the woods like I once thought. I pushed myself to move faster as the scent became even stronger. I was just in the heart of the town when three wolves came out of nowhere. The streets were cleared with nothing but the four of us. They were wolves but I still stared at the curiously. I knew them and I know that they are some of the strongest wolves we have in the pack, but why are they here? Why are they not helping Dylan? I tried to talk to them through mind link but they all blocked me.

My curiosity heightened as I stared at them. Taking a careful step forward, I waited for their reactions. As I thought, one of them growled at me before crouching down into a defensive stance. They were against me? My own pack members were against me. Wow, I thought I would never see the day. The others followed after him and all crouch down before growling at me. It wasn't a fair fight, but I wasn't going to back down. I have alpha's blood in me and I'm sure I can defeat the three of them on my own. I hope...

With that, I growled loudly at them before taking a few steps forward. The three of them growled louder at me with the deadliest look in their eyes I have ever seen. And in that instant they pounced forward and went on the attack.

Stella's POV

"Right there was your first day in preschool. Do you remember?" My mother asked pointing to a picture of me. It was the next day and my mother insisted that she showed me pictures of my past to help me remember. So after breakfast we went into the rather large living room and sat at the couch as well looked at pictures. A smile formed on my face as I stared at the little girl in the old picture.

Just like the others she looked so happy. Her blonde hair were put in two perfect pig tails as she wore a smile as big as the sun and blue eyes sparkled. I smiled down at the little girl, at me, before it turned into a slight frown. My brow was pulled together as I tried my best go remember but once again I found nothing.

With a deep sigh, I turned to her and shook my head. Mother smiled at me before placing a hand on my arm. I knew she was hurting. Every time I stared into her blue eyes they were always wet with tears. I don't know if she was happy to see me or if she was sad that I didn't remember anything. Either one it still made me feel a certain way. She removed her gaze from mine before looking back at the book. She flipped the page to a next set of pictures and suddenly began to giggle. She pointed at one and I turned my gaze to it. There is was a picture of me crying with what looks like ice cream all over my face. I gave a chuckle with my mother.

"You wanted an ice cream cake for your birthday when you were 7. You didn't wanted to share so your cousin, Gwen, shoved your face in the cake out of anger. It got real ugly after that."

I laughed at the story looking down at the picture again. I guess I had a pretty interesting life. At least I was happy and I had family that cared about me and as well as friends like Dawn. As I kept thinking, I suddenly heard the front door opened and closed. Mother and I both looked up and turned to the entrance. Heavy footsteps could be heard throughout the house until it stopped when it was close to us.

My brow suddenly raised at my mother. She too was confused as to what was going on. That was until suddenly a man popped out of nowhere. I stared at him with a raised brow as his eyes trailed over the whole room. When they finally locked with mine, I noticed a spark that suddenly formed in them. Without any words, he moved towards us and stood in front of me. As if I was a baby, he pulled me to my feet and cradled me in his arms. The man held my tight and I knew who it was. He was in the photo album with me and my mother. This man is my dad. I slowly wrapped my arms around his neck as he held me tighter.

"Dad?" I whispered closing my eyes.

"I thought I lost you, sweetheart." He pulled away only to kiss my head then my temple. I looked up at his green eyes at gave a pout.

"You're not mad that I lost memory and that I don't know who you are?" He shook his head before placing a kiss on my head again.

"As long as you're alive, I don't care. We can always make new ones."

"But, I thought you were away."

"Your mother called me last night and I came on the next flight over here. I had to see you. Plus, you can't make new memories without me and who’s going to tell you all the embarrassing old ones?"

I laughed before holding him tighter in a hug. It felt so good to see my family again. It felt good to see my mother and my father and to be home with them. I should be happy and I tried my best to be happy when I am here. I walked around the house with a smile on my face as I looked at pictures and heard stories about my past. I did things with my parents and I laughed with them. I wanted to be happy, but I just can't. My mind keeps going back to the pack. It's overwhelming to have one thing on your mind and a next thing being shoved down your throat. Yes, I wanted to remember but I also wanted to basically not be here. I love my parents and all, but I don't remember growing up like this.

It's.... Not what I expected coming home. Later that day after spending so much time with my dad in his office, Dawn came by to visit. She called me and told me that she was coming over and for once I got excited. I don't remember her either, but I enjoy being with her at least. The moment I heard the doorbell I jumped from my seat and basically ran towards the door. Mother was already heading to answer it, but I ran passed her to reach there first. Swinging the door opened, there I found Dawn with her hands folded and covered in snow.

"If you waited any longer I would've turned into a Popsicle stick and die." She said taking a step inside. I laughed as she took of her coat and started removing snowflakes from her hair.

"Maybe I forgot that you're human. Haven't been around those of quite a while, you know." She laughed looking at me with a playful pout while folding her arms. I feel good about the relationship that Dawn and I are having. Even though I don't remember her it felt like I did and for that I am happy.

“She spends 5 months with wolves and now she thinks she’s one of them.”

“Trust me I do not want to be a wolf. I wouldn’t believe how much times I was close to becoming one myself.”

Her eyes widened as she turned to look at me. Her warm eyes scanned my whole face for a moment, but said nothing else. It was as if realization hit her and she swallowed the words she was about to say. Instead she shook her head and kept on walking. We made it to my room, and the moment we reached inside she dropped on the bed. I took a seat by my window seal and took in a deep breath. There was so much on my mind and so much things I wanted to talk about, but I couldn’t get the words out. My mind keeps going back to the wolves and the pack.

I tried to call Noah earlier today hoping that he would pick up, but I got nothing. I guess he arrived and was too busy to pick up. The thought saddened me the dark reminder that I may never see him again made me frown even deeper than before. I took in a deep breath once again and turned from the window to my friend that was on the bed. Dawn laid there with her phone above her head as she stared at the screen.

“Hey Dawn,” I called softly causing her eyes to turn towards me. “Have you talked to Noah since he left? I was trying to call him, but he didn’t pick up.”

She looked deeply at me before shaking her head. Her eyes then trailed back to the phone in her hands before turning back to me.

“I haven’t tried really. I knew that once he left he needed to focus on whatever was going on in the pack so I didn’t wanted to bother him.” She replied.

I suddenly frowned at her words, “Now I feel bad for trying to get in contact with him.” I said with a forced laugh. “Maybe I should leave it alone until he calls me back.”

“I think it’s for the better.” She sent me a smile before turning back to her phone. “Tell me a story about something exciting that happened while you were with the pack.”

My brow raised at her before a small chuckle left my lips. I can write a book about all the things that were done to me in that pack. I am sure she would find excitement in them. With a small sigh, I shrugged my shoulder and laughed once again.

“Where do I even begin?”

Noah's POV

I sank me teeth into the brown fur of the already bleeding wolf causing it to softly whimper and tried its best to release from my grip. Biting down harder, I began to shake him as if he was a rag doll before dropping him against the floor next to his dying friend.

I watched as they both slowly turned back into their human form before taking their last breaths and dying in front of me. I never wanted to kill them. In fact I tried my best not to resort to this but they left me no choice. The thought was sickening. Why are the wolves turning against us? I knew the reason they came after me is because of Dylan.

Where is Dylan?

I tried my best to mind link with him like I have been doing for a while now but he shut me out. Ever since I stepped foot on the territory I couldn’t hear him anymore. The worst thoughts filled my head. What if they killed him? What if he’s hurt and with the pack being in the state it is, none of those things would be a shocker.

He can’t die… I can’t let him die…

No matter how much we argue and how much we can’t stand each other, he was still my brother and deep down inside I still love him. I can’t lose the last member of my family just yet. I can’t stand to see that this pack, my parents pack, is being run by a bunch of traitors.

I growled at the thought looking down at the bodies that were in front of me once again. I no longer felt grief for them. They deserved it and now I see. With an even deadlier growl, I cried around them. Oh I wish I could bring them from the dead and kill them again, but I can’t. I have to find my brother and my friends. I must take back this pack for my mother and father.

With that, I began walking away from the dead bodies and followed the strong smell of blood coming from the pack house. As fast as I can, I began running towards it. Once again I tried to get Dylan but nothing came. Oh Dylan better be dead for not answering me or else I would kill him myself. It’s rude and unacceptable to not answer your own brother’s calls. How else am I supposed to know that you are still fucking alive? Damn I wish he was dead sometimes.

Still lost in my thoughts, I didn’t realized I was closing in to the pack house and what awaited me there. Slowing down, I noticed the wolves that were scattered around the whole area. I became confused by them. Who are these wolves? I know every member of this pack from pup to grown wolves but I have never seen these ones before. Can it be that they are- No! There is no possible way that something like that would ever happen.

Stepping closer towards the large house, the wolves finally noticed me. To my surprise they didn’t growl after me. They just stared as I walked pass them. Becoming even more confused, I keep on walking until I was now standing in front of the house. Suddenly out of nowhere a black and grey wolf burst from the house wooden doors and quickly ran down the porch steps. Just like the others I had no idea who this wolf was or even pick up from his smell. One thing for sure was that he was a part of this pack and he was a leader to these idiots out here.

The wolf began circling around me slowly. He sniffed me and I suddenly became stiff. I don’t know what game this wolf was playing, but I’m sure as hell not in the mood to deal with him.

“Who the hell are you and where is my brother?” I sharply asked through mind link. The smug look that appeared on his face meant he heard me proving he was truly part of the pack. Suddenly there was a chuckle being heard on my voice. I looked at him sharply not taking my eyes off of his for one second. Finally the wolf stopped in front of me and tilted his head slightly.

“Silly little Noah, don’t you recognize me?” His voice was mocking causing a deep growl to come from me until I realized who voice it belonged to. It felt as if the blood in my veins went dry and the hair on my back stood up.  My wolf became more angered, but I was stiffened by shock. It cannot be… How in the hell is this even happening?

“Nick?” I called more confused than I ever been.

The wolf smirked largely at me before taking a few steps closer towards me, “We have been waiting for you, Noah.”

Comment

Vote

Fan

Until next time

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

429 34 9
Hailey's father was the most hated human known to werewolves. Every werewolf knew that he was an infamous Werewolf Hunter. They wanted to bare their...
111K 5K 38
*Sequel to ENEMY OF MY PACK. *not edited. Being a werewolf sucked but being a werewolf daughter to a human mother sucked even more. Ariana Peterso...
574K 16.2K 34
I was never appreciated for who I was. I was tossed aside and left to rot for a mistake I made many years ago, a mistake that haunted me my entire li...
51.4K 2.3K 50
❝Destiny brought dark and light together, fate brought them love❞ Abused and broken Katia has been through hell and made it back alive. A true warrio...