Paint A Picture On Me

By -euthanasia-

Boy takes job. Job takes boy. Boy starts case. Boy meets boy. Boy likes boy. Boy shouldn't like boy. Boy acci... More

Dos
Tres
Cuatro
Cinco
Seis
Siete
Ocho
Nueve
Diez
Once
Doce
Trece
Catorce
Quince
Dieciseis
Diecisiete
Dieciocho
Diecinueve
Viente
Veintiuno
Veintidos
Veintitres
Veinticuatro
*Extension: Mike's POV*
Veinticinco
Veintiseis
Veintisiete
Veintiocho
Veintinueve
Treinta
Treinta y uno - Final

Uno

4.9K 220 225
By -euthanasia-

"Another case closed," I say to myself, signing the field report. I get handed another case file and collapse in the spinning chair behind my desk.

"Thanks," I mutter to Jaime, a coworker of mine. We work together when patrolling and he pretty much handles my constant need for cases. Well, it isn't exactly my fault that people are constantly trying to kill one another, now is it?

"You have a private debriefing in ten minutes," He says, still towering over me. I sigh, feeling exhausted after working the last 36 hours on trying to track down a missing teen. "You should really take a break, Vic. All this work is stringing you out."

"I'm fine," I shrug. In all honesty, I simply prefer being kept busy. Being on the move all the time eliminates the feeling of loneliness as well as giving me an excuse for not visiting my parents as much as they want me to. I only moved out two years ago, and I've climbed the police ranking quite quickly given my dedication to the job. I excelled in the academy after my senior year. After moving downtown, I got to work earlier as well as leaving later, solving more and more cases and gaining ground on all the family-man types around me.

"Officer Fuentes," Chief Barham says, in an official tone, from his doorway. I nod and make my way into his office. He motioned to a chair facing his desk and I saunter over to it, making myself comfortable. He sits in his own, a desk separating us.

"I realize we've been working you hard, Fuentes. I appreciate your devotion to the cause, it shows a lot about your character. Although, since you refuse to take a vacation I've decided to give you an important, yet low-intensity case."

I internally groan. In other words, he gave me the case too boring for the pencil pushers—and that's saying something. "Thank you sir, but I really enjoy my normal cases."

"Oh I assure you, this is much like your normal cases, however this time you're going undercover." I actually perk up at the news. Don't get the wrong idea, I love being a cop. But, it is nice every once in a while to have this type of case where no one runs at the sight of you, or stiffens up in intimidation. This will definitely be a well appreciated case.

"Oh, great. What's the story this time?"

He turns his computer screen to a more suitable angle for me, and shows me a picture of my target selling drugs, as well as giving me my incentive: "he's a well known drug dealer, although we haven't had the means or proof to arrest him yet. The only thing we want you to do is follow him around and find how he transports his drugs. We'll intercept the operation and he'll be terminated."

"Terminated?"

"In a way, yes."

"Okay, sounds cool. So, what so I do? Befriend him and get in the whole thing or what?"

"No. We actually don't want you going near him at all. Him and his crew are well aware of our eyes being on them. The last thing we need is their gang getting suspicious. So, you'll be attending Clairemont High, where Benjamin Worsnop is enrolled. You'll watch him from afar and eventually let us know the transportation technique." I internally groan again. Wow, this really is low intensity, plus that's my brother's highschool. Sure, it's been two years since I've been at school, but that doesn't mean I'll be rushing back. "Also, you'll have to move back in with your family."

"Fuck," I mutter under my breath. Thankfully he doesn't catch my outburst and hands over my class schedule along with ID.

"Wait, are you sure I can pull off a high school student?" I wonder aloud. He ignores my doubt and continues with the plan.

"We've notified the faculty to only accept your work in group assignments." I nod as he explains, and for the most part it makes sense. I just hope and pray that no one messes up and gets me caught. He dismisses me with my file and says I start the day after tomorrow, he allows me one day to move and feel comfortable. To which I appreciate, but find kind of unnecessary.

__
"December eleventh," I say to my empty apartment. I write on the calendar in big letters CASE 236 CLOSED. I like to keep track of my cases so that at the end of the year I can pick up a nice big bonus. I sit at my kitchen table with steaming coffee in my hand and read over the case file. It seems incredibly easy. Just discretely follow this kid around and eventually he'll show me where he moves his stuff from and... wait, I live alone in San Diego after graduating from the local high school and police academy. My parents moved to Albany, New York about two years ago. How the hell did we end up with this case? I thought we only did local cases. Oh, whatever. I better call them, so I don't show up tomorrow surprising the shit out of everyone. They aren't expecting me until Christmas.

"Hey, mama," I say into the phone. She squeals in excitement and calls my papa over.

"Hey, honey! How's life treating you?" she asks, I can hear the other phone being picked up as I assume my father joins the, now, conference call.

"Great, great. I actually just got an undercover case."

"Oh sweet heart, that's so exciting!" she squeals into the receiver. I flinch at her loud voice and turn down the volume on my phone.

"Yeah, yeah it is. Well, I was kind of hoping I could move back in with you guys. My case is up there and I'm supposed to be a teenager, you know going to high school and living with my parents."

"Yes! Yes! We would love to see you! When are you coming?" she asks, I hear some other cheers in the background as well.

"I'm flying in tomorrow morning," I explain, lacking the enthusiasm they all seem to have.

"Honey, that's wonderful! We'll get you a room ready! We'll all be together again, it'll be just like when you were younger!" she exclaims. Wonderful. We chat back and four and after dropping a dozen bombs, she gets the hint and lets me hang up. My complete and utter exhaustion kicks in and I decide to finally go to bed.

__
"I feel like I haven't slept for a week," I groan, again to the empty room. I turn off my alarm and rub my eyes, feeling more exhausted than ever. I swear I have more energy on less sleep. I roll out of bed and start packing, not bothering to change since I'll be showering. Eventually all my things are in order, so I hop in the shower and clean myself from head to toe. I comb my hair out, throw on casual clothes (a t-shirt and sweatpants) and out the door I go.

The wait at the airport was just that, a wait. And the plane ride was just as horrible. It didn't help that my neighbour smelled like cheese. Even after getting away from Mozzamonster, I had to wait in line for my rental car. I think all I've done today is wait. Cue internal groan. I finally get my grey Mazda and haul my bags in the back, hop in the front and have to wait until I arrive at my parents. Which, obviously, proves to be so not worth all this waiting.

__
*Kellin's P.O.V.*
I walk into my boring class, (English by the way. I already read, write and speak this so, who needs it anyway?) sit in my boring desk, at my boring school in my boring life. I hear my phone ding and look down to see that Mike texted me.
From Mike:
Watch out 4 my cousin I think hes in ur class??
To Mike:
Lol, okay? Is he cool?
From Mike:
The coolest u will luv him
To Mike:
I highly doubt that. You're enough of a pain in the ass, I don't want another one. ;)
From Mike:
!$@# u. <3
I decide to ignore the last one and put my phone away before the teacher takes it. I sigh and watch the boring board, as my boring teacher writes the boring date. Oh, unholy Hell boring class is about to start. As if on cue, the boring bell rings and Miss BoringWhatsHerFace tells everyone that we're working on our novel study and to read silently. I dive into my book, eager to get further along in the mystery.

__
"Hey, uh, I'm a new student." I hear, disrupting me from an intense chase scene. My curiosity is out of this world, I can't help but eavesdrop.

"Oh, I wasn't informed we would have a new student today. Victor Hernandez, I'm Mis Jardine, welcome to grade twelve English. Victor, please pick one of the empty seats and ask someone around you to fill you in on what we're working on." I get bored, and go back to my reading.

"Pst. Pst. Pssst," someone, being an annoying fuck, sounds from behind me. I roll my eyes, closing the book on my finger and turning to see what the fuck this person wants. I spin in my seat and instantly my jaw drops and I mutter, "oh my God." There, sitting behind me, is one hell of a man. Is it rude to ask someone to go make out before asking their name?

He has chestnut coloured hair, hanging just below shoulder. His locks curl on their way down, softening his facial features. He has deep brown eyes that seem to just suck me right in. His lips are a deep hue of pink and his skin a warm tan colour. This is no average high school boy, this is full blown man. He could be a model.

"What?" he asks nervously, worry taking over his features. "Do I have spinach in my teeth?" he asks quickly, scraping his front teeth.

"No," I chuckle. "Sorry, nevermind. Now, what can I do for you?"

"I, uh, I'm new and don't really know what's going on." Of course, this hot ass man would sit behind the only gay person in the entire school. Okay, so, that may have been a bit of an exaggeration.

"Oh right, yeah," I answer, turning my body around fully and straddling the chair. "You just have to read a book of your choice and then make connections with one or two other ones in the class." He nods along as I point to parts of the rubric.

"So, is this partner work?"

"Not really. I mean you do all the work by yourself, you just relate it to someone else's book." I bring mine over in front of him and motion to it. "We can connect ours if you want. You're welcome to come to my house and maybe we can work on it together," I offer, craving more time with this perfect piece of human. Hot damn, and this is Mike's cousin why couldn't Mike look like this? I mean he's okay, but not my type at all. Now Victor? He is definitely my type. I think I'm already forming a small crush on him. Shit, but he's Mike's cousin.

*Vic's P.O.V.*
"Uh, I guess that would be okay." This kid seems nice enough. "Thanks... um, what was your name again?"

"Oh, right. Kellin. Kellin Quinn. And you're Victor," he answers, leaning forward against the back of his chair. How in the Hell does he know that? "I uh, yeah, I go by Vic." I put my hand out to him out of instinct, but then remember I'm a teen and quickly morf it into a fist. He chuckles and bumps it, turning around for a moment before coming right back. He picks his book up from my desk, smiling shyly and spinning to face the front again.

"Are you Mike's cousin?" he asks, pretending to look over a page.

"Mm-hmm," I answer, pulling out some lined paper from my bag and jotting down the name of his book.

"Oh," he mumbles quietly. The teacher glares at him and I almost burst out laughing.

"You might want to lower you voice if you want to keep talking," I say to him, practically whispering.

"Do you want to keep talking?" he asks, still far too loud and Mis Jardine clears her throat. I chuckle to myself and try to figure out if I want to keep talking or not. I mean he's nice and I'm bored as shit, having nothing to do but talk to him. The only thing holding me back is the possibility of getting in trouble and maybe even getting me fired; yeah, I'm not fond of that. I figure that it may be worth the risk though. I mean, the worst I could get is detention and even that I highly doubt.

"Yeah, I kinda do," I finally answer, keeping my voice just above a whisper.

"Good," he replies, and I can hear the smile in his voice. I have to admit, it's nice to already have made a friend. Then it occurs to me, he was expecting my arrival.

"How do you know Mike?" I ask.

"Oh, we've been friends since he moved here like... a year and a bit ago." He seriously needs to lower his voice or Mis Jardine is going to come over here.

"Oh. Funny he never said anything about you." I then realize that was such a rude thing to say. "Shit, I mean, he doesn't talk about friends in general. Oh fuck, I just swore. Crap I did it again." And now I'm a nervous, rambling wreck. All I hear in front of me are giggles. Oh God, did I just corrupt him or something? Did I swear when I was his age? Gosh I don't even remember. High school is all mushed together in my mind.

"You can swear you know. It's not going to kill you, they're just words." He still giggles a little and yes, I do mean giggle. It's high pitched and adorable. Like a little five-year-old in pigtails.

"Well, I'm new I don't really know how everything works around here," I whine, finding myself subconsciously leaning closer to him, it's as if he pulls me in like some sort of Vic-magnet.

"You make us sound like a different species," he chuckles, regaining composure when the teacher gives us a stern look. "We're still the same as wherever you came from. Unless you're from Mars or something."

I actually laugh at that, earning a, "Victor, Kellin," from the teacher.

"I'm from San Diego, so, it is definitely Mars compared to this." Kellin laughs loudly at that, and much to my dismay the teacher has had enough and moved him to the front row. He turns to me every few minutes, winking and smiling. Wow, that is one hell of a smile. I swear that thing could win awards. The worst part is, he knows it too.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

671 48 13
Kellin is a seventeen year old, whimsical, quirky, loving and openly gay, also he's a victim of bullying. It's effecting his self image only he's try...
7.9K 545 24
Kellin Quinn is a new model just getting into the business, but a quick, lustful, hookup with famous male model Vic Fuentes, one night at a club...le...
106K 7.8K 31
(completed) kellin quinn is a boy with big secrets. he's sassy, funny, and always a pleasure to hang out with. he stays away from most people, until...
779 33 16
Kellin ran off to Cali from Michigan, from his parents. He needed things before he left though, meaning Jesse got what he wanted, Kellin to blow him...