Fated Rivals

By StarFusion77

Elijah(Eli) has always been competing with Grayson(Gray) for as long as he could remember. Whether it was gra... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Fated Rivals Info Page
Character Descriptions
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29

Chapter 9

6.5K 216 74
By StarFusion77

*** 5 YEARS LATER ***

Elijah's POV

BEEP-BEEP. BEEP-BEEP. BEEP-BEEP.

Uuuuuuuuuuuuugh. Let me sleep in peace!

I slap my hand around my night stand until I finally hit the off button on my alarm clock. Why does school have to start so early? It's like they want us to fall asleep in class. I roll over in bed and slowly sink back into my slumber. "Elijah that is the third time your alarm has gone off! You better be up and ready in the next five minutes or I'm waking you up myself!" my dad yells from down stairs. The last time he woke me up I ended up soaked in ice cold water, so that's my cue to get up.

I grab a dark purple t-shirt and black skinny jeans and head towards the bathroom for a shower. After freshening up I dry my wavy hair, toss on my clothes, and go down stairs for breakfast. "Morning mom and dad," I say sauntering into the kitchen. "Oh, so you're finally awake. I thought I'd have to prepare the ice water again," dad says, packing up for work. He works as the local handy man for the pack while my mom is able to stay at home. Whether it's plumbing or electrical problems he's the one everyone calls first. Mostly because the other members who have the same job as him are shit at it.

"Hey, give me a break. I was up late studying like a good little student." Mom laughs and hands me a breakfast sandwich and my bookbag. "Well mister genius, you're running late so breakfast will be to-go today," she says. "Thanks mom." I give her a quick kiss on the cheek, throw on my grey jacket, and step out into the crisp autumn air. Atlantis is waiting outside in her car with Milo and I hop in. Atlantis is wearing her usual plaid shirt and jeans combo; her chestnut brown hair is in a loose ponytail. Milo is wearing his big round glasses, black leggings, and one of his hoodies that always seems to be a bit too big on him.

"Late night again?" she asks backing out of the drive way.

"It's not my fault that I had to study late for the surprise test today," I say, enjoying my sandwich.

"Yes, it is because the test was not a surprise. You had all week!" Milo says.

"Wellthen, I was surprised by how fast a week can go by," I say, shrugging. Milojust sighs and Atlantis shakes her head. To be honest, we're all surprised thatI'm still able to stay a straight-B student with the irregular study schedule Ihave. Soon Atlantis is parking into the senior lot littered with multi-coloredfall leaves at Feral High School. There are still a few students hangingoutside, so that's a good sign.

"You're lucky we're not be late again because of you. Honestly if I wasn't so nice, you'd still be riding the bus," Atlantis says.

"Aww, come on Tissy, school only started a month ago so teachers aren't THAT concerned about attendance. Besides, you know you love me," I say as we leave the parking lot.

She growls at me, "Don't call me that." I can't help but laugh as we all split ways to head towards our classes. Now comes the hard part. Getting through the school day with as little confrontations as possible. There's no time to head to my locker so I head to my classes, avoiding most of the mainstream jocks and dominant bullies at school. I'm technically a jock too, since I'm in the volleyball club, but my team isn't full of assholes. Surprisingly enough I'm not the only omega on it either, there are three others who found this sport easier to join like me. Though because of that some students don't consider it to be a "real sport" since omegas play it. Fucking pricks.

I get through the first three classes before I have to go to my locker to switch out books before lunch. Try as I might to be quick with the exchange, it's still long enough for THEM to appear. Gray and his group of knotheads come sauntering down the hall chanting and howling while receiving some howls in return. Rolling my eyes, I close my locker and try to casually sneak past them. I'm almost in the clear until one of them trailing in the back shoulders me harshly.

"Watch where you're going asshole!" I growl.

"What did you say to me omega trash?!" the jerk says shoving me into the lockers. He's just a beta so I could take him easily, but that will draw attention from the others in the group and I don't feel like taking on all of them. I grit my teeth and look down at the floor. I HATE submitting to others.

"Nothing."

"That's what I thought, breeder." He gives me one more shove before jogging off to catch up to the others. I huff in frustration and head towards the cafeteria where my friends are.

*****

"So, who was it this time," Milo says pulling out his homemade lunch. As always it looks super cute and organized in his lunch box, while he also has tons of sweets filling up his bookbag for later. I swear he's going to end up with ten cavities one day. "How did you know something happened?" I say, munching on my overly greasy school pizza. Ugh, they put enough grease on these for two pizzas.

"Because you've had that annoyed looking expression on your face since we sat down."

"Well, if you MUST know, it was some loser beta from Gray's group. And again, I couldn't do anything!"

"I know your upset but look on the bright side. At least you aren't being suspended for fighting. Unlike somebody," Milo says glaring at Atlantis.

"Hey that alpha chick started it! She was trying to act all high and mighty, so I put her in her place," Atlantis retorts.

"She ended up having a dislocated shoulder!"

"Nice," I say, fist bumping with her.

"No, don't encourage the bad behavior! Honestly where's Beth when you need her," Milo sighs. Beth (Macbeth is her full name) is the newest addition to our group. She's a theater geek that Milo met in his class and somehow fit in perfectly with us. Probably because she's a beta which balances out our chaotic personalities.

"She's auditioning for that role in the Hairspray musical. I'm sure she'll get the part as long as no one says her full name like last time." Beth is a great actress, like her mom, so I don't know why her parents cursed her with the name Macbeth. You would think that we were being paranoid if we hadn't seen what happened the last time her full name was said on stage. Let's just say that it took a whole month to re-build the set for the Legally Blonde musical.

"Well, not to make this conversation worse but, we still need to go shopping today for our outfits to wear at Gray's b-day party next Friday," Milo says. I instantly start groaning. Why did we have to go to that prick's party? "You know there's no getting out of it, the whole pack has to be there for the crowning of the new head alpha and discovery of the future Luna," Atlantis says, shoveling salad into her mouth. I mean yes, getting a new head alpha is a big deal but this is Gray we're talking! Thankfully he won't be in charge fully until he mates with his Luna and receives his full abilities. However, shit will hit the fan real quick with him in charge, since he barely takes anything seriously. I really do pity the poor person who becomes his Luna.

"Well on the bright side at least Eris will be there too," Milo says, then giggles when he sees me start to blush. Okay so MAYBE this won't be SO bad. Eris is a beta that I might have been interested in for a while now but haven't worked up the courage to ask out. It's not because I'm not confident in my looks, trust me I look amazing, but I am worried that she won't even give me a chance because I'm an omega.

Ooooooh somebody has a cruuuuush.

Shut up! You probably have one too, as flirty as you are.

I do.

Really? Who?

Spark starts to giggle in my mind. Our soulmate.

Ah you mean the mysterious soulmate that you won't tell me the identity of.

Yep. And trust me, I would tell you but even I won't know for sure until either you or they turn eighteen sweetheart.

Whatever.

"I still don't get why we have to get new clothes for the occasion, everyone's just going to get trashed once the adults leave. Plus, we won't be there for long; at the most fifteen minutes. We can just wear our regular clothes," I whine.

"Well first off, no we can't, head alpha Alexander wants everyone to dress their best BECAUSE this is a big deal. Also don't hate on shopping, it will be fun," Milo says.

"You just want an excuse to go to the mall and impulse shop."

"Okay so maybe there are a few outfits that I've been eyeing for a while... but that's beside the point! Don't worry this will be fun!"

*****

"Oooooo, look at this one it's SO SOFT!" Milo says, picking up the hundredth plushie in this glitter bomb of a store. Right now, we're trapped in Milo's favorite store Sparkle Island, and even though we tried to avoid this place as much as possible he somehow got attracted to it. I swear, they keep changing location every time just to make us suffer. This is the usual shopping paradise for girl betas, gammas, and omegas a like; since there's tons of sickeningly cute and soft stuff for nests and children. I literally had to stop myself from checking out the types of fuzzy blankets here, TWICE. This place is totally brainwashing its customers.

But they're so soooffftt!

Oh no, not you too!

"Milo, no. We still need to go look for our party outfits. Besides, you already have like twenty other cute things in your shopping cart!" Atlantis says crossing her arms.

"But I waaaant iiiiiit."

"No, means no! You still need SOME money left to buy your outfit, so let's go to checkout. NOW. Eli, please go get Beth before she tries to "test out" the face paints again." She grabs Milo and drags him to the front counter, while I'm stuck quickly cleaning Beth's face of bright blue gunk and re-stacking the display. Atlantis was able to get rid of half the plushies Milo picked up so he didn't spend a fortune in there. Man, it's like babysitting children when these two are in here. Thankfully once we left Milo and Beth were back to normal.

"Okay, so, where to next. There are the usual big stores that have old people clothes, the popular and overrated stores, a few kiosks... Oh! There is a really fancy tuxedo store near the food court, however I'm pretty sure it is out of our price range," Beth says.

"I think I'll just stick to my usual store. The thrift store," Atlantis says.

"Ew, no. Every leading lady needs a proper costume, or else the illusion is broken. Also, you don't know where that stuff has been," Beth says, scrunching up her freckled nose.

"Whaaaat. No, that's what gives thrift stores their mystery and culture; you never find the same thing twice and there's always new junk to look at."

"Gross, no today we are all trying something new. A stage buddy of mine recommended this new place called Fancy Livin' for gorgeous clothes at low deals; so, let us journey to our new location!"

"Ugh, fine but I doubt I'll find anything interesting."

"Actually, I'm gonna head to the food court real quick. School lunches don't really fill me up," I say.

"Okay we'll meet you at Fancy Livin'. Oh, and bring me back a strawberry milkshake, please!" Milo says as they walk away, arguing whether or not you can bring drinks into the store.

I make my way down one of the branching walkways to the food court; it's not super packed, since it's Thursday, but there's still a lot of teens here. They're all probably here for the same reason that we are since the party is next week and many females want to look there best. Just in case they're "lucky" enough to be the royal knothead's Luna. I hope they're prepared for what that entails, because from what Atlantis's father has told us the Luna will have to help the head alpha with lots of battles as well as be kind and motherly to everyone in the pack. I walk up to my favorite sub shop and order my usual, then sit at a nearby empty table to enjoy my second lunch.

Finishing up my meal I'm about to go get Milo's milkshake when someone roughly bumps into me. Seriously, has everyone gone blind today or something? "Hey, watch it!" I snap at the person. Unfortunately for me the person that bumped into me (accidently or on porpose we'll never know) was Luke, who also has the rest of Gray's idiots following behind him. Great. My wolf starts to growl in my head immediately. 

"Ooooh, well if it isn't our resident tough bitch, Eli. And here I thought that that horrible scent was from the trash can over there," Luke says, earning a few chuckles from the others. Honestly this town, despite holding the biggest pack in the area, feels really small sometimes.

"Don't you have some betas to go molest or something?" I say, crossing my arms.

"Don't you have an alpha to go suck off somewhere. Oh wait, that's right no alpha with a working brain would ever want a defective omega like you."

"Funny of you to assume that any alpha actually has a working brain. Now move, I have places to be besides here," I say, walking past him. I feel him grab my wrist, big mistake buddy. "The fuck you say bi-" I cut him off by maneuvering out of his grip and painfully twisting his hand away. The good news is that I feel a bit better now, the bad news is now the rest of his squad is surrounding me and ready to pounce. Well bring it on, might as well teach them a lesson too.

"WHAT'S GOING ON HERE?"

I flinch hearing the alpha voice but quickly recover realizing who it came from. The surrounding group backs away as Gray makes his way over to us with Victor following behind him. Gray is one of those people you hope will grow up to be super ugly, like Luke, but ends up doing the complete opposite. We lock eyes for a split second before he turns to address the group. Weirdo. "We were just teaching this omega a lesson Gray," Luke says rubbing his sore wrist.

"Huh, well while you're here starting fights some betas are over there talking to your girlfriend." He points to the "flirting" duo on the other side of the food court.

"WHAT?! Let's go boys!" The knothead squad leaves to go cause more trouble with poor Victor in tow, making sure that they don't get to out of hand. To be honest, Victor is the only alpha I like at school. Mostly because he doesn't talk much and keeps to himself. However, for some reason Gray is still here. "Um, what do you want?" I say tossing my trash into the nearest garbage can.

"Sheesh, and here I was wanting to make sure that you're okay," Gray says smirking.

"I was, until you showed up and put me into a shitty mood. So, do me a favor and go back to your groupies." I make my way over to the ice cream parlor, since I still need to get Milo's milkshake.

Gray lets out a bitter laugh and follows me. Great. "Well excuse me for intervening, since you definitely had the situation under control," Gray says.

I place my order and pay before facing him. "Yes. I did. But I guess thick headed alphas like you wouldn't be able to comprehend the idea that an omega can defend themselves. Besides, don't you think using your alpha voice is a bit over kill." This milkshake better be worth the extra time I have to spend with this jerk.

"With you, I never know what to expect, so I might as well end the conflict before you embarrass yourself. And I'm just getting my practice in with my voice too, since I'll be head alpha soon."

"That's right. Soon this pack will be falling into ruin. Welp, might as well start packing now."

Gray shows a slightly hurt expression before quickly replacing it with his usual smirk. Did my comment get to him? No way, I'm just imagining things. "Please, if anything I'll be the best leader this pack has ever seen. Plus, you get the amazing honor of seeing me be praised as the new leader next Friday."

"Trust me I would rather rip out my finger nails then be at your lame ass party; if I wasn't required to come."

"Oof, if I were you, I wouldn't be so bitchy towards me for long. When I'm in charge, runts like you will have to respect me."

"Respect isn't something that's just given to you on a silver platter, jackass, it's earned," I say glaring at him. FINALLY, the milkshake is ready and I quickly grab it, a straw, and some napkins (just in case). "Well as much as I love talking to you, I don't. So, bye." Before he can get another word out, I quickly leave the food court and make my way to that new store.

*****

This new store Fancy Livin' looks like it's attempting to look fancy but you can tell it's pretty cheap, even in the decor. It's even set up like one those high-end bridal shops to fool you; with lots of places to sit and tons of mirrors. I make my way to Milo and Beth who are chatting on one of the couches, probably waiting for Atlantis to change.

"This better be the best damn milkshake on the moon goddess's green earth for what I had to deal with," I say handing it to a confused but excited looking Milo. He starts to hungerly slurp the whole thing down so it's up to Beth to ask what's wrong. "You look as pissed as Scrooge on Christmas. What's wrong?"

"Gray, and the fact that he exists. I ran into him at the food court because Luke's dumbass wanted to start a fight with me," I sigh, plopping down next to her.

"Really? Did he want to fight you too?"

"No, he actually came over to stop the fight even though I already had it covered."

"And... that's bad?"

"Yes! He just wanted to be a show off and use his alpha voice. I don't need to be saved by anyone, especially him-"

"Aaaaahhh!"

We both practically jump out of our skins as Milo yells next to us holding his head from his sudden brain freeze. Well great now everyone in the shop is glaring at us. "What's wrong, I heard shouting?!" Atlantis says rushing out in a formal looking suit. "Nothing Milo's being dramatic as usual," I say settling back into the couch.

"Hey! The only dramatic person here is Beth, not me!" Milo retorts.

"As true as that may be, I take offence to that!" Beth says, flicking Milo's arm.

"Ouch!"

"Sshhhh! We're going to be kicked out at this rate. Now all of you cut it out!" Atlantis says.

"Hey what did I do?" I ask.

Atlantis just shakes her head and walks to one of the nearby mirrors to fix her jacket. Her suit is pretty form fitting, the pants and jacket are black with a red dress shirt under it. Even though she's not much for shopping I know that Atlantis does put effort into her outfits when she wants to, and this suit is no exception. "So, what do you guys think?" she asks. We all shower with compliments on how fierce and sexy she looks, and she goes back into the changing room beaming with pride.

"So, what outfits did you guys choose?" I ask. Both of them start to giggle and excitedly skip over to a hook holding their outfits, coming back with their choices. Beth's outfit is a square neck dark green short sleeve dress. "That will definitely compliment your crazy red hair Beth, good choice."

"Thanks, I thought so too," she says smiling, braces on full display.

Milo's outfit is formal navy-blue sleeveless v-neck halter jumpsuit. "Cool outfit dude, however I'm going to have a hard time chasing away the whole pack from flirting with you.

"Oh stop, you're spoiling me. But keep going," he says, so me and Beth start showering him with compliments until we're all laughing.

"Okay, ready to go?" Atlantis says, walking back to us in her normal clothes.

"Wait, Eli hasn't picked out an outfit yet," Beth says.

"I'm just gonna wear the black dress pants and white button up I have at home," I say. Beth and Milo start booing while Atlantis goes to pay for her suit, probably wanting to get it before we're probably kicked out for disturbing the peace or some shit.

"Okay, okay fine!" I say looking around the store for something to add to my "boring" outfit choice. "How about I wear this formal black vest and a gold tie with my outfit. Will that please you fashionistas?" They both look at each other before looking back at me and giving a nod of approval. "Great, now let's go check out." Here's to hoping that the forty dollars in my wallet will cover for this.

**Yay 7 pages this time (in Microsoft)! Sorry for taking solong, making longer chapters is harder than I thought. But it's worth it for mycute boys! Anyways, hope you're still enjoying the story! 😊 

***EDIT: Had to change a slight detail due to further research. Eli is now in the volleyball club instead of the team.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

885K 44.6K 187
Almost two centuries had passed since vampires emerged from the shadows. After declaring themselves as the dominant species and for all humans to be...
191K 6.7K 15
[NOTICE BEFORE READING] This story is currently being remade. I will not be posting any more chapters in this story but I may post any notices that c...
69.1K 3.1K 134
[[MATURE CONTENT]] Pack, family, mate. Loyalty, respect, honor. These are the words that form the foundation of the wolf society. At six years old, E...
878K 42.1K 39
(BOOK 1) Drew Lyall knew his life would be full of obstacles. It was the fate he shared with all of the Omegas. Even though he knew the unlikelihood...