The City Comes Alive When We'...

By ughabuggabandlife

Gwendolyn takes her chances and decides maybe it's best she wasn't here, when Alex Gaskarth happens to drive... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35 part I
Chapter 36 part II
Chapter 37 (epilogue)
Authors note c:

Chapter 23

1.3K 49 2
By ughabuggabandlife

•sorry more time skips, but anyway I want to make this like a fun type of chapter, so I hope you enjoy•

*two weeks later*

Gwendolyn

The light seemed to be extra bright today when I woke up. Like it decided 'hey let's pour into Gwen's bunk and annoy her' but when I opened my eyes I realized that I wasn't in my bunk, I was in the back lounge cuddling with Alex, he looked cute when he was sleeping. I mean that in the least creepiest way possible. My head was pounding and my eyes hurt. I was definitely hung over and I didn't remember a thing about last night. That's what sucks about getting drunk, your memory is just gone the next day. It's just annoying because people could be like "totes awesome party bruh!" And you could be like "I don't even remember my name." It's difficult.

After I washed up I walked to the front lounge where I saw no one awake. Jack was on the floor. I actually tapped him with my foot, he looked dead. I was worried. Rian was hanging upside down on the couch snoring. Zack was in the little kitchenette with whipped cream all over him. What the hell happened last night. I heard Jack groan and saw him roll over on the floor. He snapped his eyes open, but soon closed them and winced.

"Close the curtains." He whined covering his eye with his hands. He slowly peeked open his eyes and looked at me. He soon started smirking and laughing. I didn't understand.

"You and Alex man, keep it down, jeez." He laughed. My cheeks flushed and I looked down at the ground finding the pattern really interesting.

"You heard that?" I whispered. I didn't even know it went that far last night. I didn't remember anything.

"I'd be surprised if no one heard it." Well shit.

"You're just jealous that you can't make a girl react like that Jack." I heard Alex croak from the bunk area.

"Can you not? I don't know if I'm comfortable with you guys talking about my sex life." I said and put a hand on my hip.

"Yeah well your sex life is with me so it's ok for me to talk about." Alex sassed and mimicked my posture of putting a hand on his hip.

"Ooooo Shots fired! He KILLED you Gwen!" Jack yelled but then said a quick 'ow' after.

I scoffed and turned away from Alex going into the little kitchen, but soon poked my head back into the lounge and smiled deviously "yeah but you don't necessarily complain either, last time I checked I can deny you anything." His cocky smile and sassy like posture faded and he now had a serious look on his face.

"Oh c'mon, alright, alright, let's talk about this." He pleaded and walked forward. He stopped and squinted his eyes "this is a test right? Well I bet I can last longer than you." He challenged and crossed his arms.

"Oh really is that a dare." I said and leaned on my good leg.

His eyes widened probably with realization of what he said but he relaxed and had the same cocky smile. "It so is a dare." He said.

"Well I accept," I said and held out my hand "don't just stand there shake it!" He looked at my hand and finally grabbed it and walked away to get ready for the day.

"How long do you think he'll last?" Jack asked from the floor. I shrugged and walked away.

"I give him 6 hours!" He yelled.

"I can hear you!" Alex yelled from the bunk area. I laughed and grabbed my clothes. I was going to kill his hormones today.

I dressed in waist high shorts and a tucked in tee shirt. Alex loved when I wore red lipstick and had my hair up, so that's exactly what I did. When I walked out the bathroom and saw him waiting his jaw dropped.

"That soooo isn't fair Gwendolyn Dahlia Holloway." He said. I shrugged and walked past him.

"I didn't hear anything about setting boundaries Alexander William Gaskarth." I teased and walked away. I heard him groan and that caused me to smile. I was definitely going to win this.

"You're a strong boy Alex, you can last!" I yelled and walked out of the bus. For some reason I just wanted to walk around warped today. Enjoy a change in scenery I guess.

"Oh my god! Is that Gwen Holloway!" I spun around and there was a group of girls smiling and one screamed. They all ran forward and I heard a whole bunch of questions "can you sign this?" Or "are you really Alex Gaskarth's girlfriend?" Or "what's it like." I wasn't used to all of this attention. I didn't know that I was known.

I think I signed 12 pieces of paper today. I don't know. Those girls were really nice, then came the mean girls. Not like the movie, they just saw me and gave me dirty looks or whispered something to their friends. They looked like 12 so they needed to stop. So it didn't really bother me like it would bother most band member girlfriends/wives.

"HEY GWEN!" I turned around and saw Alex and Jack walking towards me at a fast pace. I decided to meet them half way and started walking.

"So I thought that your leg is healing good and thought that maybe you'd like to watch side stage today?" Jack said and put his arm around me. Alex wouldn't say anything because he was to busy drooling. I'm liking this already.

"Watching you guys has nothing to do with my leg, but yes I will." I answered and walked with them. I looked at Alex an grabbed his hand.

"It's been," Jack looked down at his phone and smiled "an hour and a half and you've already managed to turn him on." Jack finished with a laugh.

"Who wouldn't be turned on by her?" Alex retorted and rolled his eyes. He was being extra sassy today.

"ALEX!! JACK!!" We all turned around to see Matt coming towards us. He looked in a rush.

"I've been looking for you guys everywhere! Now c'mon go go go you're on in 10 minutes!" He yelled and pushed Alex and Jack towards the stage.

Matt pushed us the whole way there until Alex was being handed a guitar and I was sitting on side stage.

The set went on without a problem, Alex and Jack made dick jokes, I think they broke stuff to. The amount of bras thrown on stage definitely scared me. I didn't know girls could be that forward. Jack even put on one of the bras and wore it for the rest of the set.

"This is our last song." Alex said breathless.

"AND I WANNA HEAR YOU SEXY MOTHERFUCKERS SINGING ALONG!" Alex yelled. The crowd screamed louder then they did through the whole set and I smiled.

I got you picture I'm coming with you dear Maria count me in

There's a story at the bottom of this bottle and I'm the pen.

I swayed back and forth to the song and watched as Alex ran back and forth with the microphone and running back to the microphone stand to place it back to play his guitar.

"THANK YOU! You guys are an amazing crowd." He said as he walked off the stage. He opened his arms and started towards me

"Oh no you don't." I said and fast walked away from him.

"After you shower." I said and pinched my nose. He pouted and quickly shrugged and grabbed my hand and walked back to the bus.

He went into the shower and I was left sitting there reading a book. I don't know what book, just a book.

After about a half an hour Alex walked back out with a towel hung around his hips and wet hair all over the place. He gave me a strange look and looked at the book "Why are you reading Pride & Prejudice?"

I looked at the cover and shrugged "I don't even think I was reading it, I don't even know." I said and closed the book. He smiled and walked towards me.

"You know?" He said as he walked closer.

"You look hot with red lipstick on," he started. As soon as he started with the comments I knew what he was doing. He was trying to get me to kiss him first so that he could blame me for not lasting. Clever Gaskarth.

"And when your hair is up...wow," he continued and inched closer.

"Is there a reason why you're doing this?" I asked as our faces were mere inches apart. He smiled "because Jack was right. How long has it been?" I looked over at the clock hanging on the wall and when I looked back he was smiling. "Four hours." I answered shakily. The close proximity was making me really nervous.

He backed up a little and smirked. "Wait why'd you back up?" I whined.

"Because I don't think I can control myself." He said with a shrug "you're just so damn hot." He said.

"That's ok!" I said quickly. Maybe I said that to quickly and to enthusiastically. He raised an eyebrow and turned towards me. I wasn't expecting it, but the next move he made was closing the growing gap between us and pushing me against the wall. "Looks like we both lost." He said and kissed me.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

121K 2.5K 27
Alice Barakat, Jack Barakat's "little" sister by an hour, moves back in with Jack and her mom when she finds out that her dad is remarrying...
100K 1.4K 36
In life you need to expect the unexpected, but how do you tell somebody, a virtual stranger, something that is going to change them forever? How do y...
22.7K 293 16
When Kayleighs mum kicks her out, she is left with no where to go.. until a stranger on the street takes her in. As Kayleigh and this stranger grow c...
416K 13.1K 37
Finley has had a lot of loss in her life; that's what landed her in foster care. She's given up on leaving, and wanting to leave, but then she meets...