[Book 1] M. L. M. I. (My love...

By enaganda

She dreamt of meeting her just once. But who knew that fate will not just let them meet in person, but to bec... More

Prologue
CH1 - Reaching out for your dreams
CH2 - Time to shine
CH3 - Encounter
CH4 - Decision
CH5 - Meetups
CH6 - First Round
CH7 - Normality
CH8 - Getting There
CH9 - Validation
CH10 - The start of something new
CH11 - Depth
CH12 - Realizations
CH13 - Next Round
CH14 - Performance
CH15 - Results
CH16 - Party
CH17 - Drunk
CH18 - After Party
CH19 - Subsequent
CH20 - Kindle
CH21 - Routine
CH22 - Welcome Home
CH23 - Confession
CH24 - Truths and a Lie
CH25 - New Normal
CH26 - Getting Ready
CH27 - Unexpected Move
CH28 - True Feelings
CH29 - Confrontation
CH30 - Intimate
CH31 - Socialize
CH32 - Jealousy
CH33 - Warning
CH34 - Back to the New Normal
CH35 - Breaking Point
CH36 - Disappointing Result
CH37 - Breaking News
CH38 - Announcement
CH39 - Lost In Love
CH40 - Found yet still lost
CH42 - Surprise
CH43 - The Gift
Epilogue
Author's Note

CH41 - Update

280 12 0
By enaganda

The Chiens had spent all their four day vacation with Ellie in Austin, Texas. Though they did not visit places other than the attractions in Omni Barton Creek, the three had fully enjoyed their trip as it was spent together with the person they want to be with.

But as the saying goes, all good things must come to an end. Lea together with her husband and daughter Nicole, have to go back now to the Philippines. The Broadway star insisted for El to just stay at the resort and not to come bring them to the airport as the latter still have some stuff to take care of, with the competition she joined in and with all of her doctor appointments. 

El regrets not to be able to send them off but the Chiens assured them that it's not her task after all. The teenager wouldn't let go of her Ate El even at the last minute they checked out from the resort. 

"You promise you'll be back right?" The kid asked El with her puppy eyes.

"Of course, I will." Ellie took out something from her bag as she hands it over to the kid.

"This is your Nintendo Switch.." Nicole said as soon as the young woman handed her console game over to her.

"Yep. I'm giving it to you since yours is broken. That way you'll always remember me while I'm not yet back." The teenager hugged and thanked her as Lea and Rob just smiled at their sight.

"And once I'm back, I'll be giving you something nicer as a pasalubong." (as a gift)

"You don't have to give me anything, as long as you make sure you'll be back in no time." Nicole said.

"Don't worry. In two months time, I'll visit you first thing. So, what do you want me to buy for you?"

"Hmm. I'd like an adventure time skateboard." Nicole grinned as she lets go of Ellie.

"Okay. Noted." Smiled the young woman who then bids goodbye to the two adults. 

Before they finally took off, Rob decided to take some selfies and group photos with El. He knows that once they're back in the Philippines his wife and daughter would want to look back on these memories they have with Ellie. He took photos of El together with Nicole as they pose for different kind of shots. Lea had asked him to take a photo of them as well. After the coach-artist pairing, they asked one of the resort staff to take a photo of them four together. It was such a beautiful shot that it makes Ellie looks like a part of their own family.

As they look at the gallery of the shots, Lea can't help but ask El to have her permission to post the photo.

"Do you mind if I post this and let people know?" 

Ellie knows that her social media would once again burst with people asking her where she is and bombard her with questions and well wishes. But looking at her coach's pleading face, she could not dare say no. 

"Sure."

And with that the three have given their final goodbye to the talented young woman. They hugged her one last time before getting in the car that would bring them to the airport. Lea hugged her tightly as she kissed her protege on her cheeks. 

"Get better soon. I'll be waiting for you." 

----------------------------------

As they are on their way to the airport Rob can't seem to notice the sadness in the eyes of both his daughter and his wife. But it was the good kind of sad. 

"So I hope you guys have enjoyed our short vacation trip here."

"I did! I'm so glad we were able to see Ate El. I hope she comes back soon."

"She will. She promised you didn't she?" The man smiled assuring his daughter. He saw his wife staring at him sweetly.

"Thanks hon. Thank you so much for doing this." She gave her husband a kiss appreciating all his efforts in putting her mind at ease. Since now that she knows where El is, she could have better sleep in the upcoming days ahead. 

Having the permission from El to update everyone on how the latter's doing right now, Lea posted on her Instagram account their group photo that was taken earlier with a caption that aroused attention for all of her and Ellie's fans back at the Philippines:

"It's been nice to spend this 4-day vacation with you. Hope you'll be back soon @ElRaeMartinez . #AustinFilmFestival"

As always the Broadway star's post became viral in just a span of few minutes. People have been reacting, sharing and commenting on the said post. There has been no update from Ellie since the incident about her being hospitalized and now after few weeks, they'll be seeing this surprising post from Lea. 

---------------

People now have come to know and discover Ellie's career as a scriptwriter because of this post. Even the dramas she wrote for Korean channels such as SBS and KBS have now been showing in the Philippines as the local TV networks bought the rights to air them in Philippine local channels. 

Fans became more amazed with Ellie as how talented this woman is. She was not just pure beauty and brains. She has the talent that could put Philippines in the world stage of script writing.

Indeed she is worthy to be Lea's protege. Since both of them are raising the nation's flag to be recognized worldwide. 

---------------------------------------------

The public wasn't fully aware of the main reason why Ellie left the country. It was all going well with how El planned it to be until one of the medical personnel who works at the hospital she was confined before spilled the beans with one of the paparazzi.

So once again, headlines were filled with rumors about Ellie's real health condition. Numerous posts and tweets flooded both Lea's and Ellie's accounts asking them if the young woman had to leave the country to undergo a surgery.

Lea can't help but feel angry to whomever squealed this confidential information. She contacted her doctor friends that works in that same hospital to run some investigation on who that medical personnel was. 

As she's being flooded with inquiries on El's real health condition, the singer decided to call on the latter using face time to check how she's doing. 

"Hey El." She felt a little bit worried as she seen Ellie on her hospital gown.

"Hi Coach, what's up?"

"Just checking up with you. Are you not feeling well?" She asked in concern.

"Oh, I'm fine. My doctor just required me to run some tests in preparation for my surgery. How about you?"

"I'm all good." Lea's faint smile didn't go unnoticed with Ellie's observing eyes. 

"I bet you're having it difficult with all the news about me." 

But the singer just assured the young woman that everything's being taken care of and that she should not worry about anything else aside from her recovery. They continued having their conversation sharing what keeps them both busy.

After they ended their call, Ellie let out a deep sigh as she thinks about how tough it must be in Lea's shoes as she was the one being bombarded with all these issues about her. She decided then to make a public announcement once and for all to shut all the news down. After all, it was her fault escaping and hiding the truth from her fans. 

She posted a message on her twitter that has been shared and reached all of her fans and followers:

"I apologize if I haven't been fully honest about it. But as I find it important to have a full and fast recovery, and to not make the public worried, I decided to leave the country and have the surgery done here in the United States. Rest assured everything is fine with me and I'll be back in no time. Thank you for all your love and support."

As she finished posting this, she locked her phone screen as she tried to hang on to her chest. It was hurting and she finds it difficult to breathe. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1K 55 9
Know that we have met before and we will meet again.
13.5K 696 56
Faced with all adversities and her lover's marriage, how can the Broadway star fight for the love she has for Ellie? Will she be able to give up her...
1.6K 148 16
"No amount of bright lights will ever be able to fill in the void in your heart. You can surround yourself with people, but you'll never be anything...
232 29 23
She was too young, too innocent, and death didn't take her. She got another chance. Another, alternate future.