CH42 - Surprise

Few months have passed by and it's already time for Lea's birthday concert

Few months have passed by and it's already time for Lea's birthday concert. Fans have been looking forward to this event as it is the Broadway star's 50th birthday. 

Since it's her golden year, the birthday girl will not include special guests and will be performing solo for the whole night . It's her way of showing the audience that age is just a number and that would not hinder her for giving a world-class show. 

People had loved that idea as it means that they'll be hearing more of Lea for that night's concert but there are some who had hope that Ellie would be part of the set list . 

Though it has been more than two months than what she had promised, El is yet to be back in the Philippines. But Lea, Nicole and the fans who were expecting her return, understood the circumstances Ellie was in.

She might have only came in as a 2nd placer on the film festival competition, but there were a lot of work offers she got from international production companies, making her unable to return yet. 

As she hates breaking her own promise, she made it a point to give Lea and Nix daily updates and faced time them frequently so no matter how many miles they were apart, they could still see the young woman. 

And this still applies at the day of Lea's concert. The Broadway star is on her dressing room, being assisted by her make up artist as her phone rang. It was Ellie. She immediately answered the phone and placed it on standing position for them to see each other clearly as Lea's hair is being tend to.

"Hello!" Ellie cheerfully greeted.

"What a good timing there."

"Oh. Is it not a good time? Tonight's your concert right. I just called to congratulate you tho."

"Nah. It's fine. It would just be better if you were here. I mean how long is two months for you?"

Lea said in response. "Two months" has now become their inside joke since El is still unable to come back with her promise . 

"Hehe. Sorry. I'll make it up to you guys. Please send my regards to Nix."

"She's actually here. Nicole, your Ate El is on the phone, say hi.""

"Ate Ellie! *mwaah* Look at my island!" The teenager tried to show her ACNH screen with the Nintendo Switch she has given to the kid. 

"That's cute. Oh right, I won't keep you up. Good luck with the concert coach."

With that, the conversation had ended and it made the Broadway star's day as she got her daily dose of El. 

----------------------------------------

The concert started and went on smoothly as the Broadway star is being accompanied by the ABS Philharmonic Orchestra, which is being led by her own brother,  the renowned musical director and conductor Gerard Salonga.