CH30 - Intimate

"I don't want you to quit this competition

"I don't want you to quit this competition. Not ever."

That statement was the only thing she could remember as El became lost in thoughts. All she could see is that her coach; Lea Salonga had touched her lips using hers. 

She felt like she was in a total bliss. Her mind blanked out and the world felt like a whirlwind. Lea's kiss feels like an explosion of the best flavors in the world creating the best taste and sensation she has ever felt. Ellie feels like she's not on her own body anymore as if she's just in another universe, floating.

She doesn't know what happened next but all she could see is Lea freeing her face from her hands and is smiling next to her. She wakes up to reality as she hears her speak..

"I don't know but.. I kinda like you. I don't want you to quit so we can still be together at this show."

Lea hasn't realize what she has done. She just felt that it was the right thing to do at that moment. All she knows is that the kiss they've shared feels like soft rain in that summer evening. 

It was a polite, chaste kiss. No tongue, no groping and no gasping. But for her – it was just the most fantastic, endearing, sensuous kiss in the world. At the back of her mind, the Broadway star is being puzzled with her own feelings. She haven't had this kind of sensation even when she's kissing her own husband Rob.

Was it because El is a woman? Was it because there's a big age difference between them? Was it the idea of having an affair? Lea could not think of an answer to all of this. She loves her husband dearly. She loves their daughter so much. She loves her career and their family more than anything.

But Ellie is another thing. It's like this person is taking a bit of her soul and turning her into someone else. Still, she does not hate it. She's willing to welcome this new and unknown feeling she's starting to have. She wants to make an exception for this person. Lea is willing to explore the new world that is opening up to her with Ellie by her side. 

--------------------------------------------------

"This is kind of wrong.."

She had not expected to hear those words from El. She thought this woman loves her. Now that she has shown her budding feelings towards this girl, she gets to hear her rejection up front. Lea felt betrayed the second time for tonight.

"I thought you said you love me? Was it just a lie?" Lea's face became stern once again. 

"I do! That's why I think this is wrong.. You're a world class singer. And you have your own family.. I don't want to be the one that might put you into the wrong side of things.."

Lea felt a relief in hearing Ellie's explanation. The young woman was just concerned about her family and her image. Somehow, she feels happy knowing that Ellie is different from others. If it was a different person, more likely they would grab the opportunity to hook up with a famous celebrity like her. But Ellie does not. Her promising protege truly thinks about what's good for her idol. "She really is a good fan." Lea thought.