CH13 - Next Round

She had just finished checking her emails and making some revisions on her scripts when she noticed her phone beeped

Ellie turned off her laptop, grabbed her phone from the table then went straight to her room and sat on her bed. 

She was shocked to see the message banner on the phone's screen and she immediately opened it up to see the full message. 

Hey, this is Coach Lea. Were you able to get home safely? 

She wasn't really sure if the person who sent this was indeed THE Lea Salonga she knew. But with the question the sender asked, coincides with the interaction they just had earlier in the evening. She wasn't sure what to say but after a minute she replied to the message.

Hi coach. I did. Thanks for asking. I hope you were too.

After a few seconds her phone got another beep again.

Oh yeah. Got all you guys' number from Joy. Just making sure everyone got home alright.

Ellie could feel her heart beating so fast. This was yet another development on her relationship with her Idol. Who would've thought that before she was only watching her from afar, dreaming of seeing her in person and to take a picture with her. But now, she get to see her for few times already, speaking directly with her, listening to her voice with her own ears, even had dinner with her and to this point, sending private messages to one another.

Though she hasn't had any picture with her yet, but she thought she could try to get one on the next taping session.

—————

Another week had passed and it has come to the day for the knockout rounds to be taped.

Just as usual, Ellie came to the studio alone half an hour early from their call time. She went straight ahead to dressing room C, where all artists from Familea is to be gathered. There, she greeted all her other Familea contenders and said hello. She sat on one of the chairs on the corner as they were advised to wait as Coach Lea is still doing her makeup from her own dressing room.

As a routine, Ellie took out her phone from her pocket and tried checking her Facebook account. She was kind of thrilled when she saw that an "official fan page" account for her has been created by Lea's fans. All the members in Lea's fandom groups have been in full support for each Familea artist the Broadway star has.

Curious, she tried to check out the page herself and was so amazed that it already has a thousand followers..
"Boy, Coach Lea's fans can really move mountains." she thought.

Few more minutes of waiting and their very own coach came onto the room to check up on them. Lea had greeted everyone hello and bids them good luck. Before leaving the room to go on to the stage set, one of the staff asked Lea to have a commemorative photo with her artists before the actual elimination.

All of the aspiring singers gathered around Lea, including El who stood at the right end of the group.

As their coach left, they then was advised by staff member Joy to just stand by as their names will be called shortly for the performances.

————

The coaches took their usual spots. Coach Apl on the far left, then Coach Lea, followed by Coach Sarah and then Coach Bamboo on the far right.

They were already seated on their respective chairs as the cameramen make some last checks on their visuals to start off the recording.
They could hear the audience cheering for the coaches' name in which the celebrity judges waves back in return.

"Whew! Are you ready Ms. Lea?" Sarah asked excitedly.

"Yup! More than ever. I can't wait to hear everyone sing and give their all out for this."

"Yes. I'm excited to hear my babies too. Too bad we have to let go three of them today."

Overhearing this, Bamboo can't help but join in on their conversation.

"As for me, I might have to steal one of Coach Lea's artists just in case."

"Really Coach? Who might that be?" Sarah curiously asks.

Lea somehow started to feel uneasy. She thinks she knows whom coach Bamboo was talking about. Together with Sarah, she was waiting for the man's answer on who that artist might be.

"Well, I guess this would only be between us coaches. But in case that Coach Lea will not be picking Ellie Rae, I might press my button for her once more."

"Whaaaaat. I was also thinking the same thing coach." Sarah responded.

"The show is not even starting yet and you guys are already planning something behind my back. Haha. Curses." With that the coaches just laughed with each other as the host takes her place on the stage to start the taping.

Even though she humored the two coaches' thoughts of getting one of her artists, Lea won't let them get the chance to take Ellie away from her team. She has grown fondness to that talented girl and would like to keep her for herself so they could become more closer.