The Golden Pear [YA - Feature...

Por Witto150

When Freya Inuhakka, a burn survivor, receives a pear enchanted to give her either beauty, wisdom, or power... Más

♫~Author's Notes~♫
♫~Notes 01~♫
♫~Notes 02~♫
♫~Notes 03~♫
♫~Notes 04~♫
♫~Notes 05~♫
♫~Notes 06~♫
♫~Notes 07~♫
♫~Notes 08~♫
♫~Notes 09~♫
♫~Notes 10~♫
♫~Notes 11~♫
♫~Notes 12~♫
♫~Notes 13~♫
♫~Notes 14~♫
♫~Notes 15~♫
♫~Notes 16~♫
♫~Notes 17~♫
♫~Notes 18~♫
♫~Notes 19~♫
♫~Notes 20~♫
♫~Notes 21~♫
♫~Notes 22~♫
♫~Notes 23~♫
♫~Notes 24~♫
♫~Notes 25~♫
♫~Notes 26~♫
♫~Notes 27~♫
♫~Notes 28~♫
♫~Notes 29~♫
♫~Notes 30~♫
♫~Notes 31~♫
♫~Notes 32~♫
♫~Notes 33~♫
♫~Notes 34~♫
♫~Notes 35~♫
♫~Notes 36~♫
♫~Notes 37~♫
♫~Notes 39~♫
♫~Notes 40~♫
♫~Notes 41~♫
♫~Notes 42~♫
♫~Notes 43~♫
♫~Notes 44~♫
♫~Notes 45~♫
♫~Notes 46~♫
♫~Notes 47~♫
♫~Notes 48~♫
♫~Notes 49~♫
♫~Notes 50~♫
♫~Omake~♫
♫~Notes 51~♫
♫~Notes 52~♫
♫~Notes 53~♫
♫~Notes 54~♫
♫~Notes 55~♫
♫~Notes 56~♫
♫~Notes 57~♫
♫~Notes 58~♫
♫~Notes 59~♫
♫~Notes 60~♫
♫~Notes 61~♫
♫~Notes 62~♫
♫~Notes 63~♫
♫~Notes 64~♫
♫~Notes 65~♫
♫~Notes 66~♫
♫~Notes 67~♫
♫~Notes 68~♫
♫~Notes 69~♫
♫~Notes 70~♫
♫~Notes 71~♫
♫~Notes 72~♫
♫~Notes 73~♫
♫~Notes 74~♫
♫~Notes 75~♫
♫~Notes 76~♫
♫~Notes 77~♫
♫~Notes 78~♫
♫~Notes 79~♫
♫~Notes 80~♫
♫~Notes 81~♫
♫~Notes 82~♫
♫~Notes 83~♫
♫~Notes 84~♫
♫~Notes 85~♫
♫~Notes 86~♫
♫~Notes 87~♫
♫~Notes 88~♫
♫~Notes 89~♫
♫~Notes 90~♫
♫~Notes 91~♫
♫~Notes 92~♫
♫~Notes 93~♫
♫~Notes 94~♫
♫~Notes 95~♫
♫~Notes 96~♫
♫~Notes 97~♫
♫~Notes 98~♫
♫~Notes 99~♫
♫~Notes 100~♫
♫~Notes 101~♫
♫~Notes 102~♫
♫~Notes 103~♫
♫~Notes 104~♫
♫~Notes 105~♫
♫~Notes 106~♫
♫~Notes 107~♫
♫~Notes 108~♫
♫~Notes 109~♫
♫~Notes 110~♫
♫~Notes 111~♫
♫~Notes 112~♫
♫~Notes 113~♫
♫~Notes 114~♫
♫~Notes 115~♫
♫~Notes 116~♫
♫~Notes 117~♫
♫~Notes 118~♫
♫~Notes 119~♫
♫~Notes 120~♫
♫~Notes 121~♫
♫~Notes 122~♫
♫~Notes 123~♫
♫~Notes 124~♫
♫~Notes 125~♫
♫~Notes 126~♫
♫~Notes 127~♫
♫~Notes 128~♫
♫~Notes 129~♫
♫~Notes 130~♫
♫~Notes 131~♫
♫~Notes 132~♫
♫~Notes 133~♫
♫~Notes 134~♫
♫~Notes 135~♫
♫~Notes 136~♫
♫~Notes 137~♫
♫~Notes 138~♫
♫~Notes 139~♫
♫~Notes 140~♫
♫~Notes 141~♫
♫~Notes 142~♫
♫~Notes 143~♫
♫~Notes 144~♫
♫~Notes 145~♫
♫~Notes 146~♫
♫~Notes 147~♫
♫~Notes 148~♫
♫~Notes 149~♫
♫~Notes 150~♫
♫~Notes 151~♫
♫~AfterNote~♫
♫~Thank You~♫

♫~Notes 38~♫

44 10 21
Por Witto150

 "Thank you for your collaboration," a policeman said as she left the room.

She bowed, leaving. 'Finally, it's over.' Filling out the papers about the fire filled her with anxiety. Remembering old and fresh memories alike slowed down her writing process. Thankfully, the people around her were kind and understanding of her situation.

"Are you finished?" Kagetsu, who waited for her in the hall, asked.

She nodded, rubbing her eyes. All that filling tired her mind.

"Alright! Time for the fun part!" He waved his hand as if he was leading a group of scouts, earning a smile from her.

His never-ending energy jumped into Freya, and she hopped after him as if she was a small kid. After a few minutes, the girl made a question mark in the air.

"It's a secret." He flashed her a wide grin.

In the moment's spur, she shoved her finger in his armpits.

"Uah—Sneak attack!" He breathed out as his body shook with an uncontrollable desire to laugh. "No! Stop!"

Her fingers tickled him for a few more strokes before she showed him mercy.

Kagetsu bent down, holding his stomach and catching his breath. "Oh, crab! I need to pee." He clenched his tights, looking around.

'My bad!' Freya tugged his sleeve, pointing into a one-way side valley anybody rarely traveled, given the trash cans took most of the space.

"No way! We have public toilets for this!" His eyes spotted the desired building near the police station, and he dashed that way.

Freya followed him at a slower pace. 'Aren't boys okay with any place?' Rocking her brain, she remembered her boy classmates from elementary school, doing their business, big and small, behind trees or in bushes regardless of a nearby toilet.

Mumbling something about man's pride or that bowls are for girlies when she asked as a kid. 'Kagetsu... is a peculiar one.' A smile plastered across her face. 'In the kindest way possible.'

After he had left the public toilet, they headed toward the surprise. Before long, a screaming voice shattered the relaxing mood. Looking around, Kagetsu spotted an old woman, pushing her clenched hands against her chest as a dashing black ball of fur ran up a tree.

It was one of many places across the city where people could stop and spend time with their families and friends. Unless they met pests like rats or spiders.

"Somebody call rodent control!" the woman shrieked.

Kagetsu's eyebrows knitted as he paced toward the lone tree.

The rat stopped, sitting on a branch, visibly scared more than the yelling woman. Kagetsu shielded his eyes. "Are you okay?"

The woman turned toward him. "Why, thank you. I'm fine." She fluttered her eyelashes. "And they say teens nowadays know no manners."

"I wasn't talking to you," the boy replied without glancing at her.

The woman staggered a bit back, taken back by his bold statement. "What?"

He ignored her, jumping, and climbing the tree. "No, worries. That old lady can't hurt you." Swinging over the top branch, he sat across the trunk, smiling. "So, will you bite my head off for a cheesy joke?"

His teeth sparkled as he watched into the black beady eyes of the rodent. The rat didn't move. Either too tired, scared or perplexed by Kagetsu's strange behavior.

Freya looked from below, hearing the offended woman leaving with mumbles of how the world was better in her younger days. And by younger, she had to mean a century ago based on how deep her wrinkles were.

'Isn't it dangerous?' Freya stood there a few steps away from the tree, so she wouldn't strain her neck. 'It can bite, or it has some disease.'

"Watch out for wild animals," her father instructed her when they went fishing. "They may look cute and cuddly, but they can attack you."

"Why? I just want to be friends."

Her father gave her a sad smile. Back then, she didn't realize it, but he had a hard time answering it.

"Wild animals don't have manners or friends as we do. Humans often hurt them, so they stay clear of them. Touching a baby animal may cause them to lose their mother as they start to smell like a human."

Her eyes shot open. "Just from one pat?"

"Yes, even that is enough."

"I'm never petting any animal again!" Tears spurted into her eyes.

"No, no. That's okay. You can pet sheep or donkeys in a zoo, or when they have an owner. Those animals are used to humans."

Young Freya let out a deep sigh. "That's good. Their fluffiness is too tempting."

"It sure is!" He flashed her another smile.

Freya wiped a tear as the memory went with the moving clouds. Kagetsu climbed down, and she stepped back.

"What's wrong?"

She pointed at his shoulder.

He looked there, and the rat turned its head to stare into his eyes. "Um... Meow?" He repeated his possibly favorite phrase of confusion.

The rat moved, and he shivered as its long tail touched his neck from behind, and its whiskers send new waves of shivers.

Leaning its head, it stood on its hind legs and licked his face. Freya noticed it had white fur on its front legs and a white patch on its stomach.

"That tickles!" He giggled, his face turning away from the small rat. His fingers patted her tiny head. "Good girl."

Freya fished out a small notebook, writing down her questions. "Why it's so friendly? Isn't it a wild animal?"

"You think so?" The rat flattened her body, sprawling all over his shoulder while her tail wrapped around his neck. "Maybe she's lost."

"She?" Freya lifted her eyebrow.

"Yeah, I checked. Wanna pat her?"

Freya pushed the notebook against her chest. As a child, she played and petted cats, dogs, horses, donkeys, sheep, and even rabbits, but she had never touched a rat.

As if the rodent knew, they were talking about her, she lifted her head. Her whiskers shook, catching all kinds of smells. Her tiny claws dug into Kagetsu's T-shirt, leaning forward as if inviting Freya's fingers.

'They really are like pearls.' The big orbs shone under the sun.

Taking a gulp, Freya moved closer, stretching her hand. Shivers ran down her spine. Something was unnerving about the long tail. As if in a dream, other sounds stopped existing as the world shrug into a bubble around them.

Only a few centimeters divided her from the rodent's shivering whiskers.

"Let her smell you first."

Freya nodded absentmindedly, focusing on her breathing. Was it fear, sweating her body? Was it excitement from meeting a new, fluffy animal? Was it an expectation of—Her body froze.

The rat sniffled her fingertips, and within a second, it jumped, landing on her back of the hand. Its claws dug into her like small needles, the hind ones leaving white trails over her skin.

Freya sucked in air, expecting sharp pain in her neck. At the edge of her vision, the rat's long tail slashed. The shirt wrinkled under the rodent's body. Her brain screamed to toss the gross animal away. However, her body refused to move as if held by invisible strings of a greater scheme.

Something was coming.

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

923K 36.5K 162
I'm stuck on a remote island with the male leads in an R-19 novel. I possessed Margaret, the villainess destined to be killed by the male leads after...
597K 31.9K 115
Ever heard of the woman who suddenly appeared in a world filled with beastmen? You know, the place of walking hunky men showing off their bodies, ear...
560K 24K 87
After enduring years of pain as a consequence of being confined by my Yandere stepbrother, I was finally freed from my misery by an unfortunate house...
6.7K 175 57
A collection of my Spy School oneshots from AO3, featuring Alexander blowing up his kitchen, Erica going to kindergarten, and more.