Still

By No_Tanks

"And for a moment, the world went still." IN WHICH THE MANDALORIAN FALLS FOR A REBEL (THE MANDALORIAN) More

Still
.1
.2
.3
.4
.5
.6
.7
.8
.9
.10
.11
.12
.13
.14
.15
.16
.17
.18
.19
.20
.21
.22
.23
.24
.26
.27
.28
.29
.30
.31
.32
.33
.34
.35
.36
.37
.38
Book 2 (OUT NOW)

.25

5.1K 205 14
By No_Tanks

STILL
"
HYPERSPACE"

TODAY IS the day that Natalia decided she was done with the Mandalorian. The instant she got onto the transport her plan was to fuck up their plan and then fly the ship to it's destination, with the child of course. There she would get her own ship and travel to Yavin-4 to spend some time with her Dad and the Dameron's. 

Natalia despised these people. They were weird, and not the Cantina drunkies weird, but the psychotic weird. Natalia was certain X'ian wanted her dead. Every five seconds she'd look away from her knife balanced on her finger to Natalia and wink at her, hell one time she even hissed. Natalia also learned that the red guy with horns they call Burg and the Mandalorian hate each other. 

"Someone tell me why we even need this petty girl and a Mandalorian." Burg said as he gestured towards Natalia and the Mandalorian.

"Well apparently Mandalorians are the greatest warriors in the galaxy. As for her she's probably just Mando's side whore." The bald man, Natalia learned is called Mayfield, said.

A glare formed on Natalia's face and in a second she was standing up and her fist was colliding with Mayfield's face. He let out a groan and rubbed his jaw where Natalia had just punched him. "Watch your mouth." Natalia sneered, deepening her glare as she stared at him.

"Feisty." He commented, a small smile forming on his face as he looked past Natalia and over towards the Mandalorian. "I like her."

"If Mandalorians are such great warriors then why are they all dead?" Burg mocked.

The crew all broke into laughs as Natalia sat back down where she had before. Natalia knew how the Mandalorian felt, even if his mask hid his pain she knew he felt it. Natalia had witnessed many of Mandalore's people die under Maul's rule and she could only imagine how many more had passed after Order 66 was executed, especially with the hundreds of clones left behind. It hurts, it'll always hurt. No matter how much time has passed.

"Well, you flew with him, Xi'an. Is he as good as they say?" Mayfield asked.

"Ask him about the job on Alzoc III." Xi'an never once took her eyes off the knife balancing off her finger as she spoke.

"I did what I had to." The Mandalorian defended.

Natalia looked over to the Mandalorian confused. What the hell happened on Alzoc III?

"Oh, but you liked it. See, I know who you really are." Xi'an taunted.

"He never takes off the helmet?" Mayfield asked.

"This is the way." X'ian mocked in a horrible impression of the Mandalorian.

"Huh. I wonder what you look like under there." The bald man said as he looked over to the Mandalorian. "Maybe he's a Gungan. Is that why yousa don't wanna show your face?"

Natalia rolled her eyes as Burg broke into a laughing fit. She so much rather spend a month on Hoth than sit in the ship with these people a moment longer. This was hell and she was sick of it.

"You ever seen his face?" Mayfield asked, turning to Xi'an.

"A lady never tells." Xi'an said with a smile.

"Aw. Come on Mando. We gotta trust each other here. You gotta show us something." Mayfield taunted. "Just lift the helmet up."

The Mandalorian looked over to Natalia as a silent plea for help and Natalia began to debate on what to do. She could A help the Mandalorian with his newfound predicament or B she could sit here and not care what happens because he had ignored her and her morals only hours ago. And Natalia who was still mad about it, with good reason of course, decided B was her best option. So she just rested back against the wall behind her and watched the show play out.

"Come on. Let us all see your eyes." Mayfield said as Burg got up from his spot and began walking towards the Mandalorian.

"I'll do it." Burg said as he reaching his hand out to grab the helmet.

Natalia watched slightly amused as the Mandalorian grabbed Burg's hand and threw him into the wall of the ship. Burg grabbed onto the wall to steady himself and in doing so he opened the compartment the child was in. 

Natalia's eyes widened and she instantly jumped up to her feet.The child just looked around at all the people with a coo, it's innocent eyes not knowing the danger that stood right before it. The Mandalorian made no move to grab the child or even protect it from the people around them which only fueled Natalia's anger as she walked over to it.

"Whoa!" Mayfield exclaimed as Natalia picked up the child and held it tightly in her arms. "What is that?"

"Way to go." Natalia muttered as she glared at the Mandalorian.

"You get lonely up here buddy?" Mayfield asked the Mandalorian as he slowly walked up to Natalia and the child. Natalia pressed the child closer to her, turning just enough so it was out of Mayfield's reach. "Wait a minute." Mayfield said as he turned to X'ian who now stood beside him. "Did you two make that?" Natalia's glare switched between the two as they surrounded her. "What is it, like a pet or something?"

"Yeah." The Mandalorian nodded. "Something like that."

"Didn't take you for the type." X'ian said as she turned towards the Mandalorian. "Maybe that code of yours has made you soft."

"Me, I was never really into pets." Mayfield said as he turned to the Mandalorian. "Yeah, I didn't have the temperament. Patience, you know? I mean, I tried, but never worked out. But I'm thinking maybe I'll try again." Mayfield said as he ripped the child from Natalia's arms. "With this little fella."

"Give it back!" Natalia yelled trying to grab the child from Mayfield but he turned away from her before her hands could grab it. 

Mayfield looked to the Mandalorian with a challenging stare. The Mandalorian still  did nothing to grab the child or even stop Mayfield from holding it. He just stood there and stared. Even when Mayfield pretended to drop the small creature and laugh, the Mandalorian did nothing.

"Pretend to drop it again and I'll put one through your head." Natalia spoke sternly as she placed the muzzle of her blaster against the back of Mayfield's head. Everyone's attention suddenly snapped to Natalia. X'ian had begun to twirl her blade in her hand and Burg already had his hands bawled into fists.

"You wouldn't try it." Mayfield scoffed.

"I'm not playing games with you." Natalia stated. "Give me the child, now."

"Dropping out of hyperspace, now." Natalia was suddenly whipped backwards. Her back slammed into the wall and she hardly had enough time to recover before she was thrown forward. "Commencing final approach, now. Cloaking signal now."

The ship suddenly flipped upside down causing Natalia's hand to slip from her weapon. She could only watch as the blaster went flying across the ship. She had no time to go after it because the next thing she knew she was holding onto the weapon's vault handle for dear life as the ship flipped upside down. A small scream suddenly erupted in the air and Natalia's head snapped towards the sound to see the child on the floor of the ship. Natalia quickly moved towards the child as the Mandalorian sat above it.

"Engaging coupling now."

Natalia was suddenly thrown to the side, slamming into the wall of the ship. A small groan left her lips as pain shot through her body. She knew for a fact there'd be a bruise there later. "Coupling confirmed. We are down."

Natalia held her side as she looked around to see everyone else in a pained state. Realization suddenly dawned upon her. They were here. A sick feeling began to form in her gut and she knew if she let them execute this plan it'd eat at her for the rest of her life.

"And relax. Commence extraction now."

"Useless droid didn't give us a proper countdown." X'ian spat as Natalia looked around for anything she could carry with her to hide the child in. 

If her plan was to work, she would not leave the child behind. She'd bring it with her to Yavin and raise it as her own until it was old enough, then she was sure Luke would want to train it seeing as it was force sensitive. A smirk was quick to form on Natalia's face as she found a satchel next to her fallen blaster. 

She picked up the weapon and the satchel and walked over to the compartment the Mandalorian had placed the child in. Seeing as everyone else, including the Mandalorian was distracted, Natalia quickly opened the compartment and picked up the child.

"Alright, you've got to be quiet." Natalia said as she lowered the child into the satchel.

"Z, are you sure they can't see us?" Mayfield asked.

"The Razor Crest is scrambling our signature and I am inside the prison system. It's impressive that this gunship had survived the Empire without being impounded."

"Alright we got a job to do. Mando, you're up." Mayfield said as Natalia stood across from the Mandalorian.

The Mandalorian walked to the center of the floor and pressed a button moving away the ship's floor to reveal a docking hatch. Natalia watched as the Mandalorian plugged some kind of device in. The device began to beep, obviously trying to override the docking hatch to the transport below them and within seconds the hatch opened, giving them access onto the transport. The sick feeling only worsened in Natalia's stomach as she stared down the hole that led straight to the transport. This demolished all of her morals, every single one. And she could do nothing about it, not yet anyways.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

61.8K 2.1K 71
Promises are made to be broken. Deals are made to be kept. [The Mandalorian Season 1-2] I do not own the Mandalorian or any of the Star Wars Universe...
616K 20.1K 49
โ ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ'๐ซ๐ž ๐ญ๐จ๐จ ๐ฌ๐จ๐Ÿ๐ญ ๐Ÿ๐จ๐ซ ๐ญ๐ก๐ข๐ฌ ๐ฐ๐จ๐ซ๐ฅ๐! ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ ๐ง๐ž๐ž๐ ๐ญ๐จ ๐ก๐š๐ซ๐๐ž๐ง ๐ฎ๐ฉ -- ๐ฅ๐ž๐š๐ซ๐ง ๐ญ๐จ ๐ฃ๐ฎ๐ฌ๐ญ ๐Ÿ๐š๐œ๐ž ๐ญ๐ก๐ž ๐ญ๐ซ๐ฎ๐ญ...
14.6K 379 36
ใ€๏ผท๏ผฏ๏ผฌ๏ผถ๏ผฅ๏ผฎใ€‘ The Mandalorian finds more than he bargained for when a chance meeting brought him, a child and a Wolven together. _ Elodie suffered at the...
5.7K 220 12
โ” โ๐˜ธ๐˜ฆ'๐˜ณ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ฏ๐˜ฐ๐˜ต ๐˜จ๐˜ฐ๐˜ฐ๐˜ฅ ๐˜ฑ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฐ๐˜ฑ๐˜ญ๐˜ฆ, ๐˜ฅ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ. ๐˜ธ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ฅ๐˜ฐ๐˜ฏ'๐˜ต ๐˜ฅ๐˜ฆ๐˜ด๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ๐˜ท๐˜ฆ ๐˜ข ๐˜ฉ๐˜ข๐˜ฑ๐˜ฑ๐˜บ ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ๐˜ฅ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜จ.โž OR โ” ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ ๐˜ธ๐˜ฉ๐˜ช๐˜ค๐˜ฉ ๐˜ข๐˜ฏ ๐˜ข๐˜ด๐˜ด๐˜ข๐˜ด๐˜ด๏ฟฝ...