.17

STILL
"
SPACE FIGHTS"

NATALIA LOVED flying

NATALIA LOVED flying. Whenever Han would actually allow her to fly the Millennium Falcon it'd make her day. She was skilled at flying but she was no Luke Skywalker. She could fly around for fun, maybe outrun a few ships. But this type of flying was not her forte, not in a ship like this at least.

"Are you trying to kill us?!" The Mandalorian yelled as Natalia took swerved the ship to avoid getting hit by the fire from the ship behind them. 

"You're stressing me out!" Natalia yelled as she twirled the ship to the side. "Feel free to shoot at it!"

"You think I can hit anything when your flying like this?" The Mandalorian argued.

"Anytime now!"

"Hand over the bounty Mando." The voice of the bounty hunter chasing them sounded through the ship's communications. "And I might let you live."

A bang suddenly sounded and the ship rattled with it. Natalia looked to the beeping scanners to see the left engine shot. Natalia tightened her grip on the steering and pulled back, causing the ship to fly backwards.

"Buckle up princess!" Natalia yelled as the Mandalorian flew forward at the sudden change in direction. A small laugh escaped Natalia's lips as he smacked his helmet on the control panel.

Natalia increased the speed as she flew back directly at the ship behind them. A smile spread on her face as the wing of the Mandalorian's ship sliced into the wing of the other ship, ripping it off entirely. Natalia stopped the ship causing the Mandalorian to go flying back into his seat.

"Shoot it!" Natalia yelled as she pointed to the ship that was now just floating in space. The Mandalorian shot the ship and Natalia's smile only grew as she watched the ship blown up into a million pieces. " That was pretty good flying if I do say so myself."

"Get out of my chair." The Mandalorian ordered.

"No can do." Natalia said as the scanners began to beep rapidly at her. "We're losing fuel." The lights in the ship suddenly went dark

"We're losing fuel?" The Mandalorian questioned.

"Yup." Natalia said as she began flipping random switches in an attempt to get the power up and running again. "We're going to have to land. That is, if we have enough fuel to land." Natalia quietly muttered the last part as the power kicked back on again. 

"That's the nearest planet." The Mandalorian said as he pointed to the planet ahead of them.

A look of disgust was quick to form on Natalia's face as she stared at the unmistakable dust ball known as Tatooine. "Please don't tell me that's what I think it is."

"This is Mos Eisley Tower. We are tracking you. Head for bay three-five, over." A voice pinging onto the ship said.

A small groan fell past Natalia's lips as she slumped in the pilot's seat. "Tatooine." She grumbled.

"Copy that." The Mandalorian answered the operator as he flipped a switch above him. "Locked in for three-five."

_oOo_

Natalia gently placed the sleeping child in one of the hidden compartments on the Mandalorian's ships before walking outside to where the Mandalorian stood. Three droids ran for the ship and the Mandalorian pulled out his baster and aimed it at them without a second thought. The driods all dropped to the ground, hiding under the shell they had for heads.

"Was that really necessary?" Natalia asked as she placed her hands on her hips. "They didn't even do anything."

"Hey!" Natalia's head snapped up to see a smaller woman with curly hair marching their way. "You damage one of my droids, you pay for it." The woman stated, angrily pointing her clipboard at the Mandalorian.

"Just keep them away from my ship." The Mandalorian said as he put his blaster away.

"Yeah? You think that's a good idea, do ya?" The woman asked as she glared at him. "Let's look at your ship." Natalia let out a small sigh and walked down the ramp to follow the woman as she inspected the ship. "Oof! Look at that." The woman said, pointing to the oil leaking from the metal. "Ugh, you got a lot of carbon scorin' building up top." The woman said as she scanned the wing. "If I didn't know better, I'd say you were in a shootout." The woman said, looking back to the two. "You've got a fuel leak!" The woman cried as she rushed over to another part of the ship. "Look at that, this is a mess. How did you land? That's gonna set you back."

"I've got 500 Imperial Credits." The Mandalorian said as he handed the credits out to her.

"That's all you got?" The woman asked, taking the credits from the Mandalorian. "Well, what do you guys think?" She asked, looking back to her droids. The droids all shook their heads no in what Natalia assumed to be a way of getting back at the Mandalorian for almost shooting them.

"That should at least cover the hangar." The woman concluded.

"We'll get you your money." The Mandalorian said with a small sigh.

"Hmm. I've heard that before." The woman said with a roll of her eyes.

"Just remember..." The Mandalorian started with a stern finger.

"Yeah, no droids. I heard ya. You don't have to say it twice." The woman remarked causing a small smirk to form on Natalia's face.

"Let's go." The Mandalorian said before walking off.

"Sorry about him." Natalia apologized to the woman. "He lacks in the social department." 

"Let's go." The Mandalorian called once he realized Natalia wasn't following. 

A heavy sigh ran past Natalia's lips before she took off to follow him. "Hey, what's it with you and droids anyway?"