.22

STILL
"
CAPTIVE"

NATALIA WAS beginning to worry

NATALIA WAS beginning to worry. The notorious twin suns of Tatooine were beginning to rise and there was still no sign of the Mandalorian. She knew the Dewback was a few miles out but this long seemed to be too long of a wait for his return.

"Oh, look, the suns are coming up." Fennec commented.

"Quiet." Toro spoke before Natalia could.

"Look, there's still time to make my rendezvous in Mos Espa. Take me to it and I can pay you double the price on my head." Fennec tried to reason. "Maybe you'll get a little extra for the General here."

Natalia rolled her eyes and leaned back on her bike, resting her hands behind her head. Yeah, Toro could get the extra money for bringing her in but he didn't need to know it was true. So she played it off like it wasn't a thing and Toro fed right into it.

"I don't care about the money." Toro stated.

"Oh so the Mandalorian and General Kryze keep all the money for themselves." Fennec concluded.

"Only because I let them." Toro defended.

Fennec scoffed. "Doesn't seem that way. It seems like they're the ones calling all the shots." She said as she looked over to Natalia.

"Shows what you know. I hired them, this is my job." Toro spoke sternly. "Bringing you in will make me a full member of the Bounty Hunters Guild." 

"She's trying to get a reaction out of you." Natalia stated as she noticed the anger stretching across Toro's face. "Just tune her out."

"You already have something the Guild values far more than me." Fennec said with a smirk. "In fact, I'm looking right at her."

A small glare began to form on Natalia's face as she stared at Fennec but she was quick to wipe it away. Toro was pretty stupid to be honest so if she didn't even acknowledge Fennec, she'd probably be golden.

"What?" Toro scoffed. "Blondie?"

"Both of them." Fennec nodded her head. "The Mandalorian's armor alone is worth more than my bounty."

"I already told you, I don't care about the money." Toro said as he folded his arms over his chest. 

"Then think what it would do for your reputation." Fennec suggested, a smug smile forming on her face as she stared at Natalia. "A Mandalorian shot up the Guild on Nevarro.  Took some high value target and a war hero then went rogue."

"What does that have to do with blondie exactly?" Toro asked as he gestured towards Natalia.

"Have you not heard of Natalia Kryze?" Fennec asked.

"Well, yeah, that's her." Toro said.

"Your little friend here is a war hero, a Rebellion General. Every member of the Guild has been trying to reel her in since the end of the war and none have succeeded." Natalia slowly reached for her blaster, knowing this was not going to end in her favor. "You bring the Guild those two, and they'll welcome you with open arms. Your name will be legendary."

"She's trying to get into your head." Natalia said as she watched Toro get off his bike.

"Quiet." Toro ordered. "How can we be sure he's the one?"

"What more proof do you need?" Fennec asked as she gestured to Natalia. "You're staring at a war hero."

"Is this true?" Toro asked as he looked over to Natalia, causing her to tense slightly at the fact that his blaster was held in his hand.

"I'm no war hero." Natalia said with a shake of her head. 

"She's lying." Fennec stated. 

"Why should I believe you?" Toro asked as he turned to Fennec.

"Rumor has it she keeps a piece of a pilot's suit with her from when she helped blow up the first Death Star." Fennec said as she looked to Natalia's holster to find the orange patch of the flight suit she had cut shewn into it. "There."

Toro followed Fennec's finger to Natalia's holster where the orange fabric now stuck out like a sore thumb. Natalia felt her heart sink to her chest and she knew she was busted. There was no getting out of this one and she knew that.

"Look, if you're afraid to take them on, fear not. I can help you with that." Fennec suggested. "Take some advice, kid. You want to be a bounty hunter? Make the best deal for yourself and survive."

Fennec let out a breath and Natalia's grip on her blaster tightened. Silence had overtaken the group and one question was sent into the air. Who would make the first move? Natalia's eyes widened and a cry was quick to leave her lips as a shot rang out from Toro's gun and collided with her shoulder. 

White hot pain was all Natalia felt as she looked down to see a hole in her shoulder where the shot went through. "Fuck!" Natalia cursed, tears pricking her eyes as she clutched onto her shoulder.

Another shot rang out into the air and Natalia jumped, awaiting another strike upon herself but when she looked up from her shoulder she saw Fennec on the ground and Toro kneeling next to her. 

"That's good advice." He said. "But if I took those binder off you, I'd be a dead man. And if they're worth more than you are, well...Who wouldn't want to be a legend."

Natalia quickly spun around on her bike deciding that getting out of here was her best bet. But she could hardly get the engine to start before Toro shot the bike, rendering it immobile. "Where do you think you're going?"