.10

STILL
"
TEMPORARY HOME"

THE NIGHT air was cold against Natalia's skin as she walked down the ramp of the ship to help out the Mandalorian with whatever repairs he assigned himself to fix

THE NIGHT air was cold against Natalia's skin as she walked down the ramp of the ship to help out the Mandalorian with whatever repairs he assigned himself to fix. She hugged the poncho cloak she had found on the ship close to her body, trying to trap some of the heat in. Putting the child to sleep was a surprisingly fast process. Natalia figured as stubborn as the child is it'd never fall asleep for her but it proved her wrong after two minutes of rocking back and forth the child was out like a light.

"Do you need help with..." Natalia's question was suddenly cut short as her eyes laid on the two men standing before her. 

"There something I can help you with?" The Mandalorian asked as he turned to face the two.

"Uh, yeah." The man with longer hair said. "Raiders."

"We have money." The one in the hat offered. 

"So you think I'm some kind of mercenary?" The Mandalorian asked as he returned to fixing his ship. 

"You are a Mandalorian, right?" The man with long hair asked.

"Or at least wearing Mandalorian armor. That is Mandalorian armor, right?" The other asked.

"It is." The Mandalorian said.

"See?" The man in the hat asked as he turned to the guy next to him. "I told him . Sir, I've read a lot about your people...tribe. If half of what I read is true..."

"We have money." The man with long hair cut the other off.

"How much?" The Mandalorian asked.

"Everything we have sir. Our whole harvest was stolen." The man in the hat said as he held out a small pouch filed with credits. 

"Krill. We're krill farmers." The other said.

"We brew spotchka. Our whole village chipped in."

The Mandalorian turned to face the group. All it took was one look at the small pouch for him to make up his mind. "It's not enough." The Mandalorian stated before turning back to his work.

A look of disappointment formed on Natalia's face as she eyed the Mandalorian. "Are you sure?" The man pleaded. "You don't even know what the job is."

"I know it's not enough. Good luck."

"Oh nonsense." Natalia said as she folded her arms. "He's just a prick, ignore him."

"So you'll take the job?" The man in the hat asked, hope evident in his face. 

"No." The Mandalorian sternly responded. 

"Yes we..." Natalia started but she was cut off by the Mandalorian harshly grabbing her arm and pulling her into the ship.