Adopted Nikos (Volume 2)

Por Zap3000

Hey guys, Zap here with the next book in the Adopted Nikos series. Join Omni as he and team RWBY go through t... Mais

Meet Omni and Archive (again)
Chapter 1: Best Day Ever
Chapter 3: A Minor Hiccup
Chapter 4: Painting the Town...
Chapter 5: Extracurricular
Chapter 6/7: Burning the Candle & Dance Dance Infiltration
Chapter 8: Field Trip
Chapter 9: Search and Destroy
Chapter 10: Mountain Glenn
Chapter 11: No Brakes
Chapter 12: Breach

Chapter 2: Welcome to Beacon

492 14 12
Por Zap3000

Teams RWBY and JNPR plus Omni are in the Beacon library. Ruby, Blake, Weiss, and Yang are playing a complicated board game. Jaune is reading a comic, Ren is reading a large book, Nora is sleeping on part of Ren's book, and Pyrrha is reading a book.

Omni, with Archive over his right shoulder, looks out the large window behind JNPR. He and Archive watch the Atlas ships flying overhead.

Omni: Something's up. There's no reason for Atlas to send this many ships.

Archive: Agreed, but let's not worry about that right now. You're about to have company.

Archive moves away from Omni.

Omni: What do yo-

Omni is cut off by a crying Ruby jumping into his lap.

Ruby: Omni! Yang destroyed my forces! Why!?

Omni sighs and hugs his over dramatic girlfriend.

Omni: Ruby, calm down. There's no need to act like this, it's just a game.

Ruby: But, but...(sighs) yeah you're right, it's just a game.

Omni smiles and kisses Ruby's forehead, causing her to blush.

Omni: Come on, I'll help you with your game.

Ruby jumps off Omni and smiles at him.

Ruby: Really!?(Omni nods) Yes! No one will stop us!

Ruby dashes back to team RWBY's table, Omni chuckles and follows her. The couple arrives just as Weiss starts her evil rant.

Weiss(laughs evilly): Yes! Fear the almighty power of my forces! Cower as they pillage your homes and weep as they take your children from your very arms-!

Yang(holding a card to Weiss' face): Trap card.

Weiss: Huh?

Yang moves rapidly and a dust cloud appears. When it goes away, Weiss' pieces are gone.

Yang(spreading her hands over the game board): Your armies have been destroyed.

Weiss(sitting down): I hate this game of emotions we play!

Omni and Ruby, who are sharing a seat, look at each other, to Weiss, and back to each other.

Ruby(whispering to Omni): Is that how I looked.

Omni(whispering to Ruby): Yep.

Ruby: Yikes, sorry.

Omni: It's fine.

Yang: Alright Blake, you're up!

Blake, who wasn't paying attention, snaps out of her daydream.

Blake: Huh? Oh! Umm... sorry, what am I doing?

Omni facepalms, Ruby giggles at his antics.

Yang: You're playing as Vale, trying to conquer the kingdoms of Remnant!

Omni(mentally to Archive): You know, this sounds a lot like that Risk game you once told me about.

Archive(Omni's mind): It does, doesn't it?

Blake: Right...

Jaune walks over to team RWBY plus Omni.

Jaune: Hey! Can I play?

Ruby: Sorry Jaune, we've already got four people.

Jaune: But Omni's playing.

Omni: I'm helping Rubes, not playing. There's a difference.

Weiss: Besides, this game requires a certain level of tactical cunning that I seriously doubt you possess.

Yang: Uhh... you attacked your own naval fleet two turns ago.

Omni: You also allowed Yang to, A, see your cards and, B, listened to her advice, which lead you into a trap.

Weiss: Hmph!

Jaune: Bring it on, ice queen! I'll have you know that I've been told that I'm a natural, born leader!

Weiss: By who? Your mother?

Omni's ears flatten against his head and Ruby grabs hold of his hand.

Jaune: And Pyrrha!

Pyrrha looks up from her book and waves.

Pyrrha: Hello again!

Omni playfully waves back at his sister.

Jaune: Come on, let me play your hand for a turn.

Weiss(leaning away from Jaune): I'm not trusting you with the good citizens of Vacuo!

Jaune: Why not!? You've trusted me with way more important stuff before! I mean you told us all that Blake's secretly a fau-

Jaune is cut off by Pyrrha slapping a hand over his mouth.

Pyrrha: Fun-loving person whom we all admire and respect!

Blake glares at Jaune.

Jaune: Right... that.

Omni Blinks behind Jaune, bonks him on the head, and Blinks back to Ruby's side.

Jaune(rubbing the back of his head): Owww! Why me!?

Omni(facepalm): Moron.

Sun walks up next to Blake, his blue-haired friend with him.

Sun(makes a peace sign): 'Sup losers?

Ruby: Hey Sun!

Omni: Hello!

Sun: Ruby, Omni, Yang, Blake, Ice Queen...

Weiss: Why does everyone keep calling me that!?

Omni chuckles.

Sun: I never got a chance to formally introduce you to my old friend.

Blue Hair: Uh... aren't libraries for reading.

Ren, in the background, looks up from his book and throws his hands in the air.

Ren: Thank you!

Nora jolts awake.

Nora(snorts): Pancakes!

Omni/Archive: What.

Sun(to his friend): Shut up. Don't be a nerd.

Blue Hair(makes a weird sound): Intellectual. Okay. Thank you.(turns to team RWBY) I'm Neptune.

Weiss: So, Neptune, where are you from?

Neptune: Haven...(walks up to Weiss) and I don't believe I've caught your name, snow angel.

Weiss: Um... I'm Weiss.

Jaune: Are you kidding me!?

Omni Blinks and rests a hand on Jaune's shoulder.

Omni: I've told you a hundred times, just let her go.

Jaune: Yeah, you're right.

Omni pats Jaune's shoulder and Blinks back to Ruby.

Neptune(to Weiss): Pleasure to meet you.

Sun(to Blake): I never took you as the board-game-playing type.

Blake: Right... well I think I'm done playing, actually. I'll see you guys later.

Blake walks off. Sun turns to the group and spreads his arms as if asking "what did I do?".

Nora: Women.

Omni looks at Ruby.

Omni: What just happened?

Ruby: I-

Archive appears and cuts Ruby off.

Archive: Hey! When am I going to be introduced?

Neptune(jumping back): What the!?

Omni facepalms.

Omni: Arc, we've discussed this, you can't just pop up out of nowhere and scare people!

Archive: Well how else will I get to meet others? You're too shy, so I have to take matter into my own hands.

Omni(grinning): You don't have hands.

Archive: That's not the point!

Omni laughs at his furious Ghost. Ruby giggles at their antics. Pyrrha just ignores the two, having gotten used to their behavior years ago. The rest watch the scene with confusion or amusement.

Neptune: Uh, what is it?

Archive(turning to Neptune): IT!? I IDENTIFY AS MALE! HOW MANY TIMES DO I HAVE TO TELL PEOPLE THIS!?

Omni laughs harder.

Archive(facing Omni): Quiet you!

Omni eventually calms down.

Omni: Neptune, this is Archive. He is an extremely advanced AI with unknown origins. He's also one of my closest friends.

Archive: Greetings.

Neptune: Um, hi.

Timeskip(brought to you by Archive appearing out of nowhere and scaring Neptune)

Omni sits on his bed in his and team RWBY's dorm. Ruby had asked him to keep an eye on Blake, who is sitting on her bed. Omni looks over to the door when it opens and Ruby, Yang and Weiss walk in.

Yang: Ugh! We should have never let him play!

Ruby: You're just mad 'cause the new guy beat you.

Ruby walks over and sits next to Omni.

Omni: Did Neptune really beat Yang?

Ruby: Yep.

Omni: Wow, didn't see that coming.

Blake starts walking towards the door.

Weiss(pointing at Blake): Stop.

Blake, who was reaching for the doorknob, stops. Omni and Ruby look over at the two.

Weiss: Lately you've been quiet, anti-social, and moody.

Yang: Uh... have you met Blake?

Weiss: Which I get, is kind of your "thing"(makes air quotes for "thing"). But you've been doing it more than usual, which quite frankly, is unacceptable. You made a promise to me, to all of us, that you would let us know if something was wrong. So Blake Belladonna!

Weiss somehow takes Omni's desk chair, places it in front of Blake, stands on the chair, balances it on its back legs while pointing at Blake.

Weiss: What! Is! Wrong!?

Weiss hops off the chair and puts it back in front of Omni's workbench, before moving back to stand in front of Blake.

Omni: How did she?

Archive: Not a clue.

Blake: I just... I don't understand how everyone can be so calm.

Ruby: You're still thinking about Torchwick.

Blake: Torchwick, the White Fang, all of it! Something big is happening and no one is doing anything about it!

Yang: Ozpin told us not to worry. Between the police and the Huntsmen, I'm sure they can handle it.

Blake: Well I'm not! They don't know the White Fang like I do.

Weiss: Okay, between blowing up night clubs, stopping thieves, and fighting for freedom, I'm sure the four of you think you're all ready to go out and apprehend these ne'er-do-wells.

Ruby: Uh... who?

Omni: Bad people, Rubes.

Weiss: But let me once again be the voice of reason. We're students. We're not ready to handle this sort of situation. 

Ruby: Well, yeah, but-

Weiss: We're not ready!

Blake: And we may never be ready! Our enemies aren't just gonna sit around and wait for graduation day! They're out there, somewhere, planning their next move, and none of us know what it is, but it's coming! Whether we're ready or not.

Omni(mutters): Why do we need to get involved?

Ruby(ignoring Omni): Okay! All in favor of becoming the youngest huntresses to single-handedly bring down a corrupt organization conspiring against the kingdom of Vale... say aye.

Yang: Yes!(points at Blake) I love it when you're feisty!

Weiss: Well, I suppose it could be fun.

Ruby: None of you said aye.

Omni(sighs): Aye...

Ruby smiles at the wolf faunus.

Blake: Alright then... we're in this together.

Ruby: Let's hatch a plan!

Yang: Yeah!

Ruby(gasps): I left my board game in the library!

Weiss(holding a hand to her forehead): We're doomed.

Omni: I'll go with you, Ruby.

Ruby runs out of the dorm, Omni follows her.

Ruby(looking behind her while running): We'll be right back!

Ruby runs headfirst into someone and is knocked backwards.

Ruby: Sorry. Are... you okay?

A girl with green hair reaches a hand out to Ruby. Next to her is a boy with silver-grey hair.

Green Hair: I'm fine. Just watch where you're going.

Ruby(taking the girl's hand): Oh... right. Sorry.

Omni runs up behind Ruby.

Omni: Ruby! You okay?

Ruby: I'm fine Omni.(turns to the girl and boy) Um... I'm Ruby! Are you new?

The girl steps aside to reveal another girl with black hair.

Black Hair: Visiting from Haven, actually.

Omni: Then you're here for the Vytal Festival. Although, exchange students have their own dormitory.

Grey Hair: I guess we just got turned around.

Ruby: Don't worry, happens all the time! Uh, your building is just east of here.

Black Hair: Thanks. Maybe we'll see you around.

Ruby: Yeah, maybe. Oh! And welcome to Beacon!

The couple watches the exchange students walk away, before resuming their journey to the library.

Omni: Did you feel like something was off about them?

Ruby: Nah, that's just you.

Omni: If you say so.

Timeskip(brought to you by Omni racing Ruby around Beacon Academy)

Omni sits on the roof of the dorms. His wolf ears perk up when he hears the sounds of footsteps behind him. Ruby walks up and sits down next to Omni.

Ruby: What's wrong Omni?

Omni: What do you mean?

Ruby: You tend to come up here when somethings bothering you. So, tell me what's wrong.

Ruby moves closer and places her hand over Omni's

Omni(sighs and turn to Ruby): I just can't shake the feeling that we're getting involved in something bigger. I'm scared to find out what that is.

Ruby: Well whatever happens, we'll deal with it together.

Omni smiles and wraps an arm around his girlfriend.

Omni: Thanks, Rubes.

Ruby lays her head on Omni's shoulder.

Ruby: Anytime, Omni.

Continuar a ler

Também vai Gostar

27.1K 555 19
A Godhunter, Y/N, a special fox faunus, goes to Beacon Academy to become an official Huntress, as well as train under Professor Ozpin. How will her l...
202K 2.2K 28
Kidnapped by Atlas, and rescued by a dusty old Qrow. You are enrolled at Beacon and meet team rwby just after they initiated. Armed with new powers...
13.4K 131 40
After crashing into the planet you now know as remnant you quickly realise that you are stuck here forever with your friend. Choosing to settle down...
30.5K 328 11
Our guardian is now at Beacon and is trying to learn all he can. He now has friends a home and is now in one of the biggest adventures a guardian can...