= Living in infamy = (Infamou...

By Cosmic_Nobody

In a world where 80% of the population has genetic powers or mutations called "quirks", it rare but not impos... More

(Y/N)'s Bio
Chapter 1: Unwanted, yet needed
Chapter 2: Welcome home, (Y/N).
Chapter 3: Oh boy, entrance exams...yay.
A Note From Cosmic_Nobody.
Chapter 4: In Class 1-A, Where all your dreams come true! (Not really.)
Chapter 5: Combat training and wombat maiming
Chapter 5.5: Where There's Smoke...
Chapter 6: Light 'Em Up
Chapter 7: Ghost of Criminals past
(Y/N)'s Bio: Now with 100% more Eyes glow memes!
Chapter 8: Recovery and Experimentaion
Chapter 8.5: Go Fetch
Chapter 9: A Weight off Your Chest
Chapter 10: The UA Sports Festival! (Yay.)
Chapter 11: Lots of pain, and...well, that's it.
Chapter 12: Explosions, Explosions, and More Explosions
Chapter 13: You're Hot Then You're Cold, You're Yes Then You're No...
Chapter 14: Date With The Nerd
Chapter 14.5: The Calm...
Chapter 15: The Name Game
Psssst. Hey.
Chapter 16: Painful Painful Training
Chapter 17: You Can't Save Everyone
Chapter 17.5: ...Before the storm
Chapter 18: Investigation
Chapter 19: Final Exams
Chapter 20: Summer Camp
Chapter 21: Brothers in Arms
Chapter 22: Let The Sparks Fly
(Y/N)'s Bio 3: Zip-Zapping Jubilee
Chapter 23: The Taken King
Chapter 24: The End Of An Era
I was tagged for a thing by a guy.
Chapter 25: A Moment of Peace
Chapter 26: He Who Dwells
Chapter 28: Face to Face
Chapter 29: Deep Dark
Chapter 30: Homesick
Chapter 31: Old "Friends"
Chapter 32: The Escapee of Curdun Cay
Chapter 33: Prayer of the Refugee
Chapter 34: What We Leave Behind
Chapter 35: Come As You Are

Chapter 27: Ultimate moves

1.8K 62 107
By Cosmic_Nobody

(Y/N) POV

It's been a few days since that little meeting with the conduits and He Who Dwells, That angel guy, and mostly all parties involved have stayed pretty quiet. I say mostly because, well...

I exist.

Anyway, after my possible search that may or may not have gotten me arrested by Reggie because he was doing the same thing but he had 'Permits' and 'Legal permission To carry out a search' like a fuckin' loser, he was allowed to do that. Thing is, you can't exactly put handcuffs on smoke, Cars can't drive on or jump between buildings (unless it's a fast and furious movie), and cars have batteries. None of those things have anything to do with good ol' Reggie possibly attempting to arrest me, I promise.

I'm lying.

Or am I?

Back to the present, I've started using my notebook again. Sure I may have doodled a few jackasses and other graffiti designs, but my main focus is on Mr. Bird man and I ain't talking about Tokoyami or that other guy. I tried my best to sketch him out from memory, but I didn't really get a great look at him. I remember he had sorta a holy-crusader-WemusttakeJerusalem kinda look. Except, you know, With giant blue holographic angel wings.

???: "(Y/N)? Are you in there?"

(Y/N): "No I'm dead."

???: "You're not dead, silly."

(Y/N): "You have no proof that I'm not."

???: "You're talking to me."

(Y/N): "Voice recording."

???: "You responded to my answer."

(Y/N): "Uh...Voice detection?"

???: "Can you let me in now?"

(Y/N): "Now as in Right now, when I don't have my pants on, or right now after I put on some pants?"

???: "Y-Y-YOU'RE NOT WEARING-?!"

(Y/N): "Well I am now."

Opening the door, I see Izumi covering her now red face with her arms.

(Y/N): "Morning. I think. Or is it the afternoon?"

Izumi: "I-It's the afternoon but at least you made the attempt."

(Y/N): "Well, I've got pants on now, so why'd I need to put them on?"

Izumi: "I was wondering if I could see your notebook today? Maybe we could look through each others!"

(Y/N): "Do I need to keep my pants on for that?"

Izumi: "No-I MEAN Y-Y-YES! OF COURSE YOU HAVE TO!"

(Y/N): "...But are you sure?"

Izumi: "EH?!"

I mess up her hair and chuckle.

(Y/N): "I'm just messing with you. Now come on in and try not to think of anything perverted."

Izumi: "Who are you calling a pervert?! You're the one who was offering to take his pants off!"

(Y/N): "Says the one who talked to me outside her window while naked."

Izumi: "T-THAT WAS COMPLETELY DIFFERENT!"

(Y/N): "Yeah I know. You're just really cute when you're all flustered like that."

I cut her off before he can panic and yell out in embarrassment again with a quick kiss to shut her up via EMBARRASSMENT OVERLOAD.

(Y/N): "Now come on. You wanted to see my old notebook, right?"

Izumi: "O-Oh...Right. That's what I was here for."

After she locks the door behind her, she trips on a chain I left out and falls into my arms.

(Y/N): "..."

Izumi: "..."

(Y/N): "..."

Izumi: "Don't say what I-"

(Y/N): "I SEE YOU'VE FALLEN FOR ME."

Izumi: "Baby Why."

(Y/N): "Because I sold my soul decades ago."

I'm not even decades old but here I am.

...

Hold on a minute-

(Y/N): "Did you just call me 'baby'?"

Izumi has now crumbled down into a steaming ball of embarrassment. I tried to pick her up but she burnt my hand which is usually Bakugo's thing. Or at least, she attempts to do that.

After grabbing the oven mitts and carrying Izumi onto the bed, I lean against the wall and wait for her to cool down some. After...maybe three hours (aka 1.5 minutes), she finally stops being on figurative fire.

(Y/N): "You still alive?"

Izumi: "Yeah. Don't do that again, okay?"

(Y/N): "Nah, it's fun. Now then, C'mere."

I pat my lap, and it looks like Izumi is gonna go back into her ball form.

(Y/N): "It's easier to read if you sit on my lap. Just hurry up before I change my mind about showing you. I'm already having second thoughts."

I mean, she might see something I didn't mean for her to see and for once I can't tell her anything about my job or else I'll get into trouble because Aizawa knows where I live! Sure, she wouldn't actually tell anybody about it, but they would know. SOMEHOW they would know. Maybe get that Shinso guy to hypnotize her and make her tell him what she knows...

Wait, I don't think that would work...would it?

My hesitations were cleared up by the feeling of something...soft yet firm on my lap. Izumi was blushing hard as she adjusted herself, and blushed even harder when I wrapped my arms around her and pulled her back onto me gently.

(Y/N): "Hello there."

Izumi: "Y-Y-You're pretty c-close like this."

She sure does stutter a lot when she's embarrassed...

(Y/N): "We've slept together multiple times, don't act like something like this is anything new. Though, it is cute that you do."

Izumi: "I-!"

(Y/N): "Now then, before you break down again..!"

I grab my notebook and hold it up to my face, looking through the pages to see what I'm both comfortable with showing Izumi and what I can actually show her without me getting in trouble. Eventually, I find something. That something being the Reapers.

(Y/N): "This is one of the more prominent gangs I had to fight against during my time back in empire city."

I tell Izumi most of what I know about the reapers. How they're made, Who Sasha was and how she acted, her quirk, the fact that she had a portal to tentacle hell in her mouth, How she was almost completely naked, ETC., Izumi focusing very intently to every word I say and detail written in the notebook.

Izumi: "It's almost hard to believe..."

(Y/N): "What is?"

Izumi: "You were so young when you fought these people, and yet you were able to keep up with your brother."

(Y/N): "I had to. Wasn't about to lose another family member just cause I couldn't throw a punch or fight someone who could crumble skyscrapers."

Izumi: "What was that last bit?"

(Y/N): "Nothing. Anyway-"

I close the notebook and toss it onto the nightstand before hugging Izumi again.

(Y/N): "That's all I can show you for right now."

Izumi: "Eh? But why?"

(Y/N): "I can't go into too much detail but there's something going on and it might relate back to someone from my past."

Izumi: "Alright, I understand. Just be careful out there, okay? I don't wanna see any more scars on you."

(Y/N): "Well, Evel Knievel said "bones heal, pain is temporary, and chicks dig scars", so..."

Izumi: "Well I'm not a chicken! I just don't want you to get hurt. Then again, that's unrealistic to expect considering our line of work."

She squeezes my hands, and I rest my chin on top of her head.

(Y/N): "Don't worry. I promise that I won't get into any serious trouble."

Little does Izumi know I'm crossing my toes because she can see my hands so I gotta cross my toes instead because I know I'm lying.

...

I'm really freakin' hungry.

—————
Anyone else like skyblock?

I like skyblock. Though it does sometimes make me realize how lonely I am.
—————

(Y/N): "This seems redundant for me."

Aizawa informed us that our test for a provisional hero license is coming up, a test that has a 50 percent success rate, so we need to create some ultimate moves. Now, I get that other people like Kirishima or Mina or even Bakugo need something like this. Bakugo is pretty trigger happy and that could cause some friendly fire, Kirishima is limited to brute force because H A R D, and Mina can't exactly choose what her acid melts after it's out of her body.

Now cut to me. It's not like I can't improve with my quirk(s), in fact I'm pretty much a, as the kids these days say, "Totally not radical noob spelled with zeros". The fact that I can still get hit when I'm not concentrating while using smoke is proof of that, but...

I'm...

Not...

Exactly...

Lacking Ultimate moves.

Then again, it's not like I can just use them willy-nilly. Their last ditch efforts if anything, something to use if I've run out of options or I need to finish something quickly.

I lean up against the wall, trying to think of something new to do.

Suddenly an Ectoplasm clone appears out of nowhere and tries to kick me in the face, but passes through my smoke body, and leaving cracks in the wall.

Ectoplasm: "Just because you already have ultimate moves doesn't mean you should be complacent with your present skills."

(Y/N): "Is that right?"

Ectoplasm: "Train with your other quirks. If you get too reliant on your smoke abilities, you'll be predictable."

(Y/N): "Yeah, I know. But, in all fairness. It's nice not getting kicked in the face."

Absorbing the electricity from a battery in my pocket (I don't know why I had it either), I decide to start with what I'm worst at. Although, now that I think about it, I don't really have any defensive techniques.

Sure, I've got my logia- I mean my smoke body ability, and I don't know anything that can hit smoke, but other than that, what do I got? Neon doesn't really count since it's more so about being faster than my opponent and getting lots and LOTS of chip damage, but if I need to guard someone, I don't have anything that can really stop something that neon blasts or my neon blade can't destroy.

And then another ectoplasm clone rushes me and kicks me in the Wenis.

(Y/N): "Ah! You bitch!"

Ectoplasm: "Rude."

(Y/N): "Well, you're a clone so I don't really feel bad about it. After all, you're about to die."

It then goes for another kick, so I grab his peg leg and electrocute it, the clone turning back into...ectoplasm, I guess. What were the clones made out of again? I'm going with ectoplasm because the only other possibility is cum and I'm on a family friendly show.

I should at least find something I can do in order to protect someone else. Neon isn't built for that sort of thing, and with smoke bullets and other attacks just go through me. But what if a child or Keanu Reeves is behind me? What then? Maybe I can do something with electricity...

I scour my memories, looking back to empire city and my time with Cole for some sort of inspiration. I never really have seen Cole on the defensive before, at least, not around me. However, I do hazily remember one time...

~~~~~
Flashback noises.
~~~~~

I was about 14 at the time, give or take a month maybe. I wasn't completely used to fighting thugs as ready to kill me as they were to tell me the time of day, and I wasn't strong enough to hold my own against conduits for very long. I remember, one day, somewhere in the Neon district, some reapers were trying to put Sashas tar into the water system. The "heroes" didn't know about it, and it's not like we could go and tell them. It fell to me and Cole to save the day, as stupidly comic book-esc as that line sounds.

Me and Cole were in the middle of a bunch of enemies, and I was fighting so hard that my knuckles were bleeding from having to punch so many faces. No conduits were around, so I figured that I was at least going to get out of this fight alive, even after I got separated from Cole and was fighting on my own. That's when I saw it, just a glance but, at the time, as terrifying as a rampaging conduit; a machine gun turret.

That's when I was punched in the face hard enough to send me flying into the wall by a Huge, muscular reaper. Sure it hurt, but I can tell the intent wasn't to put me out of commission (as crazy as that sounds considering the wall cracked upon impact), only to keep me down long enough as the other reapers rapidly cleared out, giving the reaper manning the turret a clear shot. This was the first time that I felt genuine, life ending fear. The reaper pulled the bolt back, loading the first shot in the belt of bullets. I closed my eyes, and waited to die.

Then I heard gunshots. Many, many, MANY rapid gunshots. I expected at least a moment of pain before I died. But I didn't feel anything, at least not bullets. What I did hear was the crackling of lightning. Opening my eyes, I saw Cole holding out his hand, the bullets stopping in front of him and just floating, then I noticed it; a large oval ring of electricity being projected from his hand.

Cole: "That was uncomfortably close."

~~~~~
Ending flashback noises
~~~~~

I didn't really understand how it worked at the time, but I can guess now that it has something to do with electromagnetism. Maybe.

Or maybe I'm just thinking to much into this since quirks are just really weird.

I decide to try it out, see if I can do that too. Holding my hand out and lighting it up with electricity, I accidentally just shoot a bolt. I try again, repositioning my fingers, but again, I just shoot a bolt. A much more powerful bolt, but a bolt nonetheless.

But that's when I realized something. I'm tensing up my fingers, even though I'm not consciously doing that. Wait...I know what's causing that. Since I wasn't naturally born with an electricity quirk like Cole, I'm not completely immune to the effects of my own electricity and I'm shocking my muscles. Wait...Is that why I always get so damaged when using my electricity in a fight? I must be electrocuting myself!

But that got me thinking... defibrillators shock someone's heart, forcing it to beat in order to keep someone from dying... tasers force muscles to tense up... same with muscle stimulators.

I'm gonna need to do some research into human anatomy.

—————
I have a crippling addiction to being too epic. I just can't go a single day, a single hour, a single minute without being totally epic.

Please help, it's tearing my family apart.
—————

In the early hours of the morning, I work on...something while I talk to Cole on the phone about his end of the investigation.

(Y/N): "Where was he this time? What'd he do?"

Cole: "It wasn't him, it was one of his angels. Managed to stop a mugging, but almost killed the mugger."

(Y/N): "I see no problem with that-Ach! *Cough* *Cough* blech! Ech! Why don't I have a mask for this?!"

Cole: "You wouldn't, but still. We can't just have someone going around killing criminals. They're still people, after all. Bad people, but people."

(Y/N): "Yeah, I know. Although, I was thinking about what he said before, about me and him having a common friend..."

Cole: "You think he knows that girl that killed the drug dealers?"

(Y/N): "That's the only person I can think of. Wait, how do you know about her?"

Cole: "I was stalking you for a long time when I was still infected with the tar. I saw what you did for her, smily man."

(Y/N): "Huh...well, I've gotta go. Got some studying I gotta do."

Cole: "Alright and-...what's that hissing noise?"

(Y/N): "Big duck."

Cole: "What?"

I send him a picture.

(Y/N): "Big duck."

Cole: "Reggies gonna be on your ass about that you know?"

(Y/N): "he can try all he wants, but he can't stop a man with a plan and an aerosol can."

———————————————————————

Holy renieW it's been a while, hasn't it?

I'd apologize for the massive gap in updates, but I'm not gonna.

Oh, yeah, BTW my dog died so give me pity.

Do it.

Do it NOW.

...

K bye.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

96.3K 654 11
my first story In a world were 80% of the population are born with powers called quirks the other 20% are powerless or quirkless. Our main character...
220K 5.1K 64
(*WARNING*: contains foul language, mature content I guess, and also cringe) (Y/n) (L/n) has a non average life with a rare confusing bunch of Quirks...
69K 1.4K 37
In a world where females are 80% of the population and all of them got powers called quirks while mens are all quirkless and are just 20%. Izuku Yagi...
439 20 12
Back story... (Y/n) (L/n), a sixteen year old girl who dreamt of becoming a hero all of the time. She was born in Japan and lived there for 3 years o...