π—ˆπ—…π–½ π—π–Ύπ—‹π—Œπ—‚π—ˆπ—‡ | toget...

By babixdoll

i didn't say 'i love you' to hear it back, i said it to make sure you knew. (previously titled 'in this toget... More

TOGETHER.
OPENING CREDITS.
THE PLAYLIST. π—‰π—ˆπ—: 𝖼𝖺𝗇'𝗍 𝗁𝖾𝗅𝗉 π–»π—Žπ— 𝖿𝖺𝗅𝗅 π–Ώπ—ˆπ—‹ 𝗁𝗂𝗆
AESTHETICS.
ACT I.
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
ACT II.
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
ACT III.
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Chapter Thirty-Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty-One
Chapter Forty-Two
Chapter Forty-Three
Chapter Forty-Four
Chapter Forty-Five
Chapter Forty-Six
Chapter Forty-Seven
Chapter Forty-Eight
Chapter Forty-Nine
Chapter Fifty
Chapter Fifty-One
Chapter Fifty-Two
Chapter Fifty-Three
Chapter Fifty-Four
Chapter Fifty-Five
Chapter Fifty-Six
ACT IV.
Chapter Fifty-Seven
NEW VERSION

Chapter Thirty

764 34 4
By babixdoll

"The Hero Dies in this One"

Nathan Scott walked out of his and his wife's bedroom with nothing but a towel wrapped around his lower half, and made his way over to their kitchen. Scarlett had her candles everywhere, she hadn't left just yet, but a lot of her things were packed up in her suitcase ready for when she left.

"Bree, we seriously have to hide the matches from your pyro sister." Nathan said, and he hadn't realized that his wife had already left for school. But instead, Scarlett was, and she walked out of the bathroom at Nathan's words, she was wearing one of her sister's shirts and Nathan was blowing out the candles, and some of Scarlett's clothes were all over the living room.

"Be grateful it's just candles. When we were kids I set fire to our bunk beds." Scarlett said making her presence known, casuing Nathan to turn around and look at her.

"Look, where's Brielle? And does she know that you're wearing her shirt?" Nathan asked.

"She went to take Paige to Aunt V's, and now I'm guessing that she's probably at school." Scarlett said, as she looked through the fridge to find something that she could eat. "And no, I needed a beach cover-up." She said, putting the food she found into her duffel bag, she was going to the beach with some of the people she know. "I borrowed some cash, for beer, I hope you don't mind." She said.

Nathan couldn't even say anything back to the brunette because she had already walked out of the apartment, and then from the island, he heard Brielle's laptop ding. He let out a sigh as he looked down at it. "And she left the computer on." He said, as he walked over to the kitchen island and sat down in front of his wife laptop.

"Love having you, Scarlett. Come visit anytime." Nathan sarcastically said, before he looked at the email that had just come throw on hi wife's laptop.

HellInKeller: Got your message. Don't think I can leave you alone.

At reading that message, Nathan wore a frown on his face, as he wasn't happy to see him emailing Brielle. He then made a decision. He clicked on Brielle's 'sent items' and found along email chain between his wife and Chris, and the title was.

Miss you, thinking of you! And following that were a string of emails that Chris had sent to Brielle, and seeing all of them just mad Bathan even more mad.

HellInKeller: Don't waste your talent. Got a great gig. . you should be here. Haley wants you here just as much as I do.

HellInKeller: I want to kiss you!

HellInKeller: The worst bus ride ever, but I'm glad you're thinking of me.

HellInKeller: You are too talented! Come be with m. . us. Come sing with us! Your audience awaits!

The messages completely shocked Nathan, as he couldn't believe that Chris would send things like that to his wife, but even worse. He couldn't believe that his wife was just let him sending her things like that without saying anything, or telling him to cut it out. Nathan looked at the messages one more time and let out a deep breath.

He was ready to go in on Chris.

❪ 💍 ✧₊ 🎤 ˚.❁ ☔ ❫

Brielle Davis-Scott's Point of View

After I dropped Paige off at Aunt Valerie's house, as she was the one that looked after her whilst Nate and I were at school, I made my way to school. I was stood at my lock and put my leather jacket inside of it. I knew that I hadn't been going to school for like a week or so, but I wasn't anywhere near behind because ever since I started high school I had been a head of the game. I still had my straight A's. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Peyton and Katie walking over to ms and I smiled at them.

"Hey! P. Sawyer, I heard you went out of town with Jake...-fill me in on all the dirt?" I asked teasing her, but Peyton just looked at me with a very un-amused expression on her face.

"I think...you're the only one who has any." She said, and I raised an eyebrow up at her, confused by what she ment by that. "Um...-we have to ask you something." She said.

"Yeah?"

"Did you kiss Chris?" Katie asked, and as those words let her mouth the smile on my face fell away and was replaced by a frown. Because I was confused on her they knew about that kiss, I didn't realize anyone did by Chris, me and Scarlett.

"How do you know about that?" I asked.

"That is seriously not important." Peyton said, before let out a sigh. And I knew she was right about that one, I may not have kiss the guy back, but I still let him kiss me, which is still just as bad. So, I didn't really have an excuse for it.

"I guess...-he just gave me like a goodbye kiss." I said.

"Brielle, what's going on with you? You know how ugly everything got with me, your sister and Lucas, and...-there were no wedding rings in that scenario...-or babies for that matter." Peyton told me, and I frowned more before I looked around the hallway and then closed up my locker.

"Look, he just...-guys he was the one that kissed me. I didn't kiss him back, but at the same time I didn't stop him from doing it either, and I know that was a really stupid thing to do, but...-it didn't mean anything, you know." I said to them, hoping they would believe me. I love Nathan more than anything, and I'd never do anything to lose him forever.

"A kiss always means something, Brielle." Katie said, before she frowned at me and seeing her frown at me, only made me feel worse. Because when she ever frowned at me, it meant that she was disappointed in me, and I hated when she was disappointed in me. And with that.

They walked right passed me.

❪ 💍 ✧₊ 🎤 ˚.❁ ☔ ❫

After my talk with Peyton and Katie, I made my way outside of the building and over to a bench. Which is were I was now, I was sat doing some homework, but I was mostly just looking at the picture of Nathan and Paige that I had in my note book, as I played around with my locket around my neck. That also held a picture of them, and a picture of Nathan and I, it was something that I wore everywhere I went.

Plus I couldn't even really constant on what I was doing, because what Katie said was still cutting right through me. But I knew that Chris kissing me, meant absolutely nothing to me what so ever, because I love Nathan and I knew that I loved him, if I didn't, then I wouldn't have married him. Chris can't take that or my family away from me.

"You talk to your folks lately?" I heard Nathan say, which caused me to just slightly as I looked away from the picture, and up to see him sat across the table looking away at me.

"Uh, is that supposed to be a trick question? You know that I never really told to my parents...-the last time I talk to my mom was after I told her I married you, casuing her to post annulment papers to my old house. Which I shredded and threw into the bin." I said, with a light shrug as I continued to mess around with my locket, and Nathan raised an eyebrow up at me.

"What about Chris?" He asked, throw a stack of papers onto the table in front of me and my eyes widened at them.

"You seriously went through my emails?" I asked him, as I picked up the stack of papers and looked at them.

"What is this, Brielle?" He asked.

"Nothing. I sent him ine email to tell him and Haley good luck with the showcase." I said, as I began to flip through the pages of my emails that Nathan had printed off.

"It looks like more than one email to me, Brielle." Nathan said. I let out a quiet sigh, completely hating myself for what I was about to do, but you know what they say. When you lie ones, you lie again, and again, and again, until there is no way out and all you have to do is keep lying. But I absolutely hated that I was lying to the man that I loved.

"Scarlett, must've sent these on my account...-yeah, look at the dates. They all start after she got here. And this one was sent while I was on a shift at the cafe." I said, as I pointed st one of the emails sent to Chris.

"So, you didn't kiss Chris?" He asked.

"Scarlett is just stirring up trouble...-like always." I lied, and I hated how good that I had gotten at lying to him, and I hated that I was throw my sister under the bus like that.

"Okay. I'm gonna tell her to leave then. That cool with you?" He asked me, and if I was being honest that wasn't cool with me at all. Not after I told her she could stay if she kept my secret, but if I told him no, he would have just asked me more questions.

"Yeah...-she should go."

"Alright."

❪ 💍 ✧₊ 🎤 ˚.❁ ☔ ❫

"Hey, Peyton...-Katie!"

I called out as I ran after Katie and Peyton, who were walking down the pathway outside of school, the next day after I dropped off Pagie at the daycare center a little while way from school. Considering, Aunt Valerie couldn't take her today which I was fine with, as the people at the daycare took good care of Paige and they were really nice.

When they heard their names being called, they both looked over their shoulders to see who had called out their names. And when they saw that it was me, thankfully they stopped walking and waited for me to catch up to them.

"Hey."

"So...-Nathan found out that Chris kissed me." I said.

"You told him?" Katie asked, and I shock my head.

"No, my idiot sister...-Scarlett not Brooke." I said, as the three of us continued to walk, with me in the middle of them. "She was emailing Chris under my screen name because, apparently, the drama in her own life just isn't enough for her. And Nathan found the emails." I said and Peyton's eyes widened.

"Wait. Scarlett is in town? Geez, all we need is Avery to be here, and then all of the Davis siblings will be in town." She said, and I laughed a little. "But anyways, how did Nathan take it?" She asked.

"Uh...-I told him Scarlett made it all up." I told him with a heavy sigh. Both of them frowned at me, but trust me, either of them were as disappointed in me than I was with myself.

"So you lied to him again?" Katie asked. The three of us stopped walking, and the two of them stood in front of me, casuing em to look between the two of them. I nodded my head at them as I ran a hand through my hair.

"Yeah, and I feel really bad about it, but what's the point of telling Nathan? Chris is out of my life, alright? Nathan would feel worse if he knew the truth." I told them.

"What is the truth?" Peyton asked and she raised an eyebrow up in curiously.

"That Chris...-and I are connected through music. He understands that part of me in away that Nathan doesn't." I said, and then the three of us started walking again, and they both linked their arms through mine as I let out a sigh.

"Okay, Brielle, if...-if Chris were in town...-would you be into him? Because I mean...-you...-you let him kiss you." Katie said, and I frowned.

"I know, I should've pushed him away when I saw him leaning in, and it was a mistake." I told them.

"So, this whole connection is strictly music?" Peyton asked, and I quickly nodded my head.

"That's all it is. I love Nathan...-he's the love of my life."

❪ 💍 ✧₊ 🎤 ˚.❁ ☔ ❫

Later that day I was walking with Peyton in the halls of school, where we saw Brooke Putting up campaign posters. She was telling me that she was running for President. After my talk with Katie and Peyton, I hadn't really spoken to Katie much as we hadn't had many lessons together, but she did tell me that she would be here for me if I ever needed her or just wanted to talk.

"Hey." I said to my sister.

"Hey. Like my new campaign posters?" Brooke asked.

Peyton and I stood and looked at the posters, which read 'Brooke Davis For President'. With pictures of her holding some books, another one of her behind a desk pretending to write in a notebook. And the other one she was holding a flag.

"I've never seen you looking so. . ." Peyton trailed off.

"Presidential?" Brooke asked.

"More like virginal." I said with a laugh.

"Funny, seeing how that isn't even a word." Peyton said, as she looked at me with a smile, and I just laughed some more.

"So, miss happy, goofy grin queen. What's going on with you and Jake, because we know he's living with you." Brooke said.

The two of us started to tickle her and she blushed. "I don't know. Stop...-we're playing it by ear." Peyton said with a laugh.

"Is that all you're playing?" I asked with a smile.

"Okay, fine, don't tell us. I'll just keep my figures crossed and expect juicy details later." Brooke said. "Who did that?" She asked, casuing Peyton and I turned around, and see red labels across Brooke's posters. One read 'What a President with a 2.3 GPA?' and the other one said 'Brooke Davis Skipped 4th Period 30nTimes Last Year!'

The next thing we know, is that the hall TV's came on showing a video of Erica Marsh, who was Brooke's opponent. "In our great democracy anyone can run for president. But you deserve a leader you can trust. I have evidence that Brooke Davis stuffed the ballot box, to win home coming queen." Erica said, before the screen turned to a video of Brooke stuffing some ballots into the box for homecoming queen, for the whole school to see.

"I knocked it over by accident! I was just putting them back in!" Brooke explained.

"And that might not be all she stuffs." Erica said, before the screen turned to a clip of Brooke walking down the hall with some friends, and the camera zoomed right onto her boobs.

"Oh, please. I haven't stuffed since puberty! I can't believe that little bitch went negative." Brooke said, clearly really pissed.

"I can't believe she beat you too it." I said, looking up at the screen.

"This election, choose honestly. Vote for me, Erica Marsh." Erica said before the tv shut off and Brooke stood there just glaring at the screen, before we walked to class.

❪ 💍 ✧₊ 🎤 ˚.❁ ☔ ❫

The next morning, I was in the kitchen, and Nathan was somewhere in the apartment as well, but he was either in out bedroom or he the bathroom. I was sat down on a stole at the island with a rob on, and Paige in my arms as I feed her some milk, and I was flicking through the pages of some magazine. I spoke on the phone with Haley last night and she said that she was have so much fun on tour and that it was amazing, and I would have loved it as well. The way that she described it to me made me kind of regret not taking Chris up on his offer, to go with them. The front door opened up and when I glanced up, I saw Scarlett walking in.

"I was beginning to think you'd skipped town and left all of your things behind." I said, with a little laugh as I flicked the page over of magazine, and Scarlett sat down in the chair across from me.

"What do you care if I haven't been around? You're kicking me out, right?" She said.

I rolled my eyes at her. "Drop the attitude, Scar. You brought this on yourself. You've pulled a lot of crap over the years, but emailing Chris as me...-not even Brooke would do something that low. I just...-I can't believe you'd be such a conniving little bitch." I told her, and her eyes widned in shock but I just shrugged my shoulders. I took Paige's bottle out of her mouth, and lifted her up to my shoulder, where a hand towel was sat, and I started to bump her.

Scarlett narrowed her eyes, and pointed her finger at me. "Hey! You're the bitch who's letting a guy who is not your husband kiss you. You need a scapegoat, fine, let Nathan think this is all my fault, but you and I both know the kiss happened." She said, and then she cut herself off, because I could tell that she wanted to say more, but Nathan walked into the kitchen. I stood up from the stool, I was sat on, and walked over to himself till patting Paige's back, and I leaned up giving him a quick kiss. Nathan smiled down at me, before he took Pagie after she let out a big bump and I tossed the hand towel into the basket next the fridge.

"Hey! Have a bear claw, brother." Scarlett said, before she pushed a brown box over to Nathan. "We're celebrating. I'm leaving tonight." She said, looking right at me, and I let out a sigh as I looked back at her, and then there was a knocked at the door, causing Scarlett to get off her stool and walk over to open it up.

"Upgrade. I'm Dan." I heard Nathan's father say and I rolled my eyes, whilst as I tried my hardest to hold back my gag, but it didn't work at all. Hearing Dan try and flirt with my eldest sister was absolutely disgusting.

"And I'm out of your league." Scarlett told him, before she turned around and walked away from the door as Nathan walked over it, still holding our daughter close to his chest, and I followed after him to see why Dan was even there.

"Wanna bet?" Dan called back to Scarlett, and I gagged.

"What are you doing here?" Nathan asked his father, who was just standing in our doorway with a smirk on his face. I noticed that he was holding a cardboard box in his hands, and he glanced between me and Nathan, before he throw the box at me and luckily I was too caught off guard and managed to catch it.

I was just happy he didn't throw it at Nathan.

"That's the last of your stuff. I need to maks some room; Lucas is moving in." Dan said, and Nathan looked down at me, and we both shared the same look.

"Lucas is moving in with you?" I asked, in disbelief.

"Yeah, guess I'm not the devil after all. Enjoy your breakfast."

❪ 💍 ✧₊ 🎤 ˚.❁ ☔ ❫

"Alright, we're gonna go out to TRIC. Are you going to be here when we get back?" Is what I asked Scarlett when I walked into the living room from mine and Nathan's bedroom. Well, first we were dropping Pagie off at my aunt's and then we were going to TRIC. As Peyton had gotten one of my favourite groups, The Wreckers, to play at TRIC, so I was pretty excited about tonight. Scarlett looked over at me and shock her head.

"No. My bride's coming tonight." She said, throwing her clothes into her case. I hated this, because I shouldn't have put all of the blame onto Scarlett, as it wasn't all of her fault, most of it wasn't even her fault actually. This was mostly on me.

"Where are you going?" I asked her, and I really did actually want to know where she was going. Because I was stupid, I know that she wasn't going to go back to school, but I didn't want her to end up on the streets somewhere.

"I...-met some guy who's starting a surf shop down in the keys. I'll crash there for awhile." She said, and I let out a quiet sigh. Of course, she was foing to stay with people she didn't know, that's what she did a lot.

"And then what?"

"I don't know, Bree! I don't think that far ahead." She said, and I frowned at her as I crossed my arms over my chest.

"Well...-maybe you should."

"Right, because having a plan worked out so well for you." She slightly snapped at me, as she continued to Puck up her things, and I will admit, I did deserve that one, and I honestly deserved a lot worse than that.

"Well, listen...-uh...-" I walked over to the island and opened up my bag, taking out the rest of the money in it, most of it being tip money, before I walked back other to my sister. "...-it's not much but...-here. It's all I have." I said, and Scarlett didn't say anything to me, she just kept glancing between me and the money, and then I held it out for her to take.

"I want you to have it."

Scarlett lightly nodded her head, as she took the money out of my hands, and then she looked up at me with a grown on her face and she spoke in a soft tone. "Thanks, Bree...-but this won't make you feel any less guilty about Chris." She said, and I nodded my head looking down at the ground.

Because she was right, it didn't.

❪ 💍 ✧₊ 🎤 ˚.❁ ☔ ❫

"Hey!"

That is what I said when I made it to TRIC, after I dropped my daughter off at my aunt's house, and I came face to face with an old friend. He had left Tree Hill for a but but now it was good to have him back with us, where he belonged. I'm talking about Jake, who had to leave town because of the drama surrounding Nikki and Jenny, but I hoped he was back for good, as we all really missed.

"Oh, hey!" Jake said with a smile on his face, as we hugged one another.

"Welcome back!" I said.

"Thanks. How's Paige doing?" Jake asked when we pulled away from one another, and I looked up at him with a smile.

I lightly nodded my head. "She's doing great, thanks. How about Jenny?" I asked.

"She's great as well...-we should get the two of them together soon." Jake suggested, and I nodded my head, because I really liked that idea. It would have been nice for the two of them to at least have one friend.

"Yeah definitely."

"Hey...-speking of Nathan, where is he?" I looked passed Jake and saw my blonde best friend, Peyton, stood there with a smile on her face, and I gave her a quick hug first, before I pointed over at a random direction over my shoulder.

"Karen needed help with some boxes." I told her.

"Oh, well, I'll go help him out. I've been waiting to say hi to Karen, so...-I'll see ya." Jake said, and we both nodded our heads at him as he walked away, and then I looked at my best friend.

"Hi."

"Hi."

"So...-okay, this is going to sound pretty weird and very very groupie but...-I'm a huge Michelle Branch fan...-" But I was pretty sure that she already knew that, even the fact that Peyton pretty much knew everything about me.

"...-Oh."

"I was wondering if you could introduce me?" I asked, and Peyton smiled at me as she wrapped her arm around my shoulders, and I wrapped mine around her torso.

"Yeah, I will introduce you."

❪ 💍 ✧₊ 🎤 ˚.❁ ☔ ❫

"Hey guys, I'm sorry."

That is what Peyton said as the two of us, walked backstage and Peyton knocked on the door before we walked into the back room. Michelle Branch and Jessica Harp looked over at us, and nodded their heads.

"Oh, hey."

"Um, I just wanted to introduce you to my best. Michelle Branch, Jessica Harp. This is Brielle." Peyton introduced, and with a bright smile on my face I shock both of their hands, it was a dream come true.

"Hi." Michelle said.

"Hey...-Brielle Davis?" She asked, and I was pretty surprised that she even know who I was let alone my name, I mean, I knew who she was, but i wasn't famous like she was.

"Brielle Davis-Scott, actually." I politely corrected.

"Oh...-you know what, we've heard a lot about you." Michelle told me, and in that moment I was more confused than I had ever been in my life, it was pretty impossible for them to hear about me.

"Uh...-I don't believe that's possible." I said, before I looked next to me at Peyton, wondering if she was the reason they knew about me, but she looked just as confused as I did.

"No...-our opening act gave you rave reviews...didn't you?" Michelle said, looking right behind me, and when I turned around, I saw the last two people I thought that I would see. Chris and Haley were walking right into the room and my eyes widened, because I had no idea they would be there.

"I said she was okay." Chris said, as he continued to walk I to the room. I was honestly a little bit pissed that Peyton hadn't told me that Chris was going to be there, but I quickly forgot about him and immediately ran over to Haley and wrapped her up in a hug, she let out a laugh and hugged back, as we both smiled.

"Haley...-we all miss you a lot. Have you gotten to see Ben yet?" I asked her, and she quickly nodded her head.

"Yeah I did. I was just talking to him before Chris and I came back him, and then when the two of us have finished playing, I'll be in the crowd with him. It's really good to be home." She said, and I smiled as the two of us pulled away from our hug.

"So...-you're the opening act?" Peyton asked Chris, wait. She didn't have any idea that he would be there either, did she? Obviously not, because if she did, she would have definitely told me that Chris and Haley were going to be there.

"Not for long. I'll be headlining soon." Chris said.

"So, Brielle...-um, Chirs played us the song that you played and down background vocals with him and Haley, and it sounded really great. Your voice and musicality is amazing. You should join them on stage tonight." Michelle said.

"Oh, uh, thanks...-but I don't think...-I just...-I have to head out, but it was really nice to meet you guys." I said, before I quickly left the room. When I had the door closed behind me, I let out a breath, that I didn't know that I had been holding in. And in that moment, there was only one thing that I could think about.

Nathan was not going to like the fact that Chris was there.

❪ 💍 ✧₊ 🎤 ˚.❁ ☔ ❫

"What's he doing here?"

Nathan spat out after Peyton had introduced Chris and Haley onto the stage. People were cheering for Haley, as they know her and because we all love her, and I heard my brother 'hoot' from somewhere in front of me. I looked over my shoulder at my husband and noticed that his jaw was clenched, and his facial features were very tense.

"I swear to God that I didn't know that he was coming...-but I am glad to see Haley." I told him, and he nodded his head at me and I turned back to look at the stage, because I know he was going to say anything else to me.

"You guys still aren't ready for this. But I'm in a forgiving mood...-this one's for you, Brielle." Chris said, nodding at me and my eyes widened, because what the hell was he thinking? I just stood frozen in my place, because I didn't want to behind me at Nathan. I couldn't, because I knew he wasn't going to be happy.

"You know...-maybw we should get out of here." I said, reaching behind me to grab my husband hand a few minutes later, Chris and Haley were still performing up in the stage and Nathan shock his head as he squeezed my hand lightly.

"No, no. I'm gonna waste that guy." Nathan said, and then I noticed some stand next to me, and I looked over at saw that it was Scarlett standing there. Which I thought was weird, as she told me that she was leaving.

"I thought you weren't coming." I said to her.

"My bride's running late." She said, with a slight shrug of her shoulders, and then she pointed up at the stage, right at Chris. "Who's the stud?" She asked, and I rolled my eyes, and while I leaned against my husband, I felt his body tense up at her question casuing me to lightly squeeze his hand.

"Chris." He said stiffly.

"Well...-this evening just go interesting."

As Haley and Chris continued their performance, I felt Nathan left go of my hand, and felt his arm brush up against my back, because he was walking away, and I just watched him go and let out a sigh, as stayed where I was. Because if I had gone after him, what the hell was I supposed to say to him? I didn't even knew why he walked away for a start, we were just stood there in silence, listening Haley and Chris.

"Thanks a lot guys, you've been...-acceptable." Chris said, once he's and Haley's performance came to an end, and the crowd clapped and cheered for them.

"The Wreckers up next." Haley announced, as Chris looked right at me and gave me a smile, but I just kept my blank stare until I looked at Haley and gave her a bright smile, and I blew a kiss at her which caused her to laugh as she winked at me before the two of them made their way off of the stage. I glanced over at my sister, and let out a loud huff.

Because she had a huge smirk of her face.

❪ 💍 ✧₊ 🎤 ˚.❁ ☔ ❫

"Hey...-um, you and Haley played a really good set."

I had walked back into the room that I had been in earlier with Michelle Branch and Jessica Harp, but now it was only Chris, who was getting his things together. Haley was still out in the crowd somewhere Benjamin and I couldn't say that I blamed her, she hadn't been able to see him in weeks, so she obviously wanted to spend all the time she had with him before she and to leave again. Katie and her boyfriend, Adam Johnsom were stood with them as well, and I didn't blame them either considering Haley and Katie are best friends. [A/N: I know Adam hasn't actually been in the story except for that one time at the wedding reception, but he will be in the story more when we get to seasons 3&4. P.S. he is played by Cory Monteith]

"Yeah, I know." He said, and I rolled my eyes at him but I also could help the smile that come onto my face at the away he displayed his ego, and I nodded my head at him.

"Alright, well...-good luck." I said, before I turned around and made my way back over to the door, but just before I opened it up I heard his voice again.

"You want to know about it, don't you? The tour...-the music." He said, and I let my hand fall off of the door knob and I turned around to face him again, because he was right. I did want to know want it. "It's all happening for me, for Haley, right now." He said, and he slowly made his way over to me. "It could still happen for you, Brielle." He told me.

"It will, someday. I'll be a big...-an even big star than you are, you'll see." I said, with a small smile on my face.

"Well, someday is here...-I talked to Michelle, she wants you in the tour." He said, and my eyes widened at him. Michelle Bramch really wanted me on tour with her?

Was I dreaming?

"What!?"

"People love the song. Yeah, mine and Haley's vocals sound good together, but you're voice is there too, and like Michelle said...-your voice and musicality is insane, Brielle. You know, Jessica started off as Michelle's back-up singer. Look at them now. The difference between wannabes and successes is grabbing opportunity." Chris told me, and I looked down at the ground.

"Our tour bus leaves in a couple if hours, and you know you should be on it." Chris said, and I looked up from the ground at him instead. "You brave enough?"

Was I?

❪ 💍 ✧₊ 🎤 ˚.❁ ☔ ❫

"You know, now that Scarlett's leaving, maybe we'll have enough hot water for our own showers." Nathan said to me, as he walked into the apartment and I walked in pushing Paige in her buggy, after we got back from TRUC and my aunt's house. I looked down out Paige to make sure she was still sleeping, and then I hopped up onto the island as Nathan walked over to me, and I wrapped my arms around him and pulled him closer to me and placed a quick kiss onto his lips, and then I hugged him in a tight embrace.

"Bree, what's wrong?" Nathan asked me, and I felt his hand rubbing my back up and down, and I let myself sink into the feeling for a moment before I pulled way from our hug, and left my arms around his neck.

"Um...-Michelle Branch likes my sound. She thinks I could be a singer or a musician. Like, a real one." I said. Nathan smiled at my words, and I let myself taking it in because I knew my next words would kill his smile. "...-Chris said that she wants me on tour. I'm so far ahead with my classes and I would be back in time for finals."

"So says the great Chris." Nathan said, with a lot of sarcasm laced in his voice and I let out a sigh.

"No, this isn't about him...-it's never been about him, Nate. This is about...-opportunity. I have, for my entire life, been the reliable one and the dependable one and I have always done precisely...-what is expected of me." I told him.

"Until I got you pregnant...-and we got married." He said.

"Exactly! When I had Paige and married you, for the very first time I was finally doing something that was for me...something that I wanted...-and the world didn't come to an end. And I have that chance again." I said with a smile on my face and Nathan raised an eyebrow up at me, as he took a step back casuing my arms to fall from around his neck.

"If you leave me and our daughter...-" He said in warning tone.

"Nathan, I'm not leaving either of you. This isn't the end of you and me...-or our family. This is my shot to find out if I am good enough to have a life in music. Or if nights at TRIC are all I get." I said.

"And this had nothing to do with Chris?" He asked.

I instantly shock my head at him. "No, absolutely not." I said firmly and Nathan let out a loud snort as he shock his head, and I absolutely hated this, because the person he used to be was started to show.

"Then why haven't you asked Paige and I to come with you?" He asked, and that question left me speechless. Why hadn't I asked him to come with me? It's not like I didn't want them there with me, but what about basketball? And it wasn't exactly easy to take a baby on tour. And would he have even wanted to go with me?

"Did you kiss him?" Nathan asked me, taking another step away from him and a tear fall down my cheek. There was the question at hand, but the truth was, I never kissed Chris, but at the same time, I didn't push him away from me when he kissed me, and that was my biggest mistake.

"He kissed me...-I didn't kiss him back though, but I didn't push him away either." I said, and Nathan walked backwards to create real space between us. And the sadness in his face only caused more tears to roll down my cheeks, and his face fell into brokenness and I hated that I was the cause of his pain. But I couldn't keep lying to him anymore, it was time for him to know the truth. I was still sat on the island, and I grabbed a hold of his hands and lightly pulled him back over to me, and wrapped my arms around his next again.

"I'm so sorry...-you have to believe me, I only didn't push him away from me was because I was in complete shock that he was even kissing me in the first place. This is not what this is about, Nathan...-" He cut me off.

"...-Brielle, listen; if you want to go, you should go." He said, and then he took a deep breath. "But if you do...-" He removed my arms from around his neck and walked away from me once again. "...-you're not taking my daughter with you...-and we're done." My eyes widened. And I didn't even get to say anything back to him because he turned away from me.

And then he left the apartment.

❪ 💍 ✧₊ 🎤 ˚.❁ ☔ ❫

Third Person's Point of View

After she put her daughter in her crib, Brielle Davis-Scott went into her bedroom and sat down on her bed, and thought about her husband's ultimatum. She knew that she loved music, and she knew that loved Nathan and their little family, but she couldn't believe that he had said if she goes on tour, they're whole relationship is over. She was sat in the middle of the bed hugging a pillow to her chest, as she let the tears roll down her cheeks, fast. Her oldest sister Scarlett walked into the bedroom, and she sat down on the bed next to Brielle, and gently rubbed her shoulder.

"I know what it's like to search for something more, Bree-Bree." Scarlett told her little sister with a soft smile on her face, and then she started to run her fingers through Brielle's hair. "That's why I'm always running. But then, I've never had a Nathan to come home to."

Meanwhile

Nathan Scott was walking the streets of Tree Hill, not having a destination in mind. He knew deep down that what he told Brielle wasn't fair, but the only reason that he had said it was because he didn't want her to leave hima and their daughter behind. He knew that music was important to her.

But he didn't want to lose her to it.

Nathan walked past his wife's childhood home, and he slowly turned back around and stood frozen as he stared at the path, when the two of them had their first real kiss, because he didn't like to count that night they slept together as their first real kiss. It was nearly one year ago, that Nathan finally gave into what he felt about her and kissed her for real near the beginning of their juinor year, which was now slowly coming to an end. Nathan was sent back into a flashback of the moment he knew he wanted to be with her forever.

Flashback

"Well, who the hell do you wanna be, Nate?" Brielle asked.

"I want to be someone who's good enough to be see with you...-again." Nathan said.

Brielle groaned because that was a perfect answer and that frustrated her. "Well, Nate you should have thought about that last night on our date. You know, all my life I've tried to stick by you and I keep on putting myself out there, and you just always blow it, but that's probably a good thing because by this point these absolutely nothing you could say or do that could fix any of this." She said, and she hadn't realised how close they were, until he connected her lips with his.

The kiss caught her off guard at first and she wasn't sure how she should react to it, but eventually she started to kiss him back. "Well, maybe expect for that." She whispered as she pulled away from him slowly. "Maybe, you shouldn't have done that, Nate."

"I wanted to." He said.

"Yeah...-" She whispered before she grabbed his shirt and pulled him closer to her and connected their lips again.

And Nathan knew that he wanted to be with her forever.

Present Day

Nathan Scott suddenly realized what a huge mistake that he had just made, and then he took of running in the direction that was backwards his home. He ran as fast as his legs would take him, and hoped that his wife was still at home, even after the words he had said to her, and the choice that he had taken to force her into it. He wanted to take it all back, and he needed her to forgive him for it.

When he ran into the apartment, he frantically looked around for his wife as he took in deep breaths to regain himself. He noticed a shadow moving in his bedroom and let out a deep breath of relief, hoping that it would be Brielle in there.

"Bree?" He called out, and to Nathan's disappointment, instead of his wife walking put of their bedroom. It was her sister Scarlett instead and she wore a small, but sad smile on her face, as she looked at Nathan because she knew what she was about to say would break his heart.

"I'm sorry, Nathan...-she's gone."

"Paige?"

Was the first thing to come out of Nathan's mouth, because in that moment the only thing he worried about was where is daughter was and if she was doing okay. Scarlett didn't say anything to him and just pointed at the door, and just as she did a loud crying came from the bedroom. Nathan quickly rushed into his daughter's bedroom and closed the door behind him, and then he walked over to Paige and picked up. He slowly rocked his daughter to soothe her back to sleep as he let his tears fall down his face, and he leaned down and kissed Paige's forehead.

"It's okay, baby, daddy's here...-and I promise I'll never leave you."

━━

Author's note:

Please do not hate on Brielle for leaving her daughter behind, because this is all part of my plan that I have for season 3.

Like, I've already planned this book all the way to season 6.

Also, I know that Paige hasn't been in it much but it was hard to find places to out her, but she will be in it more when we get to season three.

Anyways, don't forget to comment/vote.

- Kylie 🤍

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

746K 27.4K 102
The story is about the little girl who has 7 older brothers, honestly, 7 overprotective brothers!! It's a series by the way!!! πŸ˜‚πŸ’œ my first fanfic...
72K 2.1K 13
" I am gonna punish you for your all lies " suga says in his heavy breathe glaring at the boy whose lips has his saliva still. A shiver ran down his...
19K 321 28
Dahlia Jenkins thought she had her whole life figured out she had planned everything that she wanted to do during her last days in high school and he...
250K 7.3K 87
Daphne Bridgerton might have been the 1813 debutant diamond, but she wasn't the only miss to stand out that season. Behind her was a close second, he...