Paradise (Book One)

By AlphaOmega12

A woman who has everything except her father's love...and a man who has nothing but revenge in his heart....W... More

You And Me (We Wanted It All)
Dance With My Father Again
Can't Take My Eyes Off Of You
One Hello
Brown Eyes
Just A Kiss
Distance
When I Saw You
Need You Now
I'd Rather
I Hate You Then I Love You
Crazy
Wanted You More
Insensitive
Just The Way You Are
Wide Awake
Begin Again
Circles
Stop And Stare
The Reason (Part One)
The Reason (Part Two)
The Reason (Part Three)
Dear John
Crying
Breathe Easy
Bluebird
Back To December
Someone Like You
Back To December (Again)
State of Grace
Could I Have This Kiss Forever
Sometime Love Just Ain't Enough
Run
Goodbye
Tell Him
Hey
I Won't Give Up
Seduces Me
Honesty
Tell Her About It
I'll Make Love To You
Taking Chances
Stand By Me
I Only Want To Be With You
Only One Road
Almost Paradise
Untitled

Red

3.4K 61 9
By AlphaOmega12

Cause love was like driving a new Maserati down a dead end street...

Days went on at hindi na nagparamdam pa si Gerald kay Asher.

Should she be disappointed? At first, she's fine with it. She went to her old life, walang iniisip kundi work, work and work. And of course her father.

She's convinced she's done with the guy with brown eyes.

She tried her best to concentrate on her job dahil ayaw na rin niyang mapahiya sa kanyang ama. One time he called and asked about the company. Ni hindi siya nito kinumusta kung ok lang siya, what she's been doing, if she's still breathing.

Hindi na yata darating yung time na magkakalapit sila ng kanyang ama. And she's started to accept that realization and be fine with it.

The same realization that's been running on her mind since day one. It's useless regretting the "what ifs" if she's with Gerald.

It's one of those days where she's filled with works and papers to sign and meetings to attend to, yet as soon as she stops her concentration on work, his face would be the first that would popped in her memories.

Hindi yata napapagod ang utak niya sa kare-replay ng mukha ng lalake sa balintataw niya. Maka-Gerald ang utak niya.

She'd allow herself to daydream for a while, assured na magsasawa din siya sa pagmumukha nito. Maybe if she keeps replaying all the short moments that they had, she'll wake up one day and had forgotten about it. Is it possible to happen? Sana.

She stopped what her doing and started to daydream when her secretary came in with a bouquet of flowers. And her eyes lighted up when she saw them.

Her favorite ones came back!

"Welcome back, tulips!" sabay abot ni Maja ng mga bulaklak.

She stared at the flowers. They were blue ones. Blue as what's she's feeling right now.

She missed the flowers. For a while, walang dumating sa kanyang mga bulaklak tulad ng nasa harapan niya.

The usual ones that she received, automatic na kung ano ang gagawin ni Maja sa mga yon. But tulips, Maja made sure they go straight to her office, put them in a vase, and put it in front of her table so she can see them when she comes in.

"So, what's the music this time?" tanong ng secretary niya.

"It's so hard to be ALONE...."basa niya sa nakasulat na card.

"Cheesy! May initials na?"

"None. Sa tingin mo magpapakilala pa si mystery guy?" tanong niya dito.

"Parang walang balak. Sana lang hindi siya magsawa sa pagpapadala ng mga yan para naman sumaya ka kahit konti. Pero hindi eh. Sigurado akong hindi siya magsasawa. At saka hindi magagasgas ang bulsa niya kahit ang mamahal nang mga bulaklak na yan."

Sino nga ba si mystery guy?

Both of them were deep in their thoughts when someone knocked and came in.

It was Hans.

"Hi Beautiful! Flowers for you!" sabay abot nang mga bulaklak sa kanya.

Nagkatinginan sila ni Maja.

"May nauna na pala sa akin," kunwaring nalulungkot na sabi nito.

Asher put down the tulips and stood up to greet Hans. She welcomed his kiss.

Si Hans na lang kaya?

"Ikaw talaga. How are you? What brought you here?"

"The usual," sagot nito. "I'm gonna invite you to lunch this time. Available ka ba?"

Lumingon si Asher kay Maja.

"You don't have any meeting scheduled until two pm."

"Okay. Tutal it's almost twelve noon na rin. What about you Maj, wanna join us?"

"And disturb Hans with his courting tactics in the middle of the day? No way! Baka lumaki pang mga mata nyan sa galit sa akin. You two enjoy!"

"You shut up, you tiny woman!" galit na turan ni Hans dito.

"Whatever, bamboo!"

"Tumigil na nga kayong dalawa. Hindi ba kayo nagsasawang magbangayan?" nakataas-kilay niyang tanong.

"Eh siya kasi..."

"At pareho pa kayo ng sinabi ha? Iba na yan, ha" pagbibiro niya.

"Eeeww...kahit naman kamukha siya ni Lee hindi ko yan papatulan noh! At least si Lee may mata, yan wala, guhit lang!"

"Sorry, Asher. I prefer my women tall," sagot naman ni Hans.

"Ewan ko sa yo, tikin! Dyan na nga kayo. I'll take my lunchbreak na rin total aalis ka. Binabawi ko na ang sinabi ko. I hope you enjoy your lunch, Asher. At yang kasama mo, sana hindi matunawan," sabay belat na paalam nito sa kanila.

"You better change your secretary, sweetheart. Umaabuso na siya."

"Ang sabihin mo, hindi umubra ang kalokohan mo sa kanya. I'll give you the chance now na siya ang isama mo sa lunch."

"Wag na at baka tuluyan akong hindi matunawan. Let's go."

Off they go to the place where Hans already made their reservations.

Hindi tinantanan ni Asher ang panunudyo sa binata tungkol kay Maja.

They reached the place, nagkukulitan pa rin. They were both laughing while walking to the entrance of the restaurant when another couple from the other side was also going inside. She almost bumped to them kung hindi siya agad nayakap ni Hans.

She was about to say sorry to the pair. But when she looked up, it was those fiery brown eyes that met her. Hindi na siya nakapagsalita. Napatitig na lang siya dito.

"Sorry about that." Si Hans na ang nagsalita. "Anderson," sabay abot ng kamay kay Gerald.

"Tan." Gerald shook hands with Hans.

"Kim, hi!" bati nito sa babaeng kasama ni Gerald. "Kelan ka pa dumating?"

"Oh hi there Hans!" bati ng babae kay Hans sabay beso dito. "Just this morning. Gerald fetched me from the airport and invited me for lunch. What about you? How are you doing?"

"I'm great! I'm with my girl, here. Sorry, so rude of me. Asher, sweetheart, meet Kim Chui. Anak siya ng isa sa mga shareholders ng Tan Enterprise. Kim, Asher Geronimo, my girlfriend. "

"Oh hi there. Finally we meet. Hans talked so much about you," sabi pa nang babae while she greeted Asher with an air kiss.

She just smiled and kissed back.

Hans and Kim started with their catch-up conversation.

Wala sa pinag-uusapan ng dalawa ang utak niya. Ni hindi nga niya narinig ang mga sinabi ni Hans at ng babae.

She's only aware of the brown eyes that keep staring at her. Parang gusto siyang sugurin ng mga nagmamamay-ari noon.

Pero siya din, parang gusto rin niyang manugod. She wanted to pull back the woman's arms around Gerald's waist. She did not like what she's seeing. Naiinis siya sa babae. Pero mas naiinis siya kay Gerald. Mukhang kampanteng-kampante ito sa lingkis ng mga braso ni Kim.

It's not the first time she saw him with arms wrapped around with someone. Only, they were pictures. She'd seen lots of pictures of him with women, mapa-diyaryo man o internet.

Pero iba pala kapag personal na niyang makita ito na may kasamang babae. Parang puputok ang dibdib niya at gustong sumigaw at sabunutan ang babae.

Gerald himself tried to control his anger. Tahimik din lang siya habang pinagmamasdan sina Kim at Hans na nag-uusap.

Nope, he's not jealous of Hans because of Kim. He knows the two known each other longer than he knows Kim.

It's the woman beside Hans he's been jealous at.

He kept his distance from Asher after that day at the penthouse. He left her alone as she wanted. He also left her alone for his own peace of mind.

For days, he was agreeing to his plan. He busied himself with work, parties and women. But everytime he's with someone, may hinahanap siya na hindi niya alam kung ano. But he's not paying attention to that nagging feeling inside and continue acting and living like he used to.

Until he woke up this morning looking for her. At habang naliligo, nakabuo siya ng desisyon. Kaysa masira ang ulo niya sa kaiisip at pag-iwas dito, he will just follow what his mind kept banging him to do. Maybe after he has his fill, magsasawa din siya.

His plan to see Asher was stalled when he received a call from Kim, asking him if he could fetch her from the airport.

Kim was his constant bedmate. She's the most liberated woman he knew. Since the start of their so called "relationship", he didn't have any problem with the woman. That's why magkasundo sila at nagtagal ang "relasyon" nila. Walang itong inhibitions sa katawan. Like him, she also hates commitments. It was clear between them from the beginning na hanggang sa kama lang ang anumang meron sa kanila.

He fetched her from the airport and invited her for lunch to catch up. They are friends. Ito lang ang babaeng naging kaibigan nya at the same time ini-enjoy sa kama. Friends with benefits ang motto nilang dalawa.

They were just about to enter into a restaurant when they bumped to Asher and Hans.

He was surprised to see her. Surprise that almost made him feel elated until he saw the hands wrapped around her, embracing her. Suddenly, the area looked like it was overshadowed with red.

And what?!?

Did he hear it right???

She's now the girlfriend of this paled-face Chinese guy???

No way, man! Hindi siya papayag.

Brows crossed he looked at Hans like an angry bull ready to attack the red flag that is being waved at him.

"Gerald, honey. Are you okay? Your ear turned red," puna ni Kim dito. "Was it the sun?" lambing pa nito sa lalake. "Let me kiss that away from you," and Kim started to nibble his ears.

Asher was aghast with what she saw!

"Gusto yata nang babaeng ito na mawalan ng buhok," nanggigigil na si Asher. How dare her doing that! And in public?! Hindi na marunong mahiya?!?

"At ang walang-hiya, gusto naman ang ginagawa ng babae sa kanya," Upon looking at Gerald, mas gusto na niya ngayong ito ang sabunutan.

"Will you two get a room? You're in a public place," Hans voiced out her thoughts.

"We will, after our lunch," sabay kindat ni Kim kay Gerald.

"Let's go. I'm hungry. Excuse us." Gerald looked at her, angry, then turned to Hans. "Tan."

"Anderson," paalam ni Hans.

"Grrrr."

"Hey, what's wrong? You're okay?"

"Ha? Ahm, I'm fine."

"Let's go inside? Tustado na tayo dito sa init ng araw."

Hihilingin na sana ni Asher kay Hans na sa ibang restaurant sila kumain, pero baka magtaka ito sa kanya. Makulit pa man din ito at hindi siya tatantanan hangga't hindi siya umaamin. Plus, he already made the reservations for them.

They went inside and she's thankful tago sa karamihan ang mesang ni-reserve ni Hans para sa kanila. Kung makikita niya sina Gerald at Kim kahit sa peripheral vision niya, hindi siya makakakain.

Pero kahit wala na sa paningin niya ang dalawa, naiwan naman sa kanyang isipan ang imahe ng mga ito, lalo na nung kinakagat-kagat ni Kim ang tenga ni Gerald.
"Get lost!" naibulalas niya.

"What?!" Hans, surprised. "You want me to get lost?"

"No! Oh, please, I'm sorry. I did not mean to blurt out my thoughts."

"And what is that thought?"

"Nothing."

"Nothing?"

"Nothing."

"Sure ka it's nothing?"

"Hans, nagsisimula ka na namang maging makulit. Do you still want me to join you for lunch? Or I'll just stand here and leave you alone?" tuluyan na siyang nainis. She started to stand up.

"Hey, hey. Hindi ka na mabiro. Please sit down. Ano ba kasi ang nangyari sa yo at biglang uminit yang ulo mo? We were still laughing kanina ah? Nakita mo lang si Anderson, parang bubuga na ng apoy yang mga mata mo. Was it because of what happened that night?" referring to the incident at the fund-raising event. "Does he still bother you?"

"No." She did not correct what he said, otherwise she'll be forced to elaborate more.

And she thought it was fine. Him, not bothering her anymore.

Until she saw him with that woman.

Ang damuho at mukhang hindi naman apektado sa naging usapan nila sa penthouse nung isang araw. "Nami-miss pala ha?" paghihimutok niya.

Hindi niya nagustuhan ang inasal niya kanina nang makita itong may kasamang iba. It's not in her character na bigla na lang magagalit at mag-iisip ng masama sa kapwa.

But with Gerald involved, iba siya. Kanina lang niya na-realize, may pagka-possessive pala siya. Kahit wala naman silang relasyon nung tao, ayaw niyang makikita itong may kadikit na babae. Ayaw niyang may kalapit ito. Nagseselos siya.

Nagseselos siya!

No way!

It can't be!

"Are you IN LOVE with Anderson?" biglang tanong ni Hans.

Nabigla siya sa tanong nito at nabitawan ang mga kubyertos na hawak.

"What?!"

"I said, you're in love with Anderson." Hindi na patanong ang salita nito, confirmation na.

"Of course not!! From where you got that ridiculous idea?!" diing pagtanggi niya.

No way she's in love with that brute!

"You may not notice princess but I'd been observing you mula pa kanina. You had that dagger look since you saw him. Not only in him but Kim. You did not notice but the tip of your nose was sweating and your brows crossed, it's like a zigzag road of Baguio. Pinapawis lang yang ilong mo kapag galit na galit ka na. And the way you looked at that poor woman, you looked like you want to drag her through her hair and throw her at the lions' den. It only means one thing," pambibitin nito.

"What?" singhal niya dito, lalong naiinis.

"You are into him," sabay subo ng pagkain at ngumuya. Ngumingisi pa.

Tuluyan na siyang nawalan ng gana.

"Am I?"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.9K 127 63
The adventure of ms. Souven ley wert and her friends to other world. At doon na magsisimula ang lahat. Mystery will be your curiosity... Selfishnes...
1.2K 231 39
A girl who loves to read books about constellation science, and is very fascinated about the mystery of the universe. During their educational tour...
1.2K 295 3
Có tin đồn lớn! Sakura Haruka có bạn gái rồi! Thậm chí còn ôm hôn nữa cơ!!! Mạc Kỳ Khuê Đăng tải trên nền tảng Wattpad và Face ở page: Lạc vào biển C...
117K 3.7K 57
There's one person who are meant for us ... One person that will let us feel how perfectly imperfect we are. When Mikha met Aiah's eyes she knew at t...