Galaxies (Alec Lightwood)

By FredWeasleyLover555

Theres this mysterious girl that keeps helping the shadowhunters when they're fighting demons. More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43

Chapter 27

242 4 0
By FredWeasleyLover555

We're in the institute and Alec is briefing everyone on the issue.

"We have lost seven of our own, but we can't allow a single radical Seelie to define the entire Downworld, any more than we can allow Valentine to define all Shadowhunters. So, to restore unity with our allies, I will be hosting regular cabinet meetings here with the Downworld leaders of New York. These meetings will promote..." Alec says.

"I'm all for unity, but does he have to bring them here?" Lindsay asks.

"What do you expect? He's dating a vampire." Duncan says.

"Still can't believe Alec Lightwood is in charge." She says.

"Just wait. In a week, it'll be someone else." He says.

"Hey. Show some respect." Izzy says.

"Security will be tighter, both here and in the sub-cells. Please, let's make the Downworlders feel welcome." Alec says.

Alec nods and walks down the platform. The crowd dissolves and Alec approaches me, Jace, and Clary.

"Look at you. In charge for a week, you're already shaking things up. I think this cabinet thing's a good idea." Jace says,

"Yeah, I'm not sure everyone agrees." He replies.

"All the more reason to do it. How can I help?" Clary asks.

"Actually, I need you and Jace for a mission. Going to the Seelie Court." Alec says.

"Where is that?" She asks.

"The nearest entrance is in Central Park. But it's in another realm. Where the Seelie Queen lives." Izzy says.

"I requested an audience with her to discuss Kaelie's crimes. However, she said she'll only meet with "Valentine's experiments"." Alec tells them.

"Wow. Charming nickname. So you think the Seelie Queen is responsible for Kaelie's attacks?" Clary asks.

"That's what I want you to find out." Alec says.

"That would make sense. Those murders weren't exactly Kaelie's style." Jace says.

"How did you know Kaelie?" Clary asks.

"Book club." He replies.

"Yeah right." I say.

"What... you read?" She asks.

"Yeah. Why does everyone find that so hard to believe?" He says.

"Because you're lying." I say.

"Look, focus. We need to find out if she's complicit. An entire faction could be turning against us." Alec says.

"That shouldn't be too hard, right? Seelies can't lie." Clary says.

"Technically, yes. But after hundreds of years of practice, they can expertly manipulate the truth, and the queen's the master." Jace says.

"Yeah, we've met a few times. She has an interesting personality." I say.

"She's very dangerous. The entire realm is. More than one Shadowhunter hasn't made it back." Izzy says.

"What could go wrong? But we're, uh, "Valentine's experiments", right? Don't mess with us." Clary says.

They go off on their mission.

"You and me need to go meet Luke to try to convince him to join the cabinet." Alec tells me.

"Okay, lets go." I reply.
—————————————————————————————————————————
We go to Jade Wolf.

"You're the only one who hasn't agreed to join the cabinet." Alec says.

"Why should I?" Luke asks.

"Well, you're the most respected pack leader in New York. And as a former Shadowhunter, you understand what's at stake for both sides." Alec says.

"And we need a representative from each species, preferably the leaders." I add.

"Yeah, that's exactly why I can see this for what it is. An empty gesture. Look, after all the Downworld has been through, Alec, we need change. Real change." Luke says.

"I couldn't agree more." He replies.

"Then prove it. Destroy the Soul Sword." Luke says.

"You know that the Clave will never destroy a Mortal Instrument." He says.

"Then Valentine needs to die." He says.

"Yeah, everybody wants that." I say.

"You're right. I promise, I will do everything I can to push for Valentine's execution with the Clave. But this isn't just about Valentine. It's about improving Shadow World relations. And that's what this cabinet can do, but not without you." Alec says. Then Luke sighs.

We depart Jade Wolf and head back to the institute.

"It's important this meeting tonight go smoothly." Alec says.

"It will. I'll be by your side the whole time." I say.

"Actually, I... I'd rather you not." He says.

"Why?" I ask.

"It's just I don't wanna be accused of any kind of vampire favoritism." He says.

"I see. Perhaps Raphael should go instead." I say.

"No, I need you there, Desiree. But as a vampire representative, not as my girlfriend. Is that okay?" He asks.

"Yeah." I say.

"Thank you. They need to see that my personal relationships don't affect my professional ones. And they're going to pretty convinced that I have favorites because of the baby." He says.

We get back there and run into Maryse.

"Mom, what are you doing here?" He asks her.

"I wanted to congratulate you on the promotion. I'm so pleased to see the Lightwoods back in command. I always knew this was your destiny. When you were little, I'd find you in here, sitting behind your father's desk, writing out your own memos in crayon. Well, here you are. Your father and I couldn't be prouder. And we're also proud of your future family. I'm sorry for the way I acted when I found out, it was just a big surprise." She says.

"It's fine." I say.

"Speaking of Dad... What's the latest? Are you leaving him?" Alec asks.

"It's complicated, Alec." She says.

"It's not. He cheated on you." He says.

"And it's over between us. But... we can't let our marital problems undermine our political careers. The last thing we want is to tarnish the Lightwood name." She says.

"It's been through a lot worse. Look, I haven't told Izzy yet, but you know how fast gossip spreads. She shouldn't hear about it secondhand." She says and leaves.
——————————————————————————————————————-
Me, Alec, and Izzy are getting ready for the meeting when Meliorn comes in.

"Okay, you look good." I tell Alec.

"You do too. You're showing off that baby bump well." He says.

"I must say, when I received your invitation, I was skeptical. I still am, though your sister's presence is always heartening." Meliorn says.

"As is yours, Meliorn." Izzy replies.

"Well, tonight, I hope to erase that skepticism." Alec says.

Alec holds out his hand and Meliorn shakes his hand.

He and Izzy go into the conference room. Magnus enters and approaches me and Alec.

"Lovely to see you, Mr. and Mrs. Lightwood." Magnus says.

"You know best that we aren't there yet. Maybe in the future though." I say.

"Yeah in the future." Alec says looking sad.

"And you, Mr. Bane. Thank you for taking the time." I say.

"Mmm. I wouldn't miss it. I have tremendous respect for the new Head of the Institute." He replies.

Magnus makes his way to the conference room. Then Luke enters. Alec holds out his hand.

"You won't regret this." He says,

"I hope not." Luke says, shaking his hand.

Luke makes his way to the other leaders. Me and Alec head in as well.

We sit around a table with Alec.

"So, what does this Downworld cabinet even mean?" Magnus asks.

"It means creating total transparency about all Shadowhunter decisions that involve the Downworld. The goal is to have weekly meetings here to discuss any updates, questions, concerns." Alec says.

"Well, I applaud Mr. Lightwood for his progressive thinking." I say.

"Cause you're totally unbiased." Magnus says to me.

"Alec, you are not the first to attempt something like this. But it never works out because the Clave is not willing to compromise." Meliorn says.

"But I am. In time, we will be able to reason with the Clave. I'm sure of it." He says.

"And what about Valentine? Can this cabinet appeal for his execution?" Luke asks.

"If this is going to work, we can't start with the impossible." Alec says.

"Well, that's kinda hard to believe, considering the man that massacred our people is sitting in a cell beneath our feet." Luke replies.

"Luke, I know you're upset, but we have to be diplomatic about this." I say.

"Diplomacy gets us nowhere. Nothing has changed in 20 years." He replies.

"The werewolves aren't the only ones with their vendetta. Everyone has a reason to want Valentine dead, I, more than anyone." Magnus says.

"And why is that?" He asks.

"You said total transparency. You remember Azazel? Before we sent him back to Hell, he used... demonic magic to put Valentine's mind in my body." He explains.

"So Valentine was walking freely, wearing your face?" Luke asks.

"Yes, but not for long. He's now back in his cell, for good." He says.

"This is what I'm talking about. The Clave has to know about this. If Valentine was able to escape, they have to execute him." Luke insists.

"The Clave already knows. It won't change their minds. What other options do we have?" Alec asks.

"I need to talk to my pack. Excuse me while I make a phone call." Luke says leaving the table.

"Let's take a recess." Alec says.

"So that went well." I say to him.

"At least two out of four of us is willing to work with you." I say.

"That's just because you guys are our friends." He says.

"Yeah, Meliorn is the only person not involved in other ways, and he still is a little bit, by Izzy." I say.

We gather around the table again, except for Luke.

"I understand your concerns. When Luke gets back, we can discuss a neutral location for meetings." Alec says.

Sebastian enters and puts his hand on Alec's shoulder.

"Might I speak to you for a moment?" He asks.

"Excuse me." He says then leaves.

Then they run downstairs.

"Oh I'm sure they'll be back. They probably have important business to attend to." I say.

"So have you thought of a baby name yet?" Magnus asks.

"Yeah, I think I have one." I say.

"Because if you don't, I have quite a few suggestions." Magnus says.

"Sure." I say. Then we spend the next hour listening to Magnus list names he likes, and why he likes them.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

384K 11K 200
In which I write short gif imagines for the shadowhunters characters. 𝐒𝐡𝐚𝐝𝐨𝐰𝐡𝐮𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐬 𝐆𝐢𝐟 𝐒𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐬 𝐂𝐨𝐦𝐩𝐥𝐞𝐭𝐞𝐝
4.2K 82 23
Simon and Clary become shadowhunters after they run into Alec, Jace, and Isabelle.
315K 8.9K 58
Just some Magnus Bane / Alec Lightwood oneshots.
183K 3.5K 11
Alec rings up everyone: Magnus is very sick and they don't know how to cure him. Before Magnus falls into unconsciousness, he gives them a name: Mary...