The Mafia and his Nerd

By AisheeSaha

RANKING #1 11/05/2018(in #fallinginlove) RANKING #2 11/05/2018(in italianmafia) RANKING #7 11/05/2018(in sing... More

A/N
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
OMG!!!
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
FICTION AWARDS๐Ÿ˜ฒ๐Ÿ˜ฒ
Thank you!!
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Surprise
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
OMG!!!(Part 2)
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Hey guys!
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
I'm back!
Chapter 45

Chapter 39

6.2K 242 36
By AisheeSaha

Ava's POV

When I came back from Italy two months back, I thought all the shenanigans in my life were over. But no. There is always something lurking in the background that comes back unexpectedly. I was rocking Alex back and forth and he was almost asleep when I intended to put him in the crib but he was not having it.

"Why are you so fussy, bubba?" I asked Alex.

He snuggled closer to my chest and held onto me with a vice grip. "You want to sleep on Mama, huh?" I said sighing already exhausted from the day. I picked up a blanket and wrapped it around him and went towards my kitchen/dining space. He looked up noticing me enter.

"He doesn't want to be put down," I said sitting down on the chair.

"You want me to make you dinner?" He asked.

"Nate you didn't come back all this way to make me dinner. Speak up what you want to and let's get this over with." I said.

He nodded. He runs his hand through his hair and sighs. "I don't know where to start," he said. I rock Alex a little more when he fusses again and said, "I don't know Nate. I know nothing about what went in the time-lapse of two years. My loved ones disappeared from my life. I got a child. Then I got kidnapped and eventually found you but you were not you and then I....... um came back."

"You don't have to hide it from me. I know." He said. I gasped.

"You know what?" I asked feigning not knowing what he was talking about.

"I know about you and Amadeo." he said.

"What is there to know about?" I said

"Don't be so coy Ava. It was pretty obvious. I know that you are hurt and I'm partly responsible for it too."

"Isn't he your enemy?" I asked.

He scratched his neck and said, "It's a long story. But first I owe you my truth." he said. I nodded.

"I'll start from the beginning. I went out one night to get Chinese food for Catherine and I. You know the alley behind the takeout place?" I nodded as he continued.

"I heard a scream followed by a thud. I saw a few people surrounding a man who was probably the one screaming as he lay in a pool of his own blood. I was fucking terrified by the scenario and my first instinct was to run. They probably heard me and yelled at me. I went straight home and never mentioned it to anyone, not even Catherine." He said as he glanced at Alex in my arms. He kept looking at him blankly. His stare wasn't hostile but my mother's instinct kicked in and I tightened my hold on him. Unfortunately, he noticed that and he looked away clenching his jaw.

"I'm not here to hurt you guys Ava. He just looks so much like her," he said with a sigh. His words made my heartache. I was so focused on protecting my child that I forgot that Alex was his son too. I almost gave in to the feeling of comforting him but the memories of him threatening Alex's life came back. I cleared my throat.

"His eyes are like yours," I said carefully.

He looked back at me. "I pray is that it's the only thing of mine he has."

He continued his story, "A few days later a man named Salvador Bocelli approached me at my workplace. He and a few of his men cornered me. They were from the alley. The murder I witnessed. At that time, I didn't know any of their faces so I failed to recognize them. I thought they would kill me then and there which they ultimately threatened to but they made me a counter offer. There is something else I have kept from you and our parents. I have worked with some anonymous companies before in exchange for money."

"What kind of work?"

"The kind I'm good at. Computers."

"You were a hacker?" I asked gasping.

"I still am. Turns out those guys researched and found me. They gave me two options: Either I join their gang as a hacker or they kill all of you." he said.

"Those fuckers gave me an ultimatum in which another man approached me. I cannot tell you his name just that is from the FBI. I didn't even get a chance to realize what just happened and now this man was offering me protection in exchange for being a mole. It was a big dilemma. If I had refused the FBI, I would have been arrested for cyber-crime and Bocelli would've killed you guys. But if Bocelli got wind of my involvement, he wouldn't hesitate to kill you guys."

"And you accepted?" I asked.

"I had to. Either way, you guys were at risk of getting killed. I demanded the protection of my family in exchange for being the mole. I knew those FBI motherfuckers did a fucked-up job when I heard Amadeo Rossi has kidnapped you. I have been keeping my distance from you guys. I didn't know mom and dad died or that I have a son." he looks down.

"I had crossed Rossi on Bocelli's order and I was worried about your safety." He said.

"He didn't hurt me," I said quickly. Well maybe not then but later.

"I know. But still cannot trust anyone at that point. Somehow Bocelli knew it before me and he tried to attack you." He said mentioning the night when Amadeo took me to the Gala.

"When you took me from the Rossi house, why didn't you just send me back?" I asked.

"Believe me, I would if I could but Bocelli was watching my every fucking move. I know hurt you that day but I had no choice," he said.

"So, you lied when you threatened to kill me and Alex?" I asked.

"Yes. I am asking a lot but please trust it was all a show. Everything has been a fucking farce since the night in the alley." he said.

"Nate please stop swearing," I said admonishing.

He raised an eyebrow and I stared him down. He raised his hands in surrender.

"Anyways I kind of sense that you would be safe with Rossi while I sort everything out. You probably know Paolo Moretti?" He asked.

That name hit me like a slap. I nodded nevertheless.

"His daughter is engaged to Mr. Rossi. They are probably married by now." as soon as the words left my mouth, I tasted sour. Why does he affect me so much?

"Yeah um about that. Paolo Moretti is quite an influential person. The FBI teamed up with him and got him to involve Amadeo. The engagement part was a strategy by Moretti in order to secure a potential suitor for his daughter. She wasn't the least bit interested."

I find that hard to believe. The memories walking in on them kissing came back.

"Why did the FBI work with Amadeo? Isn't he along the lines illegal?" I asked changing the topic.

"Yes, but Salvador Bocelli is far more fu.... messed up. Amadeo has maintained a respectable relationship with the Italian government. In short, FBI just collecting manpower to strike Bocelli and while guys like Rossi and Moretti are trying to protect Bocelli's father's empire."

"There is something you need to know. I have been working with Rossi and we have seized Bocelli. His engagement is no longer happening. Moretti isn't so happy but his daughter convinced him somehow."

"What are you saying?" I said with my heart pounding.

"He acted all along to get you out of Italy and protect you. It was necessary. Bocelli knew that I have cut off my ties and now as Amadeo has too he would not come for you." He said.

I stood up in shock. What in the world. He lied to me. A part of me was relieved but that didn't last long as anger and hurt took over.

"What is it with you men deciding what is right or wrong for me? I'm not some pawn you guys get to toss around. How can I trust that you are not lying to me again? Even if what you said is true then where is he? Why hasn't he here? He sent you to ease it out?" I said my body slightly shaking. I placed Alex on the couch carefully and sat down clutching my head. I clutched my forehead in distress as a wave of distraught came over me. Why did he do this to me? Why did he hurt me so bad? All I did was love him. Tears pooled in my eyes at that mental confession.

"Ava, calm down. He didn't send me. He doesn't even know I'm here." he said as knelt in front of me placing a hand on my knee.

"I have wronged you in many ways and you deserve the truth. He will come back for you. I had to tell you all this myself because I don't think I will be here for you." he said.

I looked up at him. "What?"

"There are things crimes to be specific that I have committed in these past years. Those fucking haunt me and probably will forever. I'm not Nathaniel Wilson, your brother anymore. I am this ugly, terrifying, toxic person and I won't soil you with my presence."

"Wha----" I was about to say when the doorbell rang. Nate looked alarmed suddenly.

"Who is at the door this late?" he said standing.

"I don't know," I said.

Then the knob on the door made a sound as if being picked on. Suddenly the door opened. We both saw him. Nathaniel put a protective arm around me and pushed me back.

"Sorry to interrupt the little family reunion but you two have some unfinished business with me," said Salvador Bocelli with an evil grin. I held onto my brother's arm in panic.

"Nate." I let out a whisper as many men entered the house.

"Bocelli. Leave her. This is between you and me." He said.

"That's not gonna happen," he said as a burly man grabbed me from behind. I let out a scream.

"Ava!" I heard before I passed out.

A/N: Hi my beautiful friends. I hope you guys are well. This update came a lot later than I expected but there is a reason for it. My mother had been sick for a while and I devoted all my attention to her and household chores cooking, cleaning, etc. My mother is well now. But after that, I fell into a trance where I am let's a little sad. I thought I will feel better after taking a break up until my birthday but no. Didn't work. I'm still figuring it out on my own so you guys don't worry. I love you guys so much and which is why I pushed myself to get this update up for you. I'll be fine I guess in some time.

Let me know the comments about what you guys think about the update.   

Lots of love 😘😘😘😘😘
AisheeSaha ❤❤❤❤❤

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

270K 4.4K 30
"I'm busy," he said sounding slightly irritated. Well that makes two of us. Suddenly I had an idea. I walked over to him with a smirk. I went behind...
1.2M 31.5K 54
Marco pulled a black iPhone from his pocket and clicked play. โ๐—œ ๐—ป๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—ฑ ๐˜†๐—ผ๐˜‚ ๐˜๐—ผ ๐—ฐ๐—ฎ๐—น๐—น ๐Ÿต๐Ÿญ๐Ÿญ. ๐— ๐˜† ๐—ป๐—ฎ๐—บ๐—ฒ ๐—ถ๐˜€ ๐—˜๐—น๐˜ƒ๐—ถ๐—ฟ๐—ฎ ๐—ฉ๐—ฎ๐—น๐—ฒ๐—ป๐˜๏ฟฝ...
468K 18K 53
Daniela O'Brien. Dani is the girl you would say has absolutely no luck going for her at all. Two dead parents, an estranged sister and an abusive, c...
9.1K 192 42
"Lorenzo", I whisper when he pulls me against him, I place my hands on his bare chest to keep some space. "What are you doing?", I whisper - yell at...