Becoming Royal

By MsW00d

In a world that has completely changed, Sophie faces the trials that come with getting engaged and married to... More

A Queen to Be
A Day Away
A Noble Cause
A Promise
SPECIAL
Preparing for War
Update
Our Little Secret
Taking a Beating
Q & A
An Eventful Day
Don't Hold Back
The Ball: Part 1
Please Read!
8D
The Ball: Part 2
Memories From the Past
In a Crowd of Millions
No Reason to Worry
Weapon of War
My Queen
Out on the Town
Love and Leave
A Week Later
The Ways of War
The Hood of Darkness
Tying the Knot
A Promise Kept
Sisters United
Fitz's Story
The King
[28]
[29]
[30- Mini Chapter]
[31]
[32]
[33]
[34]
I'm baaaaack
[35]
Finale
Epilogue and A/N

Hello..

2.4K 35 79
By MsW00d

Sophie woke up the next morning and, surprisingly, wasn't greeted by maids forced to get her ready. The servants back home were always like that.

She wasn't complaining, however. It was nice to be given her space.

Stretching her legs, she walked into a closet and picked out her outfit.

A navy blue, flowing, dress caught her eye. The fabric had a collar connected to it, the underside revealed white when she flipped it over. It had a white silk sash that she tied around her waist. It wasn't long but went to her knees. The skirt fanned out and made an hourglass shaped figure.

She braided her hair into two simple dutch braids and put on a pair of heels.

Sophie turned the corner and ran straight into a wall of fabric. A tall boy with blonde hair and ice-blue eyes, to be exact.

The princess fell onto the floor with a thud before beginning to raise her voice.

"You need to watch where you're-" she looked up at the boy. "-going?"

"My apologies. I should have been more careful." He held out a gloved hand, offering it to Sophie and helping her up.

Silence washed through the hall as he stared at her, puzzled.

"I got it!" He finally broke the silence with his loud and enthusiastic voice. "You're a new maid. Getting used to the castle eh? Although..you're not freaking out over my looks and wits. And you're very well dressed... a lady in waiting perhaps?"

"I-." Sophie began but was cut off by his arrogance.

"Prince Keefe Sencen. First, and only, in line for the throne of the kingdom of Candle-shade. Pleased to meet you."

"Uhhh..." Sophie said as he got down and kissed her hand, looking up at her with a smirk.

"And you?" He asked when he got up and she backed away.

Sophie gathered the sides of her skirt and curtsied. "Princes Sophie Ruewen of Havenfield."

His eyes went wide.

"Princess?! How could I just now be hearing of the princess of one of the biggest kingdoms? Ever. What are you doing here?"

"I never wished for there to be a fuss made about me." She ignored his question completely.

"Excuse my rudeness, but I thought you died in a fire years ago."

She was taken aback by his boldness. "I'm adopted."

He went silent with shock. His face painted with a look that spelled "oh shoot, I messed up."

"Now if you'll excuse me," Sophie walked past him. "I have to meet with the-!"

"Prince for breakfast?" Keefe finished her sentence with her, mimicking her voice exactly.

She turned and stared at him with shock. "Yes. The prince. Good day, your highness."

Her heels clicked as she walked down the hall, hoping to find a maid and ask for directions.

"Lost already?" The arrogant prince said behind her. "I could help you. Although, I'm surprised you're meeting with the prince. He normally only eats with his loved ones."

"Yeah?" Sophie grabbed his collar and pushed him back. "Then why are you going?"

"Oooooo~." He said. "Kitty's got sass."

She tapped her foot waiting for an answer.

"Fine. I just so happen to be our Fitzypoos best friend. I'm going with you. You don't wanna be late. Let's go."

Two guards grabbed the handles of a door that led to the dining hall. They pulled the doors towards them for the pair to walk into the room.

Sophie thanked them and smiled before looking into the room.

A long table met them with a large candelabra in the center of the table. Chairs lined the sides of the dark wood. In them sat the people she would soon call her family.

"Hello, darling." Fitz smiled and greeted them.

"AWWWWWWWWWWWE!" Keefe responded immediately. "The Fitzter does love me. I might just cry."

"I was talking to Sophie."

All humor left the room.

"First name basis? 'darling'? Did you smile? Explain." Keefe looked between the two suspiciously.

"We're engaged," Sophie explained begrudgingly.

Silence fell over Keefe as he seemed to break down. But he bounced back and began speaking again. "SO SHE'S WHO YOURE MADLY IN LOVE WITH!"

Alden and Della shook their heads. "Why is he like this?" Alden asked.

Fitz chuckled as Sophie walked towards an empty chair next to Fitz and sat down. He looked at her and smirked slightly. "Why yes, love of my life."

Sophie turned bright pink. "I hope you'll see that this is an arranged marriage. I've never met you in my life. There is no way you love me."

"Your parents loved you when they just met you, didn't they?"

"The Dutch and Dutchess fell in love with the idea of a daughter. An heir. I'm not even of their blood."

Breakfast ended as soon as it began. Sophie picked at her food and and couldn't force anything down. She felt on the verge of vomiting.

She really felt ready to vomit when Keefe walked up to her outside of the dining hall.

"Leaving so soon, princess?" He asked from behind her. He grabbed her hand, spinning her and dipping her so she was facing him. "What a shame you won't continue to grace us with your beauty."

"I'm not I'm the mood, your highness," Sophie said in an annoyed tone. She tried to get free, but it was no use.

"Awwwe come on." He sighed and loosed his grip on her, letting her stand. "I'm bored and you seem entertaining."

"I assure you," she started, fixing her dress. "I am far from it."

"By saying that you make me more interested. Tell me your highness, you seem different. What are you hiding?"

"I'm not hiding anything. You're foolish to believe I am anything but."

"Sophie, I know something's up. If not, wrong."

A man cleared his throat from behind Keefe. They faced it and found the prince.

"Princess," Fitz said. "Would you mind joining me in my office? Alone?"

He added the last part when she walked towards him and Keefe joined.

"Of course." She smiled, thankful for her escape from the all too joking man.

Fitz offered her his arm and she took it as they walked off down winding halls and up stairs.

"I see you've made acquaintance with the palace jester." Fitz laughed as he opened the office door.

The room was magical. A large marble desk stood in the center. Beams ran across the roof of the office and sketches hung from them on thread.

A large and soft teal couch lined a wall and Fitz led her to it.

"He does seem partial to joking." Sophie giggled too.

The prince sat next her on the couch and examined her as she tugged out an eyelash.

"You seem tense."

His words caught her off guard. "It's not easy leaving the only place you've been to a completely new one..."

They went quiet for a few minutes and Sophie pulled her knees into her chest.

"I'm sorry."

She turned to face him. "Sorry for what?"

"I can tell you hate me. I know I've been a little bit of a bother. You can also tell you don't have any interest in me and just want us to be married to get it over with."

His boldness shocked Sophie and her eyes widened.

She let out a sigh.

"It's not that.." She stood and paced the room, running her hand on the wall. "It's just scary. I was abandoned when I was only 4. And then I lived with new people for 14 years and I guess the whole time I was scared of..."

"Scared of...?" He asked when she didn't continue.

She laughed sadly. "I was told I would be leaving my home. Away from my parents. And it feels like being abandoned all over again. I don't want to be left.."

When she noticed he was quiet, she turned her head and found him with sad eyes.

Turning away, she tugged on an eyelash. "I'm sorry. You don't care. I should have kept that to mysel-."

Suddenly, arms wrapped around her.

Her eyes shot open as the prince embraced her.

A sob bubbled over as she gave in and hugged him back.

They sank to the floor as her cries got louder and louder.

"Hey.." He cooed, stroking her hair. "You're okay. It'll be okay."

"How can you be so sure? So optimistic?" She asked.

"Because I have my family." He leaned her against the wall. "My friends, my kingdom. And I have you. I know we don't know each other well enough, but there are millions of other suitors for you. But your parents chose me. A random man. This wasn't just chance, my dear.."

"How can you be so friendly to a girl you've only just met? I've caused nothing but stress. And I haven't been friendly towards you to top it off."

"I know you're more than what meets the eye. You act as if you're nothing. But I know you're worth everything. I wish you'd see that.."

She smiled and shook her head. "With the way you flatter, I'm surprised you haven't already had a wife."

"And you're so beautiful and smart and amazing I am amazed by the same."

His words made her smile.

"I can tell, however," He continued. "that you don't want this. And I'm okay with that. We're only marrying for title, after all."

"What are you proposing?" She asked as he stood and helped her up.

"How about...just friends? I don't want to complicate things and we can act as if we aren't together once we are married. After all, you said you aren't interested. And that's okay!"

He held out his hand for her to shake.

Time slowed.

She would be agreeing to not love a boy she felt every girl loved.

He treated her well, and she'd only been there for two days.

But she never imagined herself in this. Not a little wife either.

And this was all for her title. She wasn't supposed to love him. Just. Title.

She reached out and shook his hand.

"No feelings."

This was the right thing.

But why does it feel like I'm dying?

She walked out of his office after, heading off to do her other activities.

Away from a teal eyed prince.

Away from her future husband.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

201K 1.3K 37
❛❛The girl and the two boys. What happens when love enters the picture.❜❜ Sophie, Fitz, Keefe. Oblivious, perfect, and loving. When Sophie gets with...
99.3K 1.6K 28
𝗶𝗻 𝘄𝗵𝗶𝗰𝗵 sophie and keefe fall in love with each other through a collection of sokeefe one shots VOL...
4.8K 190 24
Keefe Sencen is finally living the way he wants. He has the girl that he's always wanted as his girlfriend, his new powers are under control and ever...
2.4K 31 11
Short story about royalty Prince Keefe Sencen falling in love with Sophie Foster. Keefe and Sophie have always been friends ever since one uncalculat...