Now That You Are Here

By DustyBooks16

COMPLETED! Reign Henderson, the loner girl. Thanks to bullying and rumors. After heartbreak and being deemed... More

Characters/Playlist/Author's Note
Ice Cream
Utterly Fucking Clueless
Take A Freaking Hint
A Stupid Rumor
Deep Purple Circles
Noah Henderson
Less of a Hassle
English Lit 206
Sweet Girl
Total Chick Magnet
Rage Consumes Me
Yes, I Feel Represented
My Kind Of Party
Ten Things, Kitten
Faint Like Anastasia Steele
Winked At You
Emotional Support
Without You
Look At That Ass
Traditional Track
Climb The Damn Tree
He Called Me Reign
Suffocating Me
Mama Is Hungry
My Many Flaws
Julia
Adorable Little Kitten
Wrong Kind Of Distraction
Talent Of Yours
I Love Marshmallows
Cinnamon
Three Waffles
Feel the Same Pleasure
Humming Tenderly
You Did Steal Me
Walking Aimlessly
Hate That I Love Them
Let Me Distract You
That's My Brother
Into A Hole
That Was Descriptive
Why?
Scratch Marks
Out Of Everyone's League
Too Many Sins?
Shut Up and Smile, Mother!
They Are Villians
Leave Those Fears Behind
No, I Can't
Twinkle In Her Eyes
She Has A Key
All A Dare
Asshole of a Nurse
Terribly Toxic, Tough Figures
I Lied To You
Bewitching
Upfront With You
Merry Christmas
I'll Hurt Her
Mine To Protect
Deep Breaths
Threaten My Man
Exposition Park Rose Garden
Your Water Broke

I Hate The Patriots

310 26 2
By DustyBooks16

I feel safety fall over me as the two of us sit in the silence instead of talking, but the music is still playing the background. As Brixton gets back onto the road, my hands travel down the black leather interior. This car is so fucking hot. I love this car, and I've only been sitting in it for like five minutes. 

I look at the dashboard, totally enticed by the whole set up. I can feel Brixton's eyes on me as I gawk at his car. Soon, not getting bored but not wanting to invade his privacy, I stop being a weirdo. Instead, I turn my head out towards the window, so I can watch as cars and buildings pass by.

"You know it's okay if you want to look through my car."

"Oh, don't worry about it. I'm being a total freak."

"No, you aren't. I got the car, so it would be looked at. Plus, I've seen your car. Are you into cars?"

"I'm pretty passionate about them. I could talk for hours on end about one company."

"How long have you been into them?"

"For as long as I can remember. My grandpop was an auto mechanic, and Danny used to work with him. I would always hang out there, help fix cars, talk to customers, and ask a ton of questions. I remember the first time I got to see a new engine put in and the car start to run. It was the most satisfying thing. Ever since then, putting together cars, learning about them, looking at them, and whatever else...I've been working on cars. I love watching people try out their newly working and running car."

"You really do like it. Do a lot of people know that?"

"No, but now you do. It brings me great joy and tranquility to work on a car because they mostly run the same. You know the basics and things build off of that."

"You find a calmness in it then."

"Yeah. You'll probably see me working on my car pretty soon."

"I'm sorry about that. I should have known."

"You couldn't have, Brixton. Don't worry about it. Money's a little tight, but I'll make it work. What sucks the most was that the burgundy paint was original from 1975. My grandpop drove in the original paint."

"That sucks, and if there's anything I can do..."

"No, no."

"Are you sure?"

"Positive. You have your own things to worry about. Like not cheating on your girlfriend."

"I would never."

"Oh, I'm sure. You don't have to lie to me, idiot."

"Have you lied to me yet?"

"Not so far. I don't really want to."

"Good. I haven't lied to you either."

"That's good to know."

Brixton pulls into the side of the street.

"Are we here?"

"Yeah, but we're going to have to walk a little. Is that alright?"

"Of course. I don't mind. As long as you tell me where to go."

Brixton smiles at me before turning off the purring engine of the car. I pout as the sound disappears, making Brixton chuckle at my attitude. He nods in agreement but doesn't say anything to comfort me. I try to reach for the passenger door handle.

"No. Don't you dare touch the handle."

"What?"

Before I get an answer, Brixton has moved around the back of the car. I grin widely at the fact that he wanted to open my door for me. I hear the pop of the door, and it swings open, revealing a bashful smile on his face. I giggle softly as he takes my hand, helping me out of the car. 

The silence is wonderfully comfortable as we start to walk down the street together. I really do enjoy his company, even though we've only known each other for two days. There's something about it, and I just can't place it.

I look up at him, but I swing my head back down when our eyes meet. Brixton chuckles, tossing an arm over my shoulder. If it were anyone else, I would throw the arm off, and say something like 'don't fucking touch me', but with Brixton, it feels nice. His warmth brings me comfort. 

When he smiles at me, I feel happier than I was maybe a second ago. He's a great guy, and I hate to say this, but Jenny is a very lucky gal. I'm not sure that she really deserves a guy like him, but I'm not one to get in between relationships. At least with my own knowledge.

I don't know much about Brixton, but my gut is telling me he's a good person. My gut has been wrong before though. Especially with guys, but my dating experience is so limited, I don't even know if what my gut thinks matters. Brixton opened the passenger door for me. 

Now, some ladies might find that to be sexist, but I think he's just being a gentleman. I don't mind that too much because I know he has no ill intention of being a jackass, he wants to be kind (maybe). I have no doubt that if Lincoln, Kyle, or Harlen did that, they would say it's because a man should give a woman permission to exit the car.

Now that pisses me off.

I don't think Brixton's doing that. I think he's doing it for the sake of looks. Which is fine. I'm not his girlfriend. 

"What are you thinking about, kitten?"

"Nothing of importance."

"Really?"

"Really. It's my mind going all over the place."

Brixton nods in understanding. He always seems like a calm type of guy, I can't imagine him having a panic attack about what's going on inside of his head. Yes, that's happened to me before, and let me tell you that it was horrible. 

I couldn't stop my thoughts so calming down took forever. I had to wait until my panic attack had to biologically stop (20-25 minutes) before I could really fix the situation. I chew on my bottom, but I don't realize that my face is all scrunched up.

"You are the most adorable person ever."

I roll my eyes at Brixton.

"I'm serious, kitten. Absolutely adorable."

"I would consider myself on the sexy side of things, but I'll take adorable."

He chuckles, sliding his hand almost seductively down my back, to the small of it. He turns me slowly, opening the door of the bar. Dexter and Nick immediately smile and wave at the two of us. I break away from Brixton, as he goes to the bar, and I go to the table. A minute later, he comes back with a beer for himself and a shirley temple for me. The waiter comes over, asking if we want anything to eat. Thinking that I'm going to be paying, I order a large sweet potato fry.

"So, how are you two doing today?"

I look at Brixton, who's smiling down at me. I feel my cheeks heat up, but I know I'm not going to be able to hide my blush, so I decide not to care.

"I'm good. I went to the mechanic shop, so hopefully I'll get another engine wire harness soon. I want to drive my own car."

"What are you doing in the meantime?"

"I have no idea. The bus system runs later than I need it to."

Nick turns to Brixton. I watch as they smile at one another, and then turn back to me. Brixton takes a sip of his beer before biting his lip anxiously.

"You're always welcome to ride with us, kitten."

"Really?"

"Yeah, of course. You're a friend."

Oh, damn. I know he has a girlfriend, but fuck, that one hurt. At least I have three friends now. That's better than yesterday. I stare at the football game playing on the screen. It's the Philadelphia Eagles against the New England Patriots. I'm not a huge fan of either team, but I would so rather have the Eagles win. I'm sorry, but I hate the Patriots. Ugh. Worst football team ever. I slam my hand against the table as the Patriots get another touchdown.

"Fuck."

The boys turn to me, completely confused.

"What are you doing?"

"Fucking Patriots."

Dexter and Nick chuckle, and out of the corner of my eye, I can see Brixton smiling at me. He always has this bright look on his face when I see him looking at me.

"I'm going to get another drink, anyone want anything?"

"No, we're good. Thanks, Rei."

I stand up, walking to the bar. I order a Coca Cola as I stare back at the screen.

"You seem really into that game."

I turn to find a cute guy standing there. He has blue eyes and raggedy blonde hair. He looks a little unkempt but besides that he seems pretty cool. He's definitely in college, but I'm in college so it doesn't really matter.

"Yeah, I hate the Patriots."

"What? That's my team!"

"You're just a bandwagon sports fan then."

"Oh, no I'm not."

"Are you sure about that?"

"The Patriots are an amazing team."

"Yeah because they cheat."

"Every football team cheats."

"Yeah, but the Patriots cheat a lot."

The guy holds out his hand to me.

"I'm Grady Nickard."

"Reign Henderson."

"It's good to meet you, Reign."

"Yeah, you too."

"Can I have your number?"

"How do I know you aren't a stalker or something?"

"Well, with the guy staring at you like that it seems that you already have one."

Grady points behind me, and I turn to see Brixton glaring at the both of us. I snort and roll my eyes. The Coca Cola is placed in front of me, and I say thank you to the man upfront.

"He's a friend."

"Oh, I'm sure."

"What? If he was my boyfriend, he would already be over here."

"Is that your way of telling me your single?"

"Sure. If that's how you want to take it."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

64.7K 2.4K 23
"I'm sorry that I put you in this situation." "I'm not following." I really wasn't. "This. Us! What we did last night was reckless and so so perfec...
122K 2.5K 38
Lila Daniels has spent all of her life living under the protective wings of her three older brothers, Charlie, Lucas and Tucker or in the gymnastics...
120K 4.3K 32
Aren't one sided crushes fun? NOT! 18 year old Melody Jenkins has spent the last 3 years of high school crushing on one guy, Jake Kensington, who see...
6.3K 864 16
First love is hard enough. It's new and exciting and absolutely terrifying and maybe even unrequited. When it's difficult for Skyler to move on from...