Now That You Are Here

By DustyBooks16

COMPLETED! Reign Henderson, the loner girl. Thanks to bullying and rumors. After heartbreak and being deemed... More

Characters/Playlist/Author's Note
Ice Cream
Utterly Fucking Clueless
Take A Freaking Hint
A Stupid Rumor
Deep Purple Circles
Noah Henderson
Less of a Hassle
Sweet Girl
Total Chick Magnet
I Hate The Patriots
Rage Consumes Me
Yes, I Feel Represented
My Kind Of Party
Ten Things, Kitten
Faint Like Anastasia Steele
Winked At You
Emotional Support
Without You
Look At That Ass
Traditional Track
Climb The Damn Tree
He Called Me Reign
Suffocating Me
Mama Is Hungry
My Many Flaws
Julia
Adorable Little Kitten
Wrong Kind Of Distraction
Talent Of Yours
I Love Marshmallows
Cinnamon
Three Waffles
Feel the Same Pleasure
Humming Tenderly
You Did Steal Me
Walking Aimlessly
Hate That I Love Them
Let Me Distract You
That's My Brother
Into A Hole
That Was Descriptive
Why?
Scratch Marks
Out Of Everyone's League
Too Many Sins?
Shut Up and Smile, Mother!
They Are Villians
Leave Those Fears Behind
No, I Can't
Twinkle In Her Eyes
She Has A Key
All A Dare
Asshole of a Nurse
Terribly Toxic, Tough Figures
I Lied To You
Bewitching
Upfront With You
Merry Christmas
I'll Hurt Her
Mine To Protect
Deep Breaths
Threaten My Man
Exposition Park Rose Garden
Your Water Broke

English Lit 206

331 25 11
By DustyBooks16

Kyle smirks.

"What are you going to do about it, little girl?"

"Fucking kill you."

He chuckles, stepping closer to my face. My fists clench.

"Aww, sweet thing. You aren't supposed to talk like that."

"You misogynistic little fucker."

"Watch your mouth, sweetheart."

Before I know what I did, I feel my fist connect with his nose. I hear a crack and blood rushes out onto Kyle's face. I step back in shock, not knowing what came over me.

"You broke my nose! Fuck, that hurts!"

I try to hide my smile as I take a step back. I should not have done that, but I'm not going to regret and I'm not going to give a fuck. He ruined my car. He's a little motherfucking bitch who needs to know that he doesn't mean shit to me. I look at the five other boys. Lincoln and Harlen are trying to help their friend out but to no avail. The two boys beside Brixton have the largest smiles I've ever seen plastered on their faces. Brixton's smile is smaller, but it warms me just the same.

"I would say I'm sorry, but he deserved it."

Brixton shakes his head, but is still smiling, so I know he approves. I like knowing that he's supporting me in my efforts to be a bad bitch. Besides him being a liar, he seems like a great guy. The other two boys step close to me, their hands ready to shake. The guy with gray eyes takes ahold of my hand first.

"Hi. I'm Dexter Viers."

The other guy with green eyes shakes my hand after Dexter.

"I'm Nick Parker."

"Nice to meet you both. I'm Reign Henderson."

"You know Brix?"

"Yeah, but I don't call him that. To me he's an 'idiot'. What up, idiot?"

"Thank you, Reign. Thank you."

"Your sarcasm makes me want to bang my head against the wall."

"Oh, shut up."

The other two boys look between our two smiling faces.

"Uh guys. We have to get to class."

I'm snapped back into reality when Nick says that. Damn it. How the hell am I going to get to class with no car? The bus system is later than the time I need to get to class, and I really don't want to be late. I could steal a car. Walking is way too far. I can't fix my car in time. If they punctured my tire, the job would already be done, but my fucking engine. Now that's low. Especially since I have been working my ass off for that car.

"Hey, Reign. I'm guessing you need a ride."

"Is that an offer?"

"Yes."

"Then, I totally take it. You are a lifesaver. From yesterday to now. You are the man."

"Well, half the things were my fault."

"Not really. I just said that to make you mad, and it worked."

"No it didn't."

"You're telling me I don't get under your skin? Not even a little?"

"Maybe a little. But not enough."

"Is that a challenge?"

Brixton smirks at me as I bat my not long enough eyelashes. I give him a sweet smile, but then remember he has a girlfriend. Fuck. They might be right. Am I a slut? I like having sex, Brixton's hot, but does that make me a slut? I'm just being myself. That's maybe what's been wrong with me this whole time. Maybe being me is the reason that no one wants me around. Now is not the time to think about this. I'll overthink tonight, but I really need to get to class. I smile at the other two boys.

"So....are we going?"

Brixton seems to snap out of a daze.

"Right, yes. Are you coming?"

"I'm not sure I have a choice."

"You don't. Come on, kitten."

"Kitten?"

Should I be mad about that or should I let it go? Is that something that I'm really going to win a fight about? I look into Brixton's eyes to find that they are shining. Shining with what I'm not exactly sure, but I like that look. I don't think I would be able to fight him with those beautiful brown eyes even if I wanted to.

"Yes. It's your new nickname."

"Alright, brown eyes. Let's go. Where's your car?"

A devilishly handsome smile spreads across his face. I smile right back at him as Dexter and Nick take my arms and thread it through theirs. Brixton's eyes flash with jealousy for a second before it disappears, and he starts to make his way down the lawn and to his car. I chew my bottom lip as the two boys next to me practically talk my ear off about what they like to do. I have also found out that they are dating. They are actually incredibly adorable together, even though I have only known them for a few minutes.

"Hey, boys!"

They call after Brixton in sync.

"Yes, Brix?"

"God, I hate when you two do that."

Dexter and Nick pull away from me, and I start walking towards Brixton. When I turn around, I can see that they are both kissing and being totally lovey dovey. They are so perfect. I have a feeling that just like any couple, they have their fights, but all in all I bet they are so very happy.

"I want something like that."

Brixton looks down at me in surprise.

"A girl like you hasn't had something like that before?"

"What do you mean a girl like me?"

"A smart, beautiful, kind girl like you hasn't had someone love them before?"

"I thought I did, but that all turned out to be sham."

"Well one day kitten. I know you will."

I look up at him before turning to open the passenger door.

"Thank you, but I'm not going to have false hope. I'm glad you found that with Jenny though. Everyone deserves that kind of thing. Except maybe me."

"If anyone here deserves it, then you deserve it too. And by the way, I don't have that with Jenny. I don't think I ever will."

"Then why are you still with her?"

Before Brixton can answer, Dexter and Nick yell at us to get into the car. We are already late for our lecture, exactly what I didn't want to happen, but oh well. My grandpop said I should be having fun, so I guess this is the start of rebelling. That and maybe getting an apartment and leaving the sorority.

"Where do you need me to drop you off?"

"Where is your next class?"

"English Lit 206."

"Wow, I have that same class too. Are the three of you in the same class?"

"Yeah. That's so weird that we haven't seen each other."

"Not really. I have been living practically across the window from you for about a year. I have also been to a few parties at your frat house."

"I never really noticed you."

"Your loss."

"Most definitely. I'm glad I'm getting to know you now."

"Me too."

Brixton pulls into a parking spot, and the two making out boys in the back pull away from one another. I roll my eyes as they make their way outside of the car. I watch as they hold each other's hands practically strutting into the lecture hall. 

Brixton chuckles beside me, but he is soon jumped on by Jenny. I smile at him, starting to walk away, knowing he'll be preoccupied for the rest of class. I shimmy my way quietly into class and immediately start taking notes to try to catch up on as much as possible.

Brixton doesn't even come into class by the time I'm walking out of the building, but his car is still here. I'm not even going to imagine what those two have been doing this whole time. I, now on time, walk into my second lecture for the day. 

As I enter the building, I leave drama and cars and frat boys behind me, ready to learn about the respiratory system of a pig. I don't worry about anything but this class while I'm learning. This is my favorite class anyway, animal biology. It's super fun, and I've even been able to dissect a pig. We do a lot of pig stuff in here.

I'm taking this class for fun, and it has certainly lived up to the expectations I had for it. When my class is done, I start walking back to the sorority, knowing it's going to take me a while. I start to call the realtors for the studio apartments that I looked at, and I set up times to look at all the options that I saw last night. 

Moving out keeps seeming like a better and better idea the more I think about it. I'll be able to get away from the hell that I'm staying in. I won't have to worry about my car. Talking about my car, I better stop by the auto place to get a replacement for the engine wire harness.

"Hey, Reign."

"Mr. Richards. How are you?"

"I'm good. Do you need Daniel?"

"That would be great. If he's busy, I can come back another time."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

278K 9.2K 41
"Boys miss out on the chance of being with amazing girls because they can't see past the size of their waist." - Unknown - *Tyler's P.O.V* "Am I fal...
164K 2.9K 29
"Hey! Wait a second." The unidentified guy said. "Um, hi?" I asked confused. Little did I know that this was a summer I would never forget... ~~~ Emi...
47.1K 1.8K 52
She had never meant anything to him Until she meant everything to him *** Sylvia Hale is ready to start a new life. Finally, she is in Merlac Unive...
121K 4.3K 32
Aren't one sided crushes fun? NOT! 18 year old Melody Jenkins has spent the last 3 years of high school crushing on one guy, Jake Kensington, who see...