A world that divides us mha...

By souls_amoung_stars

✨completed as of 12/12/21✨ ⭐️97k+ words⭐️ 🌞 finished editing as of 1/2/22🌞 🧀you can see my writing get be... More

⓪.
①.
❷.
③.
❹.
⑤.
❻.
❽.
⑨.
➓.
①1.
❶2.
①③.
❶❹.
❶❺.
①6.
1❼.
1❽.
1⑨.
20.
21.
❷②
❷3.
2❹
②5
2⑥
❷7
2❽
2⑨.
30.
❸1.
③2.
3❸.
❸4.
③5.
3❻.
③7.
❸8.
3❾.
❹0.
4❶.
④2.
4③.
44.
45.
④6.
47.

⑦.

960 39 13
By souls_amoung_stars

when we reunite again I promise all will be told until then wait for me. Okay?

Day nine: why can't I die properly.

"Aizawa?" At the sound of his name the man looks up sharply from the doorway. His focus from getting his coffee from the all to familiar coffee maker was gone. As soon as he heard the commotion from down the hall, he was confused as he lived alone. Could his cats really make this much noise? Are they being greedy again.

Sadly the cats stare back at him from the chair so a new concern lingers it's way into his mind. This one hit him faster than he would like to admit, that boy... the kid he was in that room.

If the noise wasn't concerning enough the fact that the kid should still be out for the count was also lurking in his mind. What if he had hurt himself? What if the villain was back? 'Hasn't this kid been through enough?' And to him the answer is yes. This kid had been through enough. Any kid who had to do more than your average has gone through too much.

This boy just can't catch a break and Aizawa it seems can't catch a breath.

Now Aizawa will be the first to admit that this kid had him wrapped around his finger. Whether or not the kid knows this information is a different matter. Honestly the man would rather keep this information a secret and too himself primarily.

Alas tho it's true Aizawa had gone soft in less than a week because of a kid that wandered in accidentally like a stray cat.

Oh and Aizawa loved cats. Especially if they're strays.

Temporarily ignoring the fact a child no younger than 14 managed to turn up, with out a trace may he add, in a 5 floor high pro hero house still confuses him to no end.

Now with only one thing on his mind He hurried down the corridor brain already jumping to the worst case scenario. He turned the corner sharply reaching the kids room. At said spare room door he takes a quick needed and deserved breath before opened it wide. "Kid!" He exclaimed with too much enthusiasm for his liking. He whips his head left and right searching for the boy. Once he catches sight of the white hair he internally breaths in relief.

He coughs awkwardly at his irrational behaviour, before re-adjusting his voice back to a care free bored tone, people know him for. "What are you doing up? You're in no condition to be moving around let alone standing up." He questions more plainly.

He stands in the doorway looking directly at the boy. He keeps his posture tall but not intimidating as the pale haired boy before him gapes completely lost.

His dull green grey eyes are wide and unfocused. Staring at something Aizawa can't see. His mouth opens and closes a few times. Ghosts of words dancing on his tongue but never freed. His pale skin seems more translucent as he seems to shake or is that flickering? He seems stuck in a trance almost a mind controlled state.

Aizawa starts to wonder if the boy is dissociating. He hasn't acknowledged the mans presence and does look more disturbed than usual.

This only makes The worry that subsided after seeing the boy start creeping back, Aizawa's concerns can only increase again.

"Kid?" He tries again. Letting his voice go soft. Stepping out of the door way further into the room. One hand slightly outstretched. He treats the boy like he could trigger anytime. This boy for all Aizawa knew could be a literal ticking time bomb.

Izuku ignores the voice unsure of who or what it was. Instead he tries to still his thoughts and feelings. Trying desperately to calm the conflicting emotions he feels.

Thoughts are wiped up and sloshed around like a storm. The rooms lights flicker a little and the curtains sway with the new found draft that sends a chill down Aizawa's spine. The man looks up puzzled by the change of temperature and at the lights which are yet again flickering. It reminds Aizawa of the first time the two met. This sends another red flag up in the mans mind.

He didn't know what was wrong with the fluffy haired boy then and he hardly knows any better now. All he can do is try to keep him calm before he can start to get any sort of answers.

"Deku?" Aizawa tries again sighing. He walks forward slowly not trying to spook the boy. He already looked so terrified.

Izuku can hardly hear it, but somehow manages to uses it to ground him. In turn uses this and snaps the boy out of his daze. He shakes his head to try and clear it before looking up at the man. He again starts going over his muddled but less chaotic thoughts that over flowed and live in his brain rent free.

In the two or maybe three days Izuku has been here he's had more to think about then ever before. More than he ever thought were even possible. A mer few minutes ago He had woken up from the best sleep he has ever had gotten, dead or alive, he is still tired but he was peaceful, he felt rested and warm.

Warm. Can you believe that? A dead cold boy felt warm. Izuku won't lie it was the best kind of warm, like getting hugged by your mama, or eating homemade katsudon, or remembering a happy memory that swells your heart.

Well Izuku doesn't have a heart but he still felt it.

Warm.

Not the kind of warm that triggers his flash backs, or the kind that burns, not the kind that opens up wounds and causes him to go crazy and trash the place.

He still needed to apologise for that to Aizawa.

No, just a nice cozy light tingling feeling that smooths over his whole body. It seems to heal his mind temporarily, calming any negative emotions. Everything stoped for this warmth. He Let it completely take over and clear out any and all negativity. It was great. Like that calm no pain floating feeling he had second after dying. As he reminisces how the feeling came about he can't help but frown at the loss. Just like when he fell back down.

How can he get it back?

When he started to come too and first felt this sensation He hadn't open his eyes immediately, instead he bathed in the new comfort and relaxed a bit. He was disoriented and confused, but it was soon taken over by calm. And yes there was pressure, he could feel a weight almost pressing down on him.

It was around his chest area. He tried to pay it no mind, it's was hard but he was able too, until it started getting heavier and sharper. It kept tightening and clawing. It brought discomfort that the warm feeling had to fight to overpower the feeling. It felt like he was short of breath yet he couldn't breath to relieve it.

While all that was happening He thought he was still dreaming or imagining thing. Hallucinating maybe? Yet he hasn't slept since he died, much less slept well. It's been years. When even was the last time?

When he was four? Yes before he was confirmed quirkless or sort of. Yes that's when his last good full nights sleep was. Maybe confirmed is too strong a word to use. He wasn't confirmed quirkless. Much the opposite the doctor said he had a quirk a strong one too, that's why he didn't have a pinky toe joint but he could never pin point it. Neither could anyone else. Some aspects were speculated but in the end he just lived as a quirkless kid.

Maybe that's why he admired heroes, or used to. Because heroes had quirks that were strong and that they had to train and understand. Izuku himself had a quirk he wanted to use. He wanted to train it and understand it. So the quirk could grow with him and so he could save people.

He had aimed for ua. The top hero school in Japan. Kacchan was going there too. They would have been the best duo. Kacchan was going to become number one. Izuku would be right there next to him. He couldn't be prouder of his friend.

And todo- shoto. He will be called Shoto now. Izuku wants no one to be mistaken for that man baby who played with fire. Shoto was forced into a life he didn't want but still Even though he didn't really want to, Shoto was aiming for ua too.

It would have been nice. The three of them. The big three, the three musketeers... No times change. And fate continues to roll.

When he died he knew it was all over. He wouldn't achieve his dream. He'd be lucky to see Kacchans dream achieved. So why is he here feeling parts of his humanity slotting back into place. This isn't right. In fact this is wrong. Very, Very wrong. He's dead. He was dead. So now why is life teasing him. Why is fate playing this game that he could only loose?

The parts of his human life. The life when he was alive is slowly failing back in so his mind becomes concerned very fast. So fast he felt his body lurch upright and his chest tighten more.

Sure enough when his eyes snapped open, to try and make sense of what he's feeling there he was in a bed.

A bed?

He's lying or was laying on a bed with a blanket draped over him. It startled him so much he accidentally flew back through the wall and into the bathroom. Landing himself next to the sink about a foot in the air. One hand grabbed at his chest the other flung out at his side.

He floated wide eyed and shocked looking to the wall were he went through. If he could breath his chest would be pounding at the scare. Heart rate soaring.

'What was that?' He wondered.

It was more than concerning to him that he had felt alive again. It was only for a short time. Maybe a few seconds or minutes before he opens his eyes. And granted it was very faint, but it was still there.

Izuku couldn't tell if he liked it or not. Maybe it was more longing for something he lost? Sad he took it for granted? But something was definitely wrong. He was supposed to be dead. And for the past week he has been or had but now... No dead people were dead people. They can't come back and they aren't supposed to feel things like...like this.

Tho no one would no because there isn't a hand book. Yes beetlejuice lied. No hand book. No guide for the recently deceased. No nothing.

Then what happened? Oh yes, Once he registered that he had vacated the previous room and the warm feeling had fully departed he slowly made his way back through the wall. Poking his head through first to check for any thing that could have caused whatever this is. Once he was confident enough he cautiously flew back into the room fully.

He hovered around the spot where he had been. Analysing it to his best abilities, carefully slotting the information in his brain. Filing it away so he'd have it when it became useful. He glanced back at the bed...

There, on the bed he saw the crumbled sheets that he flung away. He saw the dent in the bed. That he made. He Stared at the indent that was still in the bed. Glaring harshly at it for a long time. He reached a hand out only to sharply pull it away when his brain sent alarm bells ringing.

So many thoughts ran through his mind. They raced around giving him little time to process them all.

Had he just been laying down? Was he asleep? Had he been able to touch something? And for goodness sake can someone tell him what happened and why there are gummy bears on the table next to him.

All these were shortly answered by a confused Aizawa who must have heard the commotion. Izuku stared wide eyed at the man like he was crazy. Thankfully Aizawa couldn't see izukus feet due to the bed blocking the view. Yet he was shaken out of these things by Aizawa strictly telling him to get back in bed.

Izuku hesitated unsure of what would happen. Whether or not he'd go through it. Or float above it. Would he be forced to explain to Aizawa? Should he run away or float away and not return. He'd been thinking too long when A second warning from the man quiets down his internal rampage.

Sucking up his concerns, and very tentatively, he floats closers giving the bed a quick stare before slowly moving down. He keeps his back to the man in case of an emergency escape. His eyes tightly shut closed as he lowers down. Down. Down. Down- oh.

He was sat? Properly sitting down? Not floating above the surface. But fully sat down on a bed. It felt...it felt so comfortable. It was like a little bit of his human life had come back to him for the second time today. He forgot how nice being able to feel thing was. It was really nice almost like a cloud.

Even when he was alive he never felt like this not since he was a kid. A kid with two loving parents. He could almost see them now.

One had... green hair, it was his mother? She was hugging him and apologising? Why? What was wrong, was he in trouble? Her voice sounded so upset but it was also calming and soft. It was nice. It was soothing him. He was upset too. Crying while smiling? but Izuku can't remember why.

Then the other faceless person must have been his dad. White hair, curly like izukus and... tall. He was whispering something into his ear. Was it a promise? "I'll always protect you my perfect son. Not even death can bring us apart." His voice was quiet but it screamed danger and manipulation. What did he mean? Nothing can bring us apart, yet Izuku can never remember him.

And the memories of his mother...they were fading. He tries to remember more. Digging deeper. "But, but daddy!"
"Shhhh Izuku my beautiful green eyed creation. it won't be for ever. I'll bring you back to me. Just wait."

Then it cuts off like an old film. Who was that. Who is his father? Was he going to help Izuku? Or was he lying? And the word creation, it made Izuku want to gag.

That's not important now. What's important is the changes that are happening.

How this happened and why this has happened or is happening didn't matter to the boy anymore. The concerns were pushed aside. He could engage in the world now. He was more free now. Even if it was a small thing. And even if it's just for a moment at a time, It felt huge to the boy. He almost teared up. "Aizawa-"

"Kid?" It's said loud and Aizawa noticed coughing once before lowering his voice. "What are you doing up? Your in no condition to be moving let alone standing." Aizawa says to the boy now sitting legs crossed on the bed. "I-" Izuku stops. "Something just happened I can't really explain. It just concerned me a little bit."

Aizawa hums sitting in the chair across the room. "Would you like to explain?" He asked not really giving the opinion to say no. "I- I don't think... y-you'd understand." He tilts his head down hair covering his eyes. "Not like you'd believe me anyway." He whispers at the end. Aizawa stays quiet allowing the boy time to think.

"It's complicated... I can't- I can't even remember what happened." He confesses lifting his head back up to meet the older mans gaze. "What did happen?" He asked.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.3K 325 36
How can someone so fragile, be so strong? °☆°☆°☆°☆°☆°☆°☆°☆° Disclaimer: This book will mention adult themes such as racial slurs, sexual assault/abus...
218K 8.9K 33
They had caught him, thinking that mere handcuffs could contain his quirk. They kept him under constant supervision, knowing that he could escape an...
20.3K 517 39
Mental Hospitals are meant to help people right? But what if they don't? Izuku Midoriya is a suicidal teenager wanting nothing more than to end it a...
52.2K 1.3K 24
izuku just got his quirk diagnosed on his 5th birthday and was celebrating it with his mom and the bakugos. on his way home his mom was killed and he...