RIDE OR DIE, Takers(AJ fanfic)

By wanderwall16

✨ C O M P L E T E D ✨ //This story is a personal remaking and alteration of the movie TAKERS// ... More

CAST!!✨
Who Am I?
'The Twilight Exit'
Gold Green Eyes And A Whirlwind Of Lies.
Follow Me To Stranger Lands
I'll Ride With You, Till I'm Part Of The Crew.
Murdering Gloom
Uterior Motives And Planting Explosives
Fight Or Flight Baby
Of Lilacs And Black.
An Evanescent Phenomenon
Craving Chaos
Ferris Wheel Of Speculation
Little Ray Of Pitch Black
Hellish Poisons
Russian Roulette And Twisted Bets
Your Ineffable Ways
Blurry Nights
Up In The Sky
Somewhere Only We Know
Tainted Glories
Maze Of Madness
Ride Or Die
Bang! Bang! The Gun Sang
Hospital Blues
Crooked Smiles
Castle By The Sea
Emerald Envelopes
You And Me
Stranger Things
Spectacularly Broken
Startling Silences
Deliriously Devious
Darker Than Obsidian
Man with the emerald ring
The Last Tide
Trials of Green: 1
Trials of Green: 2
Fiery and Sweet

The Crescent Moon

1K 35 5
By wanderwall16

The next morning I got up to aches and bruises everywhere. And I mean everywhere! AJ wasn't in bed when I finally woke. I groaned and tumbled out from the comfy sheets. Every part of me still pained and my neck still had an angry red bruise from where Yelena had scratched it. Outside everyone was in a hurry. Scurrying from one place to another. There were white boxes and tuxes everywhere. And out by the pool AJ and G were talking about something over a big map. Jesse was the first one to see me. He came running and hugged me. And I yelped out in pain which made him bounce too.

"Oh shit! I'm so sorry. I totally forgot about that." He apologized.

I just smiled sheepishly and brushed him off.

He took me to the kitchen and began making me sandwiches. I sat on the counter and looked around. Jake was sitting in the hall, and was busy doing something on his computer. I could hear John and Lily but couldn't exactly see them. And of course Ghost was here too. He was by the sofa chair with a milkshake in his hand talking on the phone.

"We decided to not tell him anything about Willow and the Russians. I mean...if he's involved he must know everything anyway. We don't want to waste time. Everyone is focused on the heist now." Jesse said seeing how I was eyeing Ghost.

I simply nodded in agreement.

"Where's Willow?" I asked genuinely curious.

"Oh she's still asleep. Poor thing must have really been tired. Lily is with John, talking," he said, heavy on the word talking.
"John's better. But you know a gun wound is a gun wound. It'll take time and rest."

"Will he be able to participate?" I asked.

"I don't know we've not talked about it. And even if they have, I was not invited to the conversation." He was getting something from the fridge now.
"They still think I'm a baby."

"Aw Jesse, they'll always see you like that. You're they're little riot!" I said with a smile.

"Yeah yeah, Well I'm an adult now. I-I want to be treated like one." He finished.

"Why don't you talk to them about it. Or prove it to them. Prove to them that you're mature now. That you're a grown ass adult?" I offered.

He giggled and kissed me on the cheek.

"Yes ma'am, thankyou. You're like the best friend I never had."

"Well you have one now."
-
-
I didn't want to go and eat around Ghost. But nor did I want to interfere with whatever AJ and G were doing. Especially with all the tension between AJ and I. He'd forgiven me, yes....but I still felt guilty and I knew he still had some unresolved issues with the whole situation too. I just didn't have the energy to deal with all that right now.

Instead I took the plate of sandwiches and moved down the long alleyway. And turned to the room from which I could hear Lily and John from earlier. They'd seemed to have finished 'talking' now. And honestly they were my favourite people to hang out with at the moment so I knocked twice on the door.

"Yup it's open." I heard Lily say.

I opened the door and stepped inside. I'd only ever seen Lily's room at night before. It looked completely different now. It was a cream room with elegant pictures hanging from the walls in perfect order. There was a canopy bed with lace hangings and cream pillows all over it. Huge windows covering more than half of the side walls were letting in warm sun rays making the bed look even more inviting. Lily was seated at the edge of the bed.

John, sitting in a dark black wooden chair was in another corner of the room. He looked tired, his left arm was in wrappings and he wore a white shirt and brown pants.

They both seemed happy when they saw me, Lily brightened with a big smile and came to hug me. I whimpered a bit when she did but she didn't realise. John just smiled and greeted me. He tried to get up but both Lily and I told him not too.

"I'm sorry for intruding. I didn't hear voices, so I assumed you guys were done." I said sitting down on a chair beside John.

"Oh Delilah, that's not a problem. We were done anyways." Lily said sweetly.

"How are you?" John asked with big eyes.

In the sunlight his eyes looked so luminescent. I could clearly see all the fine lines in them.

"Been better. What about you?" I asked.

"I've been better too."

I was going to apologise about the whole few days that went by when they both raised there hands, and stopped me.

We laughed.

"Ready for the big heist babe?" Lily asked me.

"What do I have to be ready for? I'm not doing anything," I answered.

"No that's not true. G and Jake will tell you later but you've got a job. If...you want it." John said.

"You mean like...an official taker?" I asked with a little sarcasm.

"Oh yeah, it's official. If you say so."

"Ghost?" I asked in general.

"Is being observed but ignored at the same time. I don't want him to ruin my day." Lily said with a pout.

"No sweetheart he won't. But before you go all banana mad. Jake needed you for something. Why don't you go help him out?" John told her.

She nodded and waved at us while leaving the room.

I had finished most of the sandwiches. When John went for one.

"You didn't make these did you?" He asked with a frown.

I narrowed my eyes.

"No, but I did curse them." I said.

He chuckled and took the sandwich.

"Everything is better then you making them. Anything else is a steal."

I huffed.
He giggled.

"So how is the whole AJ thing working out?"

"How's the whole G thing working out?" I said immediately.

He looked at me with a tired expression.

I sighed.
"Well we kissed and made up yesterday. He seemed more or less the same...." I trailed off.

"But?" He was looking at me, I could feel his gaze.

"But, I feel like he's holding back. Not yelling at me when he wants to. And...I feel kind of guilty too. I mean....he went overboard to protect me...he even made sure Irene and Sammy were safe. I just...I feel as if I've wronged him? Does that make sense?" I asked John.

He paused for a bit.

"You know, he always takes time. Give it to him. Give him space... he'll come to you. Once he's come to terms with it. And...then I guess you will too. Just...be patient...if you do love him... still." He said.

And I thought about last night when he held me up. When he carried me to his car. When he kissed me. My heart still drummed fast thinking about it. I was in love with him. I was madly and completely in love with him. I think I always was.

"I do John. I do even more than before. I just...I don't understand why he kept all of it from me. I could have helped him. We're good together!" I complained.

"Have you asked him about Yelena?" He asked.

"No," I answered.

"Then I can't tell you anything. He'll have to tell that to you himself.....but believe me Lilah. He's never been like this before. With anyone. For anyone. You...you influence him..in a good way."

Then he winced, when the side of the chair touched his elbow a bit.

"Oh John, I'm so sorry. I wish you weren't in so much pain."

"Everyone's in pain darling. Mine is just visible."
                        °°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

John and I chatted for a little while more when I heard Jesse call him. He blinked at me. And I helped him up and out of the room. Then I slumped back into the chair. The sun was hitting my face and I closed my eyes for a minute to take it all in. How my life had changed in the past few weeks. How much I've learned, about myself and others. How much I've grown. And how much pain and fear I've felt. Yet, I've never before felt so alive. So completely alive.
Wasn't that what I'd wanted?

I could hear the guys outside, Lily and Jake were singing something I didn't recognise and Jesse was whistling. I could hear G's remarks here and there and John's echoing laughter.

These people were probably the weirdest, and most amazing people I'd ever known.

The door to Lily's room burst open and so did my eyes. It was AJ, he wore an olive t-shirt and black pants. His hair looked more darker today. He moved towards me and sat down where John was before. When I'd said John's eyes looked beautiful in the sun, I didn't dare imagine how AJ's would look. The gold seemed to dissolve into the green. I couldn't help but stare.

"What're you looking at?" He said with the slightest smile.

"Your eyes." I truthfully answered.

He looked down and probably smiled.
His long eyelashes wavering gently.

"AJ I—" I was thinking how to frame it.
But he cut me off.

"How are you? With Ghost around?" He asked. I guess he still cared.

"Perfectly fine. Is there anything I can do? To help?" I asked.

"Yeah, but G will tell you everything later." I slumped back as he said it. "Right now all you have to worry about is getting a yellow dress from somewhere."

I looked up at him, confused.

"What?" I asked.

"We're having a wedding.....at noon." He said.

My eyes went wide. A wedding? That's why everyone was on their last string. Jake and Lily were getting married.

"How wonderful! I'm glad." I said getting up.

He looked concerned when he saw my expression as I felt a jolt of pain go through me.

"I'm going to go wish them congratulations!" I went on.

But he got up and touched my neck, where it had been scratched.

"Yelena." He sighed.

I gulped. Should I ask him now? Or should I wait?

"You know...what we had was more than a one time thing I guess." He said not looking at me. "I met her years ago, she was at the club serving drinks, I was young and stupid and full of pride."

I still looked at him, my gaze unwavering.

"We had fun for a week. Then I had to go on a trip. Business trip," he said winking.
"And she wanted to come with, wanted to be part of my world. I wasn't in love with her, per say. But I think I loved how much she loved me. And at the same time I was afraid of letting her in."

His hand was still brushing my wound gently. It wasn't paining me. But what he was saying, the look on his face. That was painful. I'd never known that their was so much more to love and relationships before. It wasn't all that, you had to accept someone and trust them fully. Love them with all their flaws. No one was perfect, with perfect pasts or perfect personalities.

"What happened?" I pressed.

He suddenly snapped out of whatever revealing mood he was in. Something was surely going on in his head.

"Nothing, I need to go..." He said and was about to leave the room but he stopped.

"Your eyes. I know..you think mine look beautiful in the sun. That the rays bring the depths of the ocean and the gold of  summer hay. But what you don't see is that the sun's stolen light lives within your very eyes." He said and left the room not looking back to see me on the verge of tears.
                      °°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

Lily was very specific about what she wanted me to wear. A light yellow-gold dress with a cream corset and a fairy like, pixie skirt. It would come till my thighs and some parts till a little below. I felt like a fairy out of one of my old barbie movies just looking at it. 

"It's so dreamy," I told her.
She was happy I liked it. Even if it was through a picture. She said she'd sent it to get cleaned and made to my size. I had to just go, pick it up and arrive at the wedding. Which would take place under a certain sycamore tree.
Lily's wedding gown was beyond breath-taking. It was a tight fitted white gown with a slit and a mermaid bottom. Her veil was short and frilly. And she was glowing.

"Delilah, you realise you're my bridesmaid right?" She said and I was taken aback. "I know we've known eachother for not so long. But you've made a place for yourself in my heart. And you're a friend I really needed. Will you accept my request?"

"Are you kidding me! Yes!" I screamed.

Apparently all the wedding decorations were already done. Willow had slipped away without me seeing her. She and Jesse had gone to deck up the place a little more. Jake was headed to G's to get ready. And John would stay with Lily. Ghost had left in the morning itself. He was obviously not invited. I smiled at Jake before he left and grabbed Lily's sedan's keys to go myself.

"Where do you think you're going?" AJ asked.

"To get the dress, I'll meet you at the wedding." I said almost out the door.

"Wait! We'll take the convertible." He called after me.

"We?" I asked.

"We." He answered holding me by the waist, moving me forward.
                  °°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

At the dress place, I hurried into the changing room to wear the thing. I didn't care about makeup or my hair. I felt suffocated in there.

It fit perfectly, and as I thought I felt like a pixie. Looking at myself in the mirror I thought maybe I should fix my hair after all. I went out and the same old lady who'd given me that beautiful black dress was waiting for me as if she knew that I'd need her help.
AJ had gone a little ahead to pick up his tux. And so I sat on the hardwood floor of the lady's old shop and she did my hair. She was so gentle and kind. She kept twirling it and putting in pins. I didn't care what she did as long as I looked respectable. My head was lost in thoughts of the heist and Ghost and AJ.

"You know, you remind me of my niece." The old lady said. "I don't have children of my own and she used to come over every month or so. She was just like you."

"Where is she now? Doesn't she come over anymore?" I asked and instantly regretted it.

"She's long gone dear. Better off now I hope." She said wistfully.

She was done with my hair and I turned to see one last of the pins she'd placed in my hair, it looked old. And had a little yellow flower at the tip.

I hugged the lady slowly and gently for both our sakes.

"Thankyou granny."

I thought I heard her sniffle a sob. But she just pat my shoulder and got up to go back into the thick of dresses in the back of the shop.

"I'll return the pins later!" I called after her.

"They're yours." She answerd back before disappearing.

I heard a sucked in breath and turned to see AJ standing by the entrance. He wore all cream. Except his shirt which was yellow. His hair was slick back as his fedora was banned from the wedding.
I remembered him telling me, 'strictly fedora-less ceremony' on the drive here.

"You look—right out of a fairytale." He said.

"You look like you miss your hat." I said.

"Don't rub salt on my wound." He pouted.
              °°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

On the drive back we listened to some music until I turned it off. The sun was on its way to set. The sky was going to be in a brilliance of colours when they get married, I thought. More people should have afternoon weddings.

"What're you thinking about?" He asked.

"Nothing in particular."

He sighed. "She fell in love with me Lilah.  I didn't let her in. That's all that happened. I broke her heart, when she thought I was the one who would mend it. She trusted me. And I let her down. That's all that ever happened."

"I figured. You don't have to feel guilty about it AJ. She'll get over it. You can't always be the hero. Sometimes being the villain in someone else's story helps them through eventually."

He chuckled sarcastically.

"Yeah well you've clearly never gotten your heart broken."

That stung.

"Well have you?"

"I don't think I ever had a perfect heart anyway."

"But you told me I could borrow yours since mine was damaged."

"You always can. If you'll have it. However it is."

We'd reached. No one was there, Willow and Jesse must have gone to get dressed. The big sycamore tree was covered lightly in lace and lights. There was a pathway made by candles and flowers in the cobblestones. And eight chairs were set by another end with a tiny table and a glass candle container. The fields were far and wide...you could see hints of the twinkling city lights far off in the end.

The skies were turning colorful and soft. There was a faded Cresent moon beginning to grow, waiting for the sun to set.

"That tattoo, the crescent moon. On the back of your wrist. Times up, story?" I said.

He chuckled and looked at his wrist.

"I remember a few things from when I was younger. One of them was my mother singing me to sleep. I noticed that she and dad, each had a Cresent moon with three stars on their right wrists. One day when they came to tuck me in. I asked them what it meant." He was lightly stroking the tattoo.

"And?" I asked.

"My mum said that before she met dad, she was like a Cresent moon. Lonely and half with flaws not making her full or complete. A Cresent moon on its own is just that half, empty. Incomplete. She said when she found dad he made her beautiful and spectacular. He didn't change her flaws, she still remained Cresent. But she became something spectacular with him. Same applied for him. He needed a Cresent moon to make his stars something more than the sum of their parts.....something.......spectacular?" He finished.

"I'm sure they were both spectacular people......together." I said and he smiled.

"I hope so," he said.

He let me see his tattoo then, I brushed my hand against it.

"Where are your three stars?" I asked.

"In you." He said looking straight at me for the first time that whole day.
                  °°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.6K 423 12
ricky was added to a gc randomly. ZEROBASEONE - KIM GYUVIN x SHEN RICKY started: 03-09-24 finished: 04-17-24 status: finished rankings; [04-02-24]...
32.2K 476 11
We all know the amazing story of The Greatest Showman. P.T Barnum ( Hugh Jackman ) created one of the best circuses in history, even making the typic...
44.3K 588 54
Story about a boy an girl being friends could there friendhship become more both going to the caregiver an little school. There will he some smut be...
110K 2K 83
... Is she okay?!... Someone please, call an Ambulance!!! The Police!!! Anyone!!... ... What happened... When did this happened... How did I... Ended...