FATE || Levi x Reader

By toffy59

ON HOLD ------------------ Titans were the only thing people feared, so they had walls built so high that it... More

Introductions: Before The Story Starts
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
A Letter to My Readers

Chapter 34

8.3K 347 882
By toffy59

Please, Forgive Me

(Y/n) laid on the couch with her hands on her chest. Her mind was racing with thoughts. She knew that Nikolas had her friends and she knew that she had to go rescue them, but that would mean fighting Nikolas himself. She wonders if she's strong enough to end his miserable life and she sighs.

Her friends were sitting away from her on the dining table, silently watching her gloomy figure. (C/n) rests on her stomach and she brings her hands down to ruffle the feline's fur. She closes her eyes and concentrates her mind to identify what was beyond the cabin.

She could feel the wind blow through the tree leaves and the soft coo of a dove. Elma had taught her that trick. Since the black-haired woman was deaf she had developed a way to sense objects around her by using her wind powers.

The way it would work was by sensing different pressures or how the wind would clash into objects. Elma had taught her how to locate her enemies using those powers. (Y/n) frowns at the memories. Anger bubbles under her skin and she clicks her tongue.

The only thing she had felt the past week was anger, fear, and sadness. Elma was killed by the hands of a friend and Ymir was probably already dead wherever the freckled girl had gone. She was slowly seeping into a depression and it was making her unstable.

She hated that she let her powers lash out violently. She could have killed one of her friends. Her frown deepens and her eyebrows furrow. She wanted to protect her friends and she repeated over in her head that she was protecting her friends. But, there was a voice in her head.

It repeated over and over and over again how she was more of a danger than anything else. She had harmed Levi when he got close to her and Sasha could have ended up dead. Eren and Historia were kidnapped and she couldn't do anything to save them.

She hears her friends talk about something and she tunes into the conversation. Hanji was talking about how becoming a titan shifter works. She explains that Ymir was most likely a titan when she came across a friend of Bertholdt's, Reiner's, and Annie's that had titan shifting abilities and ate the friend. This led to Ymir turning into a human with titan shifting abilities.

Hanji further theorizes that the government most likely took Eren to feed him to a titan so they could have a titan shifter under their control. Hanji and Moblit agree to leave the cabin to speak to Erwin. (Y/n) hears a set of footsteps nearing her and a delicate hand lays on her (s/t) forehead.

She furrows her eyebrows and slowly opens her (e/c) eyes to look up at the titan lover. Hanji gives her a sad smile, "We'll get your friends back, I promise."

(Y/n) hums in return and Hanji ruffles her hair before leaving the cabin with Moblit behind her. (Y/n) closes her (e/c) eyes again and turns to the side. (C/n) moves up to curl up next to her chest. She felt like the day after Caleb had slapped her. She felt hopeless.

Armin wanted to ask her if she was okay, but he already knew the answer to that. It was clear to everyone that (Y/n) was not okay. He wanted to comfort her, but he didn't know the secrets and memories that were plaguing her mind.

Levi stares at her back. He knew exactly what she was going through and it pained his heart. He felt like someone was torturing him every time he saw her hopeless demeanor. He sometimes thought back to the time he first saw her.

He had seen the way her personality changed over the past years. At first, she was an outspoken, brutally honest, humorous girl even though she always got in trouble for it. Then after the attack on Trost, she was more down to earth. However, after Eld's death and Ymir's decision, she had become completely torn apart.

She was slowly slipping through the cracks and he didn't know if she knew. He glares down at the table. He was mad at himself for letting her fall through. Erwin had told him to protect her, yet, there she was all hopeless and afraid slipping into an unstable mental state.

"Everyone," Levi's cold voice breaks through the tension of the room, "We're going to sneak into Stohess tonight to find information on where Historia and Eren are being kept. Go get ready."

They nod and stand up to pack up their stuff except for (Y/n) who still lays on the couch. He stands up from his seat and makes his way towards the couch. He sits down on the couch right in front of her lower back.

He places a cold hand on her head, intertwining his fingers with her hair, "I know what you're going through and I wish I could give you time to heal, but the fate of humanity rests on our shoulders. It's a burden we both share."

"So we have to lock away our feelings for now, until we have time to process them" Levi whispers to her and he hears a small sob escape her lips.

"Levi" she whispers through the sobs, "I'm so scared."

He slides his hands down to her back and rubs it to express he was there for her, "I'm scared too."

Her tear-stained face looks up at his stoic face. He gives her a tiny smile and then it turns back into his stoic expression. He pinches her nose, wiggling her face. She puffs out her cheeks in a childish manner, "Let's get ready before the brats come back."

She hums in response and he gets off the couch. He gives her a napkin to wipe her tears away and she does so. She stands up from the couch with (c/n) in her arms. She walks away from him to put on her gear.

Levi stares after her with a frown. He thought about whether it was best for her to go be with Erwin, but his selfishness didn't want her to leave his side. He rolls up his sleeves as he cleans up the dishes left behind by the others. All he wanted to do was protect her.

(Y/n) sat on the green grass with (c/n) rolled up in her arms. She stares up at the light blue sky. Levi, Sasha, and Connie sat around her waiting for Mikasa, Jean, and Armin to arrive with the news. Her stomach twists as she thinks about where her brother could possibly be, I hope Miles is keeping him safe.

A rustle in the bushes makes her look over at her emerging friends. Jean had a flier in his hand and a frown, "We've got some bad news."

Armin sits down on the grass in front of Levi to inform him of the news, "The Military Police is passing out fliers that call for the arrest of the Survey Corps members. But that's just half of it. They're also saying that anyone who brings (Y/n)'s head to the government will receive land, a lifetime of food, and money."

"So I have a bounty on my head?" (Y/n) smiles at the news, "If I knew that my body would cost so much, then I would have sold it a long time ago."

"This isn't time for prostitute jokes" Jean scolds her and she frowns.

"Do you guys have news about the Red District or my brother or Miles?" she asks and Armin shakes his head.

"The fliers only specify the Survey Corps and you. I'm not sure why the government is overlooking your friend Miles and your brother when it's clear that they are linked to you" Armin says and her frown deepens.

"Maybe because they're both dead already" she mumbles and Levi jabs her in the side of her torso. She lets out a groan as she places her right hand on her left rib, "Why do you always do that?"

"To keep you from overthinking," He says, "I don't know anything about Miles, but he is a demon and even though I don't like Caleb, I acknowledge that he is smart enough to slip through the MPs."

"I guess" she mumbles back and glances at her friends. They were all staring in shock at the closeness between the two people in front of them. They always thought Levi was a cold, callous person, but the way he treated (Y/n) made them rethink that.

"Back to our problem, Arlelt, continue" Levi states and the blonde nods nervously.

"Since the Military Police wants to arrest the Survey Corps, they are closing down all roads and doing checkpoints" Armin finishes explaining.

Levi glares down at the grass before looking back up, "Then we have to make a plan. The wagon ride to the Reiss compound takes approximately one day to reach. We could come up with a plan then-"

"Captain! I hear footsteps" Sasha exclaims in worry and everyone nods.

(Y/n) watches Levi and Mikasa jump down from the high branches and bring their swords against the necks of the two Military Police members. She glances at the girl and her eyebrows furrow. There was something similar about the girl that she couldn't put her finger on it.

Armin collects their guns. They then force them to remove their coats and gears. Levi sits down on a rock as he watches them get tied up and kneeled before him. Jean walks up to Levi and he hands him two identification papers.

Levi opens them as he stands back up and walks up to the black-haired, bowl cut MP, "From the Stohess District Military Police. Marlo Freudenberg and Hitch Dreyse. I wonder how we're going to dispose of you."

"Because of you, over one hundred people were killed in Stohess!" Hitch screams with fury and (Y/n) walks out of the trees.

"Shut it" (Y/n) speaks and Hitch's eyes widen.

"You!" Hitch screams and (Y/n) raises her eyebrow.

"Me?" she mumbles and Hitch grits her teeth.

"Don't tell me you don't remember me?" Hitch asks in surprise and (Y/n) places (c/n) down on the ground. She brings her finger up to her chin and taps it, trying to remember who the girl in front of her was. 

"I think I met you, but I don't know where" (Y/n) says and shrugs her shoulders, "You have a forgetful face."

"Why you!" the girl screams back and frowns, "I'm the girl who you choked and slammed your foot on her back when you went to talk to Annie."

"Oh! You were her roommate!" (Y/n) smiles in realization.

"Choked?" Jean mumbles.

"Stepped on her?" Armin mumbles.

"Yes, yes" (Y/n) waves her hand innocently, "I went over to speak with Annie the day before the female titan showed up in Stohess. This girl here was her roommate at that time and I may have choked her and then slammed her down onto the ground, gently."

"And she placed her foot on my back so I couldn't move! There is nothing gentle about that! And my name is Hitch" she screams, glaring at (Y/n).

"Yes, yes" (Y/n) mumbles and Levi sighs.

Hitch frowns at her, "You, you were her friend, weren't you? I never got the chance to know Annie and now I can never because the reason they haven't found her is that those titans pulverized her in Stohess!"

"No" Levi states coldly, "It's because the female titan is Annie Leonhart. Tch. It makes me sick that we don't know anything about the world around us, except the bastards at the centre of it all. We'll release you both as soon as we get out of here."

Marlo turns around to face Levi, "Captain! Please let me help you. I don't think what you guys are doing is wrong. If I can help correct this world's injustice, then let me help!"

(Y/n) glares down at the man in front of her, "Correct this world's injustice? Yet you've been working for the piggies? The same ones that have torn families apart and secretly assassinated anyone who shared a different belief from the government?"

"Levi, let's just leave them somewhere" (Y/n) states and Marlo frowns at the ground, "They're not worth trusting and we never know if they'll run to their superior and tell them all about us."

"We can help you get past the checkpoints" Marlo offers and his eyes go wide.

(Y/n)'s face darkens and a twisted smile appears on her face, "We don't need your help to pass through, I can just kill anyone who stands in my path."

Levi rolls his eyes and grabs her by her collar, pulling her away from them, "Idiot."

"Whatever, I like scaring people" (Y/n) replies and walks away from the group to go search for (c/n) who had run somewhere into the woods.

In the end, Jean had convinced both Marlo and Hitch to help them pass the checkpoint to get to the Reiss compound. Hitch had glared at (Y/n) before Marlo pulled her away. It was clear that the bowl headed guy was afraid of her.

"So what's the plan?" (Y/n) asks and Levi shakes his head at her.

"You're going to stay on the lookout. I don't want you going all murderous on us" Levi scolds her and she scoffs.

"So what am I? In time out?" she asks and crosses her arms over her chest.

"You are exactly in time out" he retorts.

"Levi" she whines as he leaves to go prep everyone else. She glances down at the feline who wore a smirk on her cat face, "Stop smirking at me."

"I just find it funny that you're letting a human order you around" (c/n) replies and lets out a weird noise that sounded like a laugh if cats could laugh.

"Stop laughing at me" (Y/n) pouts and they walk through the forest. The sun was setting in the horizon casting an orange glow on her surroundings. She feels the hairs on the back of her neck stand and she turns around to look at the person who appeared behind her.

Ava smiles at her warmly, "Your senses are sharp, although, not like Elma's"

"You have no right speaking her name" (Y/n) furiously points at the tall woman, "Why are you here?"

"Because I need to give you a little push" Ava replies cooly, "Hurry up and got to the Hall of Crystals and kill him."

"Why are you egging me on?" (Y/n) asks and her hands ball up into fists.

"Because I want to be free" Ava explains and she frowns, "I want to go home and I can't until Nikolas dies."

"What home?" (Y/n) questions.

Ava chuckles at her curiosity, "You'll find out at the Hall of Crystals. Now hurry up, and kill him."

She turns into a puddle of water, completely disappearing from the forest. (Y/n) bites her bottom lip. So many questions and there were no answers. She knew that Nikolas was with Eren and Historia who are at the Reiss compound, that's probably what they meant when they said Hall of Crystals.

She turns around when she hears her friends approach. Levi was dragging a hostage behind him. He slams the man into a tree and (Y/n) winces at the pain the man must have felt. She sits away from her friends with (c/n) on her lap.

She was wondering if she should leave her friends behind to finally fight Nikolas De Paz. However, what if she was gone and her friends were in trouble, what would she do? She sighs as she tries to decide what the best course of action is.

Her (e/c) eyes glance over at Levi. He had his boot in the guy's mouth, "But what's more atrocious is that mouth of yours. I suggest you use that mouth of yours before you lose it. So, tell me, where's Eren and Krista?"

He removes his foot from the guy's broken mouth, "It is no use! You will all have to hide within the walls and cower at the power of the government. Each and every member of the Survey Corps will be hanged, starting with the bastard who started this all, Erwin Smith!"

Levi grabs onto the man's arm and pulls it against the man's back, a cracking noise makes her stand up, "Shut up. That's not what I asked you. Answer my question, where is Eren and Krista?"

The man falls down to the ground and looks back at Levi with tears streaming down his face, "I don't know! Kenny Ackermann is a cautious man."

"Ackermann?" Levi mumbles and Mikasa's eyes glare down at the beaten-up man.

(Y/n)'s stomach twists as she connects the dots. Mikasa and Kenny the Ripper were related. Levi frowns at the last name, "He's an Ackermann? Well, it's true that he doesn't reveal things, but you must know something so I suggest you tell us before I break more of your bones."

"You're...You're insane!" the man screams as he looks back at Levi.

"Maybe I am" Levi cooly replies and (Y/n) covers her mouth as she feels her face blush. She wasn't going to lie, but the way Levi said 'maybe I am' made her blood rush with excitement. She curses herself for getting hot over the short man torturing someone.

"Someone is coming! Actually it's multiple footsteps!" Sasha alerts and points her bow and error towards the footsteps.

Hanji and Moblit appear from the bushes with large smiles on their face, "We have good news. The coup d'etat was successful and Zachary has control over the state. The Survey Corps name was also cleared by Flegal Reeves."

Everyone jumps up in joy except for (Y/n). This meant that she was free to go after Nikolas. She glances down at (c/n) in her arms and they nod knowing what is to come. She watches silently as her friends rejoice at the news. 

She feels hot tears whelm in her eyes. This could possibly be the last time she'll see them so she memorizes the way Armin wipes away his happy tears. The way Mikasa pats Armin's head in comfort with a soft smile on her pale face.

The way Jean and Connie wrap their arms around each other but separate when they realize their closeness. How Sasha jumps onto Connie's back with a smile on her face. She memorizes the way Moblit stares after Hanji's bright smile.

Her eyes land on Levi's short figure. He still wore his stoic expression but his icy blue eyes had relief in them. She smiles at them and slowly steps into the darkness with the feline in her arms. She places down (c/n) on the ground and takes off her cloak, ODM gear, and straps along with the extra pants.

She only wore her black jumpsuit and her weapons strapped to her thighs. She pulls up her turtle neck to cover the lower part of her face. (C/n) jumps into her arms and she thinks about Eren. Her body sinks down into the shadows of the trees.

She re-appears in a large cavern that was covered in massive, blinding crystals. She glances up to see Kenny and his squad point their guns down at her. She then moves to glance in front of her. Nikolas smiles at her.

"You've finally come" Nikolas states and his hazel eyes glare down at her with murderous hunger. She lets go of (c/n) and she rolls down the mask on her face. She smiles warmly at the man, please forgive me, Levi.

----------------------------------

I'm literally screaming. I think the beginning of this chapter is probably the best writing I've done so far. Tell me what your guys' favorite chapter so far is.

~toffy59

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.4K 160 14
"π™³πš˜ πšπš‘πšŠπš πšŠπšπšŠπš’πš—, 𝙸'πš•πš• πšπš‘πš›πš˜πš  𝚒𝚘𝚞 𝚘𝚞𝚝 πšπš‘πšŠπš πšπšžπšŒπš”πš’πš—πš πš πš’πš—πšπš˜πš  𝚒𝚘𝚞- πš πš‘πšŠπš πšŠπš›πšŽ 𝚒𝚘𝚞 πšπš˜πš’πš—πš?" "π™²πš‘πšŽοΏ½...
40.4K 990 38
[mikasa x fem reader] as long as y/n knew mikasa, she never really liked her. she hated her for breaking her best friend's heart, jean. but with a ne...
218 1 6
Growing up with a different lifestyle while attending a school with students that have a whole different lifestyle from you is challenging. You've be...
643 18 13
[VERY SLOW UPDATES!] She's the same woman, the same girl from before. But why does it feel so much different? Why does everything feel so much differ...