The Moonlit Series

By GalacticTRex

Book One: Lord Nerd (Logan Anderson) Book Two: So This Is Why We Kissed (Shelby Anderson) Book 2.5: What You... More

Lord Nerd
Chapter One: Happy Birthday Nerd
Chapter Two: Run for the Hills
Chapter Three: What Did You Say?
Chapter Four: Rogue Conversation
Chapter Five: She is What?
Chapter Six: Running with the Wolves
Chapter Seven: Shuffling Papers
Chapter Eight: A Cheesy Smile
Chapter Nine: Dinner at My Place
Chapter Ten: Elvis Has Left the Building
Chapter Eleven: A Walk in the Park
Chapter Twelve: What Happened in the Hallway
Chapter Thirteen: The Thing About Friends
Chapter Fourteen: With the Help of King Henry VIII
Chapter Fifteen: The Forest
Chapter Sixteen: Sugar
Chapter Seventeen: My Milkshake
Chapter Eighteen: I'm Yelling "Timber!"
Chapter Nineteen: Facts Can't Always Help You
Chapter Twenty: Daric + Red Star = Running
Chapter Twenty-One: Charging into Battle
Chapter Twenty-Two: When Your Feet Take Control
Chapter Twenty-Three: Like Archimedes and the Bathtub
Ad: What's Next?
Chapter Twenty-Four: How to Get Out of the Closet
Chapter Twenty-Five: Black and White
Chapter Twenty-Seven: Pack Meet Luna Luna Meet Pack
Bonus Chapter: Amanda's POV
Thanks
FUN FACTS!!!! (4)
So This Is Why We Kissed
One: Shelby
Two: Carter
Three: Shelby
Four: Carter
Five: Shelby
Six: Carter
Seven: Shelby
Eight: Carter
Nine: Shelby
Ten: Carter+
Eleven: Shelby
Twelve: Carter
Thirteen: Shelby+
Fourteen: Carter
Fifteen: Shelby
Fun Facts!!! (2)
what you don't see
C H A P T E R | O N E
C H A P T E R | T W O
C H A P T E R | T H R E E
C H A P T E R | F O U R
C H A P T E R | F I V E
Dare You To Love Me
Prologue: The Wedding
Chpt. 1: Pine Needles and Lavender
Chpt. 2: Punched. Again.
Chpt. 3: Save It for the Morning After
Chpt. 4: Remember What Happened
Chpt. 5: What Do You Think?
Chpt. 6: Patrol With the Most
Chpt. 7: I Got Your Solution Right Here
Chpt. 8: Ask Logan
Chpt. 9: Together
Chpt. 10: Sun Kissed Jealousy
Chpt. 11: Mi Casa es Su Casa
Chpt. 12: Dinner for Two
Chpt. 13: Journal Like a Pro
Chpt. 14: Bubble Baths Aren't Always Romantic
Chpt. 15: This is Dizzying
Chpt. 16: Everything Will Be Okay
FUN FACTS!!!! (1)

Chapter Twenty-Six: It's an Alpha/Beta Conversation & I Gamma Do Whatever I Want

2.6K 96 3
By GalacticTRex

A/N: Random long chapter name. Oh well, but thanks Mr. Oldham 'cause he told us about how someone said "this is an A/B conversation so C your way out of it." and he said "Well, it's an Alpha/Beta conversation so I'm Gamma do what ever I want."

Comment on anything for any reason, good, bad, random!

~Pip Pip Da Doodly Doo~

.<=:/{o0O0o}\:=>.

It's been about a week since Amanda moved in, and it has been all quiet on the Westward front. You can feel the tension building in the air. It feels almost suffocating at times. The pack warriors have been training as much as they can. No one goes anywhere alone. Most tend to stay in groups of three or more.

I sit stretched across Amanda's couch with her cuddled next to me. We have just been hanging quietly in her room for a while now. She did really well adding little touches to the room. Along with the pillows, lamp, and blanket, she had me change the door nobs to ones that were a gold colored bronze and glass. Also, she painted the outline of the rectangles on the doors with gold paint. With the frames she painted, she put a foam board in instead of the glass with lace on top of it. She hung it by the mirror, and it hold her jewelry. Finally, with the canvases so made me paint, she placed a leaf/leaves on top and painted over with purple. She pulled the leaves off and a gold leaf could be seen. She hung the on the wall next to the bathroom door.

"I don't like this." Amanda whispers.

I kiss the side of her head and stroke her hair. "Me neither. Something big is going to happen, and the longer this quiet goes on, the larger the storm will be." I hug her closer to me, close my eyes, and sigh.

.<=:/{o0O0o}\:=>.

"Amanda?" I call.

"Yeah?"

"I feel the need to tell you this."

It is Friday evening, the second on she has spent at my house, and we are sitting in the living room doing our homework. Aren't we great students? Doing our homework on Friday night instead of on Sunday?

"What is it?" Amanda looks up to me.

"I'm not sure why I feel the need to say this, but I want to take you out-you know, on another date; it's just that with nothing happening causing tension to build I feel like it would not be safe."

Amanda smiles and shakes her head. "Logan, you are one interesting character." She laughs as she leans forwards to kiss my cheek. Once you feel it's safe again, we can go on another date."

"You are one awesome girl for understanding me." I peck her lips.

She laughs. "I never said that I understand you."

I narrow. "Well, you also didn't say that you don't."

"Touché." She giggles.

"Dinner!" I hear Mom call.

I stand and offer my hand to Amanda. We walk into the kitchen to eat dinner. Our parents are already inside with Tyler. Mikena and Shelby enter a minute later followed finally by Daric. We serve ourselves dinner and sit in the dinning room. Small conversation float through the air. The smiles remain small on everyone's face. Food is lightly picked at. The tension in the room is almost pliable for we all feel the force descending soon.

Even still, I was shocked by the growl that emitted from Dad's lips. His eyes darkened. "They're here." He stands gripping the table's edge.

We all stand then. I grip Amanda's hand and begin walking to the cellar. I hear Shelby following with Mikena. We quickly arrive at the door, and I stop us before opening the door. I pull Amanda in for a quick, but loaded kiss.

"Stay safe in here." I whisper.

She stares deep into my eyes. "Stay safe out there."

I open the door, and she walks begins to descend the stairs. Shelby and Mikena walk past, and I whisper for them to stay safe as they walk past. Mom-with Tyler in her arms-, Sue, and Chris enter last.

Daric and Dad are racing to the front door, and I run after them.

All warriors to the south and east boarders NOW! Dad's Alpha voice yells in my head.

Once we hit the woods, we all shift into our woods and race to the rogues. Within five minutes, we have made it to the battle scene. Blood in already on the grass. I notice a few bodies on the ground, dead. I can't take in much more as rogues continue to crash with our warriors, out numbering us at the moment.

Daric runs off to attack a brown and grey wolf that just arrived. Dad runs around to help our wolves fight. I race for a wolf I see sneak up to one of our warriors that is busy fighting a different rogue.

I ram into his side tackling him. We roll ending with me on top. He snarls at me. He has sickly yellow eyes. His jaws are open in a snarl. Saliva drips from his teeth, lips, and tongue. His body convulses under me trying to attack. I don't give a second thought as I clamp my jaws around his neck.

I step away from the passed out rogue in human form. I trot farther into the scene looking for anyone that needs help or any rogues that are still appearing along with our warriors. I notice Dad helping two others fight off four rogues who quickly turn into two. I notice Daric jump at a wolf, snapping at him furiously, saving a pack warrior.

I run to another wolf stepping from the trees. The rogue is relatively small. It was either low ranking in a pack, a young new shifter, or a female even. I jump to land on his/her back, but it steps out of the way. Its small size gives it an advantage of agility. I land on my feet and turn.

Before I can turn to face it, it sweeps its paw over my side. The wound isn't too bad, but it still hurts. I turn fully and am able to ram into its shoulder. It stumbles back. Quickly, it steps around and jumps onto my back. I shake my back quickly getting rid of the attacker.

It lands on the ground with a crack. A whimper escapes its lips and pure animalistic fear shines in its eyes. I step over it and bite its neck.

I whip my head to the side as I hear the thundering paws of a large wolf heading my way. I jump forward preventing his teeth from sinking all the way into me, but he was still able to scrape my hind leg. I kick out my other hind leg and feel it slide down rough and crusted fur.

I turn around to face my current threat. His paw shoots out for me. I swipe it away and dive in to clasp my jaws around his shoulder. Before my head comes close to him, his paw smashes into my face. A small whimper passes my lips as I feel a claw break the skin of my muzzle. He then takes his turn to reach out and bite my shoulder. I slide to the side, yet he still bites the ankle of my front left leg.

A growl leave my throat. I jump at his side, and my paw slides down his side leaving one small and three large cuts over his ribs. He howls in pain as he falls onto his back with the force of my tackle. Blood oozes freely out of his wound dying his chestnut fur to a dark auburn. He kicks his legs out in a last attempt to free himself from me. One claw does catch my skin, but not enough to draw more than a drop or two of blood.

Quickly, I clamp my jaws around his throat, taking down another wolf.

I stand quickly and notice a brown and black wolf emerge from the trees. I also see Carter running in his direction. This wolf is large. He looks powerful and deadly. From here I can see his hate filled eyes. I chase after Carter knowing that he will need help. I will take at least the two of us to take this monster down.

Carter leaps onto the beast's back. A low, deadly growl leaves his menacing snarl. With a quick shake, Carter is on the ground beside him with a cry. He begins to stalk to Carter with head low and ready to bite. I open my mouth and dash up to him before he can kill Carter. I snap my jaws shut on his shoulder. He howls in surprise and pain. His head whips to face me. He shakes his shoulder, but I tighten my grip. I feel my teeth slide around in his flesh making the wound grow. He then shakes his whole body. My muzzle is freed from him bringing with it, muscle, skin, fur, and blood. It coats my lips and nose. Something about seem familiar, but I'm not dwelling on it. Not now in the middle of a fight.

He slams his large paw into my head. I see stars and try to hit him back blindly, but I miss. He collides with my side, and I go flying. I hit a tree and hear a crack. From the pain, I can guess that I now have a broken rib or two.

Ignoring the pain, I quickly rise to my feet. He growls and runs to me. From my peripheral vision I notice Carter running at him. He slams into his side, and I run to his other side. We are able to bring him down to his back. Carter pushes his paws onto his stomach. I put my weight onto his chest. He is trapped, unable to move. I lower my jaws, but I just want him to shift. I want to get some answers from this guy. The battle is nearly over, and we can spare this time.

When I pull back, Carter and I both gasp, but don't move. We keep him down. Within a second, my senses are back, and I stand to place my front paws on his chest. I stare into his eyes and know that the Red Star Gamma is no longer cocky about his fighting ability, but scared that he is about to die.

But that won't be happening. Not yet anyway. We will be taking him in and asking him plenty of questions first. I link Carter to knock him out. Carter walks to his head and slams his paw into his skull. Allen blacks out.

.<=:/{o0O0o}\:=>.

"I can't believe this!" Alpha Ben growls as he punches the closet tree.

Once the battle concluded, Dad contacted him to let him know of his Gamma's betrayal. He came alone leaving his son and Beta in charge of his pack in the mean time. Ben arrived an hour later to the now empty battle field to meet Dad and me.

"We need to figure out what to do next." Dad keeps a level head. "Is there anyone that comes to mind that may have been working with him?"

Ben sighs. "I don't know of any. For precaution, I locked up Evan and Allen's daughter Katy. But other than them, no one else comes to mind. He doesn't have any other family in our pack."

"Can you think of why he would do this?" Dad asks next.

Again, Ben sighs, but also rubs his eyes this time. "I may know why. Allen's mate, Wendy, had a friend from elementary school who was a halfie. Her name was Dana. The two were so close they were like sister. After high school, Dana went to college a while way. She wasn't in anyone's territory. The girls kept in touch, and Dana visited every semester break.

"After Dana's thrid year of college, she told Wendy about how she fell in love. She was going to bring him to meet her. They decided on meeting the first night at a resturaunt just outside of pack territory. Wendy was going to meet up with her, and Allen was going to meet up with them after he got done with work and dropped their kids off with my mate and me.

"Allen arrived at the place to find his mate dead and a broken hearted Dana nearby. What happened was that Dana's boyfriend was a hunter. He knew Dana as a halfie; she told him she was. She was not aware that he was a hunter. She was brought in to explain the situation. I remember that while she was explaining, she would break down and question whether he ever loved her. tI wasn't because she wanted him to come back and be together. She wanted to understand what was running through his mind, but he was never found.

"From that day on, Allen has always been bitter to all halfies. I just never thought it would be this dramatic. I never thought he hated halfies." Alpha Ben finishes and leans his head back with a sigh of defeat.

Dad places a hand on his shoulder. "No one would ever think of one of their friends as someone like Allen is now." He look up to the sky. "It's getting late. You are free to stay at our house and leaving in the morning if you wish or stay longer and we can talk about the more."

Ben nodded, and we walked back to the house. It was close to midnight when we got inside. The house was quiet. Mom sat up from the couch to greet us. Dad showed Ben to his room. I walk to my room, but stop in Amanda's room first only to find it empty. I feel panic strike my heart. I close the door and look down the hall.

I hear a sigh. I turn to my door where the sound came from. I open the door to see Amanda on my couch with a book. She appears to be half alseep. Scratch that. She appears to be four fifths asleep. I walk inside and crouch in front of her.

"Hey." I whisper as I take the book from her grasp.

Her eyes widen. "Logan!" she whispers back. Her arms quickly wrap around my neck. "What took you so long? Daric has been here for over two hours. I was so worried."

"We had to call Alpha Ben from the Red Star Pack." I wrap my arms around Amanda and lift her into my arms. "I'll tell you all about it tomorrow, but you need to go to bed now. You can barely keep your eyes open." I walk her into her room and lay her onto the bed and cover her with the comforter. I kiss her forehead. "Goodnight, C5 H10 O4."

"G'night, Cucurbita Pepo." She murmurs.

I quietly leave her room and head to my own for some much needed sleep.

.<=:/{o0O0o}\:=>.

A/N: Any advice, complains, or questions? Leave them here! I promise I will read them and answer questions or explain and clear up confusion.

Vote if you like the chapter, story, or if you want to listen to Girls by The Beastie Boys.

~Pip Pip Da Doodly Doo~

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.8K 1.1K 39
I stepped forward and asked, "Where do you want me?" It took me a second to realize what I just said. Shit! I placed a hand on my crimson face and mu...
115K 2.1K 37
"I hate you," I could taste my own lies. He stepped closer and whispered in my ear, "face it goodie, you can't stay away from me." He was right as...
2.7M 18.1K 7
THIS IS A 6 CHAPTER SAMPLE OF THE FULL-LENGTH NOVEL "REASONS TO LOVE A NERD LIKE ME" If you have a Goodreads account/blog and will leave me a short r...
832 62 32
Not enemies Not lovers Just strangers with some memories. *** To put it simple, Lewis Henderson, the boy who has his life planned out, hates Weston G...