Lavanya : The Chosen Queen [O...

By KavyaAgnihotri

FEATURED ON WATTPAD HISTORICAL ROMANCE Lavanya, the daughter of Siravuri Bhargav, the General of Maheswari, w... More

Achievements
Character Introduction
Secret Identity: Chapter 1
Her Past : Chapter 2
Impressed(1) : Chapter 3
Impressed (2): Chapter 4
The Proposal: Chapter 5
Accusation : Chapter 6
Prince solved the problem: Chapter 7
Marriage with Lavanya!?: Chapter 8
Marriage(1): Chapter 9
Marriage(2): Chapter 10
Dacoit Attack : Chapter 11
Fighting Against The Dacoits : Chapter 12
The First Night : Chapter 13
Surya Sneaks Into Lavanya's room : Chapter 15
Lavanya Stuns The Royals : Chapter 16
The Queen Defends Lavanya: Chapter 17
Akshara Enters The Palace In Disguise: Chapter 18
Virendra Is Impressed By Lavanya: Chapter 19
The Peculiar Case: Chapter 20
Virendra & Lavanya Team Up: Chapter 21
Virendra And Lavanya Find The Culprit: Chapter 22
Justice At Court : Chapter 23
Karthik Discovers Lavanya's Secret: Chapter 24
Will Karthik Breathe His Last? : Chapter 25
Virendra Challenges Lavanya: Chapter 26
Virendra becomes Lavanya's Guruji: Chapter 27
Virendra-Lavanya Finds Dacoits Treasure: Chapter 28
Virendra Gets Shot: Chapter 29
Sanvika Devi Takes Care of Prince Virendra : Chapter 30
Author's Note
Caring For Each Other : Chapter 31
Secret Mission : Chapter 32

Virendra Regrets : Chapter 14

4.2K 295 110
By KavyaAgnihotri

Mahesh was sitting in Virendra's room, making dreamy assumptions about Virendra and Lavanya's special night. His chin rested on his palm while a faint smile was plastered on his face, giving him somehow an idiotic look.

They must be having a good time now. Virendra must be holding Lavanya's hand softly while looking into her eyes lovingly. She must be feeling shy because of Virendra's presence. Mahesh grinned like an idiot. The next moment he shook his head in disapproval. No no! I shouldn't think about these things. It's the prince and the princess's private time. But I cannot stop thinking about it. Finally, Lavanya will make our ice prince Virendra melt. He chuckled.

But his fantasies came to an end when he saw Virendra entering into the room at an unusually fast pace. He immediately stood up from the couch.

"Virendra? What are you doing here? Wasn't it your special night?" Mahesh bombarded Virendra with questions while the latter didn't even glance at him, making his own way to his bed. "Virendra...I am asking you something! What are you doing here? You should be staying with princess Lavanya now." Mahesh asked again, looking at his friend with bewilderment in his eyes. He lost his patience when he saw Virendra sitting on his bed with his hands on both sides, supporting his weight while he closed his eyes, relaxing his body. "Virendra! Care to explain?!" Mahesh almost yelled, making Virendra open his eyes instantly.

"I left her," Virendra replied in his usual cold tone before looking at Mahesh.

"What!?" Mahesh's brows got knitted together after listening to unexpected words. "What is meant by you left her!?"

"I am not in a good mood Mahesh." Virendra huffed. "Because of her today we couldn't catch those dacoits."

"Virendra, I am really impressed." Sarcasm was prominent in his words. "So you left your wife just because of those dacoits?" He looked at Virendra while the latter's lips parted a bit, trying to say something but he remained silent. "Virendra, do you even care for your wife? How will you feel if your father does the same with your mother?"

"My father won't ever do that to my mother." Virendra glared at Mahesh.

"When you are so sure that your father won't do that your mother they why did you leave her?" Mahesh emphasized on his last words. "Did you even consider her feelings? Did you ever think that she could have some expectations from you? Moreover, it's the first night and it's said that it's very special to women. How could you do this to her?"

"I don't know why but...I couldn't control my temper seeing her." Virendra said in a low voice with hints of guilt in it. "When I looked at her, the dacoit incident came into my mind and I lost my control."

"So capturing the dacoits is more important than your wife, right?" Mahesh tried to remain as calm as possible but his heart was overruling his mind's decisions. "Then why did you marry her?"

"That's not it, Mahesh." Virendra stood up. "When I saw at her face, the incident of her standing in front of dacoits came into my mind. The way she was ready to risk her life for her maid Jyotimani, the way she was ready to go with the dacoits and the way that dacoit stared at her made me lose my control." Virendra let out a deep breath and looked away from Mahesh.

"So...you were angry because she was willing to risk her life for her maid, not because you couldn't capture the dacoits?" Mahesh uttered while his eyes widened in astonishment.

"Yes!" Virendra said in frustration.

Mahesh burst out into laughter making Virendra look at Mahesh weirdly. "Virendra, you know...you are the most unromantic person I have ever met." Mahesh laughed hard while trying to hold the arm of the couch for support.

"Why are you laughing!?" Virendra glared at him.

"What should I do instead of laughing?" Mahesh tried hard to control his laughter. "So you leave her because you are worried about her." He finally stopped laughing and looked at Virendra. "So our God of War Virendra cares for princess Lavanya."

"W-who said that I care for her!?" Virendra stammered while he looked away.

"They why did you lose your temper upon remembering that dacoit?" Mahesh taunted Virendra.

"It's...its because she is my wife and...and I have to take her responsibility." Virendra sounded unprepared while saying those words. "It's not my fault Mahesh. It's all my father's fault."

"Virendra, tell me something, does it hurt your pride to talk softly with her?" Mahesh said in a serious tone as he looked at Virendra. "She is your wife Virendra. You should talk softly with her. I am sure your harsh words broke her heart."

"Do you think I was wrong?" Virendra tried to say in a serious tone but it sounded like he was asking for suggestions from his best friend.

"Of course you are wrong," Mahesh said. "I think you owe her an apology."

"Do I really need to apologize?" Virendra looked at Mahesh like a kid who got caught red-handed.

"Yes!" Mahesh blurted out. "Asking for forgiveness won't snatch away from your position. "

"Okay. I will apologize to her." Virendra said in a low voice. "First tell me something, how do you know so many things about girls?"

"Because I used my heart instead of mind while thinking," Mahesh replied casually.

"Do you perhaps like someone?" Virendra asked.

"W-why are you asking me!?" Mahesh hesitated while he averted his gaze from Virendra. 

"Generally you never hesitate. But today you are stammering, it means...you have someone in your heart." Virendra arched his brow. "Now tell me who is the unlucky woman?"

"At least she is luckier that princess Lavanya," Mahesh replied.

"So you are admitting that you have someone you like," Virendra smirked while Mahesh was not ready for that attack.

"Huh?" Mahesh looked at Virendra immediately. "I don't like anyone."

"Mahesh, I know you since childhood. You never looked this unprepared before. It clearly states that you have someone you like" Virendra chuckled. "Now tell me who is she."

"I-its Jyotimani." Mahesh's eyes were glued to the floor.

"Hmmm...should I find a date for your marriage?" Virendra said calmly as he sat on the couch.

"Are you not surprised?" Mahesh asked upon receiving no reaction from Virendra.

"No." Virendra smiled. "Because I already guessed it a long ago. The way you look at her tells that you have feelings for her."

"Was it too obvious?" Mahesh nervously scratched his nape.

"I don't think none other than me has noticed this. So don't worry." Virendra said in an assuring tone. "Now tell me, should I fix your marriage date?"

"What are you saying Virendra!?" Mahesh sat beside his friend. "She doesn't even know that I like her. Moreover, I don't know if she has someone in her heart. How can I force her to marry me?"

"Why would she reject you?" Virendra looked at Mahesh. "You are handsome and capable of doing everything."

"Virendra, a woman cannot marry a man with all her heart if she doesn't love him. I don't want her to marry me if she doesn't love me." Mahesh said with a smile.

"Am I not married to Lavanya?" Virendra asked. "She doesn't love yet she married me."

"It's because the king had sent the proposal to her." Mahesh objected. "If someone else has asked for her hand in marriage, I am sure that she wouldn't accept the proposal."

"Does it mean that she has someone she likes?" Virendra asked.

"I don't think so," Mahesh said. "If I am not wrong, she hasn't experienced her first love yet." He paused and looked at Virendra who seemed to smile a bit. "I think you should make her fall for you, take care of her, and love her."

"But why should I do that?" Virendra protested. "It's her who always picks a fight on me."

"No one can help you, Virendra." Mahesh shook his head. "Forget about it, first go and apologize to the Princess. You don't need to fix any date for my marriage. I will slowly approach her."

"Now? Can I not apologize to her tomorrow?" Virendra asked.

"No!" Mahesh deadpanned.

"Okay." Virendra huffed.

.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

31.7K 2.4K 23
"Sshhhhh....." he hushed and pinned us against the wall leaving no space between us. I held onto his biceps with my hand in reflex. He shook his head...
301K 13.4K 45
||PART 1- REGAL DUOLOGY|| Aradhya, the firstborn of the king of Shiladhika...her life wasn't very pretty. Dispised for being a concubine's daughter...
10.3M 770K 88
Marriage had always been my dream but not to a man about whom I know nothing. The moment my father fixed an alliance of me to a Prince without even t...
49.9K 3.5K 39
"Even you know Vivek our marriage is not normal, and it can never be one." I cried out to the person standing close to me while taking 2 steps away f...