Mind and Might (A Quirkless H...

By Hexcss

Not everyone is created equal, that is a fact, but in a world of superheroes and villains, were 80% of the po... More

The Beginning
Consequences
Start
My own path
The Inventor
Change
UA
USJ
Aftermath
Prepare
What I am capable of
The Show
What I want to do
Opportunity
My chance
Battle of Ideals
Dawn in Hosu
Changes
Expo
Art of Battle
Training
The Exam
Fateful Meeting
Conversing
I-Island
I-Aftermath
Into the training camp!
Relief
Training, Training, Training.
Camp attack
Confusion
The Decision
Dawn
The Next Step
License
Progress
Understanding
Next Level
Into Darker Days
Strings
Prepare
Raid
Forgiveness
Pulling Strings
Two Sides Of The Same Coin
Rebuild
Quirkless
Special Forces
Eri
Festival Preparations
Gentle Criminal
The Festival
Time Sure Flies By...
Value These Moments
How It All Starts To Fall Apart...
This Was Just The Beginning...
Saint Peter Has Called A Name
A Broken Link
Phase 3
Real Monster

Learning

8.5K 214 153
By Hexcss

Izuku stood infront of the whole of class 1A after the end of the class.

Izuku: Mr. Aizawa will give you the recordings of the training. I need you to write an essay about all the flaws they had during the battle.
Tenya: Is there a word limit?
Izuku: No, as long as you explain it in a precise way, I dont care. I will check it next class. You are dismissed.

The students then began to sleep between themselves.

Kirishima: Damn we didnt even stand a chance against him.
Shoto: That wasnt even a battle.
Tenya: We wete doomed from the start.
Mina: Midori is really strong isnt he?
Momo: Not strong, all he did was outsmart everyone. He knew he couldnt win in a direct confrontation, so he took another approach.
Denki: It is like they were playing checkers and he was playing a game of 4D chess.
Shota: Izuku.... He never seizes to amaze me....
Izumi: Indeed, my brother is awesome...

Izumi then turned around and sae Bakugo who had a frustrated look on his face.

Izumi: Whats wrong Katsuki? Still frustrated you didnt win?
Shota: You just need more training and practice I'm sure.
Bakugo: You dont understand.... I've been training non stop since that day... I want to surpass everyone.... But I still cant surpass him.... How I am supposed to be the greatest hero like this?!
Izuku: Its simple.

They all turned to Izuku.

Izuku: The most powerful empires in history always end up drunk in their own power that is why they always end getting destroyed by mere barbarians. Power is useless if you cant use it properly, no matter how much of it you have.
Bakugo: But I have trained my power since forever. Are you trying to say I have been doing it wrong all this time?!
Izuku: Short answer yes, long answer its mote complicated then that.
Bakugo: Then tell me!
Izuku: Ever since quirks appeared it seems the strategy that most heroes and villains use is that of overwhelming with power, the one with the most power will always end up winning always.
Bakugo: Isnt that how it should be?
Izuku: Not at all, but that is how it has been normalized nowdays, I'm sure if you were to go against almost anyone out there you would win thanks to the overwhelming power of your quirk, and not only it already has an overwhelming nature, your tactics are used to make that power even more overwhelming.
Bakugo: Then why cant I beat you?!
Izuku: Because I am not playing with those rules.
Bakugo: Explain.
Izuku: I'm not implying I am special in anyway, what I am about ti explain is one of the principles of martial artists. Martial artists always try to end the fight as fast as possible and with the less hits possible, but we dont use overwhelming force to achieve this. We are taught techniques that will allow us to end the fight as soon as possible: Counterattacks, deception tactics, how to punch, timing. All of this and much more just so we can have create our path towards that one punch that will end it all. You use a predictable way of just charging into your enemy to overwhelm it, our tactics are used to deal with people like you, who would overpower us otherwise. In your normal fights you often go on a straight line and so does your opponent, you clash and whoevee had the must power defeats the other, but when you are fighting me or other any martial artist for example, you would charge at us in a straight line while we just stay there and then move at the last moment to prevent direct confrontation and then strike decisively from behind.
Bakugo: Thats being a coward.
Izuku: Its called being clever, you really think our ancestors were able to hunto down those beasts by charging directly at them? Humanity didnt reach this height by the virtue of their might, but rather of their mind. For most of our history we were some of the weaker species of our planet, and we developed to this, but when we developed a power greater then our mind, development stopped, coincidence? I think not. I know you are intelligent Bakugo, you understand the analogy I tried to make there.
Bakugo: The beast and the humans...
Izuku: Right. I guess in a sense fault of hero schools for teaching them first about their quirks and then leaving then to their own devices.
Aizawa: What are you trying to say Midoriya.
Izuku: Hero schools teach their students to control their quirks and then they tell them to create their ow fighting style, because supposedly now that they know more about their quirks they should be able to do it, but developing an efficient fighting style requires more then just knowledge about your quirk, it requires knowledge about yourself, yet they often dont.
Aizawa: It wouldnt be teaching if we give then the answers and they are the only ones qualified to answer questions about themselves.
Izuku: Also wouldnt be teaching if you dont guide them in the correct way, and if people truly know everything about themselves then why do psychological tests exist? Students should be taught the basis of fighting without quirks, then they should be taught about their quirks and then the students should be taught to merge their knowledge of quirks with their knowledge of combat, at that point they will have enough knowledge to develop an efficient fighting style.
Aizawa: Maybe but then why do most of our students end up in the top, look at All Might.
Izuku: 1. Your school moto is "Plus Ultra" which encourages them to punch the hardest in a world where who punches the hardest wins and 2. True All Might is the number one hero and he could defeat everh villain, but imagine how much more effective he would be if instead of punching his way through everything, he would use tactics and skill such as yours.

Aizawa widened his eyes for a moment and the smirked.

Aizawa: Make sure to add this into your report to Nezu.
Izuku: I sure will. Now if you excuse me I will be leaving to my own class.

Izuku then turned around and started walking away.

Jiro: Wow...
Denki: Yep... 4D chess.
Momo: I think his whole point is that what he is doing we shouldnt see it as something fantastic, but rather see it as what should be normal thing to do.
Tenya: True I also got it.
Mina: I think you are going to have to explain it to us again.
Bakugo: Deku!

Izuku turned around.

Bakugo: Next time we fight.... I will win!
Izuku: I'm counting on it.

Izuku turned around and again and continued to walk.

Izuku: 'He will use his anger to fuel his growth... Good, his personailty maybe his greatest weakness but at the same time his greatest strength, I wonder how will things develop from here'

The rest of thw day went by quickly for Izuku, except for the afternoon when he had a class with 1B. The class went pretty much the same as with 1A.

Izuku: 'As I suspected, it really is a problem that plagues the whole school'
Kendo: Sensei!

Izuku looked up to Kendo.

Izuku: Yes?

Kendo then vowed as well as most of the rest of the class (you know who didnt).

Kendo: Thank you.
Izuku: Ummm..

Izuku placed his hand on Kendo's shoulder to straighten her up.

Izuku: You shouldnt be so formal, I am students here as well, and besides that you and I have known each other for a while known.
Kendo: You dont like being called sensei? -Kendo smirked.
Izuku: Makes me feel old.
Kendo: Than that is a good reason for me to call you that!
Izuku: Ugh.
Kendo: I'm joking.

Kendo punched him in the shoulder.

Kendo: Please dont blow me up.
Izuku: I'm not Hatsume.
Kendo: Oh yeah, tell her thank you from my part for the suppory device she built me.
Izuku: Right, I will do it, see you in the representatives' meeting.
Kendo: Right.

Izuku tunred around and left.

Setsuna: I'm surprised you were able to get close with him.
Kendo: He is surprisingly charming once you get to know him.
Setsuna: Really? I wouldnt expect that from him, he looked so cold.
Kendo: It has to do with his past, but I dont know the details. We did start on rough note thanks to certain people.

Kendo looked at Tetsutetsu and Monoma.

Kendo: But after seating next to each other in most meetings we eventually started talking and we became friends.
Setsuna: You are lucky! You definitely hit a jackpot.

Setusna got chopped in the head.

Kendo: Its not like that, but I do appreciate him, he has helped me a lot with the representatives' work.
Setsuna: Oh so that explains why it was so well done!
Kendo: Hey! What are you trying to say?!

The next day... At the USJ.

Kirishima: Sensei! Are you going to kick or ass again?
Tenya: Language!
Izuku: No Kirishima, I'm not going to do it.
Jiro: May I ask what are we going to do then?
Izuku: A hero doesnt always fight, a hero also rescues. A true hero not only rescues the body but also the mind. Today we will focus on the physical part, because well, you cant do anything else is the person died. There is a reason why we are in this mountain too. A volunteer?

Izumi raised her hand first.

Izuku: Come here, I need you to use your imagination here too, show me that baked potato inside your head works.
Izumi: It does!
Izuku: Look.

Izumi looked to where Izuku was pointing in the mountain area.

Izumi: Cardboard figures?
Izuku: Imagine those are real people, they are breathing, they have family and have hope and dreams.
Izumi: But there is a group of 10 and on the other side there is 4.
Izuku: Indeed. You have 30 seconds to decide, you can only save one group.
Izumi: What?!
The class: Huh?!
Izuku: Time starts now.
Izumi: 'I can only save one of the groups?! That can't be! There has to be a way! What kind of hero would I be if I cant save them all?! There has to be a way to do it, he wouldnt have done this... Right? No! There has to be a way! Think... Think... Think!'
Izuku: Time's up.
Izumi: Wait!

Izuku pressed the button and all of the cardboard figures exploded.

Izuku: You were thinking of a way to save them all right?

Izumi turned to her brother.

Izuku: That is what an idealistic hero would think..... But not a realistic one. In your attempt to save everyone, you saved no one.

Izumi lowered her head.

Izuku: Everyone, listen up. There will be times when you will face situations like this, if you think fighting is the hardest part of being a hero, then you are very wrong. You will one day be forced to make a decision like this. This isnt a comic and you are not gods. There will be time when it doesnt matter what you choose, you will end up with guilt, so one must choose the guilt that will leave them the least insatisfied. Welcome to the hero life...

That afternoon in the Yagi household.

Izuku was studying in the computer...

Izuku: 'The exams are coming.... How annoying'

He then heard as someone knocked on his door. Izuku stood up and approached the door.

Izuku: Who is it?
Izumi: Its me, Izumi.
Izuku: What do you want?
Izumi: I need to speak with you, please.
Izuku: We are already speaking.
Izumi: Please just....

Izuku sighed and opened the door.

Izuku: What?

Izuku saw as Izumi vowed her head.

Izumi: I know I am in no position to ask you anything, but please.... Can you help me study for my exams?
Izuku: I am also busy with my exams.

Izuku was going to close the door but Izumi prevented it.

Izumi: Please, I know I dont deserve your help, but please, I need it, I will do anything you want me to do, but please I...

Izumi was about to kneel but Izuku placed a hand on her shoulder to prevent her from doing it.

Izuku: You dont need to reach those extremes. Listen.... *sigh*... If I promise to help you when I finish studying here, will you promise to leave me alone as I study?
Izumi: Yes!
Izuku: Fine then...
Izumi: Thanks!

Izumi then hugged Izuku as he just stood there. Izumi then stepped back.

Izumi: Also Shota wants to study with us too.
Izuku: You already had a plan?

Izumi smiled at him.

Izuku: *sigh* Fine, I dont mind it.
Izumi: Thanks! I will go tell her.
Izuku: Yeah yeah.

Izuku then closed the door.

Izuku: 'This are going to be some long weeks...'

Somewhere...

???: So how is everything going?
???: The ministry backs us up but the HPSC is worried this will reduce the importance of heroes in society.
???: Which is what we want dont we? The heroes are too autonomous, that is not good for us. Have you tried pressuring them?
???: I dont have too much influence in there, but our ally is doing his job quite well.
???: Indeed I have.

The two figures who were previously talking turned to the third one.

???: What do you have to report Bijon?
Bijon: I'm doing my job as you requested it, those old men will sign the petition and we will be able to order the new gadgets from Kater Industries.
???: Very well.
???: We should also get them to sell us the plans, that way we can send them to Detnerat and have them take over production, I dont want to rely on Kater and for him to have a way to trace the purchases back to us.
???: The spy is watching him closely, if he does anything, we will know immediately.
???: Very well then, you can continue to operate as you have been doing it recently.
???/Bijon: Understood....

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

769 25 22
Izuku Midoriya always wanted to be a hero since he was a little kid. Since he saw the great All Might save so many lives, that has been his one dream...
249K 3.8K 35
Izuku Midoriya... Some knew him as a nice boy, most knew him as a quirkless nothing living a dream-namely, Katsuki Bakugo. The doctors told young Izu...
470 13 9
In a society with 80% of people possess a superhuman ability called a quirk. However, there are the 20% who don't possess a superhuman ability. To th...
542K 13.5K 19
This is the story of how you became a hero. You even became a hero to the pros. You don't start off as well as everyone else but you soon grow strong...