Uncover

By jjsbabyx

Bri Jenkins is well a troubled girl always getting into fights never being able to control her anger and neve... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
characters!
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Unwanted
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Forever lost
Important
Last chapter

Chapter 19

22.4K 464 246
By jjsbabyx

Cole's pov:

We all sat in silence for a while after Xander took Bri upstairs nobody knew what to say I mean we all had are suspicions that she wasn't treated very well in her foster homes but we never could have imagined this, my poor babygirl she should never have had to go through that. When she told us what those disgusting men did to her it made me want to throw up and when I held her in my arms as she cried it completely broke me.

Everyone was at a loss for words Nick looked angry and upset at the same time he probably blames himself since he's the oldest even though this isn't his fault, Blake the guy who usually shows no emotion had unshed tears glistening his eyes. Caleb was furious I'm surprised he hasn't started yelling yet or punched something. Ace and Xavier were complete messes Ace was crying his eyes out along with Xavier who looked sick to his stomach I wouldn't be surprised if he threw up he was completely heartbroken.

I was surprised Xander had managed to stay calm I thought he would have stormed out of the house but I know his number one priority is looking after Bri he simply adores her, we all do but those to have a special bond I don't know what it is but even when they were kids they were inseparable It makes me happy to see that nothing's really changed there he may act cold and heartless to everybody but when it comes to her he let's all his guards down.

"Why?" Xavier sobbed "W-why would anyone w-wanna h-hurt her? What did she ever do wrong she's the most caring and loving girl I have ever met how could someone hurt her like that?" He sounded so upset it was hard seeing him like this.

"And when she was only a fucking toddler too she must have been fucking terrified her own other aswell what a bitch if she wasn't dead already I would kill her" Caleb said.

"If only I had of taken custody of her and brought her back when I first found out where she was I could have gotten her out of there sooner I could have gotten her away from him" Nick said he sounded so defeated and a few tears ran down his face.

"It's not your fault Nick you didn't know" I said trying to reassure my older brother.

"Yeah he's right Nick don't blame yourself" Blake agreed.

Nick shook his head and rested it on his entwined hands that rested on his knees.

"God this explains her weird behaviour and the nightmares" Ace said.

"I want everyone to treat her as normal but still be cautions that means no yelling or making loud noises I have a feeling she has PTSD so we need to be careful around her" Nick said.

"Yeah we we'll be careful" Caleb said.

"Alright everyone get to bed it's late" Nick said as he stood up to head for the stairs as well all slowly followed behind.

As I was walking to my room I decided to check on Bri so I slowly opened Xanders door to see her sat on his lap cuddled up to him with her panda fast asleep as Xander was lead back slightly against the headboard I'm glad he managed to get her to sleep, I looked to see Xander was also asleep. I walked over and put a blanket over them as they were sat on the covers, I tucked a piece of hair behind Bri's ear and kissed her on the head along with Xander I was really proud of him he was being such a good brothers towards her I thought his bad temper was gonna get the better of him but I was wrong she somehow manages to keep him calm it's strange but it's a good strange. I walked out and went to bed feeling the exhaustion hit me all at once.

---

Bri's pov:

It's been a few days since I told everybody about my past and they've all been treating me relatively normal with I'm happy about well except for Xavier and Caleb they've been ignoring me which upset me a bit I didn't know what I had done wrong. I moved back into my room the other night but Xander still always comes to check on me before bed and says goodnight.

It was the afternoon and I was sorting out some of my new clothes that were still in the bags I was slowly unpacking them each day I was just lazy to be honest. I was hanging some bits up when I came across a dress and I realised it was the one I had been looking at in the store that day I wonder who bought it for me? I decided to go to the living room and ask my brothers.

"Hey guys who bought me this dress?" I asked.

"Hm oh I did I saw you staring at it when we were at the mall" Caleb said. Wow that's the most he's spoken to me in days.

I smiled and walked over behind the couch he was sitting on and hugged him around his shoulders from behind and kissed his cheek.

"Thankyou I love it" I said then walked away.

A few hours later I was just cleaning my room when I heard a knock on the door "come in" I said.

Caleb walked in and closed the door behind him.

"You okay Caleb?" I asked.

"Yeah I was just wondering if I could talk to you for a minute?" He said as he walked over to me.

"Yeah of course what is it?" I said.

"Look I'm sorry I've been a complete ass these past few days" he said.

"Hm oh no it's okay but um did I do anything to upset you in any way?" I asked.

"What? No no of course you didn't why would you think that?" He shook his head.

"Well when you started avoiding me I thought I had upset you without realising" I said whilst looking down and playing with my hands.

He came forward and wrapped me in his arms hugging me tight.

"No you didn't do anything it's just ugh well you see the other day um" he stumbled on his words. He pulled back and held my shoulders looking at my face.

"When you told us what happened to you I was angry and upset I still am and everytime I looked at you it just reminded me of what happened to you I know that's a shit exscuse and I'm sorry" he said.

I smiled and hugged him with my arms around his waist as he immediately hugged me back "Its okay don't worry about it I'm glad you came and talked to me I was worried I had upset you."

"Ugh I'm really sorry and I'm sorry for what happened to you, you don't fucking deserve any of that shit none of it" he said.

I looked up at him and gave him a small smile "I'm okay now you don't need to worry."

"You know you can always come and you to us about anything right you don't need to keep yourself closed of if your ever worried or scared or simply just want a hug you have all of us" he said as he kissed my forehead.

I rested my forehead against his chest and sighed "I'm not used to it" I said.

"Not used to what?" He asked.

"Talking. About stuff I don't know how. I'm not used to having family I'm used to being alone" I admitted.

"Baby look at me" he said and I looked into his eyes.

"Your not alone anymore and you never will be again we care, we care so fucking much okay" he said and I nodded.

We hugged again before I realised something "uh Caleb."

"Yeah" he said.

"What about Xavier why has he been ignoring me?" I asked as I looked at him.

"He was absolutely heartbroken when you told us, he wouldn't stop crying I think he's just upset and if he's around you he would probably break down and he wouldn't want you to see him like that but I think you should go talk to him though" he answered.

"Yeah okay I'll go speak with him" I said.

"Good, I love you I hope you know that" he said giving me one last squeeze.

"I love you too" I smiled and squeezed him back.

As we pulled apart he kissed cheek and we both walked out the room.

I went to Xaviers room and knocked once I geared him say one in I entered to see him sat at his desk.

Before he looked up I immediately went over and hugged him with my arms around his shoulders.

"Bri what's wrong" he asked.

I pulled away and stood straight "please stop ignoring me I don't like you not talking" I said.

"Uhh baby I'm sorry" I sighed.

He gently took my waist to sit on his lap and hugged me as I did the same.

"I didn't mean to upset you I'm just still a little upset about what you told us I'm sorry baby" he said.

"No it's okay Caleb came and spoke with me and told me why he hadn't been talking with me much either and I understand it's fine" i said.

Suddenly I felt Xavier slightly shaking and I realised he was crying "Hey hey Xavier don't cry why are you crying?" I said slightly panicked that I had upset him.

"I'm sorry I'm so so sorry for evreything you've been through I have no idea why someone would ever want to hurt you, it makes me feel sick just thinking about it especially when you were still just a toddler and you've had to endure it for all these years I'll never understand how someone could hurt you like that" he cried.

"Xavier" I mumbled I didn't know what to say he really did care for me a lot.

I pulled back and wiped his tears and smiled "I'm okay see I'm right here I'll never understand either but I don't care it doesn't matter any more" I said.

"But your not okay" Xavier said.

"What do you mean? I questioned scrunching my eyebrows in confusion.

"Don't you think we notice how you flinch everytime we put an arm around your shoulder or touch you when you don't realise it's us or how you flinch at loud noises or shake randomly or how your still cautions when eating you always wait until we start eating first we notice these things and your clearly not okay" he said.

"Xavier listen I can't control that but I'm ok alright" I kissed his cheek and hugged him again.

"Okay" he sighed but I knew he didn't believe me.

"Come on let's go find some food I'm starving" he said as he helped me stand and we walked towards the stairs he turned around and picked me up like a child so my legs were around his waist as he carried me downstairs.

"Hey I can walk ya know I'm not a baby" I said.

"I know but your still injured you need to save your energy" he said as he placed me down once we were at the bottom "and yes you are a baby" chuckled.

"No I'm not I'm fifteen" I groaned.

"Yes but you'll always be my babygirl" he said pinching my cheeks and I just pouted and crossed my arms.

"Awh aren't you just adorable" he said and I rolled my eyes huffing causing him to laugh.

"No I'm not stop it" I blushed and looked away crossing my arms.

"Awwww your blushing that's so cute" he squealed like a little girl.

"Stop it" I said.

"Awh c'mere" he grinned and wrapped his arms around me and started kissing me all around my face.

"Stop I'm ticklish" I giggled.

He pulled away and grinned at me "fucking adorable."

"Ugh stop" I huffed.

"I'm sorry baby but you are just so fucking cute when your annoyed I can't help it" he said and put an arm around my shoulder and we walked to the kitchen.

"Yeah yeah" I rolled my eyes again.

"Hey you two we're going to get ice cream let's go" Cole said.

"Yassssss" I squealed with excitement.

Xander, Ace and Caleb showed up and we walked out the front door to Coles car.

Cole sat in the drivers seat with Ace in the passengers leaving the four of us to squish in the back.

"Okay we seriously need to start taking the bigger car I don't feel safe here" I said.

"We can switch if you want" Ace said turning to face me.

"No it's fine I don't like sitting in the front" I said.

"Huh why the fronts the best seat?" Ace asked.

"I just don't" I shrugged.

"Weirdo" Ace chuckled as Cole started the engine.

I was sat between Caleb on my left and Xavier on my right Xander was next to Caleb.

We started and were at the ice cream place in no time.

"Why are we getting ice cream again?" I asked.

"Because we can" Caleb shrugged.

We were at the counter and I had no idea what to order "What do you want Bri?" Cole asked.

"Dunno never had it" I said.

"What you never had ice cream?" Ace looked shocked.

"Nope" I replied.

"You have but you won't remember you were to little" Cole chucked.

Xander ordered for me and we all sat down I sat between Xander and Cole as the others sat opposite us.

Xander me my tub of ice cream but it looked weird.

"Uh why's it green?" I asked.

"It's mint choc chip trust me you'll love it, it was always your favourite Nick used to bring us here when we were little" Xander said.

"Hmmm okay then" I hesitantly tried some as the others watched.

"Wow that's actually really good" I said surprised.

"See told ya" Xander smirked "try mine" he handed me his spoon with some ice cream on.

I tried it and it was so good "That's really good what is it?" I asked.

"Salted caramel we always got the these and did half and half because we could never decide and Nick refused to buy us two" he chuckled.

"Can we do that now?" I asked.

"Yeah" he grinned and took my pot and split the ice creams so now who both had a bit of both.

"Here you go" he handed me my tub back.

"Hey Xander you gave me way more, you barley have any" I said.

"It's okay" he said.

"But-" I spoke.

"I said it's okay just eat it before it melts" he cut me off.

I couldn't finish it all so I ended up giving the rest to Xander "Here I'm full" I said.

"Hmm your not just saying that because I have you more than me?" He raised a brow.

"No I'm not do you want it or not" I said waving it infront of his face.

"Fine thankyou" he kissed my temple.

We stayed for a while and talked it was fun I felt normal for once and it felt really nice but my life is fat from normal and I knew that this wouldn't last.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

294K 7K 29
This story really have a lot of grammar mistakes but I'll edit it as soon as possible. So, if you are a grammar freak.. DO NOT READ THIS STORY. A...
35.8K 809 30
Something tragic has happened. A 17 year old Valeri has to move to her dad's place. She spent all her life thinking he was dead. Her now dead mother...
153K 2.3K 66
⚠WARNING: VERY CRINGE AND MESSY, MAJOR PLOTHOLES, I STARTED IT LIKE TWO YEARS AGO. ⚠ . Rose Woods has been with her foster father Jordan Lukes ever s...
205K 5.9K 33
Bottling up emotions is one of Danny's greatest skills. Since the age of 5, Danny has had to fend for himself in the rough environment of foster care...