Uncover

By jjsbabyx

Bri Jenkins is well a troubled girl always getting into fights never being able to control her anger and neve... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
characters!
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Unwanted
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Forever lost
Important
Last chapter

Chapter 15

24.4K 545 417
By jjsbabyx

I made my way to the kitchen for breakfast school has been alright I've gotten a but closer to Zoey, Zayn and Dylan they always invite me to sit with them at lunch but I told them I sit with my brothers I'm still trying to be careful with getting to close to them but they do seem really nice.

"Morning" I grumbled as I sat in my seat I can not me bothered for school today.

"Are you okay?" Ace asked.

"Yeah" I replied and laid my head on the table closing my eyes.

"Bri breakfast is here" Cole rubbed my back.

I sat up and the food was placed in front of me and I slowly began eating.

I ran a hand through my hair it was really annoying me today "ugh my I hate my hair" I groaned.

"What's wrong with it" Ace chuckled.

"It's annoying me I'm tempted to just shave the whole thing off at this point" I replied.

"No don't do that you have really pretty hair!!" Xavier said.

"Just tie it up" Caleb said.

"I can't it will look weird besides I've never been able to do my hair" I said.

"I'll braid it for you" Xavier said.

"Huh? You can braid?" I asked kinda shocked.

"Yeah I'll do it after breakfast" he said.

"Thanks" I replied.

We finished breakfast and Xavier took me to the living room and he sat on the couch.

"Sit on the floor in front of me" I sat inbetween is legs and handed him my hair brush and hair ties.

He began brushing my hair and starting the first braid.

"How do you know how to do this?" I questioned.

"When I was little I learnt how to do it so I could do it on you" he replied.

"That's sweet" I slightly smiled.

He finished both and put his hands under my arms lifting me up as he stood. I looked in the mirror to see he had done two dutch braids they were actually pretty cute.

"If you leave them in over night your hair will be wavy tomorrow" he said.

"Thank you I love it" I said still looking in the mirror.

"No problem baby sis" he hugged me from behind wrapping his arms around my waist and kissed my head.

"Time to go guys" Caleb called from the front door.

School went as normal and I was sat with the boys at lunch Xavier had his head on my shoulder and was trying to sleep however it seemed hard as it was hella noisy in here it was pretty hot today so most of us took are blazers off and loosened are ties you would think for a private school there air con would be a little better luckily I stopped cutting my wrists and did it on my good thigh Instead to make sure my brothers wouldn't see, there are a quite few scars but I covered them with makeup.

Victoria came over to are table ugh great didn't she get the message last time.

"Hey baby how are you" she ran a hand through Xanders hair and he seemed really annoyed.

"Piss off" he spat.

"Ugh what's that slut still doing here" she glared at me.

"Don't call her a slut she's my fucking sister" Xander snapped.

Xavier wrapped his arm around my shoulder and gave me a kiss on the cheek and whispered in my ear "don't listen to her."

"Ew why would you kiss you sister" Victoria made a disgusted face at Xavier.

"It was on the fucking cheek you bitch now fuck off we don't want you here" Caleb snapped.

She kept running her fingers through Xanders hair as he was sat back in his seat with his arms crossed looking pissed but he can't just start shouting at a girl in the middle of the cafeteria I could see his jaw clenched.

"Xander wants me here right baby" she bent down and started kissing his jaw and he kept trying to move his face away.

I shot up out my seat and grabbed her wrist that was in Xanders hair and move her away and stood in front of Xander letting go of her wrist.

"What the fuck are you doing" she said.

"Did I not make it clear to you last time huh?" I said "stay the fuck away from my brother" I glared at her.

"You can't hurt me" she giggled.

"Wanna make a bet on that" I raised and eyebrow.

She shoved my shoulders and I fell back onto Xander lap and he caught me so I wouldn't fall I immediately got up and went to punch her but stopped myself before I did I can't get into a fight with this girl right now.

"See your not gonna hit me" she continued to giggle she came closer to me so we were face to face "I did a little digging turns out you've been in some trouble with the police correct? And your on your last warning you can't afford to be starting fights right now can you?"

"How did you-" I began speak.

"Doesn't matter, my daddy's good friends with a few police officers at the local station so who's side do you think they're gonna take the girl who is known for her violent behaviour or they're friends daughter?"

I stayed quiet she was right if I so much as bruise her arm I'm done for.

"Now I suggest you move out of the way before I make you" she cut me off with a smirk on her face.

"No" I said I still wasn't gonna let this bitch throw herself all over my brother.

She raised her had and slapped me across the face but I didn't even flinch then she punched me but I still didn't move as she went to hit me again Xander stood up and grabbed her arm just before it made contact with my face.

"Don't fucking touch her" he gripped her wrist quite hard.

"What are you doing stop that it hurts" she whined.

"Don't ever fucking come near my sister again" he growled I haven't seen that look on his face before he was pissed.

He let go and she walked away and Xander turned to face me "what the fuck Bri why did you let her hit you? You could have blocked both of those hits easily" he snapped at me.

"Sorry" I said with a blank expression.

Caleb stood up and turned me to face him he gently grabbed my face with his hand and turned it to the side to examine it.

"Your bleeding pretty bad" he said.

"Yeah thank her diamond rings" I said.

"Fucking bitch" he growled.

"Why didn't you hit her back?" Xavier questioned.

"You heard what Nick said I can't be getting into fights" I replied.

"No you know Nick wouldn't care if it was self defence it's because of that stuff she was saying about the police right?" Ace spoke up.

"It's fine don't worry about it" I said and removed my face from Calebs hand.

I grabbed my bag and blazer and went to leave.

"Where are you going?" Jordan asked.

"Well I'm not gonna go to Spanish with blood on my face in going to clean myself up" I replied.

"Want one of us to come with?" Ace asked.

"No I'll be fine stay here" I walked out of the cafeteria only to bump into someone I looked up to see Zayn.

"Woah Bri what happened to your face are you alright?" He asked looking concerned.

"Yea I'm fine I gotta go" I began to walk past him but he grabbed my wrist.

"Nurses office is that way" he pointed to the opposite direction.

"I don't need to see the nurse" I said.

"Are you sure it looks pretty bad" he said.

"Yes I'm sure I just need to clean it" I said.

"Come on then I'll help" he said and started dragging me an empty science classroom instead of the toilets "Sit on the counter."

I sat on the counter next to the sink and went over to the fisrt aid kit they have in the science rooms.

"What happened then?" He asked as stood in front of me and gently grabbed my face with his left hand using the other to clean the cut with an antiseptic wipe.

"Victoria" I said.

"Ugh that bitch you hit her back right?" he asked.

"No" I said.

"What why? You don't seem to be the type of girl who would just let someone hit them and you stood up to Victoria on your first day so why not now?" He questioned.

I shrugged in response and he sighed.

"Ya know your not the most talkative person in the world" he chuckled as he placed a big square white plaster over my cheekbone "all done now you look even more badass" he grinned.

"Thanks" I mumbled.

"Are you okay" he asked.

"Yeah fine" I said.

"Ya sure? Cause you don't seem fine you can talk to me if you want I'm a good listener" he said with a smile.

"I'm okay it's just been a long day" I gave him a small smile.

"Okay but give me a call or a text if you need anything okay."

"I will" I said.

"By the way your hair looks pretty cute like that" he winked and picked up his blazer and bag from the floor shoving his blazer in his bag and swinging it over his shoulder.

I was blushing so much god why can't I ever take a compliment I could see through the corner of my eye that he was staring at me.

"Your blushing" he grinned.

"No I'm not" I said whilst jumping off the counter and putting my bad on my shoulder.

"Huhu okay" he was still grinning at me "come on we both have Spanish he said and started walking with me next to him.

As we were walking one of Victoria's disciples bumped into me on purpose and giggled which just pissed me off I never let someone push me around I hate this.

"I gotta go to the bathroom you go ahead" I said as we walked by the bathrooms.

"Okay cya" he said and continued walking a went into the classroom that was just down the hall.

As soon as I realised the bathroom was empty I punched the wall repeatedly to let my anger out then I dropped my bag and unbuttoned the top few buttons of my shirt and pulled my arm out and bit down on my bicep. After a few minutes I calmed down and cleaned my arm and made my way to class.

The rest of the class was okay and I was currently at my locker putting some books away when two boys suddenly came up to me as I closed my locker door.

"Hey it's Bri right?" A boy with black hair asked.

"Yeah that's me can I help you?" I questioned.

"My name's Ryder and this is Max" the boy with black hair said he also had grey eyes that had a hint of blue to them I turned to look at Max he had dark brown hair and brown eyes.

"We just wanted to introduce ourselves we noticed you were in a few of are classes I'm seventeen and Ryder is eighteen" Max said with a smile these guys seemed nice enough.

"Well nice to meet you but I have to go my brothers are waiting for me" I said nicely.

"We'll see you tomorrow then" Max smiled.

"Yeah sur-" I was cut of my someones arm around my shoulder and I looked to my right to see Caleb.

"Hey Caleb" I said.

"Hey baby sis what are you doing?" He said looking down at me.

"Hm? Oh these guys were just saying hello were you waiting for me?" I questioned.

"No I got held but let's go now the others are probably already at the car" he said.

"K and I'll see you guys tomorrow I guess" I gave them a slight wave and they smiled but Caleb just glared at them and dragged me off.

"Stay away from those guys they're trouble okay" he bent down to my ear as we were walking.

"Okay" I said not really bothered by what he said I can handle myself.

"Hey did you punch something again?" Caleb grabbed my hand and saw the marks on my knuckles.

"Yeah" I mumbled looking away.

"Well don't keep doing it your gonna hurt yourself" he kissed my cheek and I just nodded in reply.

We made it home and I played some video games with the boys Nick, Blake and Cole were all working it was going fine until my thigh started becoming really painful and I started to shift uncomfortably in my seat.

"Hey you okay?" Ace asked he must have noticed my discomfort.

"Yeah I'm fine" I replied.

"How's your cheek?" Xavier asked.

"It's fine" I answerd.

"I wish I could beat that bitch up for hurting you" Xander muttered.

"It's fine I don't care" I said.

"That stuff she said about you being in trouble with the police is it true" Ace asked.

"Yeah I got in trouble with the police a few time because I was caught fighting on the streets" I said bluntly.

"And that's why you didn't hit her back because you would get the blame?" Caleb said.

"I always get the blame I don't care about that but I don't really want the police knocking at the door for Nick to deal with besides I've had a lot of warnings from them I'll be in big trouble" I replied.

"Well I don't think you have to worry according to your old school you got into fight everyday but you haven't even so much as slapped one person at are school even after Victoria hit you twice" Caleb said.

"Yeah I guess" I said.

We continued to play for a little while longer but my thigh was too painful "I'm gonna go take a shower I'll see you guys at dinner" I said and started walking away.

I took some painkillers and had a cold shower to sooth the pain then I got changed into some pjamas and went down for dinner.

"What the fuck happened to your face?" Blake barked as I took my seat at the table.

"Nothing" I said and began eating.

"Boys what happened" Nick asked.

"A girl hit her twice" Xavier said.

"Bri why did she hit you did you start a fight with her?" Nick asked.

"Why do you assume it was me who started it?" I looked at him slightly irritated.

"Nick she didn't start it the girl was all over Xander making him uncomfortable and Bri stepped in after Xander repeatedly told the girl to stop but she carried on" Xavier explained.

"I see sorry Bri I didn't mean to upset you" Nick apologised.

"It's fine" I replied.

"Bri didn't even hit her back evwn though the girl shoved her really hard into Xander and hit her twice she just stood there and didn't retaliate" Caleb said.

"Yeah Xander had to step in and stop the Victoria from hitting her again" Ace said.

"What Bri why wouldn't you hit her back?" Cole asked looking shocked.

"Her dad has friends in the police force she would go running to him and get me in trouble." I replied.

"Bri it doesn't matter if someone hits you don't just stand there defend yourself" Nick said.

"I didn't want trouble with the police Victoria would have twisted the story and gotten me into even more trouble and who do you think they would believe?" I said.

"I would have delt with it don't worry about that kind of stuff okay and I'll be ringing the school and make sure that this Victoria is delt with" Nick said.

"No please don't I can handle myself I don't want teachers involved" I said.

Nick and Cole shared a glance and Nick sighed "fine but if she hurts you again and you don't defend yourself I'll be calling the school okay" Nick said sternly.

"Okay" I nodded.

____________________________________

It's finally Friday luckily during the rest of the week Victoria didn't bother me. I was walking through the halls with my brothers and Ace had his arm around my waist whilst he was texting someone on his phone. "Hey Bri look basketball tryouts are next semester I'll put your name down" Xavier said and went to write my name on the signup sheet that was on the notice board I missed tryouts this semester so I had to wait until they needed more players.

"Wait don't" I quickly said and all my brothers looked at me weirdly.

"Huh why not" Caleb asked.

Shoot! I gotta think of an excuse I can't play because my ribbs are getting worse and my thigh isn't doing to good.

"Erh am I allowed?" I questioned trying to stall so I could think of something.

"Yeah of course you are that's a stupid question" Ace said looking down at me.

"There you go all done" Xavier said.

"W-what wait um" I stumbled on my words.

"What is it you love basketball don't you?" Caleb questioned.

"Yeah nevermind" tryouts are a while away yet so hopefully my injuries will be better by then.

During free period I was sat in the library studying for a test when my phone starting ringing I looked at my phone to see it was Lucy.

"Hey Lucy, evreything alright?" I questioned.

"Well not exactly there's something I need to tell you" she said with a nervous voice this can't be good.

"Well what is it?" I asked.

"It Michael he's going to be released earlier than expected" she said. I felt my heart beat quicken, my breathing became ragged and tears flooded my eyes and ran down my cheeks.

"W-what w-hen?" I stuttered.

"I don't know yet honey but as soon as I know I will tell you okay" she said.

"O-okay" I said.

"Have you told your brothers yet?" She questioned.

"No" I said.

"Well I think you should consider telling them soon obviously you can take your time you don't have to do it right now but I think you should do it as soon as possible alright hun" she replied.

"Okay" I said in a quiet voice.

"Okay I'm gonna go now I promise I'll keep you updated" she said.

"Okay bye" I said.

"Bye honey" she hung up.

I packed my stuff and quickly sped walked to the bathroom however as I rounded a corner I bumped into someone's chest and felt myself falling backwards but then suddenly a pair of strong arms caught me wrapped around my waist and pulled me back up.

"Hey sorry Bri my bad" I looked to see it was Nate. Ben and Jordan were there to, Nate put his hands on the side of my shoulders and examined my face I was a sobbing mess and I was shaking like crazy.

"Bri what's wrong why are you crying" Nate asked looking at me with concern.

"N-nothing I I'm f-fine" I stuttered.

"Well then why are you crying and shaking?" Ben asked.

"N-nothing" I pushed past them to go to get to the bathroom but Nate wrapped his left arm around my waist pulling me back.

"What happened?" Jordan asked but I ignored him and tried getting past them again but Nate put his hands on both sides of my waist stopping me from leaving.

"Hey hey Bri look at me calm down it's okay" Nate said.

I tried getting out of his grip but he's too strong, I began hitting and shoving his chest but it wasn't working he didn't even move an inch "l-let go of me" I cried.

The boys all shared a concerned look "I'll go find one of the boys" Ben said and ran off to go look for my brothers.

"Get off" I continued to punch Nates chest but he still wouldn't budge.

He pulled me into his chest and wrapped his arms around my shoulders and I struggled to push his away he brought my head to his chest and held it there. After a while I stopped struggling and hugged him back as I wrapped my arms around his waist and cried into his chest he started stroking my hair and whispering calming words in my ear.

"Hey shh it's okay, your okay" Nate whispered as I continued to sob.

"Lets take her somewhere before anyone sees her like this" Jordan suggested.

"Yeah let's take her to the locker rooms nobody will be there at this time text Ben and let him know" Nate said and he began to walk with me he had both his arm around me and I had my face buried in his side as I continued to hug him praying nobody will see me.

Jordan opened the door to the boys locker room and we all walked in. Nate sat me down on one of the benches and sat next to me and hugged me again rubbing circles on my back and I rested my head on his shoulder. Jordon crouched in front of me and rubbed the side of my waist in a comforting way.

I started to find it hard to breath and the shaking became worse Nate held one had and Jordan held the other to try and stop them from shaking.

"Dude she's having a panic attack" Jordan said and then Nate moved and took my blazer off and put it on the ground then continued to hug me.

"Bri listen to me you gotta calm down focus on breathing okay" Nate tried calling me down but his voice was drowned out my a ringing noise in my ears.

Suddenly the door slammed op-ed causing me to flinch and cry harder. Ben and Caleb came through the doors and Jordan moved so Caleb could crouch infront of me he grabbed both sides of my waist and rubbed his thumbs to calm me down.

"Hey hey breath you gonna calm down your having a panic attack" Caleb said "someone call Xander."

"Nate got his phone out and stood up to call Xander and Caleb sat next to me pulling me to his chest and rubbed my arm and kissed the top of my head "shh it's okay babygirl" he whispered into my hair.

"Xanders on his was Xavier is with him" Nate said.

"Ace won't answer his phone and I don't know where he would be" Ben said.

I continued sobbing and my chest began to feel extremely tight "It's okay baby Xanders on his way" Caleb said.

Then right on cue Xander and Xavier burst trough the doors. Xander immediately crouched next to me and cupped my fave if his hands. "Hey it's okay just breath I'm right here" he wiped my tears but more just followed after Caleb had one hand on my thigh my good one thankfully and the other around my waist. I was finding it difficult to see evreything started to become blury.

"Hey focus on my face and follow my breathing okay" he stroked my cheeks and I did as he said. "There you go just like that."

After a few minutes I was breathing normally again but I was still crying "you okay bub?" Xander asked.

I nodded and Nate came over and handed me his water bottle after pulling the top up "Here have some water" he smiled.

I took the water from him with my shaky hands and drank some "slow sips" Caleb said so I slowed down.

I handed the sports bottle back to Nate "thank you" I said barley above a wisper.

"No problem" he smiled.

"What happened?" Xavier crouched next to Xander.

"Nothing" I sniffled.

"Bri don't give me that bullshit" Xander said.

I looked at him then said "It's fine just my social worker called and she wanted to talk to me" I said.

"About what?" Caleb asked.

"It doesn't matter I just got myself worked up over nothing" I lied.

"Does this have something to do with what you guys spoke about when she came round." Xavier asked.

I nodded my head and put my had on Calebs shoulder as he still held me "What did you guys talk about you still haven't told us?" Caleb said and I just shook my head again tears still rolling down my face.

"Bri you gotta fucking tell us if it's making you this upset it's gotta be important" Xander snapped.

"Chill bro" Xavier placed his hand on his twins shoulder.

"No I won't fucking chill why don't she tell us we're meant to be her brothers so why is she hiding stuff from us" his voice got louder and he looked really mad and I flinched at his yelling.

"Just calm down about It isn't gonna solve anything your scaring her" Xavier spoke in a calm voice.

Xander looked at me and his eyes softened "sorry Bri I didn't mean to yell" he said in a soft voice and I nodded my head.

"I think we should go home" Xavier said.

"Yeah let's go, would one of you mind going to the office and find out which class Ace is in and let him know what's going on" Caleb said to the boys.

"Yeah man no problem" Jordan said.

The twins stood up and Xander grabbed my bag and my blazer "thanks bro I'll call you later" Xavier said to Jordan.

Caleb gave Xavier his bag and picked me up brial style I put my arms around his neck and laid my head on his shoulder.

"Xavier you drive my keys are in my pocket" Caleb said and Xavier grabbed the car keys from the side pocket of Calebs trousers.

He got into the back of the car and placed me on his lap hugging me close as Xander sat next to us. After a few minutes Ace got into the front and Xavier began to drive.

"Hey you okay babygirl?" Ace turned to face me.

I nodded my head and and Caleb began rubbing my side trying to keep me calm, I lifted my head up to look at him before whispering "sorry" to which Xander glared at me for.

"What the fuck did I tell you about apologising all the time?" He snapped making me slightly flinch and I'm pretty sure Caleb noticed.

"Xander stop and Bri you don't need to apologise you did nothing wrong baby" he kissed my temple and I rested my head back onto his shoulder.

We finally arrived home and I was still crying, Caleb carried me to the couch and sat me down. Nick, Blake and Cole entered the room they probably came home from work I'm guessing one of the boys told them what happened.

Everyone sat on the couches staring at my trembling state before Cole spoke up. "What happened babygirl?"

I didn't reply I just focused on keeping myself calm. "Bri I need you to tell me what you and Lucy had spoken about when she came to visit and what the phone call earlier today was about" Nick said.

I immediately shook my head refusing to say anything "Bri please we're just worried" Cole said.

"I-I'm fine, can I p-please just go to bed I'm really tired?" I avoided eye contact.

"Of course you can Xavier go with her make sure she gets up okay" Nick sighed.

Xavier came over and helped me up and we walked to my room, I got changed in my bathroom into some pjamas but not before taking some painkillers and looking at my ribbs they had gone black and my chest still felt extremely tight and it was painful to breath I back in my room where Xavier was sat up against the headboard he had already turned the lights out for me.

He patted the spot next to him and said "come on babygirl I'll stay until you fall asleep."

I got under the covers and layed my head on his stomach and wrapped an arm around his waist as he ran his fingers through my hair putting me to sleep.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.9K 30 22
A 15 year old girl faces the extremes starting from a young age... Abuse, mentally..physically..emotionally.. hatred, depression, suicidal thoughts...
264K 4.2K 17
Chloe Clarkson is 15 years old and lives with her 10 older, overprotective, defensive, annoying brothers who will stop at nothing to keep her safe. ...
2.5M 70.3K 38
"Actually I do. I'm working", I said with no emotion at all. They didn't deserve it. They don't get to know how I have felt through the years without...
8.5K 200 19
***Trigger warning: torture, blood, suicidal thoughts, self-harm, substance abuse, rape, eating disorder, gore, abortion attempt, abortion*** A 20 ye...