lovesick ➳ destiel oneshots

By douxdestiel

Destiel oneshots! A lot of these prompts will either be found online or some I'll base off of episodes. Mostl... More

cat•astrophe
super•spooky•natural
mem•o•ries
lost•and•found
nick•names
stitch•es
sur•ro•gate
scar•wor•ship
teas•ing
sam•my
sleep•y
hug•gy
watch•ing
sketch•es
lack•a•dai•si•cal
tan•gled
you•geek
i•need•you
im•pala
sick•ness
spoil•ing
shop•ping•spree
flow•ers

this•is•how

268 11 7
By douxdestiel

description: Cas teaches Dean how he makes his pies.

note: Day fifteen of my thirty day writing challenge! Half way done! Thank you for all the people who have read, voted, and commented on each of my daily one shots. It really means a lot to me in a way words can't describe.

words: 1,795

☁ 

Dean loved pies. He always had. Ever since he was a child, his mother made him pies of every flavor. He would happily sit there in his highchair at the table, munching away on gooey pie. Dean had always adored his mother, even decades after her death.

But, after she had died. Dean no longer had the homemade pies. He would only buy pies at the store, instead of making them himself. They didn't have the same taste as his mother's pie. Although she died thirty-five years ago, he still remembered the taste and texture. No pies ever tasted like hers. Even though he still loved pie, and would cherish them every second of the day, none of them were like Mary's.

Except for the angel's.

Cas' pies were the absolute most amazing thing that Dean had ever tasted. Dean couldn't say they were a little bit better than Mary's, he could say that they were ten times as better. It gave him a sense of the little bit of childhood he had again. Growing up after his mother's death was miserable. His father was always hunting and he had to take care of Sammy. Mary and her cooking always filled Dean up with a nostalgic satisfaction he wish he could've had everyday. But Castiel's pies gave him more than that. It gave him love, warmth, kisses, and happiness. Cas made him exuberant with every single slice of pie he ate.

However, Cas was not always there. He was very busy as an angel. Yet, whenever he had free time, he would always come to the bunker and make Dean pie.

And so, Dean had asked Cas, since he had they had the whole day to themselves, to show him how to make his signature pies. Cas experimented with a lot of flavors, but Dean had asked if they could make apple pie that night. The angel, of course, was overwhelmingly intoxicated with happiness. He had always wanted to bake with Dean.

Getting the ingredients for the apple pie out, Dean watched Cas' ass hanging in the air. He was bending over, trying to grab all of the bowls and utensils he would use.

"Dean, I am very happy that you asked me to show you how to make your favorite dessert." he smiled, turning around and putting all of the utensils on the island in the middle of the kitchen.

Dean had his hip hitting the island, and his angel leaned over the counter and kissed him, holding a metal bowl with his finger tips.

"Of course, baby." Dean smiled. "I need pie when you're not here, so..."

"So, what? Dean, you cannot finish your sentence with only 'so', it is not proper grammar." Cas scolded, smiling. 

"So... I need to learn how to make it." he beamed.

"Yes." Cas nodded, going to the refrigerator. "We need sugar, brown sugar, flour, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and the crust out of the pantry."

The angel had said those ingredients like he had said them in his head a million times. He didn't stop to look at the recipe, he just knew it at the top of his head.

Grabbing the sugar and flour, Dean's eyes looked up, as he was trying to remember what Cas had said. He probably needed to write it down, but he didn't have time. He quickly glanced behind him to see that Cas was already putting the some ingredients in the bowl. He grabbed whatever he could out of the pantry and Cas looked up as he was chopping apples, to see that Dean had grabbed more than half of the wrong ingredients.

"Dean, I said sugar, brown sugar, flour, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and the crust." he shook his head. "Not basil, cornmeal, and baking soda."

"Oh." Dean stuck out his lips. Cas was so quick with his cooking that it blew Dean's mind.

Cas went over to the pantry, and steadily put the ingredients they didn't need, and instead grabbed the ones they did. Cas had the pantry all organized and knew exactly where everything went. He guessed that Cas was always in the kitchen whenever he was at the bunker, making different things for Dean and himself. 

"May you peel these apples, Dean?" Cas simply said, peeling them himself, too. There were about seven apples and the angel already did two.

"Yeah, sure." he replied, grabbing a peeler and trying to do it himself.

Dean ended up cutting himself, as he was peeling towards him.

"Dean!" Cas said, scared. "Dean, are you okay?"

The mentioned had his thumb in his hand, sucking the blood to try and soothe the pain. "Yeah, man. I'm fine."

Cas dropped his half-peeled green apple and his knife to go over to Dean. Putting his arms around Dean from behind, he grabbed both of his hands with his, positioning them in how to peel them. Dean's ears turned a shade of pink, yet he still paid attention to Cas' muttering and instructions.

He removed his grip from Dean and went back over to his own apples to peel. Dean knew how to then, he just wasn't as fast. Cutting it away from himself, he looked over at Cas who was already done with the apples and started to measure out his sugars, flour, and spices.

In a very fast voice, like Cas had done this a million times, he told Dean, "Half a cup of sugar, half a cup of brown sugar, three tablespoons of flour, one teaspoon of cinnamon, a fourth teaspoon of ginger, a fourth teaspoon of nutmeg, all in this bowl."

"Uh." Dean licked his lips, looking at all of the bags and inside the bowl. He was still peeling his apples. "Can you write the recipe down?"

"I did." Cas smiled, taking a folded piece of paper out of his pocket. On the very front of it, it said 'FOR DEAN' in his familiar handwriting.

"Oh." Dean's lips curved. "Thanks, Cas."

"Yes, of course."

They looked at each other with simple passion. Like nobody else in the world existed and they were the only two that were left. 

Castiel's eyes snapped back down. "We need to thinly slice those apples."

"Okay." Dean nodded, resisting the urge to downright knock everything off the counter and let Cas bang him on the island.

Grabbing a knife, Dean got his own apples and sliced them like Cas had said to. 

Once they were finished, they put all of the apples in a bowl and mixed it in with lemon juice. Dean wondered how many times Cas had gotten away with putting something nasty in Dean's pie, just for laughs, and he ate it. Then they poured the mixture of the sugar, flour and the spices. 

"This is actually really easy, Cas."

"Yes, it is. I have done this specific recipe multiple times." Cas replied, no surprise in his voice. 

"Yeah, I can see that." Dean chuckled, looking at how quickly Cas was working. 

While the both of them looked at each other, their noses were touching. Tilting his head, Dean leaned in and kissed Cas. Surprised, Cas hit his hand on Dean's thigh, that was covered in flour.

Dean looked awestruck as he jerked back and looked down, seeing the handprint of flour cuffed on his thigh. "What?" he laughed.

The hunter stuck his hand in the bag of flour, and softly slapped Cas' ass. Laughing, Dean turned around to get more flour, but Cas smacked his back, and flour puffed onto his leather jacket. 

"Dean-" Cas smiled, showing his teeth.

Both of Dean's hands were caked in flour, so he went up to Cas, ready to cup his face and kiss him. "No, Dean!" the angel laughed, ironic fear in his voice.

Dean did, indeed, cup his boyfriend's face while his hands were doused in flour. It puffed in the air and Dean accidentally inhaled it. Coughing, he covered his mouth with his arm while laughing at the same time.

"You suck!" Dean chuckled, wrapping his arms around Cas' waist.

"Dean, I do not suck. You are the one who sucks my-"

Dean coughed again, waving both of his hands in the air. "No! Hush."

"We need to finish this pie, Dean."

"Okay, okay, fine." Dean's smile was contagious, which caused Cas to grin as well.

The angel showed Dean how to put the crust in the pan. It was very simple and Dean was a quick learner. Cas was so glad that Dean wanted to learn how, because often times Cas was alone in the kitchen, singing simple tunes to himself while baking. But Cas didn't mind seeing the surprised gasp that Dean sustained whenever he showed him his baked pies.

They put the pie filling inside of the pan with the crust, then they dotted the top with butter. Once they did that, they put the remaining, rolled-out crust on top of it. Cas got a singular egg from the styrofoam carton and placed it on the counter, then he showed Dean how to cut slits inside of the crust. The angel explained that it would cook it faster and more evenly, his voice like melted butter.

He got the egg and cracked it, using the shells to separate the yellow yolk from the whites. Beating the whites with a whisk, it turned foamy. Using a brush, he demonstrated how to use it to paint it over the top crust.

"It will make it nice and crispy." The angel smiled. 

Then they got a few pinches of sugar and sprinkled it on there loosely, not caring where it went.

They popped the pie in the oven and dusted off their hands in satisfaction. Shutting the oven door, they looked at each other and smiled ear to ear bashfully. "I love you, Cas."

"I love you too, Dean."

Those simple sentences were better than anything Dean could ever taste and smell. It was something he could feel without hesitation. Cas showed a simple part of his love for Dean by baking for him, but just the short things they did and said for each other was better than anything Dean could ever experience.

Ever.

I am so, so, so extremely sorry that this was late! Yesterday (June 15th) I was astronomically busy. I went to multiple stores all that afternoon and then I slept over at my friend's house that night, and didn't bring my computer. Thank you all for 700 reads!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

284K 9K 49
+ This book is filled with oneshots about my OTP, Destiel. I hope you enjoy reading them. + Started: [26/12/2016]
86.5K 1.8K 53
This is a book specifically of oneshots from the Supernatural fandom (which is one of the best fandoms ever) This will include ships (Destiel, Sabri...
746K 29.3K 200
Destiel smut and fluff filled short stories. More fluff than smut. These stories are written for my enjoyment and hopefully yours as well. They range...
10.7K 542 35
A collection of destiel oneshots (and more)! Requests are open! Word count: 23,630 *contains mature content