adore you // [h.s]

By lawleyxstyles

He placed his hands on the side of my face before he pulled me in for a kiss. I stared into his eyes as I la... More

Meet the Characters
Prologue
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60
61
62
64
65
66
67
68
69
70
Epilogue
Epilogue - 2
A/N
Extra

63

1K 26 15
By lawleyxstyles

Harry

"Surprise!" Everyone screamed as I walked back into my house. I jumped a step back, placing my hand over my chest. My entire house was filled with friends and family.

My eyes scanned the room to see Audrey standing with the sweetest smile on her face. I walked over to her with my arms open wide, wrapping myself around her, "thank you so much!" I whispered into her ear.

Audrey really had been my biggest blessing. She has done so much for me today, and believe it or not, she's made this birthday enjoyable. I have hated celebrating my birthday for years. Everyone has always joked that it's just another day for me to be the center of attention, but that's why I hated it. I was always the center of attention, so why should I be unless I have to be?

Most people want these big extravagant things planned out for them, but I would much rather be invisible for a day. Years ago, I started wishing that people would forget my birthday but right now in this moment, I'm thankful that someone remembered. For the first time in years, I'm happy that I'm not invisible.

"Happy birthday, loverboy!" Audrey whispered before she kissed my cheek. I looked down with a genuine feeling of happiness, "Go say hello to some of your friends! I'll be around."

I looked around the room to see a familiar head of brown hair, "Mitchell Rowland!" I placed both of my hands on his shoulders, giving him a gentle shake.

"Hey, birthday boy!" He teased as I walked around to his side, "You know it would've been nice to mention everything that happened with Audrey."

Immediately my heart sank, "Oh shit, did you say something stupid to her?"

"I looked her dead in the eye and jokingly asked if she had been jumped."

"Did no one ever teach you manners, Mitchell? Good God, can't take your ass anywhere."

Before Mitch said anything else, a familiar Irish accent appeared behind me, "The birthday boy himself!"

I looked over my shoulder to see none other than Niall Horan, "My God, it's been so long." I said before I pulled him into a hug, "How have you been, pretty boy?"

"Best I've been in a while, what about you? How's your birthday treating you, old man?"

Niall wasn't a full year older than me, so we were both technically 26. Niall was always the baby of One Direction even if I technically was. We all treated him like he was our little brother and we always protected him.

"It's been good! My girl put everything together as a surprise for me!" Niall just smiled at me, "Have you met her? You'll love her, she's lovely!" I started to look around the room for Audrey.

"She greeted me whenever I came in." I smiled, "She really is lovely, Harry. You need someone like her to keep you grounded. She's beautiful too and besides it seems like she's got your stubborn ass under control."

I nudged Niall with my elbow as I rolled my eyes. I looked around the room, realizing how much I missed the boys. I wished the rest of the boys were here, then everything would be complete! I hadn't seen them in so long and it'd be good to see them one more time.

"I'm really glad you could make it, mate!" I confessed to Niall. Niall patted my back, "I really have missed being around you all the time. I miss the laughs we had."

Niall looked at me with a smirk, "Between me and you," we both looked at each other, "pranks, laughs, ah." Niall and I both threw our heads back in laughter. Damn, I missed seeing him.

Before either of us could say anything else, Audrey wrapped her arms around my waist. I could see the smile appear on Niall's face whenever he noticed how instantly happy Audrey made me.

"Are you boys ready for cake?" Both of us nodded, "Okay, could one of you get everyone's attention? My tiny ass won't be able to scream over everyone." Niall yelled for everyone to make their way into the kitchen.

**

Audrey and I cleaned up shortly after everyone left. Today has been such a good day and I haven't felt this so good in so long. There was something so different about today. I felt like I was riding a high and I was scared of the downfall. I was worried about how hard I was going to crash after this high.

I looked over to see Audrey yawning while she packed up all the leftover snacks. It was a little after three, I knew how tired she was. I, also, knew how much she dreaded going to bed every night. She went to bed every night scared out of her mind, and I went to sleep praying things would get better for her.

"Loverboy, I is sleepy." Audrey whined in a baby voice that she rarely ever did, but I loved whenever she did.

I walked over to her, picking her up off the ground to carry her upstairs. She latched her legs and arms around my body, resting her head on my shoulder. I carefully carried her up the stairs, making sure I didn't bump into anything along the way. Audrey had become quiet on the walk to the bedroom so I assumed she fell asleep, but then I felt her leave a soft kiss against my neck.

"I know I said I was sleepy, but do you think you could dance with me before we go to sleep?"

"Of course, sweet girl."

I loved slow dancing with Audrey. There was something sweet and innocent about holding her while we spun around the room. For a moment, it felt like it was just the two of us left in the world.

So I'll be around
When your heart is strong but your mind is weak
I'll be around
When you've fallen down and can't find your feet
I'll be around
When you've got no one, you're losing sleep
I'll be around
(I'll Be Around - Garrett Kato)

Audrey's body was still wrapped tightly around me while the music floated through the house. She pulled her head off my shoulder to look me in the eyes. I could feel my knees getting weak while I got lost inside the soft smile she had pressed against her lips. She placed her hand on the side of my face, running her thumb against my cheek.

"I haven't told you this in what feels like forever, but I really appreciate everything you do for me. I have been in a really dark place, but you've been the star in  the night sky leading me home. You are my star, loverboy."

"What about the stars?" He paused, "Why do you like them so much?"

"They are beautiful. The way they find each other, even on the darkest night, is beautiful. They fall to the earth and allow our tiny wishes to be granted. They are like a tiny beacon of hope hanging in the sky. Stars are like our guiding lights."

For a moment, I reminisced about the time Audrey opened her mind to me. She truly was such a beautiful person with a brilliant mind. I say it all the damn time, but it's so easy to get lost inside of her.

"Now probably isn't the best time to go radio silent, loverboy. I'm a bit fragile." She teased while she chuckled. God, I would do anything to keep this moment sweet in my memory.

"M'Sorry I was just thinking about how beautiful you are."

"Oh, were you? Is that all?"

"Hm," I looked off like I was thinking, "I might've also been thinking about how brilliant your mind is, but I can't remember." Audrey rolled her eyes as she gently pushed my shoulder. "I can't help that I'm madly in love with you, sweet girl."

"I'm madly in love with you, loverboy."

Moments passed, we continued to dance to any song that came on. Neither of us cared about how tired we were going to be tomorrow, we just wanted to enjoy each other's presence a little bit longer. As the minutes passed, I could feel myself falling so deeply in love with her. I would always do my best to take care of her, and I'm always going to do what's best for her.

Both of us collapsed into the bed, her giggling filled the air creating the sweetest melody. I closed my eyes so I could take in every second of this.

"Are you already sleeping?" Audrey asked. I shook my head while I opened my eyes to show her I was still wide awake. "What's on your mind?"

"I've never felt this good." I admitted honestly, "I have always been scared to feel this way, but you've made me realize how beautiful falling in love can be as long as it's with the right person." Audrey stuck her bottom lip out while she placed her hand on her heart. I could see the tears welling up in her eyes.

"Well aren't you just the sweetest thing?" She wiped the few tears that fell from her eyes. "I'm too sensitive for you to be doing this shit." I chuckled which caused her to chuckle.

We didn't say anything for a moment, Audrey just laid her head on my chest. We both faced the ceiling fan, watching it spin in circles while we both thought to ourselves. I wonder what she was thinking about, I'm sure she was wondering what I was thinking about too.

"Before I forget to tell you, Jeff told me tonight that I'm gonna have to travel to film another music video. He didn't discuss too many details tonight because he didn't want to ruin the party, but I'm flying out soon."

"I'll start packing." Audrey seemed so excited, but I couldn't let her come with me this time. I knew she just wanted to be supportive and of course I wanted her there. Filming goes by so much smoother whenever I can look off to the side and see her smile.

"Baby," I sighed, "I don't think you should come with me this time." I watched a frown immediately appear on her face, "It's that I don't want you there or anything, I just think you still need to rest. I don't want to overwhelm you right now, so I was thinking you could fly home and see your mom. I'm sure she would love to see after everything that's happened, and you need your mom right now. I know that you've been getting better, but I think seeing your mom and maybe even Kai would help out."

"Even though I'll miss you like crazy, that's not a bad idea." She leaned over and kissed my cheek, "Thank you for always having my best interest at heart."

Audrey and I both crawled up to the top of the bed. She let me get comfortable first before she melted into me. I wrapped the blanket around the both of us. Seconds had passed and Audrey was already sound asleep, I knew she wouldn't last much longer.

I stayed up a little longer allowing Audrey to fill my mind completely. Audrey was the only thing I thought about, she's taken my mind hostage without even knowing. Before I realized it, I was thinking about the tour that was creeping up on us fast. I tried so damn hard to push it to the back of my mind, so I wouldn't shut down again.

Here I am, spiraling again. You've really got to get your shit together.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.8M 191K 60
"Say my name," Harry said, his hands groping my butt and pushing me against the wall. "Say it." "H-Harry." I whined, and he abruptly pushed his pelvi...
86.4K 1.5K 61
[UNEDITED] 'cause once you go without it, nothing else will do • • • "Why angel?" he asks, smiling, and I nod. "Cause you- you're my sweet creature a...
4.3K 244 30
"You kinda suck at dating, don't you?" "You betcha." SHORT STORY
5.5K 88 29
He catches my chin in his warm hand. "I bet...you want me to kiss you right now." "H-Harry...?" I wanted him to kiss me...I wanted his lips on mine. ...